Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

All starters. Odds on the betbuilder had gone up a little. The Havertz/Bellingham double only accepted 7$ on it but thats fine. Wasn't gonna bet more than a tenner on it anyhow.

Hopefully at least one of the two turns green. My history on bets posted on the community is so tragic that it's not even funny... 🍿😩👍

image.jpeg.4a558c9aaf695b76e7ef0c5a1af23956.jpeg

image.jpeg.7afe06135c3bcce21f7821c8f075a55c.jpeg

Edited by Purps
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, WuDu said:

My guess:

Meyer

Guerreiro - Schlotti - Süle - Wolf

Can

Özcan - Bellingham

Reus                               Brandt

Haller

image.png.946a3760e693c2ceface18c8e81b6380.png

4 hours ago, Purps said:

Any "non biased" opinion on this combo @WuDu ?

1. Dortmund or Draw ( 2,10 )

2. Dortmund over 1,5 goals ( 3,30 )

3. Brandt over 0,5 shots on goal ( 2,70 )

4. Haller over 0,5 shots on goal ( 2,28 )

I think the BVB will advance, however this will be tough. So Dortmund +0,5 it is then? However for 2,1 I wouldn't call that a value bet. We're playing without wingers, so room will be tight in the centre. No clue about shots on goal stats, though...

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

6 hours ago, Purps said:

3. Brandt over 0,5 shots on goal ( 2,70 )

@Purps favourite Brandt already out with a muscle injury. Gio in!

• Sad 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Yeah. I don't normally bet on anything that's related to player performance, and I'm back to that.

Next time it'll be cards or corners or something with the betbuilder boost.

Aaaand Sterling scores. Could be an exciting evening ahead.

Chelsea the better team so far, Edin needs to make some changes. But boy oh boy, Guerreiro being such a fair weather player, that's incredible. Gio also not really displaying a fighter's mentality so far. Haller and Jude with bad performances. Emre Can with some Emre Can moments in the beginning, but since then, he's been OK.

I'm expecting Malen to come in for Haller around the 60th minute, also we need JBG as well.

Not to mention fking up bets but also if you are going to drop against Chelsea who can't make over 1goal per match, i don't want to hear any complaints how much PL sucks or who follows it if you can't do better than this.You are miles away.. PITIFUL 🤮

BALL DONT LIE!

Season 4 Episode 3 GIF by The Office

Edited by WuDu
  • Sad 1

The penalty was a joke, repeating it was ridiculous as well. However all things considered, that was not enough from the BVB today and Chelsea deserved the win. Havertz hitting the inside of the post and scoring after Sterling was offside has to be mentioned in this case.

Offensively this was nothing today and the injuries on offense are starting to pile up again. 

Adeyemi, Moukoko and now Brandt. Malen is a little banged up. Haller is not in good form over the past few weeks and Modeste simply cannot be brought on. I think it's really telling that the BVB was pretty harmless with Brandt missing time today.

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

repeating it was ridiculous

Yup, wtf? I'm sure stubbe finds legit reason for it but to sane ones that was just insane. I could understand if it was save or even close to it but as it stands ref just gave second chance to Havertz. Wouldn't have made much difference as Dortmund sucked big time but anyhow

image.png.15f91d607c818c4bd4c6f44e738bd7f5.png 

I saw encroachment by both defenders and attackers. This time it happened to be a defender first to the ball to clear it but that was immaterial, the penalty being retaken was the correct decision. 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

45 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

image.png.15f91d607c818c4bd4c6f44e738bd7f5.png 

I saw encroachment by both defenders and attackers. This time it happened to be a defender first to the ball to clear it but that was immaterial, the penalty being retaken was the correct decision. 

Goes inline for someone that is willing to take jabs just cause rules say so not that if it is right call. Everyone with even halfbrain can understand that Chelsea got second chance over technicality. Rules are meant to be there that right things happen but not to allow wrong calls. 

May be hard to understand but i am sure you will get there if you want ;)

23 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Goes inline for someone that is willing to take jabs just cause rules say so not that if it is right call. Everyone with even halfbrain can understand that Chelsea got second chance over technicality. Rules are meant to be there that right things happen but not to allow wrong calls. 

May be hard to understand but i am sure you will get there if you want ;)

You're now doing a WuDu bringing up matters that have nothing to do with the discussion. However, getting back to the actual discussion in hand, have you watched the incident. 

image.thumb.png.45a4d2c37ad4874964d8778243c55ae8.png 

I desperately want to understand and get there but those with half a brain may indeed see a second chance over a technicality,  I with my whole brain, (I think) imperfect as it may be, see at least 2 defenders and 1 attacker encroaching as the ball is struck. That is a clear infringement of the rules, they are absolutely not allowed in the area before the ball is struck. What I don't see is how a clear infringement can be seen as a technicality. 

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Yeah kind of figured that this be tough one for some but ask yourself couple questions:

What was the advantage or disadvantage of players rushing in? Did either of part gain from situation? Could it be that Kai just didn't manage to score with first try and due technicality he got another chance that was crucial to competition.

Things would be quite different IF goal was made, keeper saved it, player that rushed in would have scored, Dortmund player would have been first to rush in there (which clearly ain't case as seen in picture) and cleared ball away from Chelsea player taking away possibility to score. But none of those scenarios happened there, what happened was that Kai hit post and got new try cause Chelsea player was too eager to rush in there. Not the optimal scenario of penalty but no harm done and ref could have easily accept it

It doesn't matter whether the attackers or defenders gain an advantage in any particular case, it's the fact that they could gain an advantage by breaking the rules. The referee or VAR are not considering what could happen but what actually did happen, an infringement by both teams. It doesn't matter who was first to encroach, both teams did so before the ball was kicked. Penalty retaken.

Edited by GR1ZZL3R

1 hour ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

It doesn't matter whether the attackers or defenders gain an advantage in any particular case, it's the fact that they could gain an advantage by breaking the rules. The referee or VAR are not considering what could happen but what actually did happen, an infringement by both teams. It doesn't matter who was first to encroach, both teams did so before the ball was kicked. Penalty retaken.

Nice, arquing with yourself there 😄

Fact is that goal didn't happen at first try, ref had plenty of time to whistle right away if he thought rules were broken (which would have been fine) but he didn't and Havertz looked like he had eaten bag of turd until "perfect decision" was once again made to satisfy retards who got no clue why rules are made. To be nitpicked or for fair playing?

The day you realize it is latter then you can ask yourself which one is worse in imperfect world of football, rushing that got no affect what so ever or giving second chance after failure.

That is as clear as i can put it so i'll leave at this and hope we get refs (again) in the future that got wisdom and balls to make calls to honour this great sport of ours.

"fact that they could gain an advantage"

"The referee or VAR are not considering what could happen"

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Nice, arquing with yourself there 😄

I don't see that at all, If you don't understand what I'm trying to say then that could be my fault for not being clear enough. 

What is not beyond dispute is that players from both teams entered the penalty area before the ball was struck, an offence was committed so the penalty, by the clearly written laws of the game, had to be retaken. Whether the referee blew the whistle within nano seconds, within 10 seconds, or not at all is also immaterial, they can't be watching every player at the same time. There's nothing subjective in this case, there is clear pictorial evidence of both teams breaking the rules. It seems to me you try to prove the VAR wrong at every opportunity for whatever reason but in this case you are wrong, clearly wrong. 

Edited by GR1ZZL3R

23 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

It seems to me you try to prove the VAR wrong at every opportunity for whatever reason

Not for whatever reason but does it suite my view of football. We can nitpick every move in the field for eternity and it still comes up with one seeing wrong and some right like seen with career ending calls https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/.amp/news/lee-mason-quits-as-premier-league-referee-after-var-error 

I like fluid matches where players are allowed to play, refs call what they see, if there are mistakes in refs actions they are more understandable (word?) when they are made by moment and something we can disagree and have chat with.

But state of alcohol is now reaching state of emotional conditions so i respect and love you that you are here to arque with. Matters argue, not people as far as i'm concerned ❤️

image.png.2103565bac0ba6c17458e2d6351be1b6.png

So Havertz misses the penalty and a Chelsea defender encroaches first, thus dragging Süle and Özcan in and Chelsea still gets rewarded by retaking the pen? 

Not Bad Uh Huh GIF by Debby Ryan

If those are the rules, there's something wrong with them. Having said that, how that even was a handball penalty in the first place is a whole nother question. Over the 10 game winning streak, the BVB had some 50/50 decisions go in their favour, this one went against them. 

But like I said yesterday, all in all that was not enough on offense from the BVB, I think we should get ready to pay Brandt 10 M a year and give him the #10 next season.

SCHOKOPUDDING again!

Is Donatello even playing today?

11 hours ago, WuDu said:

So Havertz misses the penalty and a Chelsea defender encroaches first, thus dragging Süle and Özcan in and Chelsea still gets rewarded by retaking the pen? 

That is what happened, but that's the nature of the game. A chelsea man moved, a BVB player followed, totally expected. If he had held his ground BVB would have got a free kick, but it's just against natural instincts to do so. The rule doesn't distinguish between 1st and 2nd offender, maybe it should. 

11 hours ago, WuDu said:

If those are the rules, there's something wrong with them.

13 hours ago, Livertool said:

I like fluid matches where players are allowed to play, refs call what they see,

I agree but how many times has that ever been said about millions of rules, in games and in life. I hate someone's big toe being deemed to be seeking an advantage by being offside. If it can't be seen by the naked eye in real time then it should stand, one way or another, penalty area encroachment included. 

12 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

That is what happened, but that's the nature of the game. A chelsea man moved, a BVB player followed, totally expected. If he had held his ground BVB would have got a free kick, but it's just against natural instincts to do so. The rule doesn't distinguish between 1st and 2nd offender, maybe it should. 

I agree but how many times has that ever been said about millions of rules, in games and in life. I hate someone's big toe being deemed to be seeking an advantage by being offside. If it can't be seen by the naked eye in real time then it should stand, one way or another, penalty area encroachment included. 

Let's also not forget that the VAR changed the decision on the field twice! The decision on the pitch was no penalty and no encrouchment.

image.thumb.png.5ca60b8569256358ea3633b43cd57c40.png

As you can see, the ref has a clear view here. To me that's no handball and even worse there's no reason for the VAR to even get involved.

The Smurfs are hosting the BVB on Saturday, important to get the 9th Bundesliga win in a row here: