Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Looks like certain bee coloured team is falling even futher from cl places, who could have known. 

Me, that's who! I'm demanding an apology!

On 12/9/2023 at 10:28 PM, WuDu said:

Augsburg +0,5 next week again is also value in my opinion. UB is still sleeping right now with odds of 2,02.

On 12/10/2023 at 3:46 AM, WuDu said:

Augsburg on the road is the typical opponent for the BVB to struggle with, especially after playing PSG at home during the week.

On 12/13/2023 at 11:26 PM, WuDu said:

Augsburg +0,5 down to 1,91. Don't see the BVB getting up for this game in 2,5 days.

On 12/15/2023 at 9:43 AM, WuDu said:

The BVB is playing Augsburg early on Saturday and I'm not getting fooled again, this is the typical game for the BVB to struggle and fuck up. No way they're motivated to play in 3 °C weather in freaking Augsburg after their good performance against PSG.

Augsburg +0,5 went from 2,02 down to 1,72 at Unibet.

giphy.gif

1:1, cannot even say that the BVB played poorly. Edin also not fucking up as usual over the past few weeks. Starting Brandt at the #6 next to Emre Can, bringing on Sammy Bamba for JBG were brave decisions. Fülle also with yet another assist and Malen was our best man today. Last week, Schlotti caused the goal by Poulsen, this week Demirovich made him his girlfriend ahead of the 1-0. 

giphy.gif

Such a game can happen, however putting the past performances into context, I think it's time for Edin to step down after the match on Tuesday. The BVB now with 1 win out of the past 7 Buli matches.

Next summer after the Euro, bring on Nagelsmann and rebuild this whole mess from the ground up. 

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Me, that's who!

I know, but you don't free pass from ballbusting with being realistic 😆 

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

, I think it's time for Edin to step down

Wow, things change fast. None had foodpoisoning yet from Edin's cooking, just bland seasoning but what can he do when he only has pinch of salt and sugar to use. January is good time for groceries.

To me bvb is performing at their level, as is shitty too

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Wow, things change fast.

Well, I'm not Stubby whose last bit of brain has been vaxxed away, I can see very clearly where this team is headed. The start of the season gave us good results, however the opponents were teams fighting relegation and/or being out of form.

Currently, the best ranked team Dortmund did beat this season is Hoffenheim at #6.

Dortmund played 7 teams currently ranked 10-18 with a record of 4 wins and 3 draws. 

Last season we had 1,3 goals per game against us. This season, Gregor Kobel has been the best player on the team and the best goalie in the league, yet we conceded 1,6 goals per game against us. 

However our goals scored went down from 2,4 to 1,9 per game.

Edin wanted to play "less sexy, more successful" :classic_wink:, well, the "less sexy" part has been accomplished...

What I'm absolutely not seeing is any kind of direction where the team is going. Yes, Edin brought the BVB back twice, winning the cup in 21 and almost winning the league in 23. However a lot of things he did this year simply don't make any sense.

50 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Edin's cooking, just bland seasoning but what can he do when he only has pinch of salt and sugar to use. January is good time for groceries.

Nobody forces him to ignore the other spices he has sitting there in the kitchen cabinet or substitute cinnamon for curry and wonder why the meal tastes a little weird. :classic_biggrin:

Edin needs to be fired along with consultant Matthias Sammer. Watzke has to stay the fuck away from the team and focus on the business side only. Then bring on Nagelsmann in the summer!

giphy.gif

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 12/16/2023 at 10:02 PM, WuDu said:

Edin needs to be fired along with consultant Matthias Sammer. Watzke has to stay the fuck away from the team and focus on the business side only.

image.png.ceb96e6d68c156e31d25a9d46a6daf51.png

Watzlenskyyy has lost it over the past few years, especially with him taking on more and more roles in German football and with the Bundesliga.

image.png.3dc09c4905fd282ea98408b263e5bf07.png

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:02 PM, WuDu said:

Edin wanted to play "less sexy, more successful" :classic_wink:, well, the "less sexy" part has been accomplished...What I'm absolutely not seeing is any kind of direction where the team is going. Yes, Edin brought the BVB back twice, winning the cup in 21 and almost winning the league in 23. However a lot of things he did this year simply don't make any sense.

Im with @Livertool Edin is cooking what he can. I dont you can expect much better play from this lot. The pure results are very good. Take the title choke away, Bellingham folding against Chelsea and he is top 5 coach in Europe. With this stain he must again prove himself, but IMO if BVB will let him loose in the wild im pretty sure some PL team will pick him up, maybe even Chelsea when they finally notice Maurizio is a total fraud. 

Who if not him? Is there even an idea there? With Schulz with this squad you are now 10th, same with Favre. Maybe Glassner, Adolf H? Here could be interesting, BVB would play nicer, score more but leak a lot of more goals.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

8 hours ago, jerry said:

Im with @Livertool Edin is cooking what he can. I dont you can expect much better play from this lot. The pure results are very good. Take the title choke away, Bellingham folding against Chelsea and he is top 5 coach in Europe.

giphy.gif

OK, do you guys think that Stuttgart has better individuals playing for them than the BVB?

Goalie Nübel, Bayern reject and former Smurf.

Anton and Karazor, used to be regular Buli players. 

Zagadou, BVB declined to extend his contract, was without a club for a few months.

Führich, former BVB 2 player.

Stiller, role player in Hoffenheim.

Ito, came from J2.

Mittelstädt, relegated with Hertha.

Guirassy and Undav also didn't have much of a market in the summer.

This team is currently 5,5 points ahead of the BVB. They scored 5 more goals and conceded 5 less than the BVB. Do you still think that Edin is cooking with limited ingredients? If he's top-5 in Europe, then what about Hoeness and Xabi Alonso?

8 hours ago, jerry said:

Who if not him? Is there even an idea there? With Schulz with this squad you are now 10th, same with Favre. Maybe Glassner, Adolf H? Here could be interesting, BVB would play nicer, score more but leak a lot of more goals.

Nagelsmann with the redemption project to piss of Bayern. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WuDu said:

Guirassy and Undav also didn't have much of a market in the summer.

Didnt realize Stuttgart is like Replacements movie :classic_biggrin: Dont kid ourselves, while Hoeness did amazing job, its mostly flying Guirassy. Either he will not fly that high next round or he will be gone. Dont think he or his agent is that stupid not to capitalize on this shot of form. Remember Piątek in Genoa and first few matches in Milan? Im many times wrong but i dont think Stuttgart is a problem for BVB and they are out of top 4 before april.

5 hours ago, WuDu said:

Do you still think that Edin is cooking with limited ingredients? If he's top-5 in Europe, then what about Hoeness and Xabi Alonso?

Stuttgart dont play midweek eurocups. Leverkusen is resting there best players, with playoffs there will be no such luxury. Lets be realistic, they are now on 12-3-0 record there is no way they will keep it up. Its Loserkusen after all. Also there were no main players injuries there, which i find very lucky. Maybe Edin's few draws could be wins, and one of two less losses. Being down from 13th points to 6-8 would be better, however in both seasons Edin is in BVB team went on winning streak at the end of season [bot times i believe where there no midweek playing] so top 4 its pretty safe most likely and i wouldnt rule out catching RB. 

btw just noticed Jessic Nkankam guy. Is Jessic name male version of Jessica :classic_biggrin::classic_laugh:

Edited by jerry
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Just watching Sporting-Porto and thinking isnt it funny that two next big thing strikers in Europe are buli rejects? One didnt make it in Wolfsburg [Osimhen], second one in St.Pauli [Gjokeres]. Second one looks, run and move so much like Haaland that is no way he was not on BVB radar. He would be so good there. Sporting will sell him for 80-100mln easy.

Oh and also :classic_biggrin:

https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/kritik-an-trainer-edin-terzic-wird-lauter/13033677/34130

Sky exclusive: Some of Borussia Dortmund's leading players have even sought dialogue with Hans-Joachim Watzke and informed him that further cooperation with Edin Terzic is not expedient. The players also don’t like the tactical approach (too defensive)

That escalated quickly...

spacer.png

Edited by jerry
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jerry said:

Sky exclusive: Some of Borussia Dortmund's leading players have even sought dialogue with Hans-Joachim Watzke and informed him that further cooperation with Edin Terzic is not expedient. The players also don’t like the tactical approach (too defensive)

image.png.89633ee7d24015332706be8b049baccd.png

Complete team leadership plus old captain Marco Reus demanding some answers from Edin. Rightfully so!

image.png.bcd636000868589d0dd60097198afde7.png

Wolodomyrrrr Watzke wants to keep going...

By the way, today and tomorrow is the final matchday of the year in the Bundesliga. No games this weekend and the Buli returns in 3,5 weeks. The BVB is even setting up training camp in Marbella in early January.

image.png.6303e30810c5096c24db680c24430e23.png

Pretty lame round if you ask me. Eindhoven with old BVB coach Peter Bosz is one of the easier teams to play against, however in Holland they're 16-0-0 with 56-6 goals. :classic_blink: I'm getting slight Glasgow Rangers vibes from two years ago when Veikkausliiga legend Morelos looked like an absolute beast against the BVB.

@Purps First match of the matchday is today at 6:30 PM in case you need to set your fantasy lineup. Speaking of which, have you seen the team that won the past matchday? Playing a 5-3-2 with no transfers over the past weeks. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 10:34 AM, WuDu said:

Do you still think that Edin is cooking with limited ingredients?

If only it was that easy, "Hoeness is doing better with weaker material so it must Edin's fault we ain't doing better." Sometimes things click with weaker material and sometimes teams buy top players for years but never get things moving right way.

21 hours ago, jerry said:

Stuttgart dont play midweek eurocups

This is one big difference.

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

Complete team leadership plus old captain Marco Reus demanding some answers from Edin. Rightfully so!

If players are the ones to decide how to play, should staff go in the field? 

Things don't look good when players turn against manager even worse if it is done with crying to bosses instead of dealing with Edin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Livertool said:

If only it was that easy, "Hoeness is doing better with weaker material so it must Edin's fault we ain't doing better." Sometimes things click with weaker material and sometimes teams buy top players for years but never get things moving right way.

Stuttgart played relegation games just 1/2 a year ago and also sold their "best" players Sosa, Endo and Mavropanos before the season. They did beat Dortmund twice in convincing fashion and no, playing during the week is not an excuse given the fact that the BVB's bench is looking much better on paper than Stuttgart's starters.

5 hours ago, Livertool said:

Things don't look good when players turn against manager even worse if it is done with crying to bosses instead of dealing with Edin.

Players went to Edin directly, meaning they care about the club and the performance. The BVB's DNA is playing with passion, playing offensively and incorporating young players. Edin is not only the coach, but obviously responsible for a huge part of the general strategy and the transfers involved.

image.png.580b5196c86e77d03e860f578fa3841a.png

EPL customers, what am I in for here? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7mln budget....Haaland/Bellingham vanished really fast. How much did you get for CL? Isnt it like 30-40? Im guessing if you pay 7mln a season for the kind of Sule,Brands,Reus,Hummels,Can money is going really fast...

This is the budget when you played Odonkor, Smolarek and Koller :classic_rolleyes: 

spacer.png

And Reguilon :classic_ninja: Guy who was everywhere a bust...

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.0729c51ef1161c2c40a5461be127ad0d.png

Schlotterbeck must have some nudes of Edin, no other way to explain this anymore. At least Brandt is playing at the #10.

48 minutes ago, jerry said:

7mln budget....Haaland/Bellingham vanished really fast.

The @jerry school of negotiations:

Immediately announce how much money you have and are willing to spend for best results!

😁

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

The BVB's DNA is playing with passion, playing offensively and incorporating young players.

So BVB manager job ad looks more or less like this:

Are you up to win trophies with limited budget while playing entertaining football and incorporating youngsters who we can sell when they become good? If you said yes to all then 

Screenshot_2023-12-19-20-14-14-060-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg.9934e2f2b478971057c0fb7410e1ace1.jpg

Must not be too big pile of applications coming in 😄

Don't know about Reguilon, must be some potential there based on clubs he has been but does it even matter? You should save that money and use it to make Stuttgart/Hoeness offer they can't refuse. I mean if he can do this good with total crap team then BVB should be champions under him, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

So BVB manager job ad looks more or less like this:

Are you up to win trophies with limited budget while playing entertaining football and incorporating youngsters who we can sell when they become good? 

Must not be too big pile of applications coming in 😄

giphy.gif

Challenge accepted!

Just one win over the past 8 Buli games. The only goal today was a beautiful free kick by Julian Brandt. I just cannot take Terrorzic-ball any longer.

This was the 5th year in a row where the BVB couldn't win the final match before the winter break.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Shades of FC Hollywood. Well, if Bayern is former so BVB is....Bollywood maybe :classic_biggrin:

Suffice to say im on #teamTerzic. I would kick all the coup leaders to BVB II or even release them. This thing you resolve with the coach not go and cry to the fookin CEO or media [someone gave them this and its not Edin]. Oh and first to cry is Reus, known leistungstraeger at BVB...

Cant wait what happen next

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 3:21 PM, jerry said:

Leverkusen is resting there best players, with playoffs there will be no such luxury. Lets be realistic, they are now on 12-3-0 record there is no way they will keep it up. Its Loserkusen after all. Also there were no main players injuries there, which i find very lucky.

giphy.gif

I'm demanding an apology!

Pretty boy Xabi today resting all the Africans, didn't matter...

Mutiny against Edin, lead by Marco Reus?

image.png.d2a0020ef5e5dd2931f37137aa16486f.png

image.png.1ba6fc05c557f12808a35f388cb6d4a0.png

image.thumb.png.761ad57fb1c4458c689bbe6327e32647.png

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1

Seems like Baumgart wants to quit in Köln. 

Edin out--> Baumgart to finish the year ---> Nagelsmann after the Euro. Nah, I don't see this happening, with my luck it's Edin out and Herr Flick in! Löw is also available...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Nagelsmann after the Euro. Nah, I don't see this happening

Why would he? Watzke won't pay enough salary, won't give enough chips to get players to fight against Munchen or to win cl so it would be professional suicide at this stage of his career.

I was thinking more like Rangnick 😆 but then remembered he is with Austria. 

But no worries if football business of Dortmund crumble down as clearly you have bright future with xmas carols. There must be enough people in the world who enjoy them through whole year to fill stadium weekly 🤭 

image.png.4a11ac28e1e00c0b25e796e5feb6e71a.png

We won't negotiate before we take back Crimea Edin will turn things around in the second half of the season. Watzlenskyy totally losing it with wishful thinking being a business strategy now.

This club is being run by idiots! Hopefully Leverkusen pulls through, eliminating all excuses...

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

Why would he? Watzke won't pay enough salary, won't give enough chips to get players to fight against Munchen or to win cl so it would be professional suicide at this stage of his career.

Nagelsmann having offers from Bayern, Shitty, Real, PSG, Barca that I haven't heard from? No other clubs are above the BVB. Unless you consider train wrecks like ManU or Chelsea as well. That would be professional suicide.

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

I was thinking more like Rangnick 😆 but then remembered he is with Austria. 

Rangnick, as I told you multiple times, is good when you want to build something form nothing and are content with not really competing for the very top. He wouldn't work at the BVB.

The BVB starts the year against Darmstadt, Köln, Bochum and Heidenheim. Please guys, if we get out of these matches with 2 wins and 2 draws or so, I don't want to hear any "I told you so" or #LetEdinCook...

22 minutes ago, WuDu said:

The BVB starts the year against Darmstadt, Köln, Bochum and Heidenheim. Please guys, if we get out of these matches with 2 wins and 2 draws or so, I don't want to hear any "I told you so" or ...

Four wins, maybe one hiccup at Koeln, and if BVB prevail PSV Edin is staying. 

Its maybe mandela effect but i remember you were fan of #LetEdinCook. What gives? When this changed? RedBull was bad luck, without the card youre not losing, Ausgburg away always toughgame with Mainz team have mental block, Eintracht sometimes at home play like City, so a draw is also fine. Results are mostly very good. You have no team to expect 12-3-0 record. As for dire football you just cant control the game with Can in the middle and Hummels at the back. 

Didnt he was announced as the savior who will stay for years? At Reddit [maybe not the best source but still one] you can see that majority of fanbase is giving Edin the middle finger. Its a bit too soon, and i really feel this wouldnt happen if not for the losing the title.

Nagelsmann is likely bound to Chelsea/ManU but my pick would be Liverpool after Klopp refusing to work without Salah after this summer :classic_biggrin: Maybe if Germany will lose all games. Read that he is on 7mln at DFB and BVB is paying this to almost everyone bar cleaning stuff so its at least financially viable...

Whats with that superleague s h i t ?

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Edin will turn things around in the second half of the season

I agree with you, he won't or then he really is very awesome manager if he manages to first weld team up after that mutiny and on top of that fix style of play and results up to your standards...or should we say unrealistic expectations.

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Nagelsmann having offers from Bayern, Shitty, Real, PSG, Barca that I haven't heard from? No other clubs are above the BVB. Unless you consider train wrecks like ManU or Chelsea as well. That would be professional suicide.

Ain't his agent so i don't know but with his CV i am sure there are lots of possibilities. Up to date no extension for Ancelotti so he might be gone next summer, what happens to Xavi if Barca fail to finish at top 4, ManU, Chelsea might be suicide but something draw players/managers to die in those teams every season.

42 minutes ago, jerry said:

my pick would be Liverpool

Not bad pick imo IF Pool wins PL or at least EL. Thou Klopp has lots of contract left, he has also made clear that he has other plans than being club manager for rest of his life so leaving at top wouldn't be surprise. He has also mentioned interest of coaching Germany, switcheroo with Nagel could be viable option. 

Having said that, my favourite pick out of PL teams is Newcastle as i don't see Howe to get extension, they got good base to build and money or hitting transfer limits ain't issue.

Don't know how eager Nagel is coming to PL thou, upcoming seasons there could be easily 7-8 teams fighting for trophy and cl positions, way more easier path to glory and fame available in other leagues.

35 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Not bad pick imo IF Pool wins PL or at least EL. Thou Klopp has lots of contract left, he has also made clear that he has other plans than being club manager for rest of his life so leaving at top wouldn't be surprise. He has also mentioned interest of coaching Germany, switcheroo with Nagel could be viable option. 

IMO its 90% sure. Second fav is Leverkusen and they didnt win anything forever so maybe final with Liverpool, nothing more. Then Milan,Brighton,WestHam,Roma, Benfica,Atalanta. So yeah i will be amazed if Liverpool dont win EL. However things can get sticky in the PL title fight and Klopp might try to win EL with Elliott and Gravenberch. Then its diffrent story...That said 3,25 still have some value. I made the bets some time ago with 4 odd.

• Like 1