LOTS OF PREMIER LEAGUE

Livertool

On 5/5/2022 at 10:06 AM, cris1285 said:

Juicy, well deserved final, whoever wins, football (and humanity hehe) wins. 

Whoever? No question about it, Real luck is over and 4-0 for Liverpool. Payback time 💪

Kind of bummer that City sealed pl win with that loss but upcoming triple is more than fine thou quadruple was target 🥳

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 8:06 AM, cris1285 said:

How can you concede three goals in ten minutes? 

image.png.66b003cfc128625a0d3f78ebce09cddb.png 

Apparently it's more common than you'ld think!

505049736_Screenshot(2277).png.5dc0a9c834ccd74e145179e1f23498b1.png 

Yet another last gasp win, the relief is immense, and genuinely best of luck to 'Pool next week.

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Can't really ask for better season ender, lots of drama, Gerrard and Coutinho made it interesting when it was suppose to be easy win and done deal for City. Again they were slightly better, just shows how little things it comes down to thou season is long. Salah missed penalty against Leicester at the end of last year and messing up 2-0 lead against Brighton at Anfield were first things that came to mind that could have changed outcome.

Oh well, new try next season. Once again i hope other teams will improve enough that they have legit chance to snatch points from City, really hard to win them with just h2h race and not going to be any easier with Haaland on board. WC in middle of season brings lot of matches in tight timefrime so that will be extra twist too, wide squad and rotation definitely needed in order to get through whole season without major hickups. Interesting to see transfers, who is in and out....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

image.png.66b003cfc128625a0d3f78ebce09cddb.png 

Apparently it's more common than you'ld think!

505049736_Screenshot(2277).png.5dc0a9c834ccd74e145179e1f23498b1.png 

Yet another last gasp win, the relief is immense, and genuinely best of luck to 'Pool next week.

Are you really comparing an average PL team to any team where Guardiola coached? 😄

An unexpected drama at the end made it quite interesting. Liverpool should have led earlier to apply more pressure to City... But i felt like even the players didnt expect this scenario and have been toothless. Too bad. Longer bench won again, nothing new.

Pool should regroup, otherwise it will be easy peasy for Real. 

2 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Are you really comparing an average PL team to any team where Guardiola coached? 😄

I'm not really comparing but I would dare to suggest that most top teams have conceded 3 goals in a very short time at some point. It happens. 

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

55 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

I'm not really comparing but I would dare to suggest that most top teams have conceded 3 goals in a very short time at some point. It happens. 

Doubt it, real (!) top teams dont use to collapse so badly in an important game, its a wannabe thing. 

I have a couple of them in mind:

- 2005 Liverpool - Milan we all know this classic, yeah it happens.

- 2014 Bayern - Real Real scored three in 15 mins

- 2015 Barca - Bayern last minutes disaster for Bayern (again)

- 2017 Barca - PSG the legendary 6-1

- 2018 Liverpool - Manchester City three goals roughly in twenty minutes 

- 2022 Real M - Manchester City quite fresh

Overrated clueless Guardiola 4 times, wannabe soldier teams 3 times. Not really a trend for real top contender teams, but enlighten me if im wrong about that, im really curious.

41 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

Doubt it, real (!) top teams dont use to collapse so badly in an important game, its a wannabe thing. 

I have a couple of them in mind:

- 2005 Liverpool - Milan we all know this classic, yeah it happens.

- 2014 Bayern - Real Real scored three in 15 mins

- 2015 Barca - Bayern last minutes disaster for Bayern (again)

- 2017 Barca - PSG the legendary 6-1

- 2018 Liverpool - Manchester City three goals roughly in twenty minutes 

- 2022 Real M - Manchester City quite fresh

Overrated clueless Guardiola 4 times, wannabe soldier teams 3 times. Not really a trend for real top contender teams, but enlighten me if im wrong about that, im really curious.

1999 cl final was classic meltdown too. Sure it was just 2 goals but no need for third in that case, i'm sure Teddy would have made it happen too if needed 😄

First player in already. Interesting prospect for future:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61548369

5 hours ago, cris1285 said:

image.png.a09e1ca7ceb641109f70570cb6637557.png 

Such a pity he's clueless, imagine what he could have won if he did have a clue!🤔

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

52 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

image.png.a09e1ca7ceb641109f70570cb6637557.png 

Such a pity he's clueless, imagine what he could have won if he did have a clue!🤔

Dont get me wrong, iirc i said here somewhere that he is the best coach when it comes to player development and teaching his overall strategy/philosophy. Thats great for longterm, winning the leagues left and right because of this consistency (and the ridicolously long bench).

But playoff matches are different, and he is one of the worst in that (among top coaches). The guy always overthinks, too conservative, and cant change during a match if his team is down. He cant stop the bleeding, as i showed through examples his teams used to suck 2-3 goals in few minutes because the guy is clueless. Since the Barca Dream Team (probably the most talented team ever) dude fails every season. 

He is the perfect coach until february, but need to replaced eveb by good old Roy Hodgson to win the bloody Champions League.

I really don't get the criticism of Pep, his record stands up to any scrutiny even in ko comps. Yes it's a while since he won a european trophy but look at all the domestic ko cups he has, 5 with City in 6 years, that's hardly the record of someone not knowing how to win one off matches. Of course I know there is always that touch of jealousy by those not as financially well off, but if all 20 teams in the premier league were owned by billionaires there would still only be one winner and 3 relegated, it's not always just about the money.  Pep's record is good enough for me and many others, and if he ultimately doesn't take the Champions League with City then so be it, 9 domestic trophies in 6 years is not a shabby record. 

29 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Of course I know there is always that touch of jealousy by those not as financially well off, but if all 20 teams in the premier league were owned by billionaires there would still only be one winner and 3 relegated, it's not always just about the money.  Pep's record is good enough for me...

GIF by MOODMAN

Kloppo with a net transfer investment of round about 215 M Euro since 2016. Bayern München with a similar sum. Chelsea with roughly 300 M Euro. Real Madrid with just 25 M Euro. These are the teams that won the UCL from 16/17-21/22.

Bald Fraud with 650 M Euro. And I'm not even talking about the salary budget...

Edited by WuDu
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

8 hours ago, WuDu said:

And so it goes, back to name calling. I'm happy with the knowledge there are many people with far more experience and knowledge than you that consider Pep one of the greatest managers. If he'd come to your club and won the same amount I suspect your opinion would be somewhat different.

giphy.gif.bb24de4b4d09d0169cda97b8e2b73b5b.gif

7 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

And so it goes, back to name calling. I'm happy with the knowledge there are many people with far more experience and knowledge than you that consider Pep one of the greatest managers. If he'd come to your club and won the same amount I suspect your opinion would be somewhat different.

FFY5zsaWUAg8NBf?format=jpg&name=small

There are also many people with far more experience and knowledge than me that consider Messi the greatest player in 2021. How did that turn out?

I just find it funny, that despite coaching ManCity on Sugar Daddy Cheat Mode money, coaching genius Pep didn't advance past the UCL 1/4-finals until 20/21. That's when it took a bought and paid for ref and a depleted BVB team to advance.

With Bayern, he took over the best team in the world at that time (triple winner 2013, backbone of the World Cup winner in 2014). Bayern reached the UCL final in 10, 12 and 13.

Pep reached the UCL semis with Bayern 3 times in a row from14-16, playing against Real, Barca and Atletico:

6 matches: 2 wins, 4 losses. 4:13 goals.

No comparison to someone like Kloppo who actually built up a team in each of his 3 clubs.

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

FFY5zsaWUAg8NBf?format=jpg&name=small

There are also many people with far more experience and knowledge than me that consider Messi the greatest player in 2021. How did that turn out?

I just find it funny, that despite coaching ManCity on Sugar Daddy Cheat Mode money, coaching genius Pep didn't advance past the UCL 1/4-finals until 20/21. That's when it took a bought and paid for ref and a depleted BVB team to advance.

With Bayern, he took over the best team in the world at that time (triple winner 2013, backbone of the World Cup winner in 2014). Bayern reached the UCL final in 10, 12 and 13.

Pep reached the UCL semis with Bayern 3 times in a row from14-16, playing against Real, Barca and Atletico:

6 matches: 2 wins, 4 losses. 4:13 goals.

No comparison to someone like Kloppo who actually built up a team in each of his 3 clubs.

I've no idea what the Messi reference is about. As for the rest of it, looking like the rantings of a sore loser. Our team lost, it was fixed, the ref was fixed, our brave and noble lads were beaten by a bunch of mercenaries and a crooked ref. It's so unfair, woe is me boo hoo!  Grow up lad, it's sport. Reminds me of the Trump fixed election scandal raving. How's that one going. Is there a theme developing here? 

19 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

image.png.f9322090b5e294001d20d95d823cb533.png

City's transfer list???

On 5/24/2022 at 1:19 AM, WuDu said:

Sure he has used lot of money and had lots of quality players but i don't think that takes away good job he has done with them. It ain't something to take granted for. Is it better to use 350M and almost be relegated like Everton 🤣 Or use only 100M and win nothing at all. And overall i think you are giving too much weight to cl, it is league trophy that comes first and others are xtra. Mourinho has won cl twice and once again in eurocup final tonight with his anti football tactics 🤮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

City's transfer list???

🤣

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Sure he has used lot of money and had lots of quality players but i don't think that takes away good job he has done with them. It ain't something to take granted for. Is it better to use 350M and almost be relegated like Everton 🤣 Or use only 100M and win nothing at all. And overall i think you are giving too much weight to cl, it is league trophy that comes first and others are xtra. Mourinho has won cl twice and once again in eurocup final tonight with his anti football tactics 🤮

Well said, it's all about the balancing act. Some teams have put themselves in horrible positions chasing a dream. A classic example was Leeds United in the latter years of their glory days, a european semi-final and huge spending plans for a new ground etc led to a financial meltdown, the sale of all their first teamers, a drop to the 3rd level and years to claw their way back. Two years back in the premier league and survival only just made on the last day. In the championship Fulham spent big to get back up, Huddersfield Town again have far exceeded expectations (wether they win or lose on Sunday) with a comparable tiny budget. 

As a side note my perfect weekend would be;

🏈Giants winning the challenge cup:                                      Obviously.

Liverpool winning the European Champions:                    Not as obvious (call me a chauvinist if                                                                                                          you must) but hoping for a good game.

The Terriers winning promotion:                                         Doubly obvious.

I won't be crying or moaning even if none of them happen, it's sport, just congratulating the winners, (maybe through gritted teeth.) 

Edited by GR1ZZL3R

19 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

🤣

Well said, it's all about the balancing act. Some teams have put themselves in horrible positions chasing a dream. A classic example was Leeds United in the latter years of their glory days, a european semi-final and huge spending plans for a new ground etc led to a financial meltdown, the sale of all their first teamers, a drop to the 3rd level and years to claw their way back. Two years back in the premier league and survival only just made on the last day. In the championship Fulham spent big to get back up, Huddersfield Town again have far exceeded expectations (wether they win or lose on Sunday) with a comparable tiny budget. 

As a side note my perfect weekend would be;

🏈Giants winning the challenge cup: Obviously.

Liverpool winning the European Champions: Not as obvious (call me a chauvinist if you must) but hoping for a good game.

🏒 Finland winning the World Championships: Probable ( I'm starting to like this game and need to find out if we have this sport in Yorkshire )

The Terriers winning promotion: Doubly obvious.

I won't be crying or moaning even if none of them happen, it's sport, just congratulating the winners, (maybe through gritted teeth.) 

FYP

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

City's transfer list???

But Mourinho knows how to win a big match (well, he rather knew in his prime), and it doesnt matter how. And honestly i think City is boring as hell, passing the ball from the penalty area back to Ederson several times, yikes.

Champions League is the best league, rightfully hyped. The very best teams, the very best players, the very best coaches. At the knockout stage every match is important, you have to show your quality, you have the champion mindset or not. Its like Wozniacki the danish ex tennisplayer. She has won many good tournaments, she was number one, but didnt have the game and mentality to win a Grand Slam until she got lucky. Good, but not great. Winning a leage is good, but the CL is greater. 

Look at the Premier League. We got two big teams picking up mostly easy three points with their team B, and playing against each other twice trying to avoid a loss. Who wins at the end? Who had less injuries (and players in Africa) and more quality players. Can you show your character against Watford or Everton? Do you have matches under pressure? Not really. But you can/have against Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. 

Also, most of the players mention Champions League and World Cup as a dream trophy, and there are teams where it became a habit to fire coaches who cant win CL (even tho wins the local league like Real). Im pretty sure City's main target was the CL trophy too, hunting for years already. 

Money is not everything, of course (Guardiola is the best mentor tho), but if you can buy any players, and literally without limit (and not for only a year or so like Leeds), thats way easier and disgusting. Pep always had it easy, Barcelona and Bayern was the best team in the world at the moment he got them - and successfully ruined the germans nice attacking style. Thats why he is overrated, the league wins are overrated, and as Wudu mentioned, never believe a knowledgeable pundit, explayer, current player or journalist who chose the overrated Messi as the best player last year. But we are living in a huge social media, dont we...

44 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

The very best teams, the very best players, the very best coaches.

Yes, that is why HJK also made it there 98-99 😆

47 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

At the knockout stage every match is important, you have to show your quality, you have the champion mindset or not

That is exactly why i don't rate it as high as winning league. It all comes down to winning one match or being better in two, lot of variance so best may not win. What comes to Wozniacki, i don't think comparing individual athlete to teamsport is valid point.

56 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

Look at the Premier League. We got two big teams picking up mostly easy three points with their team B, and playing against each other twice trying to avoid a loss. Who wins at the end? Who had less injuries (and players in Africa) and more quality players. Can you show your character against Watford or Everton? Do you have matches under pressure? Not really. But you can/have against Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. 

Not quite that easy to just show up in field and get 3 points. It is no secret why often champions start to lose their matches when they have secured trophy, shows instantly when team ain't in mindset to get points.

I'm not a fan of Guardiola and his playbook either but it gets the job done, they create enough good chances per match to get the points night after night so got to give credits whre they belong. I'll give them to Mourinho too but still hate him as manager 😁

1 hour ago, cris1285 said:

Pep always had it easy, Barcelona and Bayern was the best team in the world at the moment he got them -

That i agree and would be great to see him in club with more limited resources to see what he can do there but i don't think it is his fault that he has done good enough job as manager to be hired by big clubs with big money to use, is it?

Overall i don't really see what is this complaning about, it is like he have never won CL, done it twice and unfortunately i'm sure he'll win again. But not this year, i heard rumours that win is so sure that Liverpool already engraved to trophy 🤫

6 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Pep always had it easy, Barcelona and Bayern was the best team in the world at the moment he got them - and successfully ruined the germans nice attacking style. Thats why he is overrated, the league wins are overrated, and as Wudu mentioned, never believe a knowledgeable pundit, explayer, current player or journalist who chose the overrated Messi as the best player last year. But we are living in a huge social media, dont we...

Finally someone gets it...

4 hours ago, Livertool said:

That is exactly why i don't rate it as high as winning league. It all comes down to winning one match or being better in two, lot of variance so best may not win. 

That's right, however if you can spend money without any economical restraints, the toughest opponents are not to be found in the national leagues for these sugar daddy clubs but in the UCL.

If you can spend 120 M Euro on Jack Grealish (top transfer in 2021 in the world), yet he's your #15 guy in minutes played in the UCL and #10 in the PL without being injured, it's pretty easy to beat up Norwich, Leeds or Watford. 

13 hours ago, WuDu said:

If you can spend 120 M Euro on Jack Grealish (top transfer in 2021 in the world), yet he's your #15 guy in minutes played in the UCL and #10 in the PL without being injured, it's pretty easy to beat up Norwich, Leeds or Watford. 

True but i don't get what his poor money usage got to do with success. If you got platinum card with no limit to use, it would be foolish to not to use it. Wenger was always reluctant to use big money on quality players and prefered cheap prospects and in the end it bit him and Arsenal in the ass.

23 minutes ago, Livertool said:

True but i don't get what his poor money usage got to do with success. If you got platinum card with no limit to use, it would be foolish to not to use it. Wenger was always reluctant to use big money on quality players and prefered cheap prospects and in the end it bit him and Arsenal in the ass.

spock you dont say GIF

You don't think the ability to net spend more on transfers than Chelsea, Liverpool and Real combined has something to do with the success in the PL? Accumulating depth to rotate players in like 120 M man Grealish, 45 M man Ake or 63 M man Sterling around the UCL 1/2-finals to beat up Leeds and Watford?

It's a little bit like celebrating Brocky for his poker "success". 🤣

• Haha 1