Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Hannover 96 legends Joselu and Füllkrug playing in the UCL final! 

Confused James Franco GIF

And of course the Polski ref had to fuck things up in the end!

A loss to Real wouldn't hurt as much as a loss to Bayern, however Real looks beatable. Maybe Lord Edin can sell another family member to the devil and we'll be marching on! If the BVB wins, the Buli will have 6 UCL starters next year! Totally deserved as it's by far the best league in Europe! 

Marco Reus' final match of his BVB career! Bellingham vs the BVB! Sancho vs Bellingham!

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

56 minutes ago, jerry said:

Why are you subbing your best players when overtime is even remotely possible

Don't get it either. But kudos for Real for turning tight matches again and again in their favour. Beginning to look like that only way to beat them would be getting 3-4 goals ahead, good luck for BVB trying it 😄

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

If Edin's masterplan was to set up a team that can match up against UCL clubs that are stronger on paper yet cannot control the game against weaker teams in the league, then I have to say "Sorry, Lord Edin, you're a tactical genius".

Once again, don't believe that any manager could have done better with squad you got, most of managers not even close. Buli title down the wire last season and cl final this season is better than good achievement.

• Like 1

image.png.68014f0488219b5b8f962a66a8e31ea7.png

3 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Once again, don't believe that any manager could have done better with squad you got, most of managers not even close. Buli title down the wire last season and cl final this season is better than good achievement.

Elite goalie? Michael Buble Check GIF by bubly

Elite CBs? Checking Season 2 Episode 1 GIF by Best in Miniature

Elite defensive RB? Mission Accomplished Success GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Then we have Sancho, Brandt, Sabitzer, Malen, Maatsen who are top class players.

My only hope is that we win it now and Edin then steps down. Otherwise it's #EdinForever. Cup win in 21, almost won the Buli in 23, UCL final in 24.

• Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Posted (edited)

The one i can only discuss if he is elite is Kobel. Like i said once he is also a sentimental pick since if you exchange first letter of his last name you get mine :classic_biggrin::classic_ohmy:

Anyway he left me with bitter taste after throwing away Chelsea games and not helping with the title so its so so for me. I would not rate him in top5[Ter Stegen,Boris Becker illegitimate son,Ederson,Onana :classic_biggrin:,Neuer,Oblak in that order plus Courtouis from year or two before would be third] but maybe top10.

The rest?

spacer.png

Edited by jerry
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

1 hour ago, jerry said:

I would not rate him in top5[Ter Stegen,Boris Becker illegitimate son,Ederson,Onana :classic_biggrin:,Neuer,Oblak in that order plus Courtouis from year or two before would be third] but maybe top10.

The rest?

spacer.png

Again, this is not about transfermarkt, Fifa or highlights on TikTok. Which defender played better than Hummels did against PSG? Same for Schlotte, just look at his pass to Fülle for the goal in Dortmund. Similar situation with Ryerson, sure there's not that much offensively, however to me a defender should defend first and foremost. That's his role in the team. If his name was Juliano Ryersinho, you'd write about Liverpool getting him for 40 M Euros. :classic_biggrin:

Posted (edited)

Nah Ryersinho and Maatsinho are a bit too fragile/weak physically now for PL. But they are goin up so maybe after another year, feels like both have big reserves, one offensive second defensive although with Maatsen it really feels he is bit too short for top club.

Edin is just doin amazing things with those bunch. My take you have fourth squad in Buli. Leverkusen was behind you but Alonso upped every player so they are higher than you. Then is RB with slightly better players [or maybe just deeper squad] but sh i t tty coach. Yeah you could do in buli with 8-10 more points and better run in Pokal but would you exchanche those two failures for CL final? I mean cmon, Edin at this point will get statue in Dortmund. If not for that last game last season he would be already a legend.

edit: Xabi is just now sh i tting the bed in Europa. Why Wirtz is only on bench, what is this????????

Edited by jerry
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, jerry said:

edit: Xabi is just now sh i tting the bed in Europa. Why Wirtz is only on bench, what is this????????

APOLOGIZE!

image.thumb.png.fa3d76e584e42915d721dba8fd566ee3.png

Nah Ryersinho... are a bit too fragile/weak physically now for PL.

You should watch the games again. Dude is like a pitbull who never stops. Reminds me a little bit of Pischu who was underrated as well.

I mean cmon, Edin at this point will get statue in Dortmund. If not for that last game last season he would be already a legend.

Yes, if he wins it, he'll get a statue, no doubt. However the question is whether we're that good in the UCL because of or despite Edin. Again, the roster is not as bad as you make it sound.

Do you really want to tell me that Red Bull has a better defense than the BVB right now? Not 4 weeks ago, not in 12 months, right now. I don't think so.

Right now, is there a better 1 on 1 player than Sancho in the Buli? I don't think so. 

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1

Isnt this wild? BVB in CL final, next year Clubs World Cup for another 50mln and they are making....CUTS. Cant argue that many if not all players are overpaid but isnt the now the moment you can go near Bayern economically getting the salaries even higher? Is Bayern really getting that much more from sugar daddies that BVB and the rest not even thinking of chasing them? Is there better moment to make some statement transfers that you wanna be top club not second tier?

If this was CM i would already had 2 big free transfers in the pipeline plus one or two big money transfers plus at least 3-5 top prospects. Investing at least 50% if not more of this incoming money, paying players and for players more. BVB are making cuts, they earned more than 100 from CL alone and 6mln a year for Reus is still a big problem...Give me a f. break...

Who is syphoning money out of here? It really feels that one miss at CL + some transfer flops and BVB will go down the Schalke path. What we will read next year? That BVB in big debt and still not recovered from covid and will sell BVB studios? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jerry said:

Isnt this wild? BVB in CL final, next year Clubs World Cup for another 50mln and they are making....CUTS. Cant argue that many if not all players are overpaid but isnt the now the moment you can go near Bayern economically getting the salaries even higher? Is Bayern really getting that much more from sugar daddies that BVB and the rest not even thinking of chasing them? Is there better moment to make some statement transfers that you wanna be top club not second tier?

@jerry: "Most of the BVB players are earning too much!"

Also @jerry:" HOW DARE THEY MAKE SALARY CUTS?????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!!!!111!!"

😀

Reus and Wolf together accumulate for 12 M Euros. Meunier was earning 8 or so (4 M since he was sent to Turkey in the winter). That's 16 M at least gone, performance boni excluded. Old Man Moukoko makes 6 M, that could be trimmed easily as well. What does Malen earn? 5-6 M? If we sell him, we save here as well. The reducing salaries issue is overrated.

B-b-b-b-b-but the BVB needs to spend more money.

Here We Go Again GIF

Looking at ManU, Lidlpool, Chelsea or Bayern this season, spending money isn't the problem, it's about making sound investments. The BVB needs to find and develop the next Sancho, Haaland, Bellingham, Dembele, Lewy; players we cannot get on the open market. That's why the return of Mislintat is so important. Just let him cook!

-------------

The BVB mailing it in vs Mainz today and Union losing to Köln after leading 2-0.

image.png.a05465448733139924f815d19114493e.png

Edited by WuDu

image.png.01698d867d68fdca56919fc7eae32c0c.png

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office

Xabi? Declined.

Nagelsmann? Declined.

Rangnick? Declined.

Glasner? Stuck at CP.

De Zebra and Herr Flick? So-so...

Hey Tommy, why don't you just stay after we fired you 3 months ago....:classic_biggrin:

Hopefully our double agent can stay at the club and finally spend some money during the next transfer window.

And now Tommy T also declined to keep on working. Bayern still without a coach.

Final matchday of the season, I'm probably skipping this one as well. Loldecky will get the Buli trophy today: 

Finland GIF by Eurovision Song Contest

Leverkusen going for the unbeaten Buli season today vs Augsburg, however they play Bergamo on Wednesday and the Cup final next Saturday.

The BVB is saying goodbye to Marco Reus at home vs Darmstadt.

The relegation battle could be interesting but I don't care...

On 12/05/2024 at 11:04, Livertool said:

BVB owners

wwdyd550ibh91.gif.0e3c11b69fecfae7b395d7c33afdace1.gif

140 M Euros for the BVB so far in this season's UCL. There are now rumours that we're after Guirassy. If we can get rid of Haller and Grandpa Mouki, then we might even save money with this move. Then we need to spend on Maatsen and Sancho, a CB if Hummels leaves, a#6 and a new RB.

They said no foreign money and league is more interesting.#leaguewonmonthsbeforeseasonends

They said foreign money gives unfair advantage. #twoteamsateurofinals

They said Edin must be sacked. #clwinner?

Well well well

Interesting choise from RB going with Pool assistant coach. Then again, shitty leagues can be won with 2nd class managers 😄

4 hours ago, Livertool said:

Interesting choise from RB going with Pool assistant coach. Then again, shitty leagues can be won with 2nd class managers 😄

Finland used to be the #1 country in PISA and now this...:classic_biggrin: Salzburg is in Austria.

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office

Leverkusen unbeaten, Stuttgart finishing 2nd, Heidenheim likely playing in Europe next season. Bochum vs Düsseldorf playing relegation games. 

The 2nd Buli will be stacked with big names next season:

Köln, Smurfs, Hertha (fired Pal, again), Hamburg, Hannover, Düsseldorf/Bochum. Next to former Buli clubs like Paderborn, Fürth, Nürnberg or even Kaiserslautern.

12 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Salzburg is in Austria.

Ok, my mistake, didn't check things further. Didn't think in league of no foreign money could have same team abroad. Well it is what it is 😄

Posted (edited)

I think i shifted into some weird reality. Kompany to Bayern [and they will pay for him:classic_laugh:], Johannes Herr Flick to Barcelona :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: Poch finally string few good results and is out, Leverkusen with worst final performance ive seen in years, whats next Germany will win Euro?

Kompany in Burnley was flying in Championship [also thx to Maatsen] and he tried to play the same football in PL. I could understand that in first 10-15 matches but down further it was stupid and Burnley already in December was sure to be relegated. I dont really understand why they didnt sack him [maybe to seel him for 10-20mln to Bayern:classic_laugh:]. Its seems he is not flexible and just sticks to his way of playing no matter the results. I heard that somewhere, Tuchel WAS THE SAME :classic_biggrin::classic_rolleyes::classic_love:

Same level cringe as Flick speeches. Maybe thats what Bayern needs :classic_ninja:

Edited by jerry
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, jerry said:

I think i shifted into some weird reality. Kompany to Bayern [and they will pay for him:classic_laugh:], Johannes Herr Flick to Barcelona :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: 

image.png.dd38dda9f0364fda4746401f45a95be0.png

Remember when Niko Kovac was coaching Bayern and James Rodriguez (of all people) rebuffed him with "You're not in Frankfurt anymore"? :classic_biggrin: But hey, Bayern imploding is a good thing for the league...

How Herr Flick is getting any job consideration after the Amazon docu is beyond me...

• Haha 1

On 18/07/2023 at 17:48, Livertool said:

What the fking communism shit is this? @WuDu ANSWERS AND FAST!!!!!

https://fortunafueralle.de/en.html

image.thumb.png.d4d22be0a69e79a5ecbb2eb66b2c63ab.png

@Livertool APOLOGIZE!

A few years ago, Tzolis was linked to the BVB when he was still in Greece. What a player! I doubt that he'll be going back to freaking Norwich.

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

Gotta say for 18M he would be awesome steal but would be surprised if price don't get over 25M which would drop stingy BVB out of race.

#RIPFinnishEducation

You don't know how an opt-out clause works? :classic_biggrin:

Question is what Guirassy wants as signing fee. But as I mentioned earlier, the BVB took in almost 140 M Euro during this UCL season. They qualified for next year's UCL and the Club WC in 2025. However the Club WC and the Africa Cup are both scheduled for June/July 2025.

If we can get rid of Haller and Mouki, this should even net us some extra money.

image.png.e76bfa7e8510041c552de58d65aece5d.png

Unbelievable! The grey goose flys again and LOLzzzz will be had! :classic_biggrin:

image.png.e52a4fc81ffaad3af1d458e326719c00.png

10-15 M for Kompany...

Baby Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Loldecky will be starting tomorrow in the cup final.

• Haha 1

Yeah, really badly wrote 😆 

What i meant in the end was that some competition expected for such low release clause and stingy as BVB is known i doubt they will win. Then again if competition is only between buli clubs, BVB chances of getting him improves.

49 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Unbelievable! The grey goose flys again and LOLzzzz will be had! :classic_biggrin:

I don't how these clubs are run, Bayern all over the place and now Barca first begged Xavi to stay just to kick him out few moments later 😂

I would had better understanding Brentford's Frank then Kompany to be honest, even if Dane is more counter afficionado. In Anderlecht Vinnie failed miserably. Team was in bad state but still its team with biggest budget and he got all the players he want and still they fell behind. He conflicted half the team [if you saw that twitter post it wasnt hard] and fooked off to Burnley. That first place was kinda impressive but when youu look harder that was one of the weakest championship lineups. Then he spend 100mln only to never be in contention for staying in PL. 

I dont know maybe if he is cheap, short contract, as a stopgap but its weird appointment. I feel there are many better coaches, even if we dont consider Poch and De Zebra. He strike me as a bit buffoon and i think sooner than later we will have unhappy players in Bayern. Then Uli turns red and game over :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

borussia dortmund GIF by Bundesliga

8rjsyn.jpg