Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

44 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Someone should tell these boomers that it's not the smartest idea to extend your coaches before a tournament.

I think it was good call. Now that they announced engagement for two more years Nagel is less likely to get any date calls for awhile and all the focus with nt. How bad can they play compared to recent past final tournys and even if play ain't top notch what would be alternative? Kloppo maybe but if he keeps his word he ain't available for at least a year.

Nourinho took a step closer to Bayern??? 🫠

50 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Neverkusen is getting whole new meaning, they just refuse to lose 😯

But in the end the Bundesliga is 4 weeks of summer football anyway. All 5 UCL spots are set in stone. So Stuttgart and Red Bull have nothing to play for anymore. Maybe end the season on a high note...

BVB, Bayern, Leverkusen now focus 100 % on Europe.

Freiburg, Augsburg, Hoffenheim will play Euroleague, Conference League or nothing at all next season. 

Bochum, Mainz, Union are fighting relegation. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

image.png.d998f7877d5fe01e91ee81b28ad519b4.png

2nd Bundesliga is also almost decided. Well, well, well, Düsseldorf making moves...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Lars Ricken (shot the famous goal in the 97 UCL final) is now the boss at the BVB when it comes to sport. That's a surprise, since current GM Kehl wanted that spot.

Mislintat is returning to the club to scout talents and develop the roster. Actually, I like these developments as it means that the club will hopefully focus more on developing players, as Ricken was head of the youth academy at the club and Mislintat has a eye for talent.

Now if we could only get rid of Edin... 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

20 hours ago, Livertool said:

Let's be honest, the media has no clue, they're just trying to generate clicks. If it turns out to be Rangnick, my opinion is the same compared to when he joined ManU: He's not a coach for these clubs near the top.

6 hours ago, WuDu said:

Let's be honest, the media has no clue, they're just trying to generate clicks. If it turns out to be Rangnick, my opinion is the same compared to when he joined ManU: He's not a coach for these clubs near the top.

Very well can be clickbaiting but then again if we look recent times decision making of Bayern it don't sound that strange. 

I would love Bayern to win cl, Tommy out and Ralf in. Improvement how?

In the end Tommy didn"t do exceptionally bad, they are heading for over 70 points, second in league and semis in cl. With similar points they have won titles earlier, those seasons just didn't have competition like this.

To be fair Ralf didn't fail totally either with ManU, other managers have done worse like Ten inch this season and Austria has played very well at least resultwise. But still i am amazed with their train of thought of how to run the club, if everything else than league title leads to manager being sacked (often middle of season) then i can't expect Ralf to last long. If they want long term manager that can develop team in semi peace, don't know if Ralf is right guy for that either.

Anyways, popcorn stuff, the crazier the better 😄

Very Funny Laughing GIF

• Haha 1

Buli-bros, I think I'm going to finish the Buli season a little earlier this year and skip the next 4 BVB Buli games:

Red Bull, Augsburg, Mainz and Darmstadt with nothing left to play for anymore. RB could be fun, but I don't like these 15:30 matches. Mainz is an 18:30 game, but yeah... 💤 I'm not expecting anything worth watching.

The UCL is what counts now:

image.png.cbe0a2975a415704b52de9c137315939.png

paulo sousa bundesliga GIF by Borussia Dortmund

25 °C next week, so this could be an electric atmosphere in Dortmund, especially with our old friend Dembele returning...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 26/04/2024 at 08:16, WuDu said:

Buli-bros, I think I'm going to finish the Buli season a little earlier this year and skip the next 4 BVB Buli games... I'm not expecting anything worth watching.

image.png.abccb5206a888630f138fc3543b3759c.png

Currently thinking about whether it makes sense to watch the highlights...

How Edin still has his job (finishing outside the regular UCL spots) and even gets support here is beyond me.

Leverkusen scoring in 90+6 to keep the unbeaten streak alive. 

Happy Ice Hockey GIF by Florida Panthers

Bayern-Real later today and tomorrow we have BVB-PSG. 

Tomorrow is Labour Day in Germany with 26 ° C in Dortmund, so I'm expecting a great atmosphere:

• Fans had all day to drink
  • Warm weather, more reason to drink
  • Likely with a great choreography
  • Last meaningful home game of the year
  • Dembele coming back

First minutes will be great as long as Edin doesn't fuck it up. Maatsen is questionable, Malen likely out. So I'm expecting this lineup:

Kobel

Süle-Hummels-Schlotti-Ryerson

Can

Sabitzer      Brandt

Sancho                                 Adeyemi

Fülle

There might also be the chance that Adeyemi gets benched and someone like Reus plays.

Bayern is currently being sabotaged from within. This time it's Uli Honess' turn. First he went public stating that Rangnick is their #3 choice because Alonso and Nagelsmann declined. :classic_biggrin: Then he called out our boy Tommy T for not looking after the young players enough, which led to Tommy feeling insulted in post match interviews. Then Uli praised Xabi Alonso as a man of honour for not coming to Bayern and staying at Leverkusen. Rangnick is currently under contract with Austria.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Funny how Bayern adds highly priced defenders every year only to be disappointed. That was pretty rough from Kim today.

What a game! 

Augsburg +1 next Saturday sounds like a good bet now. No way in hell are the BVB players motivated for that game. Also, I'm expecting a lot of rotation.