Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

13 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Best defense in the Bundesliga at the moment? Schalke #fährmann. 0 goals conceded last 3 games. Unfortunately no goals scored either 😅 

What a difference one Finnish defender can make 😉

They should have bought a Finnish forward also though and it would have been smooth sailing well above the relegation zone by the end of March... ↗️

Edited by Purps
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

A win in the latter and it's starting to look quite promising.

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Promising to reach the relegation games, you meant? The problem is that the Smurfs need to win games, drawing 0-0 is not good enough. After Stuttgart, you have Bochum on the road, which is ultra tough, then you get spanked by us, then it's Augsburg on the road, which is tough as well. And don't forget, your final 3 matches are against Bayern, Frankfurt and Red Bull. 

I'd say the traditional player hunt takes place in April this year, perhaps after you disappoint in the home game vs Hertha Berlin.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

30 minutes ago, Purps said:

What a difference one Finnish defender can make 😉

They should have bought a Finnish forward also though and it would have been smooth sailing well above the relegation zone by the end of March... ↗️

Uronen reminds me of John Arne Riise. Bar pace worse than him in everything though :classic_tongue:. But he is very solid, im pretty sure someone in 1.Buli will pick him up after the season.

• Like 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

I didn't hear my alarm clock today, so I only saw the highlights of Bremen-BVB. 

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

5th Bundesliga match since the restart, 5th win. Including the tough cup game, we now stand at 6 wins in 6 games. The BVB now with 10 goals scored by substitutes showing our current strength: With almost everybody healthy and a lot of (former?) bums getting back in form, we have the deepest team in the league right now. Case in point, JBG scoring as a sub again today.

Moukoko out with an injury today, so it will be Haller/Modeste for the next few weeks. 

Not Great Ok GIF by Sky España

Since signing his new deal, Moukoko has shown nothing so far. So we won't be missing any production from him, however Haller cannot go much longer than 60 mins a game.

The odds for the BVB vs Chelsea went up a little again, now they're almost back to 2,65.

I'm expecting the following lineup vs Chelsea:

Kobel

Guerreiro - Süle - Schlotti/Hummels - Ryerson

Can

Adeyemi - Reus/Özcan - Jude - Brandt

Haller

Wolf is banged up, so Guerreiro and Ryerson are locked in. Does Chelsea have any speedsters? If not, I'd rather play Hummels here. 

Adeyemi is coming back. Brandt has been one of our best guys this year, Bellingham is in incredible form and Can played himself into the team again. That leaves either Reus or Özcan, depending on whether Edin wants to attack more or play it safe. Haller is the clear #1.

Off the bench we'll definitely see JBG, as I believe that this role suits him well. Reyna as well if we need creative input. 

I think we can all look forward to a great UCL round over the next two weeks. Bayern-PSG on Tuesday and BVB on Wednesday!

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Gladbach losing 4-1 to Hertha, Frankfurt losing 3-0 to Köln. OK, OK, Gladbach is Hot'n'Cold and Frankfurt must be looking ahead to Napoli in the UCL this week... WTF Frankfurt? :classic_biggrin:

image.png.33007d7e24987b60d90982df47bc1b6f.png

Union might really pull it off and reach the UCL, 6 points on Red Bull and Freiburg as buffer in between them as well. As I mentioned yesterday, our beloved BVB is on a run, Chelsea is next, then it's Hertha at home. The team is deep enough to pull it off and start with 8 wins in a row. The odds for the BVB against Chelsea dropped again to 2,47 right now. Unibet even offers 2,55.

image.png.68a9d335ae2269bd4f234a244a370af4.png

The Smurfs are 7 points behind 15th place, despite playing 0-0 over the past 3 matches. If I remember it correctly, they currently hold the record for the most away games without a win. The last time the Smurfs won a road game in the Bundesliga was almost 3,5 years ago. Erling Haaland was playing for Red Bull Salzburg at the time! 

The Smurfs are gone, however with Hoffenheim and Stuttgart being unable to stop their downfall, maybe freaking Hertha manages to escape once again? Augsburg gets Hoffenheim next Friday.

Gladbach plays Bayern next Saturday and I think placing a bet on Gladbach might be value here.

• Gladbach always had a good record against Bayern over the past few years
  • They're hot and cold but this season they already won against RB and the BVB at home. Last year, they humiliated Bayern in the cup.
  • Bayern plays PSG on Tuesday in Paris.
Edited by WuDu

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

The Smurfs are 7 points behind 15th place, despite playing 0-0 over the past 3 matches. If I remember it correctly, they currently hold the record for the most away games without a win

7 ain't that bad and 5 points to 16th place even less. Just two wins and stocks are rising 📈

Away win is also due. All streaks end eventually, don't see it happening against Union but Bochum might be it. In between Stuttgart at home very doable or actually must win to hang in there. How much it matters if they manage stay at buli is another thing if they got no money to invest for next season.

11 hours ago, WuDu said:

The odds for the BVB against Chelsea dropped again to 2,47 right now. Unibet even offers 2,55.

If you manage drop to against Chelsea, team that is incapable of making more than 1 goal per match, i am just stunned and will spam this thread with bad defending memes dor rest of season 😄

10 hours ago, Livertool said:

7 ain't that bad and 5 points to 16th place even less. Just two wins and stocks are rising 📈

Smurfs are averaging 0,6 PPG so far. That means they need 11,5 games to just close the gap unless they improve on offense and win games.

Bochum won every home game under their new coach. The Smurfs are done.

10 hours ago, Livertool said:

If you manage drop to against Chelsea, team that is incapable of making more than 1 goal per match, i am just stunned and will spam this thread with bad defending memes dor rest of season 😄

image.png.8338710e5a452906b2782c32a51fead2.png

Sad Cry GIF

Hopefully Real takes care of you guys, because then I have serious doubts whether Bellingham would join you in 23/24. Meaning we could keep the team together for one more year.

Borussia Dortmund Friends GIF

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

Smurfs are averaging 0,6 PPG so far. That means they need 11,5 games to just close the gap unless they improve on offense and win games.

Brainwashed by data science of Stu and And 🧐

Multiple times teams have been saved when new manager managed to get defence is shape, Roy "0-0" Hodgson must have done it ten times just by himself. Without seeing matches safe to say three clean sheets in a row don't happen without reason and that is crucial in order to be saved. We'll see how it turns out in the end. Anyways, don't really know why i'm writing this much about smurfs, couldn't care less 😆 

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

Hopefully Real takes care of you guys

If they don't i'll be michael-richards-shocked-meme-stunned-ppx67atmbaci0y3f.gif.e8e8adb26619dd9dce132ee5465ad8d6.gif

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

Meaning we could keep the team together for one more year.

If it is 150M, keep him. Surely type of player that Pool needs but too much at this stage.

9 hours ago, Livertool said:

If it is 150M, keep him. Surely type of player that Pool needs but too much at this stage.

150 M + boni

Listen Episode 11 GIF by The Bachelor

Hummels and Reus have their contracts run out this summer, meaning they'll free up some budget we can give to Bellingham and make him the highest paid player.

Bayern's starting lineup for today:

image.png.3edc895f3fb4aa7a6d69ecd64530f382.png

We need the Super League, they said.

Star teams playing each other every week is the way to go, they said.

Well, well, well...

I'll never understand the appeal of PSG. Shitty stadium, shitty fans, shitty owners, unlikeable players. The game today was totally boring for the first 70 minutes.

Tired Season 1 GIF by BET Plus

It got better when Donatello came on and had some great moments in the last 20 minutes.

ninja turtles tech GIF by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The BVB playing tomorrow with 80.000 supporters behind them will be a much better atmosphere.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 12:50 AM, WuDu said:

I'm expecting the following lineup vs Chelsea:

Kobel

Guerreiro - Süle - Schlotti/Hummels - Ryerson

Can

Adeyemi - Reus/Özcan - Jude - Brandt

Haller

Wolf is banged up, so Guerreiro and Ryerson are locked in. Does Chelsea have any speedsters? If not, I'd rather play Hummels here. 

Adeyemi is coming back. Brandt has been one of our best guys this year, Bellingham is in incredible form and Can played himself into the team again. That leaves either Reus or Özcan, depending on whether Edin wants to attack more or play it safe. Haller is the clear #1.

Off the bench we'll definitely see JBG, as I believe that this role suits him well. Reyna as well if we need creative input. 

I think we can all look forward to a great UCL round over the next two weeks. Bayern-PSG on Tuesday and BVB on Wednesday!

image.png.bab3a5c7ccdd0e294248335ecce8ff4c.png

Wolf instead of Ryerson, otherwise it's my projected lineup. Edin is putting Reus on the bench and starting Özcan instead.

Thumbsup GIF by Borussia Dortmund

Finally a coach that doesn't care about names or past achievements. Hummels is also riding the bench, meaning that Bellingham will be the captain today! If we need firepower later, we can still sub in Reus, JBG and Reyna. Also interesting to see will be who's going to replace Haller after 60 minutes. Maybe Donny Malen gets another chance in a slightly different role.

borussia dortmund football GIF by Bundesliga

• Like 1

Interesting match so far, I think we can go for a little bit more offense, though. Brandt and Bellingham are really incredible. Schlotti also with a very good game. Wolf also had his moments.

Joao Felix probably the best man on the pitch and he isn't even Chelsea's player. Instead they spent 600 M Euro and don't have a #9.

facepalm GIF

Oh well, they have one, but he's playing in Milan right now, dominating Serie A with 1 goal in 10 matches.

Mudryk with some moments as well. If he were playing for Leverkusen and they picked him up for 15 M or so, I would say, that this is an interesting player...

amused jaw drop GIF

I'm expecting JBG and Reus to come on after 15 minutes or so. I wouldn't bring on Modeste here after 60 minutes.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:47 PM, jerry said:

I will insist Adeyemi is terrible and old man maybe one bar better, thats it! Having one assist full season in so much offensive team like BVB is shamefull.

@jerry, I'm demanding answers!

Red Bull Fun GIF by FC Red Bull Salzburg

What a defensive battle in the second half!

I told you guys a few weeks ago, odds of 2,65 were value. They even dropped down to 2,35 before the match.

Just now, Purps said:

I wasn't able to watch the match but the stats suggest you were very lucky to end up with a win tonight. 

But the score is all that matters eventually so, grats 🙂👍

Kobel and Can simply incredible in the second half as Chelsea was really putting on pressure. @Purps, watch the highlights and wait for the Koulibaly shot that Can scratched off the line!

Looking Go Away GIF by Bundesliga

Ziyech with a great game in the 2nd half as well. But what Kobel is doing this season is incredible. The #1 rated goalie in the Buli by kicker and receiving the same grades as Kolo Muani. Also funny to see Enzo playing "defense". In the first half, he was running behind Brandt 2 times, in the second half Adeyemi totally burned him when he scored.

Reus and Hummels did not come off the bench. Same for Reyna, Malen and Dahoud. #InEdinWeTrust

Celebration Yes GIF by Borussia Dortmund

This will be a tough match in London in a few weeks, but the way the team is playing right now, nothing is impossible.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Purps said:

Nice that FlashScore has added the xGoal numbers btw 👍

Nice addition. Available even for Championship matches 🙂 Only goal kicks stats missing. 

Dortmund was ok, Emre Can and Kobel were crazy good! Heroic performance really, atmosphere was great too. Thats why we love CL! Chelsea is not bad at all, too bad there is no real world class striker. Betting on shots market was like gold mining. 

• Like 1

Can't win if you employ a Finn!

Greatest hits:

Tomislav Piplica would be proud.

Edited by WuDu
  • Confused 1

On 2/15/2023 at 11:13 PM, WuDu said:

@jerry, I'm demanding answers!

Red Bull Fun GIF by FC Red Bull Salzburg

Well, i can argue that up until goal he had pretty average if not bad game. I said it more than once pace is all you need in todays football. Granted control in that goal was great as well stamina on that run. It will be his career highlight but if Dortmund get eliminated and Adeyemi play silent game at Stamford people will not remember it for long. If he will be able to repeat similar thing on consistent matter he will be a star but i just dont see it. How can you leave at the corner someone so slow as Enzo? I mean its was WTF moment from Chelsea. There should be there either James, Chilwell or Mudryk [who btw was just jogging when Adeyemi started his run, if there was one person on the pitch who could catch up it was Mudryk but he wasnt even interested]. BTW how overpriced was this guy? What he is showing right know its like 20mlne prospect at best.

Ziyech i thought was terrible, so many losses or easy crosses for Kobel. He just dont fit into that side period. Can was so close to lose you that game, that stupid faul at James but Kobel save him there. Other that that he was quite solid but with him there is always that feel he can lose you game at any point and probably will in return game.  Big lol at Loftus-Cheek [not for the name but for how he played], Bellingham was average, Brandt had moments but with him there is feel like he still dont feel like its his team and he dont really care about the result. Too many times he pass the ball and became immediately disinterested what is going on. Felix again showing what overpriced chump he is. Without real work he will be like that for all his career. Some great moves but s h i t finishing. He also disappears too much throughout the game and losses posession too easy. Havertz what can i say he need to comeback to Germany asap he was almost world class cam and now is s h i t striker. James is pure class but Wolf had almost better game but he just losses his head in final moments. Guerreiro was silent but it was he who pass to Adeyemi for the goal. Kudos to Napoli for selling Koulibaly in the perfect moment cause he is clearly past it. In return leg Dortmund should target him cause Silva is rock solid.

Anyway good game, another should be as well. I would normally say Chelsea is fav but Potter is really clueless for a moment so its 50/50.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Well, i can argue that up until goal he had pretty average if not bad game. I said it more than once pace is all you need in todays football. Granted control in that goal was great as well stamina on that run. It will be his career highlight but if Dortmund get eliminated and Adeyemi play silent game at Stamford people will not remember it for long. If he will be able to repeat similar thing on consistent matter he will be a star but i just dont see it. How can you leave at the corner someone so slow as Enzo? I mean its was WTF moment from Chelsea. There should be there either James, Chilwell or Mudryk [who btw was just jogging when Adeyemi started his run, if there was one person on the pitch who could catch up it was Mudryk but he wasnt even interested].

Adeyemi also had the assist to Brandt's shot on goal a few minutes before the goal, where he got through on the left side. Anyway, Adeyemi always works back on defense as well (5 yellows already in the Buli), so it's not like he's acting like Terodde or so.

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Ziyech i thought was terrible, so many losses or easy crosses for Kobel. He just dont fit into that side period. Can was so close to lose you that game, that stupid faul at James but Kobel save him there. Other that that he was quite solid but with him there is always that feel he can lose you game at any point and probably will in return game.  

I have to disagree here! Ziyech also had the assist on that Felix shot on goal a few minutes before he hit the cross-bar. In the 2nd half when Chelsea turned it up, most of the action came through Ziyech's side. Mudryk was almost invisible on the left and was subbed out. 

When Can had his yellow that led to the free kick, I was getting PTSD almost immediately and was screaming for Terzic to take him out and bring on Dahoud. In FM 2002, I would have done so. #InEdinWeTrust

Important game on Sunday coming up now versus Hertha. If the BVB can keep the momentum going, we have a real shot this season. A lot of players are in top-class form right now, we have just a few injuries and Edin seems to have found a working system.

Brandt, Bellingham, Can, Adeyemi, Kobel are outstanding right now. Schlotterbeck did have some issues, but over the past few games he's really strong. Typical Guerreiro playing well when the team is clicking, or maybe he realized that he's in a contract year and has to show something. Wolf also coming back from the dead and playing well. Süle, Özcan, Ryerson and Haller with good performances or at least not falling off dramatically.

Bynoe-Gittens and Reyna providing a spark off the bench if needed. 

Tough to lose games when everything comes together. For the game against Hertha, I'm expecting Reus  to come in again. Hummels should as well, however with speedster Lukebakio playing for Hertha...

Weighing Options GIF

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 9:08 AM, WuDu said:

Greatest hits:

Tomislav Piplica would be proud.

Youtube filters german fakevideos so i only see middle one. What can i say, sometimes he plays like a donk but overall ev is still positive with big margin 😎

Saturday buli quiz:

Which nationality has scored 100% of 21st round goals so far?

A. Finnish

B. Germans

C. Danes

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Which nationality has scored 100% of 21st round goals so far?

A. Finnish

B. Germans

C. Danes

Finland-Swedes coming to your rescue once again...:classic_biggrin: Tack sa mycket, Swedish overlords!

sweden carl GIF

The BVB is selling a special edition jersey now, themed coal and steel:

Bellingham seems to like it. #NoChanceToJoinPoolIn2023

Not a red not even a foul but the league will be more interesting. I think everyone is playing including referees for Bayern to lose the title. Union Berlin for a win with that 500odd?

2years ago even with that red Bayern would win more or less comfortably. Julien masterclass i guess. Julien putting Cancelo over Muller after red could lead to some hmm mutiny of some sorts, dont think Thomas was happy about it. Well, i would take out Blind in first place cause with 10 guys you need running horses and yet Hollandische speedster played full match :classic_rolleyes:...

Edited by jerry
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1