Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Kaiser Franz dead!

Watzke stepping down in late 2025 from his CEO position!

Sancho and Maatsen still not there!

Rumours about Haller going to Besiktas on loan.

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

Lol at ManU fan wanting more of his salary paid and BVB fan less and buy option. Whole lot of commotion over player whose top form was years ago 

Seems like ManU bosses want to cover their own asses having to explain why they let him go for cheap. :classic_biggrin: But yeah, the deal is looking less and less attractive for the BVB. It's not an immediate position of need, no training camp, just for 6 months with no option and now ManU playing games?

giphy.gif

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

image.thumb.png.2e65c16b921a930dc28908fe5c09176e.png

image.png.0b872ea01048aaf36fca1bbe8800cf2d.png

#2?

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Doing analysis on yesterdays matches and this caught my eye :classic_biggrin:

Przechwytywanieppp.PNG.296c8eddcc1f43165f593bf5238627dd.PNG

Is there buy option on Maatsen cause internet says no? I mean even if this is pure loan this could be still ok deal assuming BVB didnt pay more than 3mln. Bensebaini in Africa so you need the body there however 6mln [Chelsea would not probably go lower than Sancho] for two chaps with no buy option? 

spacer.png

Anyway Maatsen was killing in Championship. I would say he was in top three most important players in Burnley side that steamrolled the league [101pts] , maybe even best player in the league. Him not agreeing for going there permanently is why they struggle so much now. Much better offensively than defensively. Poch doesnt rate him at all cause of defending, but Poch seem like a real fraud nowadays so this doesnt really matter. If used right this is probably very good player. No one likes to defend in Buli anyway...

Edited by jerry
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

5 hours ago, jerry said:

Is there buy option on Maatsen cause internet says no? I mean even if this is pure loan this could be still ok deal assuming BVB didnt pay more than 3mln. Bensebaini in Africa so you need the body there however 6mln [Chelsea would not probably go lower than Sancho] for two chaps with no buy option? 

We'll see, it seems like that Chelsea wants to sell, while the BVB prefers to look and see. Yeah, the LB situation is not looking too bright:

• Bense in Africa
  • Ryerson injured
  • Wolf ill
  • Morey has to stay healthy on the right
  • Bueno (BVB 2) injured vs Alkmaar

Yesterday, Schlotti played 90 mins as LB vs Liege, the game ended 3-3.

giphy.gif

No goal over his side, but Süle on the other side... 🤬

The BVB in training camp has been like gay pr0n. Totally unwatchable! 2-2 vs Alkmaar and 3-3 vs Liege. Honestly, I didn't see any improvement so far. Something like Darmstadt +1 or u3 goals does not look too shabby. Blank and Morey were small brightspots, the rest was a complete disaster.

Maatsen is already in Dortmund, let's see when Sancho shows up...

image.png.a04d617370f48daa932a488b438eba8c.png

He's coming home!

giphy.gif

There's a big market for him, they said!

He won't join the BVB, they said!

He'll go to Saudi-Arabia, they said!

image.png.7eeeb05b9576c71b8984b21cda97f167.png

How is my boy ETH doing at ManU? He just needs more time. You cannot really judge a coach until he's been at a club for 4, 5, 6 years...

The BVB is playing Darmstadt in the Topspiel today and yes, the BVB is now employing an NFL style coaching system. Edin is the HC, Nuri the OC and Bender is the DC. I'm assuming that we're seeing Bynoe-Gittens and Malen starting on the outside with Sancho coming in for JBG after 60-70 minutes. Would also be interesting if we see a change in formation and/or personel.

With the Euro 24 coming up, a lot of teams have already chosen their base camp in Germany. Guess which "European" team is having its training sessions 20 minutes by bike away from me? I'll give you a hint:

giphy.gif

:classic_ninja:

I'm wondering if practice is in part open to the public, I might be tempted to watch if I have the time...

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1

3-0 vs Darmstadt. The game was much closer, especially since Gregor "The Kraken" Kobel saved the potential 1-1 in the second half with a monster reaction. Sancho coming on after 55 minutes and looking pretty good, even assisting Marco Reus for the 2-0 to seal the game. Yes, Darmstadt is in last place, but Sancho looks promising. The next opponents are Köln, Bochum and Heidenheim with no midweek games, so I think he could be fully ready to go in February once the big opponents are coming up.

Old Man Moukoko with a superb goal to finish the game, he deserves to start over Füllkrug. Good start for the BVB.

giphy.gif

Edin bringing the team back from the dead. I always believed in him! #EdinForever

image.png.cb419f5a1fe56351633020ad86053860.png

On a serious note, 3-0 and 4-0 against the two worst teams in the league. Darmstadt is just poor and Köln is suspended from doing transfers. However @jerry was right, it seems like Stuttgart is having problems now without Guirassy. Leverkusen with a late second win again, this time against Red Bull. However they're getting Olmo back (for now).

Sancho started today and played 65 minutes. Similar to Darmstadt, the game was much closer than the result suggested and today it was straight boring. Sancho was mostly invisible, however he got himself a great assist causing the penalty. Men of the match however were Maatsen and Malen. 

Well, well, well, I said it before and I'll say it again, Malen needs a strong partner on the left, while he has to play on the right, that worked last year with Adeyemi and Haller. Maatsen is an incredible player, he even played as a #6 for times. If we can get him for 35 M Euros and he performs like that against the bigger teams, I'd say "Go for it". 

Youngster Blank received his first Buli minutes and performed well, hopefully the imbecile who decided to focus on experienced Buli transfers over the past few years has been locked away somewhere and we get back to playing BVB style.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

Edin bringing the team back from the dead. I always believed in him! #EdinForever

Confusing times for BVB supporters, Edin and playstyle suck yet wins keep coming... how does it feel living in sleepy's shoes?

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

Maatsen is an incredible player

Time to shine now when he escaped blackhole of Chelsea 🙂

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, WuDu said:

Edin's in weird position right now. If he wins is cause of Sahin/Bender if not he needs to go :classic_biggrin: Whatever happen he will lose and Sahin will succeed him. Maybe if he win Buli or CL things would change...I would be pissed if i were him but maybe he dont care eyeing job in managment and will do what club needs him to do. The moment they throw him Sahin on the back he should resign and im 100% certain BVB would not win those two games. There is really something how BVB under Terzic is grinding results despite the unconvincing play. I think its just good coaching setup.

21 hours ago, WuDu said:

However @jerry was right, it seems like Stuttgart is having problems now without Guirassy. 

Seem like Undav is not that good. Seen game against BMG and he was terrible, killing many promising attacks with Stuttgart like 65:35 in posession. He is probably counter merchant.

21 hours ago, WuDu said:

Leverkusen with a late second win again, this time against Red Bull.

They cant doing that every week. Cracks are visible, Bayern is winning easily, playing with 50% intensity. I dont see it. Now the EL will come and  they will bottle everything, including DFB cup. One chance in the million and they didnt buy one player in the winter? The chance is but IMO very small.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

14 hours ago, Livertool said:

How does it feel living in sleepy's shoes?

Funny how all the Sleepy Joe fans are awfully quiet now. Similar to all the vaxxies and Ukraine supporters. Well, well, well...:classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, jerry said:

Edin's in weird position right now. If he wins is cause of Sahin/Bender if not he needs to go :classic_biggrin: Whatever happen he will lose and Sahin will succeed him. Maybe if he win Buli or CL things would change...I would be pissed if i were him but maybe he dont care eyeing job in managment and will do what club needs him to do. The moment they throw him Sahin on the back he should resign and im 100% certain BVB would not win those two games. There is really something how BVB under Terzic is grinding results despite the unconvincing play. I think its just good coaching setup.

Watzke steps down next year and wants to pass on sporting director responsibilities this summer. Watzke's CEO spot could be split into a sporting side and a business side. Current GM Kehl could then move into Watzke's spot (for sports) and Edin could then move into Kehl's spot while Nuri steps up. A lot of coulds here, but definitely not impossible.

Sancho also stated that he came back due to Edin. Edin is liked by most players, too bad he's shit at coaching. :classic_biggrin:

14 hours ago, Livertool said:

Time to shine now when he escaped blackhole of Chelsea 🙂

Maatsen is probably the best LB I've seen play for Dortmund since prime Dede at least. Guerreiro was a great football player, however he didn't care about defending. If he continues like that, that's 35 M Euros well spent. Especially if we can sell Malen to Pool or ManU. 

4 hours ago, jerry said:

They cant doing that every week. Cracks are visible, Bayern is winning easily, playing with 50% intensity. I dont see it. Now the EL will come and  they will bottle everything, including DFB cup. One chance in the million and they didnt buy one player in the winter? The chance is but IMO very small.

Cracks are visible, they said.

They need reinforcements, they said.

They will bottle everything, they said.

Bayern is winning easily, they said.

giphy.gif

image.thumb.png.8de8313c5d33258bc8da8409ea0a590a.png

image.png.343fe71381344273ff06405f41273e32.png

Bayern is now 4 points behind Leverkusen if they win their game against Union on Wednesday which was postponed last year. Leverkusen is getting Gladbach and Darmstadt next. That should be doable even with their short roster right now. Frimpong went down injured and they brought on Tella, who was their top transfer in the summer.

Leverkusen gets Bayern at home in the Topspiel on the 10th of February...

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1

Seen Werder few times and they are NOT better than ekstraklasa teams. Not in million years i would thought they can win at Bayern. Just WOW! :classic_biggrin:

23-8 in situations. 6-3 shots on goal and 15-5 missed shots with 65:35 posession. LOOOL Tuchel you clown!

No suspended Duksch, instead Woltemade who moves like a 50y.o. oldboy [think more motor challenged player than Crouch]. He is higher in pecking order than Kownacki who was once called a new Levandovsky :classic_ninja: So embarassing...I could hear Bochum's crowd laugh whenever Woltemade tried to pass or shoot...

Its only 4points, win with Leverkusen and its 1point but if Tucheliban is losing at home with Werder than they can lose the points with everyone, even Darmstadt. Its all in Bayer hands.

I have some long term bets and in half of them i add 1,16 odd that Bayern will cruise past Lazio in CL. Now im not so sure it was wise choice :classic_biggrin: 

spacer.png

• Sad 1

LOL at the Ivory Coast, so there's a chance that Kossounou and Haller return early without having played a minute.

3 hours ago, jerry said:

No suspended Duksch, instead Woltemade who moves like a 50y.o. oldboy [think more motor challenged player than Crouch]. He is higher in pecking order than Kownacki who was once called a new Levandovsky :classic_ninja: So embarassing...

Another Polski fraud, who would have thought? Interesting that Justin Njinmah started for Bremen, as he played for BVB 2 for 18 months. Another thing that's totally going wrong with the BVB: BVB 2 is actively buying and developing a lot of players for the likes of Bremen, Bochum, Paderborn etc: Führich, Njinmah, Broschinski, Pherai, Osterhage...Pohlmann, Papadopoulos will be the next players in line to leave BVB 2 and go to an ambitious 2. Buli or bottom Buli club.

The focus should be to give playing time to your own youngsters that have a shot at the first team.

With Bremen beating Bayern, the Bayern curse is now in effect again!

2,63 for Freiburg to win in Bremen on Saturday. Bayern -2,5 vs Union on Wednesday is at 2,28.

13 hours ago, WuDu said:

LOL at the Ivory Coast, so there's a chance that Kossounou and Haller return early without having played a minute.

Useless tourny overall. Send fit players and get them back crippled like Mo 🤬 

Top scorer so far:

Screenshot_20240123-1223472.thumb.png.3a81076a107c2c138e0e296be269267d.png

🤣 🤣 🤣

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 11:25 AM, Livertool said:

Useless tourny overall. 

Agreed. There is first tier african championship and its called Euro :classic_biggrin:

francja2023.thumb.jpg.1b2f7637003555843df6bdee885e56b2.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Przechwytywanies.PNG.23cfdb48b940832ce99e6d2b1134b95b.PNG

This is Dane Mikel Kirkeskov. Showed up in Piast 2017/18 from danisch league and was by a margin worst left back in the league. Surprisingly turned the things around next season and was the best player the league in his position. Next season a bit worse but stil top 2/3 and was asked by 1Buli teams among others. Then in first round of 20/21 he was again completely washed. Somehow his agent got him gig in 2.buli in Holstein Kiel. For 2,5 years he was never stammspieler, used mostly as a sub [didnt play in pokal with Bayern] and was a significant letdown. Anyway this season he was back at Ekstraklasa after being released by Kiel, played 9 games and looked completely washed, like a player near the end of career looks. So naturally he was released on free and....Holstein Kiel just signed him again. Only 6months but still, the funniest transfer this season! And Holstein is playing for aufstieg!

Holstein have also another Ekstraklasa legend named Thomas Daehne. This german goalkeeper impersonator was a crowd liebling during his stay in Poland. This one is not even his worst patzer :classic_biggrin:

Edited by jerry
  • Haha 1

Union coach Bjelica! :classic_biggrin: Another Ekstraklasa legend!

image.png.9c4cf252164b68fa4162cd725ba46ab7.png

Gio Reyna seems to be leaving this month, either to Nottingham :classic_blink: or Marseille. Sad to see him go, but it's the only way for him. 

image.png.7ad6825841157259e0e3806b024c8f98.png

image.png.a88e8003ab53c2cce95b59ea0e842dc3.png

The BVB likes 'em young! Not a fan of letting children who are still growing compete with grown men at the Bundesliga level. Hopefully, we'll see Duranville again soon.

• Haha 2

On 1/22/2024 at 10:11 PM, WuDu said:

2,63 for Freiburg to win in Bremen on Saturday. Bayern -2,5 vs Union on Wednesday is at 2,28.

I don't know, but Bayern seems totally out of sync now. Just 1-0 vs Union, despite Kane, Sane, Musiala and Coman starting. Now Upa is injured and Dier will be starting on Saturday. Laimer and Kimmich are also banged up. Davies seems to be in the doghouse. Well, well, well...

image.thumb.png.bebeb6699d7763407a0cecdc93390783.png

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Leverkusen is getting the Topspiel on Saturday and the BVB is getting Bochum on Sunday at 5:30 PM.  

Why can't i ever be wrong??? 😭 Quite a curse really 😋 

On 12/21/2023 at 11:04 PM, Livertool said:

Thou Klopp has lots of contract left, he has also made clear that he has other plans than being club manager for rest of his life so leaving at top wouldn't be surprise.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/jurgen-klopp-extended-interview-why-ive-made-decision-leave-liverpool

Hopefully board is awake and bring in De Zerbi then...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Purps said:

Traders seem fairly confident it'll be Xabi Alonso:   https://www.unibet.com/betting/sports/event/1020438635

image.thumb.png.b9a3a15f11acd0c35093de095da7e46d.png

Haven't had time yet to check any speculations over replacement, surely Alonso is one candidate due good job over two seasons and Pool history but is it that sure???

There is difference between buli and pl, DZ is more experienced and has done very good job with Brighton thou he has lost many top players and his playbook ain't far from Klopp's so player material should suite DZ well too...if i could choose i would go with him.

LOL at many names in there, if someone wants to bet Hamann duckbet give odds of 100000 so ship me your money instead 😄

• Like 2

Didnt i write few months ago that it could be last Klopp season? :classic_ninja: 

Most likely Klopp know Salah is off to the best muslim league in the world. Replacing Salah with Sane [assuming Bayern would even sell] would mean Liverpool from top 2 team is on the ManU level. Sane is good but not even near consistent like Salah, not to mention workrate Salah is doing. Without Salah/Klopp Liverpool will have at least one very hard season. But maybe they will catch Mbappe in the net since he is a Liverpool supporter :classic_biggrin:

Its kinda sad. End of an era. Messi at Barcelona Lewy at Bayern etc i dont like it at all. It reminds me im older. I didnt like Ferguson but when he retired felt the same.

As for the next one will it be Xabi even if Leverkusen bottle everything? If he ends the season emptyhanded will it be regarded a great season or complete failure? So like in the odds, they will go for Xabi if he will got cold feet then DeZerbi. If he/Brighton also refuse than they stay with Lijnders for transitional season.

• Like 2