Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

On 2/12/2023 at 11:58 PM, WuDu said:

Gladbach plays Bayern next Saturday and I think placing a bet on Gladbach might be value here.

• Gladbach always had a good record against Bayern over the past few years
  • They're hot and cold but this season they already won against RB and the BVB at home. Last year, they humiliated Bayern in the cup.
  • Bayern plays PSG on Tuesday in Paris.

Well, I hope some of you placed a bet here, the odds for Gladbach winning even went up to 7,00 earlier today and Gladbach +1 went to 2,4.

Union plays the Smurfs tomorrow. WIth Union winning, they would be #1 in the league with 2 points ahead of Bayern.

Next Sunday, Union then travels to Munich. However they have to play Ajax this Thursday. This is not looking like an upset, but with Union, you never know.

The BVB can close the gap on Bayern with a win against Hertha tomorrow.

Excited Season 9 GIF by Friends

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Trouble in paradise?

image.png.62e28a239c02f73690ff6a1dc7e0aa1e.png

image.png.ca26c6597894680d5d504421fab5b114.png

I think the English Google translation doesn't do the German expression justice:

image.png.f125d8d6c90a7f6ea7831bcc47563072.png

"Weichgespült" in everyday language means softened, maybe a tad less offensive than "sissified". "Pack" however is as rude as it gets in this expression. Here it describes a group of people you consider inferior/uncultered etc.

image.png.12020edda819eae8e8d75eb3fae7a309.png

This will be expensive for Julian.

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

However the funny part is that Nagelsmann, who had plastic surgery on his face and might wear make-up (not so sure) thinks it's a smart idea to call out other people for being "soft".

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

So, since Manuel Neuer went "skiing" Bayern played 6 Bundesliga matches:

2 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat. 8 goals against them. 1,33 goals per game. Neuer had 0,92 goals against him per game in his 12 matches this year.

Edited by WuDu
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Schalke heading towards their 4th consecutive goalless draw.

I wasn't able to find with a quick search what the record for those in BuLi is, but I would imagine 4 to be pretty good candidate for that ( no idea about the distant history though )... 🏆

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Purps said:

Schalke heading towards their 4th consecutive goalless draw.

...and they did it.

Ellie Kemper Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Next week it's Stuttgart for them, who just started winning again.

Union missing the chance to go to the top, next Sunday, they'll play Bayern.

The BVB leading 2-0, thanks to Adeyemi! Malen playing really well in the middle to give Haller a rest, maybe he gets his chance now, to replace Adeyemi, who hurt his hamstring while assisting the second goal.

Well, well, well...

@jerry, I'm demanding answers:

• Leverkusen won't reach Europe next season
  • Adeyemi being top-class right now
  • Juranovich riding the bench for Union

Looking at the standings, we can divide the league into 3 parts:

The title race:

image.thumb.png.96b20c7df79ae596d6105bb078eddb8f.png

Who cares?

image.thumb.png.17b424f2847d1a588218d6b703833469.png

And the basement:

image.thumb.png.da9121ca95d862d0dbe9d2741c8ee719.png

As I told you guys, the BVB is on a run right now. Today Edin rested Bellingham, Süle, Haller and Guerreiro. Finally a coach who doesn't run his players into the ground and then complains about all the injuries.

marco rose laugh GIF by FC Red Bull Salzburg

Adeyemi hurt himself today, so he'll probably be out for the Chelsea game. However Malen played really well as our central striker. Not only due to the goal but also due to some great moves on the sideline. Personally, I'd give him a shot to replace Adeyemi on the left side and keep Bynoe-Gittens on the bench. Speaking of which, JBG also with a great game in the second half. 1 on 1, he's already the strongest BVB player on the roster.

Reus with one of his better "Reus-games" today but similar to Hummels, the whole team seems a little unbalanced once these two are on the pitch. Especially the defensive "effort" ahead of the 2-1 by Hertha was highly questionable.

Man of the match definitely was Adeyemi, despite only playing 35 minutes. Reyna and Dahoud again not seeing a single minute. 

In the basement, things could get interesting now. The Smurfs have not lost 4 times in a row, but they also didn't score 4 times in a row. If I were Stuttgart, I'd play for the 0-0 and try to use my speed advantage to get in a counter attack.

Hertha didn't look bad today, so Hoffenheim might be in trouble, despite rostering a lot of fantasy favourites.

Frankfurt is playing Napoli on Tuesday and Red Bull plays Shitty on Wednesday. Pretty good matches. The BVB now gets time to rest until Saturday when we travel to Hoffenheim. Union plays Bayern, Frankfurt vs RB and S04 vs Stuttgart. 

Edited by WuDu

The BVB is letting Dahoud walk after the season.

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

1 year ago I said that out of Dahoud, Guerreiro and Brandt, 2 out of these 3 basically have to leave the club. With Brandt playing like he does right now, this might happen this summer.

Actually, it's funny to see how Dahoud was praised during winter preparation and being looked at as a missing piece, instead he's not playing at all right now and leaving in the summer. Anyway, I guess the BVB already has a replacement ready, just trusting Emre Can at the 6 might be a little optimistic. 

I could see Dahoud going to Frankfurt or maybe Union and make some moves there. 

On 6/23/2022 at 6:15 PM, WuDu said:
I'm hereby officially announcing: 

The BVB is BACK and we're challenging for the title this year!

bundesliga zidan GIF by Borussia Dortmund

The odds for the BVB to win the Bundesliga are currently at around 9,00. Bet your salary/income/food coupons/girlfriend and enjoy a great ROI!

Well, well, well....

Looking very good so far against Hoffenheim. @Purps' crush Brandt now even scoring with his back. JBG looking good, however I like him more as a sub, Haller with 3 dangerous situations in the box. Freaking Wolf with another good game as well.

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2022 at 11:38 AM, GR1ZZL3R said:

Hairy fraud!

1657164050_Screenshot(2798).png.f714a3af2541c34f3d17cf5125a4299b.png 

Yes, down there, that's where we're headed.                                                                                                                                 😬 

image.png.c950152f77055e94f293d484796fce0c.png

9 in a row!

borussia dortmund GIF by Bundesliga

35 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

image.png.5d573563434a12c92d77c51a09b1cfdf.png 

11 in a row for City against Bournemouth. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Originals

Maybe next year in the Championship, you frauds can keep the streak alive. Just make sure you survive Red Bull first...

Speaking of which, the BVB opens the next matchday on Friday night vs Red Bull. 

Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

I always liked these 20:30 games on Friday/Saturday and if you attend them in person, there's a special atmosphere to them, especially in Dortmund. But this game will be great to watch anyway:

• The BVB on a 9 game winning streak going for the title this year
  • Red Bull would be sitting on the top if you only consider the points they accumulated under Rose
  • Red Bull is absolutely hated, Rose was the BVB coach last season
  • Both teams are deep, relatively healthy and have 6 days to prepare.

This will be a great game to watch!

Happy Champions League GIF by DAZN

image.png.516bfc1b4a0866e08d4e89ca296c7f27.png

Smurfs are getting their hopes up,

Sad We Did It GIF by Nickelodeon

but next week they have to travel to Bochum. With Hertha now starting to win games and Hoffenheim looking pretty good today, the end is nigh for our friends in blue.

Sad We Did It GIF by Nickelodeon

8 hours ago, Livertool said:

Draw or Onion win would be perfect today but as i remember Dortmund has always melted when they had chance to catch leader or get on top. Lessons learned or same old same old?

Sure, if you want to win the title, you have to win against Bayern. I had to look up the last time the BVB won in the Bundesliga vs Bayern:

That was a 3:2 win at home in 18/19 in one of the best games I saw. The last time the BVB won in Munich was in 2014 against the bald fraud when Bayern were leading the league with 17 points or so.

The last time the BVB won in Munich when it mattered was in 2011.

When it matters, Bayern is ready to play. Case in point:

On 2/18/2023 at 8:26 PM, WuDu said:

Next Sunday, Union then travels to Munich. However they have to play Ajax this Thursday. This is not looking like an upset, but with Union, you never know.

Cancelo was benched today for Stanisic. What did the bald fraud know?

Premier League Smile GIF by DAZN

• Haha 1

Well Done Good Job GIF by Bundesliga

What Brandt is playing right now is incredible. What Terzic did with Emre Can and Wolf is marvelous. There's even chatter about Wolf getting called up to the National Team.

10 in a row!

No Way Wow GIF by Borussia Dortmund

Next Tuesday we're up against Chelsea and next Saturday it's the final Bundesliga match against the Smurfs! Surprisingly, it's the 18:30 game on Saturday, usually these high risk matches take place early.

Great 1st half today by the BVB, but the second half was a complete disaster as we let Red Bull not only get back into the game, but also were lucky that we didn't concede the 2:2  over the last 2 minutes. Huge saves by Schlotterbeck, Meyer and Can in the end.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

but also were lucky that we didn't concede the 2:2  over the last 2 minutes.

I was 90% sure it will turn same old melting after RB first goal, looks like i am capable of being wrong sometimes too 😋

After all the dissing you gave to Can he seems to be hero at both ends. So the times change 😄

10 hours ago, Livertool said:

I was 90% sure it will turn same old melting after RB first goal, looks like i am capable of being wrong sometimes too 😋

After all the dissing you gave to Can he seems to be hero at both ends. So the times change 😄

Yes, the BVB fought with bravado against the 2nd goal. If you watch the highlights, just check out how Schlotterbeck celebrated his shoulder save in the 94th minute! That's what the people want to see as well. 

For 2023, Terzic switched to a 4-1-4-1 system and the position as lone DM really suits Can. He sometimes drops back between the defenders and turns the defense into a back 3 and yesterday he got lauded by Terzic for helping out on the wings as well. Can is tough and fast and he excels in this new role as long as he focuses on his main job and doesn't start to do dumb "Emre Can"-stuff like causing penalties and free kicks, getting carded or losing the ball while doing step overs. 

Happy Borussia Dortmund GIF by Bundesliga

If you just look at the respective performances over the last few games, Brandt, Can, Wolf and Kobel have been outstanding, Adeyemi as well before he was injured. They were far better than Bellingham or Haller. Not saying that the latter were particularily bad, they were OKish, but right now a lot of former "bums" play like world-class players.

Thumbsup GIF by Borussia Dortmund

So, Edin didn't just somehow fix these guys, but other players like Schlotterbeck, Süle, Reus also perform at a high level. I told you guys over the past 2 years: Terzic>>>>>>>Bald Fraud. 

The Smurfs won again today.

No Way Wow GIF

After the Chelsea game and given that the Smurfs are totally slow, I'm expecting Hummels and Guerreiro to rotate back into the lineup. I don't think these two will start in London. 

What a season! Dortmund with chances for a treble :classic_biggrin: and Schalke with big ones for avoiding relegation. They were all but done but Reis is miracle worker. What he's done with defence its just amazing. Best defense in Buli for a moment? And Dortmund with similar run Terzic was last time here.

Bayern is winning but you just feel they want to lose some points. That game in Munchen will be important. Lets just hope Chelsea or Schalke dont destroy Dortmund mood. Koeln also good defensive/shi t housing team so it could be tricky like Union just saw. 2 months ago Schalke would be easy 3 points, now it will be very hard game, especially away. We'll see. Scenarios are many. Maybe Bayern crash out with PSG maybe both crash out with PSG and Chelsea maybe both advance. It could be important for the morale down the road.  

So maybe this is the season Bayern will lose the titile? :classic_laugh::classic_cool:

New Year Lol GIF by Justin Gammon

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

image.thumb.png.08295e1946bcf5090b11fdce6a523434.png

Chelsea, Smurfs and Köln next. Then we have the national team break before we have to travel to München for THE game of the season.

Bundesliga Bayern GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Offensively, injuries are starting to creep back in with Adeyemi, Malen and Moukoko being out. #1 Buli goalie Kobel is also injured and will miss the next games.

This could also be the chance for Gio Reyna to get minutes again, especially when we need to rotate against the Smurfs.

• Like 1

I just forgot that Ryerson is suspended for the game tomorrow due to too many yellows. Kobel travelled with the club, but I think that's just Edin bluffing here. 

image.png.3bed68f571a7c9acb624422965ef513d.png

I don't think JBG is starting tomorrow and Malen is coming off an injury and is probably needed to replace Haller later on. Hummels, Meunier, Dahoud and Reyna could be closer to playing time, but I don't see any of them starting tomorrow.

My guess:

Meyer

Guerreiro - Schlotti - Süle - Wolf

Can

Özcan - Bellingham

Reus                               Brandt

Haller

And who could have guessed, we're near Neymar's sister's birthday again and....

Neymar out for the year

Emotion Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think I'll use my 25% BetBuilder profit boost on Chelsea - Dortmund tonight, trusting both teams will continue with their current trends.

Any "non biased" opinion on this combo @WuDu ?

1. Dortmund or Draw ( 2,10 )

2. Dortmund over 1,5 goals ( 3,30 )

3. Brandt over 0,5 shots on goal ( 2,70 )

4. Haller over 0,5 shots on goal ( 2,28 )

On a betbuilder that give nice odds of 14,00, and with the boost the odds climb up to a juicy 17,25 🤔

image.jpeg.bfa66352c31a325432618378c1fa41c6.jpeg

Will of course have to wait for the line-ups, since with these the whole bet gets voided if Brandt or Haller doesn't start ( Bellingham over 0,5 shots on goal @ 2,90 feels like a nice replacement for either 🤔 )

Also a little bit worried that BvB will go for a turtle defence tonight trying to hold on to the one goal lead, but I sure hope not, since that hardly ever ends well... 🙏

Edited by Purps
  • Like 2