Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

50 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Some say having a spine and some shooting their own foot. Coincidence that same time as buli and serie a are falling behind on club football, also national teams are failing🤔 Both country has most of their nt players playing in their own leagues and lack of tough matches show in national teams too?

image.thumb.png.353afa9e8d3f7eaaa29b369d5817d851.png

3 German teams in the UCL 1/8-finals, 2 English teams. And Shitty shouldn't even be there anymore...

54 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Yeah, after i realized it wasn't only every other match but practically all matches that stopped at some point i had to google what is going on. I just don't get, to me dfl has solid point that you are failing behind (don't matter if we like it or not that even more world is run by money)

The hedge fund is paying a lump sum immediately, let's say 1 B Euro. In exchange, the HF gets a fraction of the broadcasting revenue, let's say 10 % per year for the next 25 years. I somewhere read that this could turn out to a yearly ROI of 10 % for the HF. However if the Buli increases the broadcasting revenue, the HF earns even more.

Hey, let's play a desert series in Saudi-Arabia. Hey let's play a Tuesday match at noon for the Chinese market. Hey, let's add more teams to the league. Hey, let's stream some games on youtube/twitch/onlyfans. 

B-b-b-b-b-but the EPL earns more money. 1 B /36 teams = 27 M Euro per team as a one time payment. That'll show the Brits! However the DFL wants to put the money into "infrastructure". Maybe they would even replace their Lidl-servers for the fantasy game (doubt it).

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

46 minutes ago, WuDu said:

3 German teams in the UCL 1/8-finals, 2 English teams. And Shitty shouldn't even be there anymore...

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Yeah won't go this again especially when reasoning is Greta level "it is hot day, we are doomed" when you as poker player and sports follower must understand variance and nature of play off sports. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone got one and if 3 German teams still continuing in cl is proof of buli being ahead of pl in your mind then so be it. To me it is even totally irrelevant which league is "best" cause i am supporter of Pool not PL.

What comes to Newcastle and ManU already being out it goes totally inline with their overall performance this season. 

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

The hedge fund is paying a lump sum immediately, let's say 1 B Euro. In exchange, the HF gets a fraction of the broadcasting revenue, let's say 10 % per year for the next 25 years. I somewhere read that this could turn out to a yearly ROI of 10 % for the HF. However if the Buli increases the broadcasting revenue, the HF earns even more.

I don't know enough of this to say what is the point of it and why they are so desperate to get that money if deal is bad but overall investors want profit to their investment and if DFL can't get money other ways then it is just bad management imo.

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Hey, let's play a desert series in Saudi-Arabia. Hey let's play a Tuesday match at noon for the Chinese market. Hey, let's add more teams to the league. Hey, let's stream some games on youtube/twitch/onlyfans. 

This is good point why i think you are exaggerating the meaning of money. I am sure Saudis/Cinese had way bigger expectations of interest to their league when they started to overspend on players. Sports these days is business and what does every business need? Customers. And how do you get customers? By offering them product that they enjoy, can support and use money to. So far there has not been any signs of making that happening, don't remember when was the last time i saw even score from Saudi league and youtube too has stopped to suggest Saudi videos...must not be trending 😄

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

-b-b-b-b-but the EPL earns more money. 1 B /36 teams = 27 M Euro per team as a one time payment. That'll show the Brits! However the DFL wants to put the money into "infrastructure"

Once again don't know enough of their plans and what they mean with infrastucture or how teams could improve it with 27M but maybe for example player development could use some funds? 

Double agent Tuchel doing God's work in Munich! #LetHimCook

But yeah, that was it for him! UpaLOLcano now with back to back games where he went off with a red and caused a penalty! :classic_biggrin: Maybe Red Bull also placed a double agent here...

Don't forget, Bayern fired Nagelsmann with 3,5 years left on his contract for Tuchel. After paying 20-25 M Euros as a transfer fee in 2021.

Leverkusen is now 8 points ahead of Bayern!

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 2/17/2024 at 11:46 PM, jerry said:

Fraud Kovac destroyed him.... Klopp would made a good player of Kaminski. Kovac its just bad luck.

Yet we were wondering last season why Kovac is playing a left winger that doesn't score. 4 goals and 3 assists in over 2.000 minutes last season. Kaminski needed almost 10 hours of Bundesliga action to score one goal.

21 hours ago, Livertool said:

I don't know enough of this to say what is the point of it and why they are so desperate to get that money if deal is bad but overall investors want profit to their investment and if DFL can't get money other ways then it is just bad management imo.

This is not an investment, it's a loan. The hedge fund is providing money up front and getting paid back year by year through a share of the TV money. The deal is totally bad, however for the DFL people in charge right now it would mean 1 B Euros extra to spend.

giphy.gif

Tuchel going the Stubby route in the post game interview, claiming that he was content with his team, due to their xG value.

giphy.gif

Let's see if they fire him, they might as well play out the year and fire him after the season. 

The BVB is playing tomorrow in Eindhoven, I'm getting the feeling we're seeing a Busparker Edin masterclass.

59 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Let's see if they fire him, they might as well play out the year and fire him after the season.

Third of season to go and only 1-0 down in cl with home match still to come shouldn't be the time to throw in the towel imo. Sure buli title is strech but not impossible if Leverkusen starts to fail, with cl play offs anything can happen, they have the squad to play well but obviously not a coach to make it happen. Don't even have to be any mastermind manager to make them improve a lot.

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

Third of season to go and only 1-0 down in cl with home match still to come shouldn't be the time to throw in the towel imo. Sure buli title is strech but not impossible if Leverkusen starts to fail, with cl play offs anything can happen, they have the squad to play well but obviously not a coach to make it happen. Don't even have to be any mastermind manager to make them improve a lot.

Only if you look at the pure results then yes. But the play is atrocious, no Kane/Sane goals and Bayern is out of top4 in Buli and those goals usually are NOT from some elaborate tactics by Tucheliban but mostly out of as ss es of those two. I think Bayern board overslept when to let him go. They didnt pull the trigger only cause of Julien last year, no one want to be next Kahn [whats he doin these days, hot takes in TV or went completely underground?]. Also he 100% lost the dressing room, Kimmich yesterday almost struck the assistant

I like Lazio but they are a bit s h i t this season so i still rate broken Bayern better but Villareal 2y ago wasnt hot either. It could be really disastrous season for Bayern. Lets hope Bayer will not pull last year BVB, like i said before their hardest times will come when EL will be back, how will they cope. Also they still in DFB cup, at some point it WILL be a problem. 

Losing 8points advantage at this point of the season would be BVB-level of bottling but its still very much possible, especially if they let go of Tuchel.

The way everyone jerked him off after he fluked that CL by Guardiola overthinking so much he nearly got a brain aneurysm was ridiculous.

Isnt this right? This plus Kante running out of his mind. That was Tuchel's masterclass. I just dont understand what is going on with Bayern other than players playing against him. I would understand this with Choupo at the front but not with Kane.

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

Yet we were wondering last season why Kovac is playing a left winger that doesn't score. 4 goals and 3 assists in over 2.000 minutes last season. Kaminski needed almost 10 hours of Bundesliga action to score one goal.

Im pretty much surprised Kovac is keeping his job. Last season you saw some progress, some good results, maybe not the play but there was some hope. But in this one Wolfsburg is just s h i t. They lost Van De Ven [how Bayern/BVB slept in him i just cant believe it, he looks generational talent IMO] and Nmecha so thats what is going for Kovac. Kaminski's place went to Majer was was bought for 25mln. He was attracting interests from all top clubs [including Liverpool] but end up in Wolfsburg, its a bit weird innit? Other winger is Dominican/USA Kevin Paredes bought for 6,5mln. Jonas wind is very hot right know and will end up in PL probably so there is not really a place for Kaminski. He is def better than Paredes but Majer pricetag is hard to overcome. Also  Kovac have weird hard on on him for going to national team matches [where he plays mostly s h i t btw, you clearly see he dont make any progress, he was better in Ekstraklasa]. But him not being even on the bench? How he wasnt looking for a new club in January is beyond me. He should fire his manager...

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

The BVB is playing tomorrow in Eindhoven, I'm getting the feeling we're seeing a Busparker Edin masterclass.

Could be tricky game however PSV is not so hot these days and i trust in Terzic. X2 is my bet here. Dont think BVB will lose this one

Oh and now im reading Bayern is reaching out to Zidane :classic_biggrin:

spacer.png

Edited by jerry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

7 hours ago, jerry said:

Only if you look at the pure results then yes. But the play is atrocious, no Kane/Sane goals and Bayern is out of top4 in Buli and those goals usually are NOT from some elaborate tactics by Tucheliban but mostly out of as ss es of those two. I think Bayern board overslept when to let him go. They didnt pull the trigger only cause of Julien last year, no one want to be next Kahn [whats he doin these days, hot takes in TV or went completely underground?]. Also he 100% lost the dressing room, Kimmich yesterday almost struck the assistant

Not a public figure in German football right now. Really funny to see how Kahn was the next big thing as manager/CEO and Nagelsmann was the next big thing as coach and Tuchel was the Über-coach you simply had to get. And now? Kahn totally exposed. Tuchel exposed. Nagelsmann so-so.

7 hours ago, jerry said:

Could be tricky game however PSV is not so hot these days and i trust in Terzic. X2 is my bet here. Dont think BVB will lose this one

BVB +0,5 is at 1,75? 1,73 at Unibet? Pretty high, if you ask me.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 10:13 PM, WuDu said:

BVB +0,5 is at 1,75? 1,73 at Unibet? Pretty high, if you ask me.

BVB - PSVar 1:1

B-b-b-b-b-b-but VAR will make everything better, Stubby said.

There won't be anymore clear mistakes, Stubby said.

All in all, a pretty boring game.

• Sad 1

Tommy T out after the season.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Well, if Red Bull takes care of business, Tuchel might as well leave on Sunday. Great job bei Tuchel infiltrating Bayern and bringing the club down. Sure, another transfer summer with him in charge would have been the cherry on top, but let's not get greedy here! :classic_biggrin:

What a fraud!

So, who's taking over? Herr Flick? Jogi Löw? Xabi Alonso? Nagelsmann again?

• Haha 2

Pretty interesting manager spring/summer ahead with Pool, Barca, BM and most likely England and Germany looking for managers. Only few potential candidates available so there are bound to be some surprises...

One them could be that Klopp takes over Germany if/when Nagel don't continue. Ok, wouldn't be huge "surprise" per se but it would go against Klopp's statement of taking time off. Maybe he can be persuaded as it is more laid back and less intense job timewise.

Read somewhere ( probly just bs rumour) that Barca would like to get DZ but ain't willing to pay his release clause of 10M to Brighton and trying to negotiate it down. Seriously, how broke are they if 10M is obstacle for most important job of club and sellers market as it is ain't going to happen 😄

Oh yeah, forgot about this related to subject. Thou ain't fan of sugar daddy business when it comes spending more money than rules allow with fishy arrangements like City, Real etc do but Chelsea taking it to new level. Might be allowed by rules but no ethics at all.

This is now second player recruiter they steal from Brighton within two years plus one manager plus Caicedo & Sanchez. Can't Chelsea fucking do anything they own except signing checks? It is one thing if club spends lot of money to buy players that they need but this hoarding is sick. I feel for Brighton fans with club being ripped apart in all sectors especially when it is mainly done by one rival

On 2/19/2024 at 9:53 AM, WuDu said:

This is not an investment, it's a loan. The hedge fund is providing money up front and getting paid back year by year through a share of the TV money. The deal is totally bad, however for the DFL people in charge right now it would mean 1 B Euros extra to spend.

The DFL bent the knee and cancelled their search for a hedge fund. The supporters won!

1 Fc Cologne Football GIF by 1. FC Köln

B-b-b-b-b-but you would be taking the money as well, they said. No we wouldn't, we're not pathetic cucks like the Brits! 

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

Pretty interesting manager spring/summer ahead with Pool, Barca, BM and most likely England and Germany looking for managers. Only few potential candidates available so there are bound to be some surprises...

One them could be that Klopp takes over Germany if/when Nagel don't continue. Ok, wouldn't be huge "surprise" per se but it would go against Klopp's statement of taking time off. Maybe he can be persuaded as it is more laid back and less intense job timewise.

You forgot the BVB, hopefully. Kloppo is taking the year off, at least that's what he promised his wife. I also don't think he'll be joining Bayern. Why would he? What can he win at Bayern that he hasn't won already? German national coach some time in the future should be it.

Bayern kicking out Tuchel now means that they're already scouting new coaches. So Lidlpool better pay up this time if they want to have a shot at Xabi Alonso. Personally, I'm still hoping for Nagelsmann to join the BVB. Offensively, I haven't seen anything yet to say that Nuri would be the answer here and another lost season under Terror-Edin is out of the question.

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

You forgot the BVB, hopefully

I was under impression that Nuri takes over for sure in summer? Edin heats up boring pea soup which should keep you alive till end of season while Nuri is preparing indigrients for delicious and spicy kebabs served next season 😁 

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

German national coach some time in the future should be it.

Agree

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

What can he win at Bayern that he hasn't won already?

I think same goes for Alonso. If/when he can lead Leverkusen to buli title this season why would he want to join BM in the distorted state as it is atm? He would only get extra pressure of everything else than winning is failure in there so i see it as bad career move.

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

So Lidlpool better pay up this time if they want to have a shot at Xabi Alonso.

What are we, Alan from two and half man?

ass-cant-cash-mouth-write-cheques.gif.14a4865b34014e343d99b746fdfa173f.gif

Pool always pay their bills plus healthy tip 😉

image.png.fdd09b10c7412d48de740ed7aa46c409.png

😢

Pretty solid Buli matchday this time around:

• Leverkusen gets the Friday night game
  • Bayern-Red Bull is the Topspiel tomorrow
  • The BVB plays late on Sunday

Funny thing is that Red Bull needs points to put pressure on Dortmund, that could be it for Tommy T. Hoffenheim at home is the last easy opponent, after that the BVB travels to Union, to Bremen and plays Frankfurt at home. After the National Team break, we'll see Bayern-BVB in the Topspiel.

10 hours ago, Livertool said:

I want all sorts of things too 

😄

But yeah, most likely some team will get him so they can sack him in 6 months.

Welcome to Liverpool, Tommy!

giphy.gif

Or you'll get Flick!

Leverkusen already leading 1:0.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

Or you'll get Flick!

Alonso or DZ, i prefer latter.

Alonso very well could be next Klopp/Pep who gets things rolling the right way club after club but too soon to say for lack of experience. Reminds me the fuzz around Potter at Brighton, jumped to larger boots of Chelsea, failed and out of job since then.

If we look at things impartially and outside mass hysteria around him, sure this season has been great and they are sailing to title with huge margin, maybe even without single loss, but some part of it is other clubs failing, lot of losses for some and BVB too many draws. Last season of Leverkusen wasn't that great, infact quite poor compared to earlier seasons so they have done good job as club way before Alonso took over. 

20 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Alonso or DZ, i prefer latter.

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Alonso very well could be next Klopp/Pep who gets things rolling the right way club after club but too soon to say for lack of experience. Reminds me the fuzz around Potter at Brighton, jumped to larger boots of Chelsea, failed and out of job since then.

Assuming Alonso wins the Buli with freaking Vizekusen Loserkusen Neverkusen Leverkusen, who last won the UEFA Cup in 1988 and a DFB Pokal vs Hertha 2 in 1993 or so, he would be the first coach since Kloppo in 2012 to win the title with a non-Bayern team. The first coach to win the league without Bayern or the BVB since Magath did so 15 years ago. Potter won nothing with Brighton.

27 minutes ago, Livertool said:

If we look at things impartially and outside mass hysteria around him, sure this season has been great and they are sailing to title with huge margin, maybe even without single loss, but some part of it is other clubs failing, lot of losses for some and BVB too many draws. Last season of Leverkusen wasn't that great, infact quite poor compared to earlier seasons so they have done good job as club way before Alonso took over. 

giphy.gif

• Leverkusen is on pace for 90 points. Since 18/19, Bayern won the league with 82, 78, 77 and 71 points last year.
  • Bayern currently is on pace for 78. 7 points more than last season.
  • Alonso took over Leverkusen on MD 9 last season when they were in 17th place and did lead them into the Euroleague

They're playing great football and still have chances in the Euroleague and the DFB Cup. He's the #1 coaching prospect right now, way ahead of de Zebra.

Hopefully he stays with Leverkusen, to play UCL with this team and then move on to Real. Lidlpool is beneath him and a bad choice to follow Kloppo. However a better potential selection than Bayern.

20 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Assuming Alonso wins the Buli with freaking Vizekusen Loserkusen Neverkusen Leverkusen

Hence it is called Lidl league, no need to spend much to get year worth of groceries, just with returning weekends bottles you'll eat a day 😄

22 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Potter won nothing with Brighton.

Starting point and expectations were quite different. And don't say i expected him to be the next best thing but concensus thought so. Same with Alonso based only on one season!!! He might be or not, kind of understand that he is talking point now when many teams need top manager and there are quite slim pickings available but choosing manager should be based on more data than high hopes over one season or fear of missing out if we don't get him first.

32 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Hopefully he stays with Leverkusen, to play UCL with this team

Agree to this far. If he turns out to be bubble then 0fc he can join Real 😄

34 minutes ago, WuDu said:
  • Leverkusen is on pace for 90 points. Since 18/19, Bayern won the league with 82, 78, 77 and 71 points last year.
  • Bayern currently is on pace for 78. 7 points more than last season.

Every team that wins their first match of season is on pace for max points too, lets wait till end of season shall we? Good job for sure no matter what are final points for them but time will tell can he do it again.

37 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Alonso took over Leverkusen on MD 9 last season when they were in 17th place and did lead them into the Euroleague

Not the first or last manager to get team to play as well as they should and failing on another. Once again, too soon to say.

15 hours ago, Livertool said:

Hence it is called Lidl league, no need to spend much to get year worth of groceries, just with returning weekends bottles you'll eat a day 😄

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Same with Alonso based only on one season!!!

So far, Alonso coached 49 Buli matches with a PPG of 2,16. On pace to 73 points per season after taking over a struggling Leverkusen last season. Last season, they also reached the Euroleague semi finals under him. It's not just one season.

Look at the player development under him. Grimaldo, Frimpong, Boniface, Wirtz, Koussunou...

Not the first or last manager to get team to play as well as they should and failing on another. Once again, too soon to say.

Sure, but this can happen to any coach. If it can happen to any coach, then there's no "Alonso-specific" risk being associated with it. Tough to say whether it's what you need for Real, especially when they also add Donatello and Endrick next season, but for Lidlpool, it should be enough. 

The BVB is playing Hoffenheim on Sunday and this game will likely put you to sleep. In no way, shape or form would I consider myself being hyped for this one. Hopefully Terror-Edin is history after this season, especially with Watzke leaving and Leverkusen winning the title.

8 hours ago, WuDu said:

It's not just one season

Ok pardon me, season and half then so far if that makes difference 😄

There was darker period too at the end of last season, was it 7 matches without win. Don't remember this fuss back then and that is my point, people and "consensus" are very eager to jump into all sorts of conclusions based on short period of events. Positive is that Alonso managed to turn that darker period around and now they are flying high and more i see that the more confident i become that he is good. But the thing is that moving to bigger club also brings more expectations and pressure, in worst case 7 matches without win can get you sacked so thou there is no "Alonso-specific" he might be too inexperienced to fill big boots and ain't sure i want Liverpool to be guinea pig of it.

8 hours ago, WuDu said:

Look at the player development under him. Grimaldo, Frimpong, Boniface, Wirtz, Koussunou...

Ok, if it is all because Alonso being there for season and half then good job. I have my doubts.