Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Hummels staying home is good for the BVB, but totally ridiculous if you watched his performance this season. Adeyemi being nominated is funny as well. Moukoko was expected after his last few games and Götze with the great comeback.

Marco Reus is one of the best German players over the past 12 years, yet due to injuries over his career, he only managed to play 5 matches in WCs and ECs combined. :classic_sad:

Former BVB player Jadon Sancho is also staying home...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 11/8/2022 at 9:38 PM, WuDu said:

Gladbach? I'm sure on Friday against the BVB, they're hot again.

Look Up Lebron James GIF by ESPN

10 weeks without football now and the BVB really being in need of some rest. That was absolutely nothing today and I cannot even say that I'm surprised. What's really concerning right now is that the BVB is hardly able to create chances anymore. The 1-1? Brilliant pass from Bellingham, brilliant goal by Brandt, all individual class. The 3-2? Some melee in the box. But after the 4-2? Did we see any drawn up plays? A strategy to build up pressure? Nope.

I also don't like the development Bellingham is taking right now. Always complaining, trash talking his teammates, not playing his role within the formation...

Long story short, the WC break comes at the right time, usually I would demand for heads to be rolling right now however I still believe in Edin to turn this sh*tshow around.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Bellingham really is a complete 8 already at 19. Not only does he have respectable g/a per minute, his c/a (complaints/arms thrown into the air) per minute are also through the roof.

This will be very tough fight for top 4 and Leverkusen [well if they win with Stuttgart which is not a given!] will catch up to Dortmund. I dont think Union is in the battle for top 4 [after Bochum/Leverkusen games its seem they are little too short, EL maybe], so its between RB/Leverkusen/Freiburg/Dortmund maybe Eintracht if there will be no black friday in winter. If Wolfsburg win at Hoffe i wouldnt count them out too! That two losses are really bad, what is goin on there. Only four points more than Werder. That defensive, yikes 🙉

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Bellingham really is a complete 8 already at 19. Not only does he have respectable g/a per minute, his c/a (complaints/arms thrown into the air) per minute are also through the roof.

A "complete" 8 who thinks of himself as a 10. 

Dawsons Creek Crying Dawson GIF by HULU

Throwing his arms up, staying seated on the pitch, trash talking his team-mates, opponents, the refs...All while being our 2nd captain right now when Reus is injured.

2 hours ago, jerry said:

This will be very tough fight for top 4 and Leverkusen [well if they win with Stuttgart which is not a given!] will catch up to Dortmund. I dont think Union is in the battle for top 4 [after Bochum/Leverkusen games its seem they are little too short, EL maybe], so its between RB/Leverkusen/Freiburg/Dortmund maybe Eintracht if there will be no black friday in winter. If Wolfsburg win at Hoffe i wouldnt count them out too! That two losses are really bad, what is goin on there. Only four points more than Werder. That defensive, yikes 🙉

Too many injuries, matches and overpaid players. Today, Schlotterbeck and Hummels were a disaster as well. The scene where Thuram "fouled" Hummels and then assisted the 5-2 is all you need to know. Hummels was really top notch this season, he got in shape and performed brilliantly. Let's see if the WC in Qatar was the motivation behind it. If so, Lord have mercy.

Schlotterbeck had some good games, but also quite a lot of individual mistakes. Malen is getting better and better, too bad this is the Bundesliga and not FIFA Street and scoring goals still matters. Similar situation with Adeyemi, just on a lower performance level.

Players like Can, Hazard, Modeste are getting paid like stars, yet shouldn't even sit on the bench if everybody were healthy.

So there are a few issues the club has right now. In addition to that, the injury problem has to be taken care of.

With a 10 week break, the Rückrunde will feel more like a new season were anything can happen. Getting Dahoud, Reus and JBG back would help a lot.

And we're heading into the WC break like this:

image.png.7f5dcad1727ef15ed15bc48bb9667360.png

Schalke, St Pauli, Freiburg. I hate all of these clubs. However you have to give it to Freiburg: 2nd place this year after 15 matchdays and winning their Euroleague group, after reaching the Euroleague and the Cup Final last year. That's impressive. Red Bull also up there again, after they had to fire Tedesco earlier this season. Frankfurt had a poor start but they also improved.

In contrast to that: Union and the BVB. Union probably had to suffer for playing in Europe in the end, similar to Köln. Which is OK. The BVB is in trouble and hopefully Edin will work his magic again. The title is gone unfortunately.

At the bottom, the lights are going out for the Smurfs! 

Sad The Smurfs GIF by Boomerang Official

5,5 points behind Stuttgart is a lot, especially considering that we don't have a Greuther Fürth or Bielefeld in the league this year. Even Bochum stepped up under their new coach.

• 3 weeks later...

After the BVB toured Asia during the WC break, we're now playing the Christmas Cup in Bucarest this weekend! Rapid and Fiorentina are the opponents! 

borussia dortmund GIF by Bundesliga

Also good to see that every German National team player + the Belgians + Gio Reyna have to show up to practice tomorrow! 

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

1°C and a heart warming mixture of Snow and Rain! But WC tourists like Adeyemi, Brandt and Moukoko had enough fun in the sun recently...

I think that's a good sign for the Rückrunde! Only Kobel, Guerreiro and Bellingham are still playing in Qatar. Dahoud, JBG are coming back as well. Hopefully Edin has now enough time to implement a working system. 

• Like 1

Oli "Shampoo" Bierhoff stepped down from his position as National Team manager. 4.5 years too late...🤢

I remember a time when German National Team coaches also took responsibility after poor results. Losing in the QF of a WC? Be prepared for 24/7 media pressure. Not making it past the group stage? You immediately step down after the final whistle.

Nowadays? Löw stayed after 2018 and today Flick received the green light to continue...

Flick GIF by FC Bayern Munich

image.png.6734c975f7fa190689651907a4605f8c.png

His performance against top football nations (Spain, England, Italy, Netherlands):

1 win and 5 draws in 6 games! 

His performance against mid-tier football nations (Hungary, Japan, Costa Rica):

1 win, 1 draw and 2 losses in 4 games!

Celebrate Germany GIF by Jake Martella

• Haha 1

Some drama in the Bundesliga:

Manuel Neuer returned from Qatar and decided to go skiing. Broken leg and out for the year. Coach Flick already guaranteed him his spot for the Euro 2024.

Europa League Oops GIF by UEFA

Interesting to see whether Bayern is now bringing Nübel back or stay with their 2nd goalie Ullreich, especially considering that they're facing PSG in the UCL next.

It seems like Gio Reyna was almost send home from the WC due to bad behaviour. I don't know how much of that is true, but similar to Bellingham, one can see a few bad character traits when he's playing (diving, complaining...). 

The BVB also seems to aim for Bensebaini now, letting Guerreiro go. I don't know. Sure, Guerreiro is no left back, he's also no winger due to his lack of speed and probably not physical enough to play in central midfield. But letting one of your best technical players go for free? I don't know... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any interesting moves in Buli? Hints rumours? Schalke really need to dig deep to have a chance. 

From my backyard some buli clubs are after torhuter Kovacevic from Rakow Czestochowa. Bayer offered 5-6mln, Rakow want 10 but to be honest german clubs are cheapstakes in Europe 😸 and i would wait for better offers. Benfica is interested and when they sell Fernandez for more than 100 [he is worth no more than 60 btw] they can extort them for 15 even. Kovacevic got all to be among the best goalkeepers. Still got some mistakes in him but IMO he is already better than all swiss guys at Dortmund.

Other than that St Pauli bought [appparently for peanuts] Radomiak Radom striker Maurides. He shows flashes of absolute brilliance but one he is very inconsistent, two he have big problems with weight. He is like always overweight. Slow, unmovable object. Curious how he will fare in Hamburg, seeing that 2nd Buli is faster league than Ekstraklasa.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Any interesting moves in Buli? Hints rumours? Schalke really need to dig deep to have a chance. 

From my backyard some buli clubs are after torhuter Kovacevic from Rakow Czestochowa. Bayer offered 5-6mln, Rakow want 10 but to be honest german clubs are cheapstakes in Europe 😸 and i would wait for better offers. Benfica is interested and when they sell Fernandez for more than 100 [he is worth no more than 60 btw] they can extort them for 15 even. Kovacevic got all to be among the best goalkeepers. Still got some mistakes in him but IMO he is already better than all swiss guys at Dortmund.

Other than that St Pauli bought [appparently for peanuts] Radomiak Radom striker Maurides. He shows flashes of absolute brilliance but one he is very inconsistent, two he have big problems with weight. He is like always overweight. Slow, unmovable object. Curious how he will fare in Hamburg, seeing that 2nd Buli is faster league than Ekstraklasa.

Schalke basically can't afford any new players.... 

Despite this, I remain optimistic 😄 the last three Bundesliga games of 2022 were decent. Main challenge right now is the super tough program at the start of the year. If the team can get a point in the first two games - or at least keep morale intact - there's still a chance for survival. Odds 1.7 on Schalke to finish rock bottom 🤪

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

On 12/29/2022 at 12:41 PM, jerry said:

Moukoko hasn't extended his deal, yet. Bellingham is likely to move in the summer. Maybe? Perhaps? Not so sure I feel confident in a management that spent 10 M Euro for one season of Modeste when it comes to using the 130+ M for Bellingham wisely. Especially considering the fact that Bellingham is the last one of the elite talent we have: Götze, Lewy, Dembele, Auba, Sancho, Haaland...As of now, we don't have any players of their caliber left.

Now BVB GM Kehl wants a decision from Moukoko pretty soon. This looks more and more like the Goretzka-Schalke-Bayern situation to me! Also it seems like the BVB is trying to implement a new salary structure, only offering deals that are more incentive heavy. I mean, this sounds nice on paper, but do you really think Moukoko will sign for 3+3 M or so when a bum like Modeste receives 5-6? Or Adeyemi receiving 5?

But with Gakpo moving to Pool, mabye Eindhoven wants to bring back Malen.

image.png.6603b1848af43d8a2744a2e4e1087803.png

image.thumb.png.f4726fa512e58fefded131cff63ded5b.png

• Like 1

Malen is good player its just he has no end product whatsoever. Got some pace, maybe he would be good right back or maybe even box2box mid. 

58 minutes ago, jerry said:

Malen is good player its just he has no end product whatsoever. Got some pace, maybe he would be good right back or maybe even box2box mid

troll dancing GIF

He has some moves for sure, however in front of the goal he wasted so many chances for the BVB, it's absolutely astonishing. The funny thing is that when he was signed in 2021, there was always the buzz around him that he'll be our next central forward once Haaland leaves the club. Haaland leaves and we pick up Haller and Modeste and play Malen exclusively on the wings...

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Looks like Schalke does their scouting at unibetcommunity and took my word for it: can't win without Fin. Good choice, something that may save them from relegation. Terrier at defence zone, almost TAA with attacking 🤫

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-data-update/submission/655338/changes

Also means that i'll be Smurf fan at least until end of season so @WuDu better watch out with running your mouth or i'll crush you like a bug 🤏 

Off to practise Schalke song, how does it go? Schalke Schalke uber alles...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Looks like Schalke does their scouting at unibetcommunity and took my word for it: can't win without Fin. Good choice, something that may save them from relegation. Terrier at defence zone, almost TAA with attacking 🤫

Also means that i'll be Smurf fan at least until end of season so @WuDu better watch out with running your mouth or i'll crush you like a bug 🤏 

We have Finns in Ekstraklasa 😸  Legia was interested in Ivanov from Warta but once the news broke he had terrible match and it got cold 🙉 He plays there with Maenpaa. Cracovia have forward Kallman and i think he could be really good with a chance for top 5 league transfer. Not consistent now, but it really feels he could explode and score 15-20 goals.

Gladbach after another swiss torhuter Omlin. What is with Bundesliga and swiss keepers? Pretty quiet winter season in Buli. Biggest transfer is Aaronson to Frankfurt for 4mln. Everyone broke or something 🤔 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

So, are you joining the traditional player hunt in April then as well?

Seems like Haller is back and he might even play vs Augsburg when the Bundesliga returns. Moukoko still negotiating for insane payments.

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Gladbach after another swiss torhuter Omlin. What is with Bundesliga and swiss keepers? Pretty quiet winter season in Buli. Biggest transfer is Aaronson to Frankfurt for 4mln. Everyone broke or something 🤔 

They speak German and usually know the league due to proximity, that would be my guess. Yann Sommer to Bayern to replace Neuer this season?

Honestly, I never liked those winter transfers. Sure, Haaland was an exception, however at this time you'll never get anybody good.

• Like 2

Haller back on the training pitch yesterday! 

Happy Celebration GIF by MolaTV

That could give us a much needed boost and hopefully get us into the UCL and rolling for 23/24. Then likely without Jude Bellingham who's now connected with Real. 

Also, have you heard about the Gio Reyna- Gio's parents - Berhalter situation?

Claudio Reyna and US coach Berhalter were best friends since the age of 5. Gio's mother and Berhalter's wife played together. As we all know, Gio was almost sent home from Qatar. Now it seems like Gio's parents tried to blackmail Berhalter by threatening to release a domestic violence incidence of Berhalter to the press.

What did Berhalter do? He kicked his GF's leg during a dispute in 1991 when they were both teenagers! 

The Office Lol GIF 

He and his GF, now his wife, went on to have 4 kids together. Unreal!

On 12/29/2022 at 12:41 PM, jerry said:

From my backyard some buli clubs are after torhuter Kovacevic from Rakow Czestochowa. Bayer offered 5-6mln, Rakow want 10 but to be honest german clubs are cheapstakes in Europe 😸 and i would wait for better offers.

Kovacevic showing up on the transfermarkt rumour page wanting to go to Bayern... 🤣

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

Kovacevic showing up on the transfermarkt rumour page wanting to go to Bayern... 🤣

Big risk for Bayern as he is not proofed in top league. Very unlikely IMO. Isnt Sommer almost there with BMG lined with replacement? Kovacevic is very good but jump from Ekstraklasa to Bayern is too big and too risky for Julian commando. He needs some Bayer in between. Still, he is relatively cheap for Bayern so if Sommer deal collapse who knows? 35% from transfermarkt bit too high, for me its 10% 😸

I tell you in league he's got one or two weird patzers, but in two years Rakow played in Eurocups he was always very good. That tell you there is really good keeper there.

BTW Bayern should pay for new keeper from Neuer salary 😼

BTW 2 You know when he was joining Rakow from Bosnien there was some talks that he turned down Schalke 😂🤣

Edited by jerry