LOTS OF PREMIER LEAGUE

Livertool

Kloppo apparently pretty confident with the 2 goal lead from the opening leg and now playing the rotation game against Benfica tonight:

image.png.b197fe71b524aae7cdf0b5fe93746bba.png

Quality players of course, but still seems rather ballsy to do on a UCL Quarterfinal ...... I do like the early bets on Benfica @ 12,00 and Under 2 @ 6,25 a little more now though. At least I did until I jinxed everything here again. When will I ever learn! 😩 

• Sad 1

Simeone outplaying Guardiola is not a big surprise because every decent coach could do that in the playoff against Pep, but this was a masterpiece specially if we consider the usual style of Atletico. Brilliant. Guardiola had no answer, they had to use dirty tactics, delay the game like a second tier team and act Oscar worthy. Classic match. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

'Atletico should be embarrassed' - what the pundits said

"Distasteful behaviour from the Athletico players, they should be embarrassed."

"Some stuff towards the end was not what you want to see on a football field."

"That, at the end, from Atletico Madrid was a disgrace"

"They played so well in the game, they don't need all that rubbish, all those antics - late challenges, yellow cards, red cards, pulling hair."

"Overall, Atletico did well in the second leg, but the last 10 minutes, you can't condone that."

1 hour ago, cris1285 said:

Simeone outplaying Guardiola is not a big surprise because every decent coach could do that in the playoff against Pep, but this was a masterpiece specially if we consider the usual style of Atletico. Brilliant. Guardiola had no answer, they had to use dirty tactics, delay the game like a second tier team and act Oscar worthy. Classic match. 

Guess what? These matches are played over two legs, a decent coach might have tried a bit harder in the first leg rather than playing so defensively, having exactly zero shots on target, going behind, and having to ever more desperately throw everything into the last ten minutes. Including late tackles, head butting and hair pulling. Masterpiece of tactics. 

To be fair it was a touch more exciting. 😮

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

1 hour ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

'Atletico should be embarrassed' - what the pundits said

"Distasteful behaviour from the Athletico players, they should be embarrassed."

"Some stuff towards the end was not what you want to see on a football field."

"That, at the end, from Atletico Madrid was a disgrace"

"They played so well in the game, they don't need all that rubbish, all those antics - late challenges, yellow cards, red cards, pulling hair."

"Overall, Atletico did well in the second leg, but the last 10 minutes, you can't condone that."

Guess what? These matches are played over two legs, a decent coach might have tried a bit harder in the first leg rather than playing so defensively, having exactly zero shots on target, going behind, and having to ever more desperately throw everything into the last ten minutes. Including late tackles, head butting and hair pulling. Masterpiece of tactics. 

To be fair it was a touch more exciting. 😮

Pundits? From Skysports (UK) right? 😅

While i agree that the last 10 minutes was not nice, Man City had a fair share in it and "somehow" its not mentioned by the so-called pundits. It was really embarassing and disgraceful to watch them delaying the game, and laying on the ground after every contact (Foden, Fernandinho and Ederson only in the last few mins). We all get used to it from Atletico, thats their style, but i didnt think Guardiola could be so clueless that he has to pull a Tico.

The 1-0 in Manchester was not a perfect, but still a great result for Simeone, thats what he went for. The defense nearly nullified Cuty threats, the class of Foden and De Bruyne saved their ass even at home. Just a little but of luck yesterday and Madrid goes through, not undeservedly. The playoff is a different animal, something what Guardiola doesnt know - thats what his resume says. Maybe this year, again. If not, there is a (legally?) filled up wallet 🤪

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

Pundits? From Skysports (UK) right? 😅     Yes, why not?

While i agree that the last 10 minutes was not nice,  agreed Man City had a fair share in it absolutely nothing like a fair share. (A couple of tactical fouls that any sensible team would commit, no serious fouls, no head butting, no hair pulling and "somehow" its not mentioned by the so-called pundits. It was, in context. It was really embarassing and disgraceful to watch them delaying the game,  only a tactic used by every team ever that has a lead to protect in the last few minutes, you must get embarrassed very regularly, and laying on the ground after every contact (Foden, Fernandinho and Ederson only in the last few mins).  Virtually every single match you watch you'll see a goalkeeper take a catch and fall to the ground, with no other players anywhere near them, some of them look as if they have no sense of balance at all. We all get used to it from Atletico, thats their style, So that's an excuse is it?  Come on, be realistic. Every team delays when protecting a lead, slow throw ins, free kicks etc, late subs for only one reason, eat up some time. but i didnt think Guardiola could be so clueless that he has to pull a Tico. 

The 1-0 in Manchester was not a perfect, but still a great result for Simeone, thats what he went for. He went there intending to lose 1-0, really? The defense nearly but not quite nullified Cuty threats, the class of Foden and De Bruyne saved their ass even at home. Class players have a habit of doing that. Just a little but of luck yesterday and Madrid goes through, not undeservedly. Who knows, City hit a post and very nearly won it themselves late on. The playoff is a different animal, something what Guardiola doesnt know - thats what his resume says. Again, really? I keep losing count every time I try to add up all the cups he's won, cups that are knockouts, you know, if you lose then you're knocked out right. Maybe this year, again. If not, there is a (legally?) filled up wallet 🤪  

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

49 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Kind of lame excuses and cherry picking there, and they are not even necessary unless you feel offended by the objective truth. (Are you a City fan? That would explain a lot)

Atletico was great, had the fire, the nuts and the right tactic for 180+ minutes (fun fact, even had the same number of shots on goal). Not like fearful and clueless Pep City. Sorry, i enjoyed that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

Kind of lame excuses and cherry picking there, and they are not even necessary unless you feel offended by the objective truth. (Are you a City fan? That would explain a lot)

On 8/11/2021 at 1:56 PM, Purps said:

🤣Image

That is actually @GR1ZZL3R on the local newspaper.

• Haha 5

It went bit overboard in the end but not that big deal, nothing to compare with Cantona kicking spectator or Ronaldo slapping kids phone 🤮

Simeone had right tactic but once again it wasn't enough. Close but no cigar. 

Liverpool is only team at the moment who can challenge City with attacking mentality, Real will probably try and most likely fail way worse than Atletico...

• Like 2

All this happen cause Foden while lying with apparent injury rolled over the pitch just to play was stopped. Savic overracted but with Foden having this very punchable face i dont know who would restrain from removing him like a bag of potatoes [not me]. Both teams were at fault. Personally i found it great, im missing this grit in football matches for years now. War at the pitch, indiffrence after 😅 I dont want broken legs or anything but i want to see fight and hate on the pitch and despair. Also there was no red for Felipe. Normal tackle, maybe a bit unlucky for Foden cause Felipe did catch him with his boot after. But it was no way second yellow. 

Simeone really outplayed Guardiola. That 2nd half was masterclass. Questions arises, could they play first half like this, could they be more attacking in first leg? Im thinking City was gassed out from Liverpool match and they just were out of air in the 2nd half.

City-Real is 60-40 just because fookin Carlo dont rotate [its enraging with the lead they have in la liga]. If he would it would be 50-50. It will be 70-30 if Benzema will miss some game. De Bruyne missing would be maybe less hard but still without him i rate Real a bit higher.

FQQZcX_WYAEA59n.jpg

Edited by jerry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

2 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Kind of lame excuses and cherry picking there, and they are not even necessary unless you feel offended by the objective truth.  Lame excuses definitely not needed, just pointing out that one team did what thousands of others have done before them in trying to protect a lead, as thousands will do in the future, and one team went way over the top as only a tiny minority do, as they became ever more desperate for an equaliser.  (Are you a City fan? That would explain a lot) I certainly am, who do you support? 

Atletico was great, had the fire, the nuts and the right tactic for 180+ minutes (fun fact, even had the same number of shots on goal). Not like fearful and clueless Pep City. Sorry, i enjoyed that. 

One team has a certain number of shots on goal and has the fire, nuts and right tactics but loses. The opposition has the same number of shots on goal, is fearful and clueless but wins 1-0. There just isn't any justice in the world but I enjoyed it, especially when it was all over. 

@GR1ZZL3RI support any kind of good football (could be joga bonito or grinding out a 0-0), specially what comes with some drama. So usually not Man City 😅 When Foden was three steps away from goal, but dribbled back to his own half...

I dont think Real has too much chance unless Benzema or VAR shows up big time. 😄 City or Pool, thats it. Head says Pool, but City should win on paper. Again. Noh?

When you lose a bet because of the linesman ! I had Rashford 1 shot on target @2.2 ! In the 2nd half he did have a shot on target only for the linesman to give off-side when he wasn't. If he had scored the VAR would have given the goal and I would have won my bet. How frustrating is that ? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

• Sad 2

Thats a big mistake, feelsbadman for the bet.

Atkinson was actually worse than ManU, and ManU was a tragedy. No effort, no fire, no cohesion (no faults what i needed badly...). The players watched the Liverpool magic from the nearest seat possible and none of them thought about putting up a fight. Pool played like its a training, and it was more than enough. I know about Ronaldo, but the difference in quality was the same at Old Trafford. 

image.thumb.png.c998b0031e6552c770e5708369269303.png

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I said it before and I'll say it again! Pep cannot do it all on his own, the City owners need to start spending money if they want to be competitive!

Spoiler

BALD FRAUD!!!!!

• Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Told you, i told you! Pep cant win CL anymore, clueless in the playoff stage. How can you concede three goals in ten minutes? And its not the first time when his team loses the plot like this. Overrated! 

This is the difference when you have history, and the players (not mercenaries) fight for that history, the shirt, the logo. The difference what we have seen against PSG and ManCity. 

Juicy, well deserved final, whoever wins, football (and humanity hehe) wins. 

https://v.fodder.gg/v/x3zybw

Moyes on his red card: "I have to apologise for kicking the ball but the ball boy left it short and it was nicely on the volley for me."

I know now this is funny and all but if he did struck that ball properly and hit the ballboy the damage could be massive. Boy was at the stairs and and if he would fall face down....yikes 🥶

Edited by jerry
  • Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist