Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

8 hours ago, Livertool said:

Care to put money where you mouth is? 

ManU? 1 win out of 5 games because a former Schalke player missed a penalty against them. 

Newcastle? Dominated by the BVB.

Shitty? Serial cheaters.

Arse? Solid results.

BVB, Bayern and Red Bull already in the top-16. Leverkusen with 5 wins, Freiburg and Frankfurt also in the next round. Union is the only club with poor results.

8 hours ago, Livertool said:

Just as i thought, "too expensive" again. 😁 Is 5M/year your or Watzke limit?

Guirassy has a 20 M clause, what do you think his "real" value is right now? 40 M? 50 M? That difference goes towards him via signing bonus. So for the BVB, which already pays Haller, Moukoko and Fülle, adding Guirassy is out of the question.

The BVB fired GM Kehl's assistant today, so I think it's safe to assume that the rumours about a rift within the club are true. So basically we have the CEO, his consultant (Matthias Sammer) and Edin on one side and the GM on the other. What could go wrong here?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

image.png.9cea6fad66d5c1676708bd6499530272.png

Edin is definitely cooking today. Brandt, Reus, Malen and Fülle on the bench with a 3 man midfield of Can, Özcan and Sabitzer.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Edin Mourinho is really playing a 5-4-1.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Stuttgart with another deserved win. Ryerson likely with a severe knee injury in the 90+5th minute. Wolf and Moukoko also out with injuries. This will get ugly vs Red Bull on Saturday. 2,7 for RB is value.

Edin with #DrunkenCooking. That was Schalke-esque.

• Haha 1

image.png.59aa74bfce95b321193fb3487b731cfa.png

Watzke is really the Zelenskyyyy of the Bundesliga. Just keep the charade going as long as possible to steal/collect as much outside money as possible...:classic_laugh: 

I just read that the top-2 nations in the yearly UEFA rankings receive an additional spot in next year's UCL. 

Because:

image.thumb.png.51353bef9ea4970dde625a2dc986622e.png

And right now the BVB is 5 points ahead of #6.

The BVB with 4 injuries yesterday: Moukoko, Sabitzer, Wolf and Ryerson. It's Meunier time!

After the loss against RB, the BVB plays PSG and then gets an ultra tough match in Augsburg, who have 3 wins and 3 draws in 6 games under new coach Thorup. The year ends with a home game against Mainz. :classic_ninja:

The team is dead, injured and Edin's catenaccio tactic is now backfiring. Yesterday the BVB played with a true 5-4-1. So who knows? Maybe we even play

Meunier - Süle - Hummels - Schlotti - Bense

Can - Özcan

against Red Bull. RB also with a full week of rest.

After signing that black athlete from Australia, Bayern also bought this guy from Granada:

15 M transfer fee and 3,5 M salary. That should be a typical BVB signing...

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1

Some good Buli matchups this weekend:

Frankfurt-Bayern, BVB-RB and Stuttgart-Leverkusen.

RB now down to 2,50 and I don't expect the BVB to win anything tomorrow. Injuries are adding up, so U-17 MVP Paris Brunner will get a place on the gameday roster. I'm also expecting BVB 2 players Blank and Bueno to sit there with Meunier starting. So we'll likely see some new faces tomorrow and vs PSG.

image.png.ee22486bbe3408dd912000ada0d5a0f1.png

The Buli season is toast anyway, so we might as well sell Malen and pick up Sancho instead. He won't be anywhere close to 100 % in early 2024 anyway, so he needs all the practice he can get to get ready for summer training camp. This should also give us some money to get new RB/LBs. 

5:1 with average eintracht side that have problems with european giant HJK Helsinki. And no red or two either. Could be that Tuchel time is near the end? I mean i could see him axed if Eintracht add one or two goals, or even if it stays 5:1. What an embarassment...

Edited by jerry
  • Haha 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

14 minutes ago, jerry said:

5:1 with average eintracht side that have problems with european giant HJK Helsinki. And no red or two either. Could be that Tuchel time is near the end? I mean i could see him axed if Eintracht add one or two goals, or even if it stays 5:1. What an embarassment...

image.gif.280c23b8e3e04c77a33bb2276750680d.gif

image.gif.46dd84226e7a6112ec801e4c3bf43144.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Purps said:

Early red card for Hummels.

Going to be a tough task for BvB to come out with any points from this one 😩

O/U on fantasy points for Kobel? 12? 15? Süle in, Bynoe-Gittens out.

B-b-b-b-b-but Stubby told us that VAR will make everything better. 

The red card will be another excuse for Watzlenskyyyy and Edin that everything is going fine at the club.

2 hours ago, jerry said:

5:1. What an embarassment...

Wasn't Kovac/Ancelotti sacked after losing 5-1 to Frankfurt a few years back? Gladbach sometimes has great results vs Bayern, but Frankfurt also has these wins from time to time.

Bense with the 1-0!

For Red Bull! 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

SÜLINHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 12/6/2023 at 10:50 PM, WuDu said:

This will get ugly vs Red Bull on Saturday. 2,7 for RB is value.

After the betting losses against Saarbrücken and Bayern after their cup game, finally a prediction that turned out to be true. Closing odds were 2,50 (2,45 on UB).

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

Wasn't Kovac/Ancelotti sacked after losing 5-1 to Frankfurt a few years back?

Kovac was fired after losing 5-1 to Adolf H. and Frankfurt 4 years ago. Frankfurt then went on a losing streak in the Europa League and the Bundesliga.

Frankfurt with the win today against Bayern, meaning the Bayern curse will now strike again. Their next Buli game is against Leverkusen, however in the Conference League, they're playing Aberdeen on the road.

Aberdeen +0 is at 3,8 at the competition, Aberdeen +0,5  is at 2,25. Value alert!

Weird game today, the BVB is dead, however the red card obviously determined how the game would be going. Red Bull also not looking really good with the exception of Xavi Simons. What a player. 

Schlotti getting juked out by Poulsen for the 1-3 was also nice to see, that practically cost us the point.

Augsburg +0,5 next week again is also value in my opinion. UB is still sleeping right now with odds of 2,02.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Augsburg +0,5 next week again is also value in my opinion. UB is still sleeping right now with odds of 2,02.

You are after RB/Bayern/Leverkusen and Stuttgart games so now its the time for a series of wins with how this team is playing under Terzic for past two years. Is 4th place in jeopardy? Not really, Stuttgart could be raided in January not only with Guirassy but one or two others, maybe that one nationalspieler.  There is some chance they become Union and next year be relegated but Dortmund is playing too good with teams other than first 4.

BTW is Undav more turk or german, cause if its the latter he should be german nationalspieler since Royal Union days. Even weirder and funnier he is not on turks radar either :classic_ninja:

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Schlotti getting juked out by Poulsen for the 1-3 was also nice to see, that practically cost us the point.

Not gonna lie Villa-Arse caugh me more but ive seen that goal. Can we agree he is a bitter dissapointment? I thought by now he will be first team nationalspieler and force Hummels to retirement. He was lowkey world class in Freiburg but in Dortmund he is shaky, nervous, clumsy and not that athlethic i thought he is [seen him many times bullied off the ball]. I think whats keeping him afloat are the goals scored. He should be sold and BVB should be on lookout for better candidate. Pretty similar with Sule, he is better though but also cover a lot defensive mistakes with goals.

Like i said many times BVB have avg squad. From has beens [Hummels,Sule,Can,Reus,Sabitzer] to lazy and overpaid pace merchants [Milfhunter, OldMan, i would even add Bynoe here but he had out of the blue great game against Milan and he is probably not overpaid for a moment] to forever talents like Brands,Reyna and two overpaid strikers on top of that [well, one is bad luck]. Its clear that what keep this team up is Terzic. The talk about replace him is crazy. BVB is beating worse teams in Buli with ease and on top of that flying in CL. Its good as it gets with this squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Like i said many times BVB have avg squad. From has beens [Hummels,Sule,Can,Reus,Sabitzer] to lazy and overpaid pace merchants [Milfhunter, OldMan, i would even add Bynoe here but he had out of the blue great game against Milan and he is probably not overpaid for a moment] to forever talents like Brands,Reyna and two overpaid strikers on top of that [well, one is bad luck]. Its clear that what keep this team up is Terzic. The talk about replace him is crazy. BVB is beating worse teams in Buli with ease and on top of that flying in CL. Its good as it gets with this squad.

@jerry, you should tag your hot takes in a certain way, otherwise people here might assume that you're 100 % serious with all your statements. :classic_biggrin:

What's funny is that Adeyemi was positioned to be the next face of the club by the BVB's marketing department back in the summer. Now he's known for being a diving milfhunter. :classic_biggrin: Haller was the favourite to win the Torjägerkanone before Harry Kane arrived. And Malen is now back to being a problem player who wants to leave. This offense was likely the most dominant trio in European club football in the first half of 2023.

Brandt with 4 goals and 7 assists in the Bundesliga already, despite having to play on the wings most of the time. His record number of assists while playing in Dortmund has been 8. I'm demanding an apology!

All in all, the team is much better than its performance suggests and that's on Edin. We played the top-4 now:

• Bayern. Clear loss at home while Bayern had to deal with so many injuries that Roidretzka was playing CB.
  • Leverkusen. Lucky 1-1 due to Edin playing the catenaccio.
  • Stuttgart. Not one, but two well deserved losses on the road. Guirassy didn't even start in the first match.
  • Red Bull. Deserved loss at home. 
2 hours ago, jerry said:

You are after RB/Bayern/Leverkusen and Stuttgart games so now its the time for a series of wins with how this team is playing under Terzic for past two years. Is 4th place in jeopardy? Not really, Stuttgart could be raided in January not only with Guirassy but one or two others, maybe that one nationalspieler. 

image.png.4fa7f53fe6eab83e0257bf5fab6b3e50.png

The BVB being 4,5 points behind #4 while looking worse than all 4 clubs that are ahead of them is the textbook definition of "jeopardy". I don't want to play conference league against teams like HJK Helsinki, Vikingur Reykjavik or Liverpool.  

Augsburg on the road is the typical opponent for the BVB to struggle with, especially after playing PSG at home during the week.

Stuttgart looking absolutely legitimate, despite the fact that their next two opponents are Leverkusen and Bayern and nobody knows how many games with Guirassy they have left.

2 hours ago, jerry said:

BTW is Undav more turk or german, cause if its the latter he should be german nationalspieler since Royal Union days. Even weirder and funnier he is not on turks radar either :classic_ninja:

Seems like Undav's family are Kurds. The Turks want him, however Nagelsmann will call him up in for the next games in March. When asked about which NT he wants to join after the win against the BVB he answered: "Einigkeit, Recht und Freiheit.:classic_biggrin: Of course, had he answered with "Deutschland über alles", that would have been even better, but I consider that a good start. :classic_biggrin:

But his development has been incredible. Tomorrow at 3:30 PM Stuttgart plays against Leverkusen and I might even watch the 2nd half or so.

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 2

Looking at Kane's head at the photo remind me of movie quotes:

Look at the size of that boy's head. I’m not kidding. It's like an orange on a toothpick.

Heid! Paper! Now! Move that melon of yours and get the paper if you can, hauling that gargantuan cranium about!

No kidding. His head's like Sputnik. Spherical, but quite pointy in parts.

One bronze santa flip if you know the quotes without looking for the source :classic_biggrin:

Group of death, they said!

Dortmund will be lucky to play Europa League, they said!

image.png.f7798c32126329f0cf847a2cf6006748.png

EPL now with 2 (!!!!!) teams going out in 4th place.

giphy.gif

Now bring on Copenhagen!

Overall a nice match of summer football in the winter. Bense, Hummels and Süle with great performances. Süle with the save of the season against Donatello! Also nice flow to the game with Brandt playing the #6.

On 12/9/2023 at 10:28 PM, WuDu said:

Augsburg +0,5 down to 1,91. Don't see the BVB getting up for this game in 2,5 days.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 10:28 PM, WuDu said:

Frankfurt with the win today against Bayern, meaning the Bayern curse will now strike again. Their next Buli game is against Leverkusen, however in the Conference League, they're playing Aberdeen on the road.

Aberdeen +0 is at 3,8 at the competition, Aberdeen +0,5  is at 2,25. Value alert!

Well, well, well...

image.thumb.png.e3dad19bc66ced2079730e05dd433be1.png

I'm demanding apologies from everybody doubting me!

+0 even went up to 4,7 and +0,5 went to 2,65. Why? Nobody knows. Of course, Frankfurt will lose in Leverkusen as well, however there's no real value to be had. So hopefully someone here placed a bet.

Augsburg +0,5 now also sinking further and further. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

So hopefully someone here placed a bet.

Didnt pull the trigger before the game but hit this :classic_biggrin:

Przechwytywa.PNG.dea74f4c0430e45107af98c2e1952d74.PNG

I mean how even could i pull it harder? Stats after first half were BVB-esque vs Bayer. Frankfurt  8 or 9 shots Aberdeen just 1 and result is 1:0 :classic_ninja: Didnt see the game but betting authorities should see it if Gotze and co didnt try hard NOT to win...

In other news i was watching Legia win against Alkmaar. By all means its 4th or 5th team in Holland and they were absolutely terrible. Threatening factor 0 or -1 :classic_biggrin: 9 out of 10 games Legia is winning and Legia is in terrible state now.

Anyway Legia in september loaned from VFB Stuttgart portuguese gentleman named Gil Dias [paid for him 300k]. Guy is absolute epitome of headless chicken. Legia plays with 10men anytime this guy is on the pitch. He have massive problems even against bottom teams in Ekstraklasa. I just dont even understand how he is professional footballer at this time.

His career is really interesting and shows how market works. First he was loaned from Braga B to Monaco u19. He must be really awesome that year cause Monaco promptly bought him for 5mln. This plus he played in all under national teams for Portugal. Then only after 6months they saw there is something wrong with him :classic_biggrin: Loans to Varzim, Rio Ave, Fiorentina, NottForest, Olympiakos, Granada, Famalicao...

Then somehow Benfica pull the trigger for 1,50mln. Im pretty sure when they saw the offer they partied in Monaco that day:classic_laugh:He made his record there staying 1,5 years mostly as a deep sub. Then again out of f. blue Stuttgart got hooked for 1mln last January. 6 months later he is in Legia :classic_ninja: Stuttgart contract is till 2025. Good luck offloading him. He is f. useless.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jerry said:

Anyway Legia in september loaned from VFB Stuttgart portuguese gentleman named Gil Dias [paid for him 300k]. Guy is absolute epitome of headless chicken. Legia plays with 10men anytime this guy is on the pitch. He have massive problems even against bottom teams in Ekstraklasa. I just dont even understand how he is professional footballer at this time.

Just checked his games on tm, he only played for Stuttgart under Pretty Bruno Labbadia. Sebastian Honess didn't give him one minute. :classic_biggrin:

The Monaco transfer seems like a loan/mandatory buy clause deal to me. At that time, wasn't Monaco one of the teams in Europe with the best transfer surplus? So yeah, buying youth players seems a lot like buying lottery tickets to me, with the failed ones ending up in Ekstraklasa! :classic_biggrin:

Very nice Buli weekend ahead of us, with two late games on Sunday:

Leverkusen-Frankfurt (5:30) and Bayern-Stuttgart (7:30).

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The BVB is playing Augsburg early on Saturday and I'm not getting fooled again, this is the typical game for the BVB to struggle and fuck up. No way they're motivated to play in 3 °C weather in freaking Augsburg after their good performance against PSG.