Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

On 2/23/2024 at 10:46 AM, WuDu said:

Hoffenheim at home is the last easy opponent

image.gif.c6e34431444c3eb558612ee22d0b1a25.gif

15 hours ago, WuDu said:

The BVB is playing Hoffenheim on Sunday and this game will likely put you to sleep.

image.png.8af267dfa0e19f767ad8151bea9ef34b.png

:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 2

@Purps

giphy.gif

B-b-b-b-b-b-but we had more xGoals!

The game was entertaining though, however Hoffenheim wasn't really that strong. If this team gives us problems, things won't get easier.

Terror-Edin playing with Can - Schlotti as CBs and Sabitzer as the only #6 and then conceding 3 stupid goals should be enough to get fired on the spot.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I'm getting eye cancer from this dark mode!

image.thumb.png.cd8df58e81d45aa55d390cc9debea242.png

Bayern phoning it in now, it seems! RIP to @jerry's UCL bets!

So who's getting fired first? Edin or Tommy?

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

All sorts of rumours running wild atm (most don't make any sense to me)both in player and manager markets.

Malen apparently would like to move back to Arse. Ok, that is not so strange as he has done fine so maybe Arse could have some interest for him but regarding to rumours they are also after Mudryk 🤣 What brings some credibilty to it is that they already bought another flop from Chelsea in form of Havertz so who knows... Sad to see Arse going this way as they used to do reasonable transfers but now they seem to buy players just for fun of it.

BM wants to buy Dier at summer? Already said with loan transfer that he ain't player for top team and results don't give any indication that he has made team better.

Good chance that Newcastle and Manu also joining manager hunt after season, nothing surprising there overall but i thought Ten inch managed to secure his position when they had good streak of results and they didn't sack him already at year change. Barca would like to get DZ but they don't want to pay full amount of release clause, yeah like that is going to happen atm with so many teams looking for manager and how broke are they if 10M-15M is too much?

Interesting situation when not enough good managers available to be bought just with big money so teams have to do good job with scouting...who will end up with shortest straw? My money would go to ManU 🤣

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Malen apparently would like to move back to Arse. Ok, that is not so strange as he has done fine so maybe Arse could have some interest for him but regarding to rumours they are also after Mudryk 🤣 What brings some credibilty to it is that they already bought another flop from Chelsea in form of Havertz so who knows

Arsenal, Pool, ManU, all interested in Donny Malen. Well, well, well, I don't know whether 75 M + boni is enough here. 9 goals last season, 10 already this season. Mudryk set the market here, buddy.

Speaking of which, I remember when Leverkusen thought "here we go" in the summer of 22 for 20 M or so. Deal falls apart and in the winter he suddenly costs 70 M. :classic_biggrin:

The BVB fanbase is now unhappy with everybody, except Malen. :classic_biggrin: Even Sancho is getting criticized and I'm wondering what these guys expected? His performance was OK considering his long inactivity and his muscle injury.

Today we play vs Union and I have a very bad feeling here. No BVB player in fantasy.

Dier's contract extended automatically due to his playing time. This will be funny as well for next year: Dier and Guerreiro are Tuchel's players. Same for Boey. All in all, the perfect example of a double agent destroying a club from the inside.

55 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Interesting situation when not enough good managers available to be bought just with big money so teams have to do good job with scouting...who will end up with shortest straw? My money would go to ManU 🤣

Extend Ten Hag and the future is golden! I think Tuchel will go back to England, so he can get fired by Pool in 18 months. Hopefully we'll be getting Nagelsmann! Don't forget, he left his wife and kids for Ms Wurzenberger, so he cannot relocate his family to the UK. 

My question still remains: Edin or Tuchel, who'll be fired first?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Mudryk set the market here, buddy.

I didn't even remember until i read that Arse rumour that his contract with Chelsea is until 2031!!! 🤣 

He might not have greatest wage out there but he don't have skills either that others have who make 44M during contract. Hands down that is worst transfer/contract that any club has ever done and probly will ever do and all of that more or less based on Mudryk's good performance over few cl matches. Amazing.

55 minutes ago, WuDu said:

I don't know whether 75 M + boni is enough here. 9 goals last season, 10 already this season. Mudryk set the market here, buddy.

Not this again... I reckon you have to do at least Lidl discount on him:

Screenshot_2024-03-02-11-07-00-146.thumb.png.6a20b4696733a1ff57f0cde2f85828ff.png

or are these just perks that finns can enjoy? On the other hand, one cent off ain't bad if you really enjoy your kebab and plan to buy million of them 😄

But got to admit that as optimistic you are for Malen transfer amount, nothing to compare with ManU hopes with Sancho: https://www.goal.com/en-cm/lists/revealed-man-utd-set-final-jadon-sancho-asking-price-summer-transfer-window-rules-borussia-dortmund-out/blte9087f0826b9d119#csc329aee7b686a172 

50M??? Said before BVB move that 20-25M was reasonable value for him back then and now due his poor performance it ain't even that. Ofc don't mean that some team with deep pockets couldn't pay 50 or even 100M to get him but not realistic at all.

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

My question still remains: Edin or Tuchel, who'll be fired first?

I'd say Edin. Nuri takes over for rest of season and based on results and performance they consider again after season do you continue with him or not.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

Too bad, i would loved to see that...maybe ManU offers him a deal 😛

Barca is so poor that they cannot afford to watch All or Nothing and are too stupid to pirate it:

image.png.4cd3ee72889a875dedd585a27a7e3d8f.png

The grey goose flies again! :classic_biggrin:

So, Tommy T to Lidlpool confirmed?

10 hours ago, Livertool said:

50M??? Said before BVB move that 20-25M was reasonable value for him back then and now due his poor performance it ain't even that. Ofc don't mean that some team with deep pockets couldn't pay 50 or even 100M to get him but not realistic at all.

I said it before, bringing in Sancho for just half a year is dumb, because you need time to get him back in form. So his current performance has to be put in perspective. Again, it depends on what Sancho wants. Does he want to play football at a high level or does he want to collect a huge paycheck?

Screenshot_2024-03-02-11-07-00-146.thumb.png.6a20b4696733a1ff57f0cde2f85828ff.png

or are these just perks that finns can enjoy? On the other hand, one cent off ain't bad if you really enjoy your kebab and plan to buy million of them 😄

I think the Lidl grill kebab is the bigger issue here compared to the 1 cent "discount". :classic_biggrin:

image.png.6198ef53b7a5161f5016a72bbbaf7f49.png

The BVB still has to play all the other top-6 teams. The win against Union was pretty boring. In the end, a great goal by the Albanian Milfhunter and Maatsen with another superb effort were enough.  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, WuDu said:

Tommy T to Lidlpool confirmed?

Oh, how you wish 😄 Get ready for disappointment. But maybe Stevie G? Last pl visit wasn't that succesful but now that he has sucked knowledge and experience from best league in the world he could be ready? 🤣 

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

said it before, bringing in Sancho for just half a year is dumb, because you need time to get him back in form. So his current performance has to be put in perspective. Again, it depends on what Sancho wants. Does he want to play football at a high level or does he want to collect a huge paycheck?

Sure, hence i suggested that you buy him instead of loaning. We are getting so late in the season that you would be better of benching him already as he does nothing good in field atm and no point of getting him back in the form anymore. Better to give your own players playtime who you are planning use in the future too.

Anybody seen the end of Valencia-Real?

giphy.gif

Just by looking at the ref, I was getting serious PTSD! So I checked his games and he was the clown that gave the ridiculous handball for PSG in the UCL match against the BVB. The first game, where Edin was parking the bus and the BVB then lost 2-0 in Paris. 

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

Oh, how you wish 😄 Get ready for disappointment.

I don't want to ruin your Sunday, however Daddy Wirtz gave an interview this week saying that he expects his son to stay at Leverkusen for the next 2 (!!!!) years. I get the feeling that Alonso is staying as well and trying to make a name for himself with this team in the UCL next season. Tommy T or Herr Flick it'll be for you...

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

Sure, hence i suggested that you buy him instead of loaning. We are getting so late in the season that you would be better of benching him already as he does nothing good in field atm and no point of getting him back in the form anymore. Better to give your own players playtime who you are planning use in the future too.

This is not FIFA. Sancho isn't really falling off, Edin just has no clue about getting him involved. Give him playing time and the results will come.

Bayern playing on Tuesday vs Lazio. This could be it for Tommy, not that he really cares anymore...:classic_biggrin:

Edited by WuDu

44 minutes ago, WuDu said:

however Daddy Wirtz gave an interview this week saying that he expects his son to stay at Leverkusen for the next 2 (!!!!) years. I get the feeling that Alonso is staying as well and trying to make a name for himself with this team in the UCL next season

Read somewhere that there is a good chance that Alonso and Wirtz will pick same destination for next season and if both things mentioned here are true then Alonso most likely will be staying too...like said, i got no problem with it. For Leverkusen fans sake i would even hope that is the case.

48 minutes ago, WuDu said:

don't want to ruin your Sunday

Won't be ruined nor any other day no matter who will be the next manager, with some it might be getting way more interesting than others and not necessarily in good way 🥶 

Overall, just as long as they choose manager that has any understanding for football, Liverpool should be safe for next season. Klopp has been there so long implementing his tactics that they should be in spine of players and other staff very well so as long as new manager don't change things too much upon his arrival and go with the flow with something that has proven to be working things should be fine. Another thing will be how new manager can build team for future when inevitably players must be changed to new ones. Hence i've been rooting for DZ cause his tactics ain't that different from Klopp's so it should be good match from the start, Alonsomis bigger question mark for me as i haven't seen their matches and he is more inexperienced.

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Sancho isn't really falling off, Edin just has no clue about getting him involved. Give him playing time and the results will come.

Posted about this already earlier with video but youtube took it down, here is pretty much same thing purely on numbers. As comparison Adeyemi who in my head is the one whose playtime is mostly taken away by Sancho and if that is right, i would choose my own guy over loanee with no future in the club 100 times out of 100.

https://footystats.org/players/england/jadon-sancho

https://footystats.org/players/germany/karim-adeyemi

22 hours ago, Livertool said:

Posted about this already earlier with video but youtube took it down, here is pretty much same thing purely on numbers. As comparison Adeyemi who in my head is the one whose playtime is mostly taken away by Sancho and if that is right, i would choose my own guy over loanee with no future in the club 100 times out of 100.

GM Kehl was on TV yesterday answering questions about the BVB. Of course, similar to politicians talking about engineers and astronauts, you have to read between the lines a lot and look for what he's not mentioning. He made some interesting statements about Maatsen and Sancho, similar to what I'm telling you guys all the time. The BVB is interested in bringing them back if the price is right. Selling Malen for 75 M plus boni to Pool/ManU/Arse would be enough. In addition to that, we also saved some Euros here and there with Meunier, Gio, Blank, Rijkhoff.

So I don't think that Sancho has no future at the club, it might however be a little bit complicated. Having said that, without Sancho the depth chart for our wingers looked like this:

Adeyemi (Bynoe-Gittens)-                           Malen (Duranville)

Adeyemi suffers from pacey black guy syndrome: A lot of muscle injuries.

Bynoe-Gittens suffers from Katy Perry syndrome: Hot'n'Cold. Also not really working back on defense.

Malen cannot play all the minutes. 

Duranville is still growing.

Bynoe-Gittens is the only one really suffering from Sancho being there, however with 5 changes per game, there's plenty of time for him to get in, especially once we have to play all the big teams from mid March to mid April.

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Katy Perry syndrome: Hot'n'Cold

That is funny, will be stealing it on my own use (and claim that i came up with it) 😄

56 minutes ago, WuDu said:

He made some interesting statements about Maatsen and Sancho, similar to what I'm telling you guys all the time. The BVB is interested in bringing them back if the price is right. 

Ok, might be it. Not saying anything about Maatsen since according to you he has been good but Sancho is story of his own, in my mind as loanee he should bring something extra in to field, like Maatsen, in order to take playtime out of your own players and so far no indication of such thing, not the little what i've seen him playing nor in the stats either.

So i find it little bit weird that he is still starter all the time, only explanation i could come up was that there is some amount of minutes quaranteed in loan agreement or then Edin & Watzke are too embarrassed to bench him thou they realize they made bad deal. People might start to ask wrong questions if high wage man is loaned to not play when otherwise you run team with quite tight financials.

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2024 at 10:44 PM, WuDu said:

Spoiler

Przechwytywanie.thumb.PNG.2f59a0bbb75cb6af9ebe0be6fb1aadf8.PNG

Not saying anything about Maatsen since according to you he has been good but Sancho is story of his own...

Maatsen deal is ok only if they agreed a buy option. As its is BVB is giving play time to Chelsea's player and on top of that they PAY FOR IT. However BVB needed some body and Maatsen is very usefull and could be very much vital to defending top4 so maybe its financially ok deal. It similar deal to Carlos Alvarez with Juve who loaned Championship player with no buy option. Seem like its next step in premier leauge conquering Europe. 

Maatsen is PL quality player and homegrown [fair play rules] so he is worth a lot for Chelsea. There is no way he will go below 40-45 with guys like Hall or Livramento going for 30+. BVB with their outgoings should easily afford that kind of deals but as we know they dont. Probably the only chance he will stay in Buli if Bayern hijacked the guy.

Sancho's deal is terrible one. Just nostalgia hit for BVB board :classic_biggrin: BVB is paying a lot for 6months and yet he is nowhere seen, with Union BVB played with 10men and Terzic still grind the win. DOnt see him staying in this form+his wages. 

On 3/1/2024 at 10:44 PM, WuDu said:

Bayern phoning it in now, it seems! RIP to @jerry's UCL bets!

So who's getting fired first? Edin or Tommy?

I think they will go past Lazio. Italians are in terrible form but they probably have that one lucky goal in them. So its still like 70-30 for Bayern but we will see. Have zero trust in Bayern now, some bet on Lazio will be most likely placed [maybe after 10mins if Bayern dont score early]

Again i'm baffled with Edin-hate. Just another game won where with Rose and 95% of other Buli trainers you would not won it, and top of it without Malen and with passenger Sancho. BVB under Terzic just knows how to win. With Rose you would be second year without CL and probably financially bankrupt. If you dont go past PSV, then yeah it will be a stain, but otherwise he is doing amazing job. 

And with Tommy what if he will win CL to fook off :classic_biggrin: He did it with Chelsea in similar situation. League was lost and he just focused on CL. And those 10 points are huge gap but it still Leverkusen :classic_biggrin: Now its 90-10 they will win it but all you need is some two match losing streak and game is on.

Edited by jerry
  • Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

11 hours ago, Livertool said:

That is funny, will be stealing it on my own use (and claim that i came up with it) 😄

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Livertool said:

Ok, might be it. Not saying anything about Maatsen since according to you he has been good but Sancho is story of his own, in my mind as loanee he should bring something extra in to field, like Maatsen, in order to take playtime out of your own players and so far no indication of such thing, not the little what i've seen him playing nor in the stats either.

So i find it little bit weird that he is still starter all the time, only explanation i could come up was that there is some amount of minutes quaranteed in loan agreement or then Edin & Watzke are too embarrassed to bench him thou they realize they made bad deal. People might start to ask wrong questions if high wage man is loaned to not play when otherwise you run team with quite tight financials.

Again, we're talking about Sancho, Adeyemi and Malen for two winger positions. Adeyemi has been injured so far and scored his first goal of the season against Union. So far we didn't even have the luxury of sitting one of the other to give Sancho preferential treatment. Against Werder on Saturday all three players seem to be fit together for the first time. However then there's also the chance of e.g. Sancho coming off the bench vs Werder and then starting vs PSV and so on.

53 minutes ago, jerry said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maatsen deal is ok only if they agreed a buy option. As its is BVB is giving play time to Chelsea's player and on top of that they PAY FOR IT. However BVB needed some body and Maatsen is very usefull and could be very much vital to defending top4 so maybe its financially ok deal. It similar deal to Carlos Alvarez with Juve who loaned Championship player with no buy option. Seem like its next step in premier leauge conquering Europe. 

Maatsen is PL quality player and homegrown [fair play rules] so he is worth a lot for Chelsea. There is no way he will go below 40-45 with guys like Hall or Livramento going for 30+. BVB with their outgoings should easily afford that kind of deals but as we know they dont. Probably the only chance he will stay in Buli if Bayern hijacked the guy.

Maatsen is a good player, but so far he played well against the crappy teams. Kicker graded him 5,0 (1,0 is the best, 6,0 is the worst) against PSV, so we'll have to see how he does vs PSV, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Red Bull, Bayern and Leverkusen.

59 minutes ago, jerry said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Again i'm baffled with Edin-hate. Just another game won where with Rose and 95% of other Buli trainers you would not won it, and top of it without Malen and with passenger Sancho. BVB under Terzic just knows how to win. With Rose you would be second year without CL and probably financially bankrupt. If you dont go past PSV, then yeah it will be a stain, but otherwise he is doing amazing job. 

I'm watching every BVB game and let me tell you, it's all Edin's fault. We're 20 points behind Leverkusen and 6 points behind Stuttgart. Stuttgart was playing relegation games last season and lost Sosa, Mavropanos and Endo. The team is winning despite Edin, not because of him.

1 hour ago, jerry said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think they will go past Lazio. Italians are in terrible form but they probably have that one lucky goal in them. So its still like 70-30 for Bayern but we will see. Have zero trust in Bayern now, some bet on Lazio will be most likely placed [maybe after 10mins if Bayern dont score early]

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jerry said:

And with Tommy what if he will win CL to fook off :classic_biggrin: He did it with Chelsea in similar situation. League was lost and he just focused on CL.

Agree with lot what you are saying but don't matter if Tommy will luck out at CL again. Everyone who saw match knows that they were shit and they would lost 9/10 of them, just happened to be that 1 time when all went right for Chelsea.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, WuDu said:

I'm watching every BVB game and let me tell you, it's all Edin's fault.

Who you do reckon that would have taken to glory with squad you got???

Self-deception is the ultimate f up you can make 😉

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Agree with lot what you are saying but don't matter if Tommy will luck out at CL again. Everyone who saw match knows that they were shit and they would lost 9/10 of them, just happened to be that 1 time when all went right for Chelsea.

I dont agree, think they would won at least 5 if not one more. Guardiola went crazy before the game. De Bruyne/Gundogan didnt know what to do in this formation, Sterling was pocketed by James, and most of all no defensive midfielder which killed all the fluidity. No Rodri [granted not the beast Rodri is now] or Fernandinho. I mean WTF, too much coke before the game most likely. City was passing but nothing comes from this. One shot at goal vs two from Chelsea. Very even game with most people giving the advantage to Chelsea. So i dont believe in 1 in 10 games. Kante was playing out of his mind [best runner in history of football or doped up? :classic_biggrin:] also whole Chelsea backline was flawless. They deserved that title.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

9 hours ago, Livertool said:

Who you do reckon that would have taken to glory with squad you got???

You mean the same Edin who used to be Technical Director in 21/22 and was heavily involved in planning the squad in 22/23 and 23/24 as well? The same Edin who refused Edson Alvarez, yet wanted to extend Emre Can? The same Edin that refuses to come up with a plan to incorporate Old Man Mouki, yet is still OK with paying him 6 M a year?

That's one of my main points: Edin is mainly responsible for this squad! I said it before and I'll say it again, Leverkusen winning the title with such a performance and Watzke leaving will be the best case scenario for BVB fans. #SaveUsNagelsmann

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WuDu said:

Edin is mainly responsible for this squad!

That i wasn't aware of and if that is the case can't say he has done the best job. But my point was that i don't see any manager doing miracles with current squad you have. Making to top 4 this season is ok job...if you make it.

15 hours ago, jerry said:

So i dont believe in 1 in 10 games

Ok, might have been slight exaggeration and overall Tuchel did well against bald fraud but

15 hours ago, jerry said:

Guardiola went crazy before the game

This is big reason behind it. Why he has to overthink always on finals? They often play their worst football in finals when just another day in office would be enough, last year final was awful too thou result was better.

• 2 weeks later...

@Livertool

Hmmmm....I wonder if we lost WuDu with the recent changes to the community 🤔

Can't remember him being away for this long ever since he got back in.

image.png.cc30a8dabbfcc4ebd4d97a6d3c282108.png

Could also be having a holiday preparing for the big election :classic_cool:

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Purps said:

Hmmmm....I wonder if we lost WuDu with the recent changes to the community 

That crossed my mind too but as he has been here after at least some of changes

On 3/1/2024 at 11:44 PM, WuDu said:

maybe he just got fed up when i debunked all of his false claims and is now gathering strength and knowledge to come up with better ones 😋 

Who knows...well actually one does. @Stubbe-Unibet we demand answers!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Livertool said:

maybe he just got fed up when i debunked all of his false claims

Never stopped him before!

• Haha 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png