Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Edin masterclass

spacer.png

I know Milan under the weather, no Leao no party, but still CL run is mighty impressive. Why fold against Bayern though? It must be some mental thing.

• Like 3
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Group of death, they said!

Get ready for Thursdays, they said!

The BVB won't go through, they said!

image.png.425a590da4b0e1b50fce235a605ee9a7.png

I'm demanding apologies!

Edin was definitely cooking today, going back to the 4-2-3-1 with Bynoe-Gittens and Malen on the wings and Brandt on the bench. JBG approaching top form with a goal and an assist. Kobel with yet another saved pen and even our beloved Milfhunter with the 3-1 to kill the game.

PSG pretty lucky with their penalty, these handball rules are so stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Przechwytywaniesss.PNG.7db8b9270fe45191a01b10b07507be7e.PNG

That was the definition of accidental hand. Ball hit leg then hand, zero intention of blocking the ball or making the space bigger with the hand. But if you want to give the pen then you give it, especially if its PSG. Marciniak got CL final and world cup final, he must be that good, yeah? Right...                

Apparently Saudis wants Marciniak [ref in PSG game] in their league exlusively for few mln a season. But somehow he dont want it, and rather earn in thousands, just like Levandovsky didnt want that 100mln a season and rather get 17 plus boni in tacos from Barcelona. That hidden clauses in Saudis contract must be a thing. It must be something significant like blowing some desert prince or bowing to whatever deity/devil they worship for someone to refuse those offers. Or those offers are bull...

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

Get ready for Thursdays, they said!

I meant next season cause i don't see you finishing in top 4 of buli this season 😄

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

The BVB won't go through, they said!

Surprised me for sure...but didn't see Milan being so bad as it turned out to be. First three matches without a single goal surely did pave the way for others.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Livertool said:

I meant next season cause i don't see you finishing in top 4 of buli this season 😄

With how they play against everyone beside Bayern i think top 4 is a lock. Dont see anyone, certainly not Stuttgart/Wolfsburg/Freiburg making the upset. Top 4 will be Leverkusen/BVB/Bayern/RB and even more i think this could be top 4 for a few next seasons. Someone other there would be huge surprise.

49 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Surprised me for sure...but didn't see Milan being so bad as it turned out to be. First three matches without a single goal surely did pave the way for others.

Both Milan/Newcastle with a lot of injuries which played some role but with Newcastle they still won against Arsenal and thrashed Chelsea, despite bad CL showing they play in PL like a top 4 team. Those two wins was very impressive and shutting Milan away where they still had full prize to play for was also great. Edin's doing great job this squad is really very average and results are way above it. Shame about this pen in PSG game, BVB could send the desert rats to EL next week.

Edited by jerry
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, jerry said:

Edin masterclass

spacer.png

I know Milan under the weather, no Leao no party, but still CL run is mighty impressive. Why fold against Bayern though? It must be some mental thing.

I think the same. Dortmund is quite strong against the very top, but not Bayern...

If they made the title get past that dreadfull Chelsea side, fight against Real and give some hard time to Bayern Terzic status would be legendary. Those three stains are pretty big though. How much is Edin's game managment fault and how much the team fragile mentality is anybody guess. They are favs in DFB cup and if Bayern will lose some points in Buli [not a chance with healthy Kane IMO] maybe try and get to them, just like last season. Also there is something to fight with CL as with previous one we had more or less accidental finalist thanks to Italy-Portugal draw.

8 hours ago, jerry said:

Shame about this pen in PSG game, BVB could send the desert rats to EL next week.

Seems like the desert rats got away with a questionable VAR penalty (b-b-b-b-b-but VAR is making everything better in football) against the desert rats with the help of yet another Polski VAR official, who has been suspended for today.. 

Emre Can got his 3rd yellow in best Mourinho fashion last night, so I think the BVB is resting some guys against PSG. Should still be a fun game, but if I were you I'd expect the likes of Wolf, Reyna, Old Man, Milfhunter, Özcan, Haller to start in that game.

9 hours ago, Livertool said:

Newcastle almost beat PSG twice, Milan did beat PSG a few weeks ago, so maybe it's time to show some respect to Edin and the BVB! @Livertool I'm demanding an apology!

I have to say, Edin surprised me yesterday playing the 4-2-3-1 and I think he should continue to do so going forward. JBG, Malen and Adeyemi should be enough to handle the minutes until the winter break

Hummels also with a monster game getting the MOTM award. Will be a fun match on Sunday against Leverkusen, who travel without Wirtz to Sweden.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

15 hours ago, WuDu said:

Newcastle almost beat PSG twice, Milan did beat PSG a few weeks ago, so maybe it's time to show some respect to Edin and the BVB!

Almost wins are almost as good as real wins 😄 Newcastle almost won BVB too but luck won that time.

I got respect for Edin doing so good with not so good material, imagine what they could do with investing just bit more.

So after winning the u17 Euros, Germany also won the u17 WC with BVB youth player Paris Brunner being the MVP of the tournament:

image.thumb.png.098b547274e457610c742bc0d87d1ef2.png

Funny stuff is that the BVB suspended him a few weeks ago (nobody really knows the reasoning) and he almost didn't travel to Indonesia. Will be interesting to see whether or not Edin thinks he can contribute against grown men as he turns 18 in a few months.

Tomorrow, the BVB travels to Leverkusen for the "Watzke-Bowl". A win and the framing of "Bayern has too much money, being 2nd is fine" can be kept alive. A loss and serious answers will be demanded.

Süle, Özcan and Bense are sick with the flu, so I think we'll be seeing Meunier and Morey on the bench again. The defensive lineup likely will look like this:

Kobel

Wolf - Hummels - Schlotti - Ryerson

Can - Sabitzer 

Against Grimaldo, Frimpong, Wirtz, Hofmann and Boniface.

giphy.gif

Offensively, I'm expecting Brandt and Fülle to start next to two pacey wingers: Adeyemi/JBG/Malen. Adeyemi helping against Frimpong could be needed. Edin vs Pretty Boy Xabi will be interesting as well. Honestly, I have to agree with the bookies here and don't expect us to win this one. 

Global warming hit us hard this weekend with Bayern-Union being postponed due to snow.

giphy.gif

Stuttgart also keeps on winning, so one must hope that they don't lose Guirassy in the winter. Deniz Undav with yet another goal: 8 goals in the Buli this season, 1 in 68 minutes. Guirassy with 16 goals, 1 in 50 minutes.

Next Wednesday it's Stuttgart-BVB in the DFB-Pokal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Purps said:

@WuDu

No EURO group draw celebration?

Nothing there to celebrate. Groups of 4 where most of the top-3 teams advance. You gotta be kidding me. Similar to the WC, I'm not watching. Maybe a second half here and there when I have nothing else to do.

52 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

There is nothing to celebrate, Hungary will stun the Germans in Germany again. That will be ugly!

Piss easy group with Scotland, Hungary and Switzerland. So unfortunately no real danger of dropping out here. McAllister from Liverpool is the only Scottish player I know, so an ugly win against them should be enough to advance?

Hungary with patriotism and their anti-LTGBQ+-/: hools will be fun :classic_biggrin: and Switzerland has Kobel, Akanji and some other Buli names.

Turks having two home games in Dortmund and another one in Hamburg. Polskis/Finland shouldn't even bother to play these playoffs as they would be getting gang banged by France, Netherlands and Austria anyway.

image.png.f8390f6d8df80c0e361215713b0021a9.png

The BVB is really lucky that there's a small gap between #5 and the other teams. But a potential loss today would mean that Red Bull were in the position to go 5,5 points ahead of the BVB with a win in the Topspiel next week. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

Nothing there to celebrate. Groups of 4 where most of the top-3 teams advance. You gotta be kidding me. Similar to the WC, I'm not watching. Maybe a second half here and there when I have nothing else to do.

Not gonna lie your obsession with anything BVB wise is always funny to read :classic_biggrin: How come youre not going to the stadium, only support them in Internet/behind tv?

spacer.png

Living too far away from Iduna Park, too expensive? My team today play our champions and all tickets are sold [40k] and im there even if its below fooking 0 :classic_wacko:

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

Piss easy group with Scotland, Hungary and Switzerland. So unfortunately no real danger of dropping out here. McAllister from Liverpool is the only Scottish player I know, so an ugly win against them should be enough to advance?

If nothing changes, Kimmich still at DM and Bagelsmann will insist on guys like Hummels, Sule, Brands, Can, Milfhunter, Old Man then it can be funny. Hungary on some big not losing streak, Scotland with decent squad even if they have big holes they capable of some upset [0:0 with England last Euro]. Swiss at the moment play terrible football but in six months could be diffrent. Not gonna bet single złoty on Ger going out but its not impossible. On other hand its bad group for the Germany cause after the group stage they will not know where they stand and will play first strong team in playoffs, maybe even England.   

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

Polskis/Finland shouldn't even bother to play these playoffs as they would be getting gang banged by France, Netherlands and Austria anyway.

Will Poland be gang banged like BVB against Bayern? Well, according to ManU legend Austria is going for title. Holland at least thinking about semis and France other than final will be a dissapointment, so yeah group is very funny. In case we advance i see one big lose, one close one [like with Neuville goal in last minute, been at the stadium at that match BTW :classic_biggrin:]. Still, Austria is no that much better than those three teams so top three is up for grabs.

Euro is bloated beyond reason, Poland after absolutely abysmal campaign is fav to advance in playoffs against Estonia [LOL] and then Finland/Wales. On top of that we will most likely have Georgia [not the US state guys] in the Euro. Even having Kvaradona this team is on 3.buli level. Then again there some juicy groups and even in groups there will be some drama with one or two big teams out. And then playoffs, even with boring matches at least last 30mins are always thrilling. Same with World Cup too many weak teams and group stage hard to survive. But it goes fast and its 1000% better than the same matchups every year in CL. Im watching 100% even if less enthusiastic than years before.

Edited by jerry

1:1. Edin di Matteo parking the bus like there was no tomorrow with Papadopulous (BVB 2 defender), Milfhunter Adeyemi and Meunier being the only subs today. All three actually played OK.

giphy.gif

23-6 shots for Leverkusen.

68-32 % possession for Leverkusen.

16-1 corners for Leverkusen. 

1 point in Leverkusen is OK under these circumstances. Next Wednesday, the BVB travels to Stuttgart in the cup. Meunier starting is not completely off the table in my mind...:0lucky2:

7 hours ago, jerry said:

Not gonna lie your obsession with anything BVB wise is always funny to read :classic_biggrin: How come youre not going to the stadium, only support them in Internet/behind tv?

I think you have to be a club member to even apply for tickets since demand is so high. Prices are high for regular tikiets, yet it's still OK in comparison to the NBA, e.g. Distance to Dortmund is also not totally crazy, however it's a total pain in the ass to leave the city by car (bottle neck off the parking lot/in the city and another bottle neck to get on the Autobahn) or by train. Besides, #NeverForget that the Buli clubs were pushing the Vax. So I'm sitting in the comfort of my home, turning on the laptop with food and beverages...

7 hours ago, jerry said:

My team today play our champions and all tickets are sold [40k] and im there even if its below fooking 0 :classic_wacko:

Checked your game at halftime, a lot of bukmacherski reklama in the stadium! :classic_biggrin: Also, wasn't that the ref from PSG-Newcastle? 

giphy.gif

Also LOL at Burak Ince being rostered. One of the biggest transfer busts in Arminia Bielefeld history! :classic_biggrin: 

But yeah, stadium/gameday experience beats TV experience, that's for sure. It's always cool when you're driving on the Autobahn to the matches and you can see more and more cars with Buli scarfs fluttering out of the car windows. Or in Dortmund walking towards the stadium, coming from the city centre/train station, and you can already hear the stadium and the supporters from far. 

8 hours ago, jerry said:

Euro is bloated beyond reason.

Case closed, I'd rather watch Love Island than Slovakia-Bosnia.

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

1:1. Edin di Matteo parking the bus like there was no tomorrow with Papadopulous (BVB 2 defender), Milfhunter Adeyemi and Meunier being the only subs today. All three actually played OK.

23-6 shots for Leverkusen.

68-32 % possession for Leverkusen.

16-1 corners for Leverkusen. 

Yet somehow you made AGAIN good result #Edinmagic. Got a chuckle at halftime seeing 9 shots from Bottlekusen and 1 from Dortmund and BVB on 1:0 lead :classic_ninja:

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

Checked your game at halftime, a lot of bukmacherski reklama in the stadium! :classic_biggrin: Also, wasn't that the ref from PSG-Newcastle? 

All those are LEGAL bukmacherski with 12% tax. And yeah the same ref, and now the biggest ref in the world, which say a lot at the state of this profession.

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

Also LOL at Burak Ince being rostered. One of the biggest transfer busts in Arminia Bielefeld history! :classic_biggrin: 

We have many rejects right now, even some from premier league. You can clearly see Ince abilities are pretty great, technically he is on another level, but man he is some lazy mother. Even at games he seem bored out of his mind :classic_biggrin:Dont wanna think how he is applying himself in training :classic_laugh: Also ive been twice in last two months cruisin some nightclub, both times on friday and both times he was also there, wasted with some heavy allah inspired entourage :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Yet somehow you made AGAIN good result #Edinmagic.

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

Edin di Matteo parking the bus like there was no tomorrow

image.png.f9e4f43a9f1a6d8bc0763ea2370bf2e9.png

image.png.0da5448ad0b6df6180d4e19bc1123a99.png

On 11/30/2023 at 10:48 AM, Livertool said:

Almost wins are almost as good as real wins 😄

image.png.a963f71765bd5de1d08a1e04abe3cb80.png

:classic_biggrin:

7 hours ago, jerry said:

Also ive been twice in last two months cruisin some nightclub, both times on friday and both times he was also there, wasted with some heavy allah inspired entourage :classic_rolleyes:

Nice!

On 12/2/2023 at 11:07 PM, WuDu said:

one must hope that they don't lose Guirassy in the winter.

Ridiculously low release clause so i think he is gone. Suits BVB well as if he leaves then you are pretty much guaranteed top 4 team again. Lucky on the field, lucky off the field. Luckyluckylucky 🤮 

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

Ridiculously low release clause so i think he is gone.

Yes, however I meant that it would be nice for Stuttgart if he played out the season with them instead of going to ManU or the desert rats in the winter.

image.png.990c19812e6bda49f587d87fec33d278.png

What do you think @Livertool? 75 M Euro plus boni and he's all yours, especially since Salah is playing the Africa Cup.

On 12/2/2023 at 10:07 PM, WuDu said:

Paris Brunner being the MVP of the tournament.

Funny stuff is that the BVB suspended him a few weeks ago (nobody really knows the reasoning) and he almost didn't travel to Indonesia. Will be interesting to see whether or not Edin thinks he can contribute against grown men as he turns 18 in a few months.

image.png.7db719d38f21fd21adea367fb2f5d2fc.png

I said it before, Malen on the right, Adeyemi/JBG on the left and Haller/Fülle in the middle with Brandt playing the #10. This is the way to go. However if he wants to leave and we replace him with Sancho, why not?

Also it seems like there are two divisions now within the BVB. Edin and Watzke on one side and GM Kehl and his team on the other with Kehl's right hand man badmouthing Edin in the VIP Lounge.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Whats with this fake news with Xhaka price? :classic_laugh:

Przechwytywaniesss.PNG.4f1cc6ddf5ca782a837634ddf3c98939.PNG

Przechwytywaniess.PNG.4d1bda2bd2e8b3bcb02779c6f75b070d.PNG

Paris Brunner sounds like those fake names from Football Manager when youre on 20th season and all the guys retired :classic_biggrin:

Malen is too weak for top PL teams. If someone gets him, he will makeimpact like Ziyech. He would be great for serie A but he is priced out for them. Feel like something like Fulham/West Ham/Brighton might bite.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WuDu said:

I meant that it would be nice for Stuttgart if he played out the season with them instead of going to ManU or the desert rats in the winter.

Sure it would be nice, even nicer if ManU throws on top of transfer fee Sancho for free but i don't see either of those things happening 😋 Pretty much all the teams that i've seen linked to Guirassy (ManU, Milan, Brentford, Newcastle) do need firepower atm so based on that i think he will leave right away, especially when he ain't young enough that some team would buy him as investment for future.

Why ain't BVB after him? Cheap, in form, proved to be classy enough for buli, chance to make some money out of him... lot of boxes ticked.

11 hours ago, WuDu said:

What do you think @Livertool? 75 M Euro plus boni and he's all yours, especially since Salah is playing the Africa Cup.

5bc7bd.jpg.68bdf293485de4d81d82730c551453de.jpg

PS. New tv-deal for PL. Jealous? 🤩

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/04/premier-league-agrees-67bn-tv-rights-deal-with-sky-and-tnt-sports

54 minutes ago, Livertool said:

PS. New tv-deal for PL. Jealous? 

Why? Just make the Brits bleed to pay 2 B Euros a year to watch Arab sugar daddies taking over their league.

giphy.gif

And I just read that the Saturday afternoon games aren't even shown on TV? :classic_biggrin::classic_laugh::classic_biggrin: Cannot spell cuck without UK!

Don't forget, Bundesliga >>>> EPL as you can see in the Eurocup this season. 

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Guirassy, i think he will leave right away, especially when he ain't young enough that some team would buy him as investment for future.

Why ain't BVB after him? Cheap, in form, proved to be classy enough for buli, chance to make some money out of him... lot of boxes ticked

@Livertool`s wisdom: Guirassy is already 27 years old, not really an investment for the future but an asset for teams to win now.

Also @Livertool's wisdom: The BVB should buy Guirassy as an investment for the future when they sell him later on.

:classic_laugh:

The key word is salary. If he goes to England in the winter, I'll doubt that he signs for 5 M Euros a year...

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Sure it would be nice, even nicer if ManU throws on top of transfer fee Sancho for free but i don't see either of those things happening 

Sure, they can keep Sancho for the next 2,5 years and pay him 50 M Euros along the way and then lose him for nothing. The last time Sancho played for England was 26 months ago, the last time he was a true starter for England was 39 months ago, so I think playing for England is totally out of the question anyway right now. Loaning him out with a cheap option to buy could still save ManU a lot of money.

11 hours ago, jerry said:

Malen is too weak for top PL teams. If someone gets him, he will makeimpact like Ziyech. He would be great for serie A but he is priced out for them. Feel like something like Fulham/West Ham/Brighton might bite.

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Bundesliga >>>> EPL as you can see in the Eurocup this season. 

Care to put money where you mouth is? 

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Also @Livertool's wisdom: The BVB should buy Guirassy as an investment for the future when they sell him later on.

Not wisdom but fact. Not my fault that BVB sell their best players as soon as interest is raised when other teams try enjoy them as long as possible. Ok, not the whole truth as sometimes they try to cash out without any interest from anybody like Malen 😏

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

The key word is salary. If he goes to England in the winter, I'll doubt that he signs for 5 M Euros a year...

Just as i thought, "too expensive" again. 😁 Is 5M/year your or Watzke limit?

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Arab sugar daddies taking over their league.

And then sugar daddies invest some of that money to Finland too... what do we reckon when Veikkausliiga is better than buli? Somewhere between 2030-2035 maybe?

https://cityxtra.co.uk/7743/manchester-city-owners-target-purchase-of-three-new-clubs-to-add-to-city-football-group-empire/

City Group has an idea of purchasing teams in Turkey, Finland and Korea

su.jpg.e14f74ebaab568895f10d0b2933bb65b.jpg