Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

2 hours ago, jerry said:

@WuDu According to Fussballtransfers.com and some polish media Dortmund just offered 22mlnE for polish central defender/defensive midfielder Jakub Kiwior. Offer wasnt accepted since Spezia expecting 10mln more. 

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Name dropping/clickbait. The BVB currently has Schlotterbeck/Süle/Hummels as central defenders. In defensive midfield we have Can/Özcan/Dahoud. No way, Jose.

The BVB just picked up Ryerson from Union Berlin for 5 M Euro.

Union Berlin Love GIF by Bundesliga

Can play left back and right back. Well, better than having no BU and maybe he can replace Meunier as long as he's injured. We'll see...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Sommer to Bayern now official. Deal until 2025. That will be interesting to see what happens once Neuer comes back.

Moukoko extending his deal.

Bild is reporting that the BVB pays 5 M Euro to his agent.

puke GIF

The German FA found a new GM for the National Team:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 7/8/2022 at 1:57 PM, jerry said:

Adeyemi in my eyes now is a big big chance for a flop. Pace merchant who really lacks in football intelligence. Granted seen him twice or one time more but he always seem like he was running faster than thinking. And he is really selfish so i dont see him having the same number of assist like Sancho.

image.png.72b6b4be20d1e8c02d4478a3b0ee77bb.png

House Yes GIF

image.png.e0fd5e470dda18c1a3bdbe17acc9b591.png

Schalke will stay in the league, they said. Terodde will score 10 goals, they said. And of course:

image.png.2665607b55e3bfb9e5f4d43a0daed56b.png

Never pay a Finn if you plan to win! 

Sad We Did It GIF by Nickelodeon

Niko "GOAT" Kovac now with 5 wins in a row and 17-1 goals. Would be great if the BVB wins tomorrow against Augsburg, after that it's Mainz, Leverkusen, Freiburg and Bremen.

Bild

Who's older? :classic_biggrin:

Moukoko signed until 2026, so in 1,5 years the whole charade starts again...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, WuDu said:

Schalke will stay in the league, they said. Terodde will score 10 goals, they said.

It ain't over till papa smurf farts...

15 hours ago, WuDu said:

Never pay a Finn if you plan to win! 

Rumour is that Uronen realized at 85th minute how bad team Schalke really is and tried to get red card so he don't have to play for next couple of matches. Smurf as he now is, he failed in that too 😆

• Like 1

2-2 at the half. The BVB playing really well, with 2 defensive mistakes. Bellingham and Brandt with great games. We're dangerous from set pieces and Ryerson>Meunier on the right side. Even Adeyemi and Malen started well into the game.

Moukoko almost invisible, so Haller coming on in the 2nd half will be a great Bundesliga moment!

3 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Augsburg is pretty good today, but I made a bet -1,5 BVB in the half time.😀

Could be a value bet.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Could be a value bet.

Well, the offensive line was incredible (especially the british youngsters), but the defence was terrible. It was a typical "it could be" game. Btw. congrats to the win.

Edited by psrquack

1 minute ago, psrquack said:

Well, the offensive line was incredible (especially the british youngsters), but the defence was terrible. It was a typical "it could be" game. Btw. congrats to the win.

Terrible end to your bet with Guerreiro missing the last second shot. 

Schlotterbeck lost the ball twice building up, causing two goals. With the third one, he was involved as well.

Bellingham with one of his best games for the BVB and JBG could be very valuable as a sub off the bench.

1 minute ago, WuDu said:

Terrible end to your bet with Guerreiro missing the last second shot. 

Schlotterbeck lost the ball twice building up, causing two goals. With the third one, he was involved as well.

Bellingham with one of his best games for the BVB and JBG could be very valuable as a sub off the bench.

Yep, they had the chance in the counter attack twice (especially the last chance from 8 meters was a must score), but to be fair it could be 4-4 some minutes earlier.

38 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Poor Schalke. It seems they like rollercoasters to second divison and up.

Will be much tougher to get out of the 2. Bundesliga again. The Smurfs have absolutely nothing to sell anymore...

39 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Btw I made a just for fun bet Köln to win.

5 minutes left...

Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Well, it was a great shot.

Great shot, but bad for your bet, unfortunately...

Bayern doing everything to make title race interesting. Feel like they throwing matches away for fun :classic_biggrin: Any takers? Red Bull seem semi serious, shame they didnt win on the friday [seen match and they were much worse and lucky with the draw]. Dortmund if they win will be on -5. Well if they would be on +5 then maybe, as it is Schalke has probably more chances to avoid relegation.

In other news Wolfsburg scored 11 goals in two matches and polish hopefull Jakub Kaminski failed to record even one assist. How is that even happen? Granted he was on the pitch only for 8 of them but still, this is the stuff of legends. After all he is offensive player at Wolfsburg. Guys dont like him and dont pass to him or something? At the least he is playing...

Edited by jerry
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

17 minutes ago, jerry said:

In other news Wolfsburg scored 11 goals in two matches and polish hopefull Jakub Kaminski failed to record even one assist. How is that even happen? Granted he was on the pitch only for 8 of them but still, this is the stuff of legends. After all he is offensive player at Wolfsburg. Guys dont like him and dont pass to him or something? At the least he is playing...

Wolfsburg is on fire since Kovac fired Max Kruse:

In the first 5 Bundesliga matches with Kruse: 2 draws, 3 losses.

Since then: 8 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.

Over the last 6 games, Wolfsburg with 6 wins, 22-1 goals and Kaminski managed just 1 assist, despite playing 86 % of all available minutes in that time frame. 

Robert Lewandowski Futbol GIF by World Cup

26 minutes ago, jerry said:

Bayern doing everything to make title race interesting. Feel like they throwing matches away for fun :classic_biggrin: Any takers? Red Bull seem semi serious, shame they didnt win on the friday [seen match and they were much worse and lucky with the draw]. Dortmund if they win will be on -5. Well if they would be on +5 then maybe, as it is Schalke has probably more chances to avoid relegation.

Since Rose took over for bald fraud Tedesco:

8 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss. As hot as Wolfsburg. Frankfurt is also hot.

Wasn't Bayern praised for their strong axis of Neuer-Müller-Lewy? This might explain things a little bit. I'm also not so sure about Nagelsmann. They play Frankfurt and Wolfsburg next. I don't see the BVB winning anything this year. Continue the rebuild, qualify for the UCL, mabye beat Chelsea, and get players ready for next season.

• Haha 2

Watching Dortmund. Adeyemi from 35min with like 5 lost posession in that period :classic_biggrin: Sofascore shows 11 in first half with goalscorer neuzugang Ryerson at 15!

One more thing about Ryerson, its actually Union that is much stronger now cause they have Juranovic from Celtic [formerly Legia Warszawa]. Its such a weird transfer. He had terrific world cup and even before he attracted interest from top clubs like Barcelona, Atletico almost all mid to low Premier League. Price in articles was 20-30e. I know cause Legia was drooling cause they had 10% from the transfer. And Union got him for measly 8.5mlnE. WTF? Really? I like Union but its team that is one two transfers out/or coach from being relegated. And he is BIIIIG improvement over Ryerson. In his prime, with big resale value and trust me he will improve Union very much. He wasnt that good at Legia but you just knew he was better than he was playing and at Celtic he was fantastic [yeah league is laughable but he was always very good in eurocups]. If i was Dortmund i would go for Juranovic, especially for that price, price that i just cant understand. I remember i read that Celtic refused 15-20mln offers in the summer cause they have no replacement. Maybe they were strapped for cash or something. Weird.

Przechwytywaniedd.PNG

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

1 hour ago, psrquack said:

Ok, another BVB try, 2,38 seems good enough for the win. If not I will demand answers.😁

Borussia Dortmund Friends GIF

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Watching Dortmund. Adeyemi from 35min with like 5 lost posession in that period :classic_biggrin: Sofascore shows 11 in first half with goalscorer neuzugang Ryerson at 15!

One more thing about Ryerson, its actually Union that is much stronger now cause they have Juranovic from Celtic [formerly Legia Warszawa]. Its such a weird transfer. He had terrific world cup and even before he attracted interest from top clubs like Barcelona, Atletico almost all mid to low Premier League

27 year old Croatian who played in Croatia, Poland and Scotland and wasn't even a starter for Celtic in the end? Union likes to pick up these "hidden gems" a lot and they always manage to incorporate them into their lineup, but he doesn't fit the profile for clubs like the BVB.

Lucky win for the BVB and Haller with a great assist in the end for the game-winner. Old man Moukoko without impact, Malen and Adeyemi playing out of position. I didn't even watch the whole game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

27 year old Croatian who played in Croatia, Poland and Scotland and wasn't even a starter for Celtic in the end? Union likes to pick up these "hidden gems" a lot and they always manage to incorporate them into their lineup, but he doesn't fit the profile for clubs like the BVB.

Lucky win for the BVB and Haller with a great assist in the end for the game-winner. Old man Moukoko without impact, Malen and Adeyemi playing out of position. I didn't even watch the whole game.

I know you dont really follow football but there was world cup not long ago and Croatia played till the end. 7 matches and Juranovic played in all of them, most if not all full match. Terrific against Brazil and probably best player against Argentina. If not for muppet Lovren Croatia would be world cup winner. I think Celtic phase him out cause he wanted to go. You are so dismissive :classic_biggrin: So what he played in Poland and Scotland? Lewandowski, Blaszczykowski, Piszczek? Germany u21-Poland u21 0:4 not long ago, pretty sure old man played there. You missed on him, if healthy Juranovic is leaving Union at the most in 1,5year for 15<. That Celtic deal maybe there is percent from Union sale. Price and destination is really weird. Maybe they found some heart condition and shipped him to Germany ASAP :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

About the match color me surprised that BVB found that goal. Nothing clicked for them in that match and Mainz have some good chances even after Reyna goal. I will insist Adeyemi is terrible and old man maybe one bar better, thats it! Having one assist full season in so much offensive team like BVB is shamefull. BTW he have numbers just like Kaminski, but our guy at least scored in Pokal against mighty Braunschweig if my memory is right [winner nonetheless].

One more thing i just love watching Guerreiro. His technique, passes are absolute world class. I think playing him up higher would do wonders. Put him instead of invisible blonde wonder an he will have 10 goals 20assist in a season. I will die on that hill [that he is playing out of position] :classic_cool:

• Like 1

@WuDu: I demand answer!

"FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — A leading soccer referee in Germany was awarded 48,500 euros ($52,800) in compensation on Wednesday after a court found he was discriminated against when he was no longer considered for games because of his age.

The court in Frankfurt found the 49-year-old Manuel Gräfe, who officiated 289 Bundesliga games from 2004 through 2021, had been disadvantaged by the German soccer federation’s practice of not considering referees over the age of 47."

German referee wins compensation for age discrimination

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, psrquack said:

@WuDu: I demand answer!

"FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — A leading soccer referee in Germany was awarded 48,500 euros ($52,800) in compensation on Wednesday after a court found he was discriminated against when he was no longer considered for games because of his age.

The court in Frankfurt found the 49-year-old Manuel Gräfe, who officiated 289 Bundesliga games from 2004 through 2021, had been disadvantaged by the German soccer federation’s practice of not considering referees over the age of 47."

German referee wins compensation for age discrimination

Interesting! Gräfe complained a lot about the age cut off, so good for him that he's getting some cash from the corrupt DFB. However, he works for TV now, so he'll be fine...

45 minutes ago, jerry said:

I know you dont really follow football but there was world cup not long ago and Croatia played till the end. 7 matches and Juranovic played in all of them,

happy james rodriguez GIF by FC Bayern Munich

You are so dismissive :classic_biggrin: So what he played in Poland and Scotland? Lewandowski, Blaszczykowski, Piszczek? Germany u21-Poland u21 0:4 not long ago, pretty sure old man played there. You missed on him, if healthy Juranovic is leaving Union at the most in 1,5year for 15<. That Celtic deal maybe there is percent from Union sale. Price and destination is really weird. Maybe they found some heart condition and shipped him to Germany ASAP :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

At which age did Lewy, Kuba, Pischu leave the Ekstraklasa? Juranovic went to Poland at age 25. But like I said, Union often picks up these overlooked players and turns them into gems. 

Duranville and Fresneda likely coming this winter. 

One more thing i just love watching Guerreiro. His technique, passes are absolute world class. I think playing him up higher would do wonders. Put him instead of invisible blonde wonder an he will have 10 goals 20assist in a season. I will die on that hill [that he is playing out of position] :classic_cool:

No, not a change of position discussion about Guerreiro anymore. He's a great football player but he's 

• too slow to be a winger
  • too weak to be a central/defensive midfielder
  • too offensive to be a left back
  • injury-prone

He'll find another club, but his time with the BVB is up, unfortunately.

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, WuDu said:

Juranovic went to Poland at age 25. But like I said, Union often picks up these overlooked players and turns Duranville and Fresneda likely coming this winter. 

Jura already with one assist to winner goal. Thats 30mlnE generational talent Adeyemi numbers :classic_biggrin: You missed on him and even Bayern missed on him, especially for that money. They still use dreadfull Stanisic who is behind Juranovic in Croatia roster. Well, whatever, i think Union made helluva deal and this one transfer can possibly get them Champions League this season.

16 hours ago, WuDu said:

• too slow to be a winger
  • too weak to be a central/defensive midfielder
  • too offensive to be a left back
  • injury-prone

Almost exact same thing you could say about Marcello [minus pace whene he wasnt overweight]. He was always hot/cold but today is regarded as legend:classic_biggrin:. Maybe with Guerreiro it will be the same. Left back is the hardest position to fill in todays market, there is no coincidence that Guerreiro even if mostly dissapointing at Dortmund still is wanted by top clubs. 

It will be interesting fight for top 4 this season. Feel like definately 8 teams are in contention and maybe BMG also if they caught some upwards wind. Remember how you said Leverkusen are out? 7 points and now they playing Dortmund. With win they are 95% sure of Champions League place, if they lost it could be much harder but still doable to be honest. Interesting match. Draw then? :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jerry said:

Jura already with one assist to winner goal. Thats 30mlnE generational talent Adeyemi numbers :classic_biggrin: You missed on him and even Bayern missed on him, especially for that money. They still use dreadfull Stanisic who is behind Juranovic in Croatia roster. Well, whatever, i think Union made helluva deal and this one transfer can possibly get them Champions League this season.

We don't sign boomers, we sign 16 year olds! 

4 hours ago, jerry said:

It will be interesting fight for top 4 this season. Feel like definately 8 teams are in contention and maybe BMG also if they caught some upwards wind. Remember how you said Leverkusen are out? 7 points and now they playing Dortmund. With win they are 95% sure of Champions League place, if they lost it could be much harder but still doable to be honest. Interesting match. Draw then? :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue:

7 points out and teams like Wolfsburg, Frankfurt and RB running even hotter!