Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

45 minutes ago, WuDu said:

I'm repeating myself over and over again, however the problems for the BVB are not caused by its young players:

Im just saying young players have always up and downs in form no matter talent they posses. Ajax story was once in the lifetime in the era when clubs didnt do collections of best players in the world [and calendar wasnt as congested as now]. There is probably chance that you will buy 3/4 Haalands in one window and win something. In reality its highly unlikely. Money wise its perfect model but to be honest if i was Dortmund supporter i would really ask where is that money? 200-300 in sales and who is beneficiary? Is that money invested in crypto or something?:classic_biggrin: Maybe polish special, Watzke and friends? By all means you should be closing the gap on Bayern. Bayer will sale in near future guys for 200-300 mln, and they will invest at the most 50mln. This is the problem. You shuffling bigger money than Ekstraklasa but operate just like us :classic_laugh: Legia hit gold with Champions League and next season they didnt even spend 2mln...

Didn't China have one of the taller basketball national teams a while back when they were hosting the Olympics? In basketball, height is even more important than in football. Again, it's not just genetics, otherwise China would be pretty good at basketball since they scout children at a young age and force them into basketball if they have a positive height outlook.

There are stories that these guys were doped out of theirs mind [hormones whatever]. That NBA freak whatever his name is has many health problems now. Think NRD and soviets at Olympics, same mentality in China.

For instance look at Yusuf Demir:

Classic case of too fast too soon. Being wunderkind is fine but you need to make steps in your career not jump into the ocean. Also you need to make right choices, style of the team, league etc. How Haaland career would look if he choose Napoli instead of Dortmund? For one i think he would have even more injuries with how Italians are playing...

This is not Football Manager 2002 where you can pick up guys from obscure leagues and immediately see that they have 4/5 or 5/5 talent. 

Scouting todays is FM, transfermarkt plus watching TV. If you have rich scouting department then next step is you send guys to watch player in the stadium, talk to friends,family, supporters. All guys Dortmund is buying are wunderkinds in FM. Not saying they find them in the game but sure looks like it :classic_tongue:

Isco took a page out of the old Donald Trump playbook and wanted to renegotiate at the last second and Union said "No".

All internet said done deal :classic_ninja:. Maybe he thought money was after tax or something. I think they dodged a bullet.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Im just saying young players have always up and downs in form no matter talent they posses. Ajax story was once in the lifetime in the era when clubs didnt do collections of best players in the world [and calendar wasnt as congested as now]. There is probably chance that you will buy 3/4 Haalands in one window and win something. In reality its highly unlikely. Money wise its perfect model but to be honest if i was Dortmund supporter i would really ask where is that money? 200-300 in sales and who is beneficiary? Is that money invested in crypto or something?:classic_biggrin: Maybe polish special, Watzke and friends? By all means you should be closing the gap on Bayern. Bayer will sale in near future guys for 200-300 mln, and they will invest at the most 50mln. This is the problem. You shuffling bigger money than Ekstraklasa but operate just like us :classic_laugh: Legia hit gold with Champions League and next season they didnt even spend 2mln...

Dembele was world-class, Haaland was world-class, Sancho was world-class (on and off) from his 2nd season, Bellingham is world-class right now. The BVB would not be able to get these type of players if we were only looking to buy "finished products". When we bought these finished products that were supposed to help immediately, we got Schürrle or Götze or Hazard or Schulz or Can or Yarmolenko...

So it's not just a money decision if you manage to develop players in such a way that you can get a few seasons of elite performance out of them.

So where's the money? High salaries, agent fees and transfer fees for mediocre players. Schulz cost 25 M in transfer fees and takes home 5-6 M per year. That's 50 M+ for a player that was supposed to be a starter and was benched ahead of his 3rd Buli game for us. If you have a few of these blunders, and we had a few, it's easy to see why 85 M for Sancho or 60 M for Haaland don't get you that far.

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

21 hours ago, jerry said:

He would be bad at defending if he tried to defend. Most of times he doesnt even track back. People make world of excuses for him, but to me case is clear. He is just lazy and cant focus to save his life. All hes got is pace!![thats all you need to be right or left back these days] and some periods when he have luck with crosses. At football he is atrocious for the level he plays at. Who knows if the answer to crisis is not dropping him for pure defender. It really feels like Liverpool is playing with 10men or sometimes with 9,5 if Hendo/Ox is also on the pitch.

I agree with you.. with 5 % what you said 😄

To be fair their play is totally off and thou i said that TAA is bad with defending, and he is (hence 5%) just that video shows more with Mitoma going through 2-3 players with multiple situations. Something that would never happen with team that got their mojo on.

Have you checked his pass stats? It is way more than "luck with crosses" That is something you could use for Hendo but TAA's crosses are top of class. Well not this season when he has to stay at bottom cause they can't get past half field. What i am more concerned than TAA is Robertson, he is totally invisible this season. Both down and upstairs.

But in the end football is team play, bad players looks good if team plays good and if they play shit everyone looks like pile of turd.

What i am more concerned than individual players is that they have  proved they can play at top level but comments like these from Klopp after FA-cup loss : "I didn’t become a bad manager overnight; I was never as good as people probably said and not as bad as some people might think."

Thou he is known for weird comments for blaming losses on bad weather and what not, this is very bad sign when he is saying things like that, taking it too personal imo. I had great trust for him to turn things around but not so sure anymore for lack of realizing that problems are in the midfield and making comments like that.

• Like 1

Manuel "The Whiner" Neuer gave an interview today for leftist Süddeutsche Zeitung which is published in (probably leftist) The Athletic as well:

https://archive.ph/bFMd7

Oh boy! Neuer talking about the WC:

image.thumb.png.0a88841f9cb3e5ec6b077dd31404613a.png

image.thumb.png.ac562b98b24b2c3d55c434c011fb66a2.png

So Neuer complains about not enough support during the WC, that the team couldn't focus on the games, yet they care more about his beloved armband?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Neuer talking about his ski trip which ended up with a broken leg:

image.thumb.png.d33feaa92295cd896fd4db60ebe63eb0.png

Bayern then fired their goalkeepers' coach who happens to be Neuer's best friend:

image.thumb.png.0bb238a7f206fcda5c9ea101a4e6accf.png

image.thumb.png.b8bd4568d12a4f0bdf7990741a0b55f8.png

An absolute whiner, but this could also be a chance for the rest of the Bundesliga now! Bayern always had that strong core of Neuer-Boateng-Müller-Lewa since 2014. Boateng and Lewa are gone, Neuer isn't there right now and maybe doesn't come back in pre-injury form. Müller is getting older... 

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

High wage, media attention and power has reversed their flow of piss and instead of releasing it natural way it goes straight to their head. 

We can appreciate if someone is good what they do but that don't mean we must take their train of thought as guideline of how world rolls. No matter if it is Neuer with arm band, Maradona with coke, Stubbe with vaccinations or Zelenskyi with what rest of world should do.

Sure they all have sheeps that repeat their idols mantra without giving any thought of their own and it only boosts their godliness but that is the point when they should stop and think that there is "small" chance that they are not right and take responsibility of it. Easy to moralpose, virtualsign but taking responsibilty way harder and often not asked. 

With Neuer messing kids heads with unnatural behaviour, with Diego supporting grug usage, Stubbe suggesting vaccines are the answer or Zelenskyi urging for ww3  cause "Ukraine must win" no matter what, just few examples.

Edited by Livertool
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, psrquack said:

"No one was pushed, no one was forced."  You have missed this part to highlight Mr. Presdent.

German history lesson: "No one is planning to erect a wall..." :classic_biggrin:

I mean, it's obvious that this whole rainbow armband issue was pushed by Neuer and Roidretzka and manager Bierhoff let them do so. I just find it funny how Neuer always tries to shift the blame a little. Similar to when he raises his "Reklamierarm" after every freaking goal against him! 

Angry Wrestling GIF

What I find really fishy is how he's selling his skiing accident. I was just doing 10 km/h and there was something below the snow. 

Emotion Reaction GIF

https://www-tz-de.translate.goog/sport/fc-bayern/manuel-neuer-schlimme-details-unfall-skischuh-wunde-fc-bayern-muenchen-news-verletzung-comeback-92047728.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

image.png.7639bc21a2f3f2e792d1bd0bf28d70b2.png

image.png.18d0c80cfc2a36dbf675eceb6e59167c.png

Snow-poor, icy and bumpy! Sounds more like mogul skiing to me. :classic_biggrin:

Anyway this reminds me about a story while I was in 7th grade or so. One of my school buddies was living on a farm a little outside and one time he had to stay in hospital because he hurt his back. The story that was being told to us, the teachers and the other parents was that he hurt himself playing football in the driveway. They were using their open garage as the goal and while kicking the ball he missed it, his leg went up and he fell on his back and broke something or so.

Vine Ok GIF

Later on some other buddy who was there at the time told me, that they weren't playing football in the driveway, instead the farm received some bales of glass wool /glass padding or so on that day and they decided to jump off the garage ass first onto the padding. My buddy either missed or went through it.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

:classic_biggrin: I get the same vibe from Neuer's story.

53 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Augsburg played today very well.

Well, well, well....

@jerry I'm demanding answers! I told you Leverkusen is too far out to reach the UCL and maybe even Europe this season. Two losses in a row now. 

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Everyone and their grandma knows Bayern is showing Neuer the door. With Tapalovic dismissal is clear Bayern plan to live without Neuer. If with this he didnt get the memo, he will when he will lose place to Sommer in the summer [see what i did here?] :classic_biggrin:. It will be hard with his salary but some team in PL probably will be keen.

Yeah Leverkusen in meltdown mode. What a weird weird team. Their bottling fails in comparison to Dortmund's....No CL probably not a problem cause they have 250mln to sell this summer. Conspiracy alert, with no CL it will be easier for Wirtz,Diaby,Tapsoba to be sold, so :classic_ninja: 

Edited by jerry
  • Haha 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

5 minutes ago, WuDu said:

it's obvious that this whole rainbow armband issue was pushed by Neuer and Roidretzka and manager Bierhoff let them do so

Ain't going to arque about this cause you might have more in depth knowledge but to me it has just guilt of history written all over of it. "We have done wrong in the past so we must overcompensate" is the feeling i get from "consensus" and politics of Germans today. Which is not only fked up for majority not living those days but also two wrongs don't make things right🤫

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jerry said:

Yeah Leverkusen in meltdown mode. What a weird weird team. Their bottling fails in comparison to Dortmund's....No CL probably not a problem cause they have 250mln to sell this summer. Conspiracy alert, with no CL it will be easier for Wirtz,Diaby,Tapsoba to be sold, so :classic_ninja: 

Bottling is ingrained in Leverkusen's DNA like drinking is in Finland's. Cannot be separated anymore. But nobody here wants to believe me. Daddy Wirtz already mentioned that his son is staying until 2024. Makes sense to me, because he's coming off an ACL and I'm sure playing the Euro 2024 in Germany is important to him. Get back to playing, have a full summer preparation, then starting for Leverkusen in 2023/24, playing the Euro and then using this momentum to join a new club as a 21 year old sounds like a solid plan.

Diaby is likely gone, especially since Leverkusen kept their team together this season.

Shocked Oh Boy GIF by Election 2016

They must sell sooner or later. Mudryk went for 100 M so this should be the benchmark for Diaby as well. #NoRefunds

49 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Ain't going to arque about this cause you might have more in depth knowledge but to me it has just guilt of history written all over of it. "We have done wrong in the past so we must overcompensate" is the feeling i get from "consensus" and politics of Germans today. Which is not only fked up for majority not living those days but also two wrongs don't make things right🤫

For some people on an individual level? Sure. Wouldn't surprise me if Roidretzka wakes up at night thinking: "My great-grandfather voted NSDAP, I have to do better!" However what we're seeing now is "woke capitalism", with companies catering to these ideas in order to appease the lunatics on twitter. 

c2ctaW1nLmpwZw

Funny, how you hardly hear about Asian sweatshops anymore or living conditions in Bangladesh. Well, well, well...

As an extension of that, my suspicion is that GM Bierhoff tried this very thing with the National Team as well and as you can see based on the different reports and interviews, this horribly backfired. Similar to 2018 when Özil and Gündogan were participating in a photo op with Turkish president Erdogan and handed him signed jerseys dedicated to "my president". 

Özil and Gündogan should have been kicked out of the team on the spot for that. Similar situation now, with Neuer and Roidretzka. One of the first statements new GM Rudi Völler did was criticizing the interior minister for showing up in Qatar with that stupid one love armband. Of course, he does so to lay blame on her and not on coach Flick or Neuer, but they also know that they lost a huge part of the fanbase. 

In 2022, the most watched football broadcast on TV in Germany was Germany-England, women's Euro final.

Surprised No Way GIF by Laff 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

For some people on an individual level? Sure

To me it goes deeper than just individual level but then again, i only know what media tells me so i hope i am fooled with fakenews.

Having said that, seeing things like this don't help. Disgusting 🤮 

https://youtu.be/W4ALPMdjuF4

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

drinking is in Finland's.

How big of an issue do you think drinking is now 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

To me it goes deeper than just individual level but then again, i only know what media tells me so i hope i am fooled with fakenews.

Having said that, seeing things like this don't help. Disgusting 🤮 

https://youtu.be/W4ALPMdjuF4

Scholz is from the SPD, those people are pro-Russia by default. :classic_biggrin: What I found much worse was Ms Merkel celebrating D-Day in France when they had the 70th or 75th anniversary. I mean, come on, that's like the BVB losing the Cup Final to Bayern and all of a sudden the BVB GM joins the Bayern players dishing out beer showers and running victory laps. That's just wrong!

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

How big of an issue do you think drinking is now 😁

Finland and drinking go hand in hand. If Sanna tomorrow would decree that only healthy Finns are allowed to drink alcohol, with health being determined via a 3 finger prostate examination, I'm sure you guys would go along with it. :classic_biggrin:

Travis Barker Rock GIF

Back to the Buli, Isco is now in talks with Konyaspor. I think @jerry is right and Union dodged a bullet here. The BVB plays against Freiburg which will be a tough game. RB is in Köln and Frankfurt has Hertha at home. Bayern will play tomorrow against Wolfsburg. During the week, Nagelsmann benched Davies and played with 3 defenders and Coman/Cancelo on the wings. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

prostate examination, I'm sure you guys would go along with it. :classic_biggrin:

I check mine by myself daily so what is wrong with that? Who are you to judge? #freedomtobewhatiwantwhetheritisdoctornursemanwomanordeer

But yeah back to buli, i heard from good source that Schalke is nuts today. What i forgot to ask is it good nuts or just nuts. In 9 hours we will be wiser ..

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

Big chance for Dortmund thanks to silly Sildillia. Good game so far!

No love for Adeyemi?

Wolf, Brandt, Bellingham, Adeyemi and Haller with good games. However what Süle and Schlotterbeck were doing before the 1-1 was just insane!

disappointed the wire GIF

Tsg Denmark Hoffenheim 3-0 behind against Bochum. I see a coach sacking coming. Kolo Muani now with 9 goals and 12 assists in 18 matches.

On 2/1/2023 at 2:38 PM, Livertool said:

"I didn’t become a bad manager overnight; I was never as good as people probably said and not as bad as some people might think."

Thou he is known for weird comments for blaming losses on bad weather and what not, this is very bad sign when he is saying things like that, taking it too personal imo. I had great trust for him to turn things around but not so sure anymore

Bit off topic when it comes to buli but imagine someone who put 10€ for every prediction that yours truly and @WuDu has made. Must be millionaire by now. Oh well, congrats.

Screenshot_2023-02-04-17-34-27-818_eu.livesport.FlashScore_com.thumb.jpg.1dffaf16b52a142d965d0b603f40daa3.jpg

46 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Bit off topic when it comes to buli but imagine someone who put 10€ for every prediction that yours truly and @WuDu has made. Must be millionaire by now. Oh well, congrats.

Pep Kloppo just needs more help!

5-1 for the BVB, the BVB is back again!

Adeyemi, Can, Brandt, Bellingham, Haller, Wolf with a great game. Bynoe-Gittens great off the bench, Reyna with his 3rd goal as a sub in 2023.

Malen and Moukoko nowhere to be seen. Guerreiro playing OK when the team is on fire, as usual.

All in all, the BVB is getting healthy AND a lot of players are in excellent form. In addition to that, it's easy to see how important Haller is for the structure of the game. Terzic also doing a great job lately. The BVB is playing Chelsea in 10 days, so you might want to take the 2,65 Unibet is offering right now...

• Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet has to be brave now, both of his favourite Bundesliga teams are marching towards relegation: The Smurfs as well as Hoffenheim look like hopeless cases. And on top of that, the BVB is as strong as we haven't been in 4 years!

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Sad The Beautiful Game GIF by World Cup

image.thumb.png.a443a21a32114303182a2bf31cbdf5ac.png

Union leading the league right now, depending on what Bayern is doing tomorow. Hopefully Neuer brings them down with his antics like he brought down the national team with his beloved armband.

@jerry, what happened with Juranovic? The future balloon door winner didn't come off the bench for the second Buli game in a row! I'm demanding answers! I almost picked him up in Bundesliga fantasy, but then came to my senses and signed Joao Cancelo.

The BVB with 4 wins out of their first 4 Bundesliga games in 2023. Like I mentioned today, Haller makes such a difference, it's incredible. For the first 2 games, Haller came on in the 60th minute, for the last two games, he was subbed out at the 60th minute. With him on the pitch in 180 minutes total:

2-1 vs Augsburg, 1-0 vs Mainz, 2-0 vs Leverkusen and 3-1 vs Freiburg. Roughly 4 goals per 90 minutes.

Without him on the pitch:

2-2 vs Augsburg, 1-1 vs Mainz, 0-0 vs Leverkusen and 2-0 vs Freiburg. Roughly 2,5 goals per 90 minutes.

Another funny stat from the bottom of the table. Schalke's coach Reis was in charge of Bochum earlier this season. He was fired after 6 losses in a row. In 14 Bundesliga matches with Bochum and Schalke this season, Reis generated 1 win, 2 draws and 11 defeats. 5 points with 7-33 goals.

Drink Pour One Out GIF by Nas

30 minutes ago, WuDu said:

@jerry, what happened with Juranovic? The future balloon door winner didn't come off the bench for the second Buli game in a row! I'm demanding answers! I almost picked him up in Bundesliga fantasy, but then came to my senses and signed Joao Cancelo.

Yeah, first game in Buli with winning assist and then twice on the bench in the league. Played with Wolfsburg in DfB Cup on dienstag though with another assist. It seem like he is rotating with Trimmel [isnt he like one of lieblings of Fischer?]. I thought that 8,5mln for Union is like 50mln for Bayern and he must play. I guess they are rich and can afford keeping him on the bench! :classic_ninja:

Union with sneaky win today and they are on top! If they could pull meisterchaft this would be like Leicester fairytale with similar odds pre season i think. 

Thought BMG is a lock against Schalke but sometimes i notice that bookies know more! Pre it was 1,60 for BMG win and if you ask me it was too high. From the form of both teams is should be at 1,35. So they leading players with attractive odd and voila its a draw. Also a sign was that live only after 20mins it was 1,80. Were talking about team that is pushing for CL, El that was on form and playing at home against the worse team in the league. Dont buy those odds :classic_biggrin: That draw probably mean that BMG will not be CL contender. Say what you want about Reis, Schalke might be not creating anything but at least they defending now.

Dortmund on fire and winning another 6point game against 10men Freiburg. Another CL candidate that Dortmund is leaving behind. This mean that CL place is 95% sure i think. Title also pretty close. If only Bayern would be kind enough to lose tomorrow against Wolfsburg! Julien do what you do best! Maybe Kaminski finally show something worthwile for that 11,5 pricetag.

59 minutes ago, jerry said:

Thought BMG is a lock against Schalke but sometimes i notice that bookies know more! Pre it was 1,60 for BMG win and if you ask me it was too high. From the form of both teams is should be at 1,35. So they leading players with attractive odd and voila its a draw. Also a sign was that live only after 20mins it was 1,80. Were talking about team that is pushing for CL, El that was on form and playing at home against the worse team in the league. Dont buy those odds :classic_biggrin: 

Loss to Leverkusen, loss to Augsburg, a win against Hoffenheim, who at the time of their match hadn't won in 7 Bundesliga games...

Adeyemi now suspended twice in a row. Red card in the cup and 5th yellow in the Bundesliga! Celebrate Red Bull GIF by FC Red Bull Salzburg

Seems like a likeable knucklehead to me! He really stepped up though and is also working back on defense (thus the 5 yellows). So hopefully he'll be well rested against Chelsea. Same can be said for Brandt, who's one of our core starters now and ranks #3 in minutes in the Bundesliga, only behind Schlotterbeck and Bellingham.

1 hour ago, jerry said:

If only Bayern would be kind enough to lose tomorrow against Wolfsburg! Julien do what you do best! Maybe Kaminski finally show something worthwile for that 11,5 pricetag.

Usually, these are the games that Bayern wins 6-0 or so, but maybe Kovac has a plan to get some sweet payback. I'm listening to some Bundesliga podcasts on a regular basis and last week in one of them, the hosts made fun of Kaminski and his meager output so far as well. 😂

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

I'm listening to some Bundesliga podcasts on a regular basis and last week in one of them, the hosts made fun of Kaminski and his meager output so far as well. 😂

They made fun of Lewandowski too and look how that end. At least he is playing regularly so Kovac sees something in him. That trust usually pays off if a player is good. The clock is ticking though, one assist in league and one tor in pokal with how much he is playing is horrific.

Kaminski with his first goal today. Hoffenheim is firing coach Breitenreiter, so the Schalke curse stays on. Breitenreiter, Weinzierl, Tedesco, Wagner...

image.png.be51d2441d6c0054f5d85c20defaae22.png

All 5 teams at the top are looking really strong, so maybe we'll see a surprise this season. However next week Bayern hosts Bochum, Union plays Red Bull, the BVB has to travel to Bremen (revenge game) and Frankfurt plays in Köln. Very nice matchday for Bayern it seems.

image.png.e79c7da55f600d0da20a6e33b2768b4e.png

Augsburg performed too well over the past few matchdays and their team is not looking poorly. Hoffenheim shouldn't be there with a roster like that. Bochum accumulated 1,5 PPG in 12 games under their new coach. Their arrow points up, especially at home with 5 wins in 5 matches (even against Frankfurt, Union and Gladbach).

As of now, I think there won't change much anymore in the basement until the end of the season. Smurfs and Hertha going down directly and Stuttgart having to play relegation matches. I even saw that Ralle Fährmann is starting again for Schalke...

Give Up GIF by TLC Europe

• Like 1

Good cup game right now between Bochum and Dortmund! Great atmosphere in Bochum, let's see how long Bochum can keep their pace up.

Best defense in the Bundesliga at the moment? Schalke #fährmann. 0 goals conceded last 3 games. Unfortunately no goals scored either 😅 Should honestly have been a win yesterday, but difficult when consistently being offside.
Next game will be difficult against Union and then there's an extremely important game vs Stuttgart. A win in the latter and it's starting to look quite promising.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions