Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Szobo with a great match again today, my fantasy team loves it.

Excited I Like It GIF by LA Clippers

Finding out that all the top guys in the Community fantasy league are starting Szobo/Silva/Henrichs.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Bayern with the third draw in a row! BVB-Leverkusen will be of utmost importance now!

Hertha Berlin fired GM Bobic! :classic_biggrin: He'll get over it with the contract he signed, however Bobic is such a leftist fraud who had one good run in Frankfurt due to excellent scouting. 

• Thanks 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

One Leverkusen win please. Feel like they have bigger chance to challenge Bayern. If not for that terrible start they could be few points clear of Bayern. So instead bottling at the end, they now bottling at the start :classic_biggrin:

Bayern in buli looks very beatable at the moment. Even stats of almost every game shows that. Its probably more than anything on leaving Lewy [no 1:0 at the start of every match] but feel like Julien have his hand in it too!

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

10 minutes ago, jerry said:

Bayern in buli looks very beatable at the moment. Even stats of almost every game shows that. Its probably more than anything on leaving Lewy [no 1:0 at the start of every match] but feel like Julien have his hand in it too!

Nng1NjI

Does this man look like he's making poor decisions? 

16 minutes ago, jerry said:

One Leverkusen win please. Feel like they have bigger chance to challenge Bayern.

troll fraud GIF

image.png.90b5723d1a04dd3e7f199ec48e40cd20.png

13,5 points behind Bayern. 

15 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Bierhoff is coming.🤣

Isnt that Dardai music?

48 minutes ago, WuDu said:

13,5 points behind Bayern. 

Thats what i mean. I still trust Leverkusen to give the more grief Bayern with -10 than Dortmund with -3. You had +7 or something and still bottled.  I dont trust BVB. At this point i think it will be most likely Red Bull that will break Bayern in 2077 :classic_biggrin: Leverkusen have this chance only this season with big sales in the summer. Lets hope someone win and match dont end with the draw.

Edited by jerry
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

30 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Bierhoff is coming.🤣

Would be a good fit. Pretender manager going to a pretender club.

17 minutes ago, jerry said:

Isnt that Dardai music?

"Insiderthread" on tm.de in the Hertha forum: "Dardai definitely not interested." :classic_biggrin: 

It's funny how the people in charge of Frankfurt's rise then went to other clubs and failed. Hütter going to Gladbach, getting fired after one poor season and Glasner winning the Europa League with his team. Bobic leaving his GM position and going to Hertha, getting fired after 1,5 seasons.

17 minutes ago, jerry said:

You had +7 or something and still bottled.  I dont trust BVB. At this point i think it will be most likely Red Bull that will break Bayern in 2077 :classic_biggrin: Leverkusen have this chance only this season with big sales in the summer. Lets hope someone win and match dont end with the draw.

We had +9.

Tired Good Night GIF

Yes, Red Bull is looking really strong right now, especially considering the depth of their roster and that their best guy isn't even playing. Since Rose took over, they accumulated 30 points in 13 games with a GD of +18. Bayern had 26 points with a GD of +22.

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Looks like mr president was right and it will be tight race after all. As long as winner isn't BM for a change or more importantly Onion Berlin cause i missed that 500 odds they were given, all good.

@Stubbe-Unibet got cash out offer for that?

Too high margin on the cashout, especially these kind of bets. Odds on Union also still pretty high at 65. 

It's an all or nothing this one! 

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

4 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

It's an all or nothing this one! 

Why not, GL.

I was just wondering what kind of cashout offers do you get, if any, for these season bets as i don't do them almost ever. Ofc season ain't even half way yet and Unioin not even leading so offer couldn't be too high like. 

I guess i go can draw some lines from 65 odds still offered.

Good match for the BVB so far, Adeyemi playing well. Also interesting that Hazard hasn't been in the matchday squad for the past 2 games. Terzic leaving out Hummels and Guerreiro against speedy Leverkusen so far was the right choice. Moukoko, Bynoe-Gittens, Reyna and Reus still sitting on the bench.

Shocked Oh Boy GIF by Election 2016

On 1/28/2023 at 8:52 PM, jerry said:

One Leverkusen win please. Feel like they have bigger chance to challenge Bayern. If not for that terrible start they could be few points clear of Bayern. So instead bottling at the end, they now bottling at the start :classic_biggrin:

Well, well, well...

The BVB now with the most wins this Bundesliga season. Oh what could have been...

image.png.56bcaa52d82aed95b2ad5db345345a6f.png

So is the league so weak or don't we have bum teams anymore (except Schalke, of course)? The BVB with 3 wins in a row, 2 lucky ones vs Augsburg and Mainz and a very good one today vs Leverkusen, albeit not spectacular. Edin Terzic, after already dominating the bald fraud this season, showing once again why he's actually a good coach and not just some likeable mascot for the club:

• Moukoko and Malen benched (performance).
  • Guerreiro and Hummels benched (speed).

Instead he brought on Haller, moved Ryerson from the right to the left and started Wolf as out right back. Wolf stole the ball before the 1-0 and assisted the 2-0. Similar to the match against City, Emre Can played his second good game in a row in defensive midfield. Kobel also showing today why he's the #1 player rated by kicker in the Buli.

Reyna, who scored the game winners and each of the last two games, Guerreiro, Moukoko and Malen weren't even subbed in today. 

Celebration Yes GIF by Borussia Dortmund

Wolfsburg playing Bayern next week and the BVB hosts Freiburg. The Smurfs continue their farewell tour with a final visit to Gladbach.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

The Smurfs continue their farewell tour with a final visit to Gladbach.

Like expected, Uronen brought skills to team and important point. Now that he managed to improve defence, next task is to make those match winning passes. ETA 1-2 matches...

• Like 1

I guess Leverkusen or Xabi Alonso isnt as strong as i thought they are. Judging from this match i would think more than twice before placing 100mln bid for Wirtz or Diaby or 50 for eigentor scorer Tapsoba. Didnt see the game cause was busy donating money [with 90% on turn:classic_laugh: ] on Unibet but i see Leverkusen had quite a bit more scoring chances.14-4 in shots 7-2 in on target and result is 0:2. And of all people Adeyemi with a goal. Quite shamefull. They miss Schick that badly? :classic_ohmy:

Was complaining that Bayern didnt went for Juranovic but they just outdid themselves with securing Joao Cancelo. He was literal world beater just a year ago. Fall behind a bit last months but still this is great transfer that no one saw coming. Cant see them buying him for 60mln after loan and Mazraoui coming back after injury. Maybe if they sell Pavard for more than 30...

Schalke at this point should start planning 2.buli season. With better coach i think they could have some chance but not with Reis. Will be very hard, that Koeln game was very important. Now BMG, Wolfsburg, Union, realistically is there a chance for a win/point? After that champions league final with Stuttgart and with draw/lose there it could be the end for Schalke.

3 hours ago, jerry said:

I guess Leverkusen or Xabi Alonso isnt as strong as i thought they are. Judging from this match i would think more than twice before placing 100mln bid for Wirtz or Diaby or 50 for eigentor scorer Tapsoba. Didnt see the game cause was busy donating money [with 90% on turn:classic_laugh: ] on Unibet but i see Leverkusen had quite a bit more scoring chances.14-4 in shots 7-2 in on target and result is 0:2. And of all people Adeyemi with a goal. Quite shamefull. They miss Schick that badly? :classic_ohmy:

No, the BVB had the game under control, there weren't really that many dangerous situations. Mainz and Augsburg were much better on offense. Wirtz had one excellent pass to Diaby in the first half, but that was it.

Cancelo to Bayern, Isco to Union maybe, Hazard to PSV maybe and even Niko Schulz to Bergamo maybe? An interesting Monday, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Christian Clemens released from Lechia Gdansk found new club in 1.FC Düren, 13th team of regionalliga west [4th level] :classic_biggrin::classic_rolleyes:

At Gdansk he was a passenger, mostly used as a sub. In 22 games he scored one goal. He looks shot and whats worse disinterested in playing. Remember him from Koeln and he was one of better wingers there.

He will meet at Duren former polish national team and Bundesliga player Adam Matuschyk. In 2012 Euro he played in one game as a sub. Like Clemens also former Koeln where he played with Podolski Terodde and...Christian Clemens. Just like him also had episode in mighty Ekstraklasa. He was two seasons at Zaglebie Lubin in which he played in 43 games scoring zero goals and having two assists. First season mostly stammspieler, second not :classic_laugh:In Poland mostly known from naming his child Lennox :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_ninja:

Edited by jerry

40 minutes ago, jerry said:

Christian Clemens released from Lechia Gdansk found new club in 1.FC Düren, 13th team of regionalliga west [4th level] 

Another player being destroyed by Schalke. Like Suat Serdar, Harit, Kabak, Bentaleb, Boateng etc. Clemens was even playing for the German u21.

1. FC Düren sounds familiar to me, because Schalke's new hope, Japanese player Kozuki started there as well. Always found it interesting that a Japanese player goes from playing in J2 to Europe to play somewhere in the 5th division. Then Smurf 2 picked him up, then they added him to the first team and now he's their best guy!

Sad Kristen Bell GIF 

Edited by WuDu

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

1. FC Düren sounds familiar to me, because Schalke's new hope, Japanese player Kozuki started there as well. Always found it interesting that a Japanese player goes from playing in J2 to Europe to play somewhere in the 5th division. Then Smurf 2 picked him up, then they added him to the first team and now he's their best guy!

Feel like people were sleeping on japanese players for the last 10-20 years. These are gifted, very technical, almost always pacy players. What they lack in physicality they make up in hard work. We had some players from Japan in Poland and they were always impressive. Had one even one in my team, Ryota Morioka. Went to Belgium and even Anderlecht bought him for 2,5mln from smaller club. Feel like every team could use one or two japanese players. Look at Mitoma looks for a moment borderline world class. Kubo has even bigger talent with messi's technique but is struggling with physical play [too easy to bully, small like ant] and dont think he will break into Real or something similar. I think he would be fire in Bundesliga for example!

Shame they probably never win the world cup cause they will never have physicality or most important height needed. They just dont have/make good defenders or mittelfeld enforcers. Yoshida was good but 5-7 years ago for 2/3 seasons, maybe Itakura [BMG] will be better cause certainly is promising.

You found one in 2nd japanese league. Why there was not another one? Like with english children? :classic_tongue:

6 hours ago, WuDu said:

Cancelo to Bayern, Isco to Union maybe, Hazard to PSV maybe and even Niko Schulz to Bergamo maybe? An interesting Monday, that's for sure.

Union with Juranovic and Isco. Its like some wild football manager save. It would be great story making him play good but i dont think its very likely. What i've seen he is really bad. He is almost at times like he doesnt belong on top level bad. It would took a lot determination from him to start playing good. Marketing wise its great deal, whole Europe know about Union today. From sport it depends, how long, how much. Well, maybe Sevilla was very bad fit and in Union he will begin new life. Who knows. Weirdest things happend. 

Todays transfer deadline. They should be few funny panic buys, even in Bundesliga.

11 hours ago, WuDu said:

Cancelo to Bayern

Cancelo hasn't been as good this season as earlier to but still quite strange move from baldie imo. Probly will bite his in the ass.

4 hours ago, jerry said:

Look at Mitoma looks for a moment borderline world class

Yup, i am very surprised if he don't get big move next summer. Sure he got some weaknessess like pretty poor shot but very good with 1 on 1 and creating space. TAA destroyed 😄

4 hours ago, jerry said:

Todays transfer deadline. They should be few funny panic buys, even in Bundesliga.

Former Smurf and Red Bull coach Tedesco in talks to become the new coach for 

Spoiler

Belgium.

Hilary Duff Lol GIF by YoungerTV

4 hours ago, jerry said:

Shame they probably never win the world cup cause they will never have physicality or most important height needed. They just dont have/make good defenders or mittelfeld enforcers.

Honestly, I don't know. Sure, Asians are smaller than Euros on average, however there are way more Japanese then Dutch, Belgiums, Danes, Swedes, Norwegians and Croatians combined. Yoshida is listed at 1.89, Hasebe at 1.80, Tomiyasu at 1.88...

Funny story in that regard, when I was living in China, in a city with 12-15 M people, it took 7 days until I saw someone my height for the first time. Then I started to play basketball on some street court later on and all of a sudden all the beasts came out. 

Shrek Film Smile GIF by PeacockTV

So I don't think height is the issue.

8 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Cancelo hasn't been as good this season as earlier to but still quite strange move from baldie imo. Probly will bite his in the ass.

Strange indeed, but maybe the bald fraud goes all-in with Haaland now and doesn't need Cancelo's skill set anymore. I don't know...

15 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Yup, i am very surprised if he don't get big move next summer. Sure he got some weaknessess like pretty poor shot but very good with 1 on 1 and creating space. TAA destroyed 😄

Trent "torero defense" Alexander-Arnold. Ole´!

Mario Moreno Mexico GIF

5 hours ago, jerry said:

You found one in 2nd japanese league. Why there was not another one? Like with english children:classic_tongue:

We're grooming in Belgium now as well! :classic_biggrin: Different times. Scouting is much more sophisticated now compared to 2010 and the BVB has to look for talent that can improve a Champions League team. A guy like Kolo Muani for free would have been nice, though...

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

So I don't think height is the issue

Dont agree. Height mediana comes higher every year and football becoming more and more about brute force paired with pace. Technical players will become very rare. See your opinion of Guerreiro. To me he is absolute world beater technically, how he is passing or shooting technique albeit agree he seem pretty lazy. Yet always his name is brought you say SLOW SLOW SLOW :classic_biggrin: Cancelo for example doesnt have fraction of his technique [IMO he is pretty raw for that level] yet he is very fast and rated much higher.

Read stats with Premier League having 180 and up with teams at 185. If you count out freak 2m goalkeepers and one or two 165 midgets you clearly see 180 is now average. While japanese will always have one or three 180 freaks the rest will be 170 or even lower and you can easily bully them. Tchouameni vs 175 65kg guys. Cmon...

Look at Fiorentina defense pairing of Igor/Milenkovic. Its like they run from mma cage. I think football is going this way. Even in Ekstraklasa guys playing in defensive are just massive. Remember that Werder team with Rufer, Basler, Herzog,Novotny? :classic_biggrin: Rehhagel was a pioneer :classic_laugh:

Height plus weight. Its just genetics, asian are smaller and they will never produce top teams from their player pool. China already understand that so they scrapped financing football.

ManUtd asking for Kamada from Eintracht. Everyone wants to have one :classic_tongue:

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

Yeah he i bad what comes to defending. BAAAAAD.

He would be bad at defending if he tried to defend. Most of times he doesnt even track back. People make world of excuses for him, but to me case is clear. He is just lazy and cant focus to save his life. All hes got is pace!![thats all you need to be right or left back these days] and some periods when he have luck with crosses. At football he is atrocious for the level he plays at. Who knows if the answer to crisis is not dropping him for pure defender. It really feels like Liverpool is playing with 10men or sometimes with 9,5 if Hendo/Ox is also on the pitch.

5 hours ago, WuDu said:

We're grooming in Belgium now as well! :classic_biggrin: Different times. Scouting is much more sophisticated now compared to 2010 and the BVB has to look for talent that can improve a Champions League team. A guy like Kolo Muani for free would have been nice, though...

Whats sophisticated in watching japanese league from streams. You can find streams from even 2nd division. I can do it :classic_ninja:. Japanese at Celtic are not on BVB level? I think they would not stick out...

You just paid 8,5 for 16 year old. Same as Union for Juranovic [i know im repeating myself]. Union have player for NOW and they will make money on him, maybe more than you on your guy.

Business model is very good i guess but it really feel like you are just few flops before becoming midtable team...

5 hours ago, jerry said:

Dont agree. Height mediana comes higher every year and football becoming more and more about brute force paired with pace. Technical players will become very rare.

Height plus weight. Its just genetics, asian are smaller and they will never produce top teams from their player pool. China already understand that so they scrapped financing football.

Didn't China have one of the taller basketball national teams a while back when they were hosting the Olympics? In basketball, height is even more important than in football. Again, it's not just genetics, otherwise China would be pretty good at basketball since they scout children at a young age and force them into basketball if they have a positive height outlook.

What China did with their Super League was insane, however the issue is with youth development, I assume. Football education needs to be free of charge so any kid who wants to can join some club and play. If you charge parents to enroll their kids in football schools, then your pool of future players automatically shrinks.

5 hours ago, jerry said:

ManUtd asking for Kamada from Eintracht. Everyone wants to have one :classic_tongue:

Seems like they're going for Sabitzer now. Isco took a page out of the old Donald Trump playbook and wanted to renegotiate at the last second and Union said "No".

GIF by Arturo Castro

Hazard to PSV and Schulz stays. Delaney to Hoffenheim, he's their 4th Dane now.

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Whats sophisticated in watching japanese league from streams. You can find streams from even 2nd division. I can do it :classic_ninja:. Japanese at Celtic are not on BVB level? I think they would not stick out...

You just paid 8,5 for 16 year old. Same as Union for Juranovic [i know im repeating myself]. Union have player for NOW and they will make money on him, maybe more than you on your guy.

Business model is very good i guess but it really feel like you are just few flops before becoming midtable team...

This is not Football Manager 2002 where you can pick up guys from obscure leagues and immediately see that they have 4/5 or 5/5 talent. :classic_biggrin: For instance look at Yusuf Demir:

https://www.transfermarkt.de/yusuf-demir/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/548031/wettbewerb/A1/verein/170

Came up with Rapid Vienna and was linked to the BVB. Then at 18 years old, after scoring 6 goals in 31 Austrian Bundesliga games, he went to Barca and even started for them in one LaLiga match. After half a year he returns to Austria and does nothing. Then moves back to the homeland and joins Gala for 6 M Euro and has done nothing so far in half a year.

I'm repeating myself over and over again, however the problems for the BVB are not caused by its young players:

Here's a list of the profitable young players joining the club in the post-Kloppo era:

Pulisic, Weigl, Dembele, Zagadou, Sancho, Hakimi, Reyna, Haaland, Bellingham, Moukoko, Bynoe-Gittens. 

Players who were busts with us who were sold to other clubs: Isak, Emre Mor, Balerdi, Merino, Sergio Gomez. Except Mor, they all improved later on and Mor was even sold with a slight profit.