LOTS OF PREMIER LEAGUE

Livertool

10 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Ole survived the break, only to hit a new low. Bravo!

At the meantime Chelsea and Liverpool literally sweeped the floor with strong rivals. 

I don't think he is man at all, more like cockroach when it is this hard to get rid of him. But surely he will be sacked now until next weekend or it will be 6-0 to Chelsea.

Don't mind otherwise but it hurts my brain to see team with those players to play so badly. To pay decent amount every month to see quality football but end up watching finnish division 2 level of playing is not good value for money 😄

And more importantly for the title race, it wouldn't hurt that ManU play as good as we can expect with that material. Chelsea is looking like million dollars right now and we are missing Salah, Mane, Keita (20 goals between them out of 35)for a month in january so mixed results really needed in order to keep title race tight.

Sancho at least with a nice pre-assist, let's see how he does under Zidane or whoever shows up next...

However what's going on with Emmanuel Dennis? Does Watford make extra sure that he's getting his favourite spot on the team bus? 😄 4 goals and 5 assists now so far after showing nothing for Köln last year. Since he scored twice vs Real 2 years ago, his performance seems rather flukey...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Sancho at least with a nice pre-assist

Certainly was one of best out of bad team, i guess that is something positive.

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

what's going on with Emmanuel Dennis?

Impact of playing under manager who knows what he is doing? With Ranieri 4 matches and 2+4

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

Interesting to see who they'll find to replace him when there ain't too many legit options. If rumours are true and Zidane is not too motivated, luring him in with just money could be yet another bad desicion.

coach champion GIF

• Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

4 hours ago, Livertool said:

Maybe not bad option? Is he good for anything @WuDu ? Internet says he is godfather of modern german coaching which promises a lot but he has also been smurf coach and nothing modern in that team 😄

Depends! Do you have a lot of money and want to build up a team from scratch? Then bringing in Rangnick makes sense. Let him implement a structure and set up his system to scout and develop young players and in a few years, you're likely having an interesting team on your hand.

Are you an established team looking to win titles right now? Lord have mercy! 😱🤣

Into which category does ManUtd fall? There you have my answer...

https://deadspin.com/coach-pulls-hammy-trying-run-away-from-celebratory-beer-1775621019

giphy.gif

🍻

Out of the top of my head, I believe Rangnick led 4 clubs into the 1. Bundesliga: Ulm in 99 (he was fired a few matchdays before the end of the year but still laid the groundwork), Hannover in 02, Hoffenheim in 08 and Red Bull in 16. Hoffenheim and Red Bull were built from the ground up by him (and a shitload of money, of course).

In the Bundesliga, he's 37th all time with 1,48 PPG for coaches with >100 games. Ahead of him are guys like Adolf H., Hasenhüttl, Slomka 🤣, Tuchel, Magath, Klopp, Favre, Daum and Nagelsmann. All coaches who also had to build up teams or were coaching small clubs at one point in their career.

Poor coaches or average guys like Doll, Hecking and Huub Stevens have similar PPG records.

In Germany, Rangnick won 1 title! The cup in 2011 with the smurfs. However that was the year he took over for Felix Magath late in the season. On that team he had Neuer, Matip, Draxler, Raul, Huntelaar, Rakitic and Farfan. Plus some solid role players and vets like Höwedes (won the WC in 14) and Jermaine Jones.

Even Jogi Löw won the German cup once and we all know that he's a useless bum. 

• Like 1

5vp6rh.jpg

• Haha 2

My pick is that Rangnick will be a disaster. More feeling than convinction but i dont think there will be any takers of his gegenpressing, too many lazy in defensive aspects players there [Shaw,Bruno,Ronaldo,Sancho,Martial,Lingard,Pogba etc]

And even if i really want Conte to succeed since i like Tottenham since Anderton/Ginola/Klinsmann days  i think he will end up like this 😁😆

FFEGvKcXEAYkTW7.jpg

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

19 minutes ago, jerry said:

My pick is that Rangnick will be a disaster.

Pl title is gone for this season, cl hardly unlikely, fa-cup is possible if he gets team playin up to potential and little bit of luck with draws. Main thing is to get them to top 4 in league which is totally doable.

But he is staying at the club after this short manager job to develope team in long run and if he is as good at it as wudu says, i think this was wise move.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Livertool said:

But he is staying at the club after this short manager job to develope team in long run and if he is as good at it as wudu says, i think this was wise move.

I said "long-term" development, meaning being in full charge with a 5 year contract and a 10 year time-frame to develop the organisation. A 2 year deal to consult the club without any real power won't have much impact.

To me, Newcastle would be a good fit for Rangnick. ManUtd? Not really. I'm pretty sure almost 37 year old CR7 is happily looking forward to spending his energy on pressing the opposing team. 😂

• Like 1

Organisation is pretty strong as it is, they got money and resources, problem has been mainly on sportside with really no plan how to build modern winning team. If he can first help them to find legit manager as his follower and players that they actually need, that itself should be huge improvement to post Alex era.

So far there has not been anything wrong with CR work ethics, problems have been elsewhere. No point of pressing if it don't happen collectively with team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Organisation is pretty strong as it is, they got money and resources, problem has been mainly on sportside with really no plan how to build modern winning team. If he can first help them to find legit manager as his follower and players that they actually need, that itself should be huge improvement to post Alex era.

So far there has not been anything wrong with CR work ethics, problems have been elsewhere. No point of pressing if it don't happen collectively with team.

Well, it's a pity that the sportside is the #1 reason to determine whether or not we have a strong organisation, isn't it?

My point is, over the past 10 years, United net spent over 1 B Euros in transfer fees. 1 billion! They won the EPL once (in Ferguson's last season) over the past 10 years. Since Ferguson is gone, they're only averaging 1.8 PPG (Tottenham: 1,83; Chelsea: 1,95; Pool: 2,05; City: 2,22).

They reached the 1/4-finals of the UCL only twice over the last 10 years.

So if United outspends Tottenham by round about 800 M Euro on the transfer market alone over the last 10 years, that's a steep prize to pay for the same results. 

And that's what I meant, where is United's long term strategy? Which players have been developed to the positive since playing there? CR7, Bruno Fernandes and...

In order to fix that, you need to build the whole organisation from the ground up, but that's not going to happen with Rangnick being the interim head coach and then consulting them for 2 more years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

Well, it's a pity that the sportside is the #1 reason to determine whether or not we have a strong organisation, isn't it?

No 🙂

Being able to use that kind of money without much success and not being bankrubt is sign of strong organization.

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

And that's what I meant, where is United's long term strategy?

That we do agree but i don't see that in order to get one it is necessary to blow up whole organization. 

To bring in new playstyle/identity don't happen over night but they already got good players for many positions, january they can maybe fill up gaps with players that they actually need and not just buy because name in shirt like OG did, and that is big step forward. Then to find manager to continue that work is next step. Is Rangnick up for this task remains to be seen.

Only third of season behind but already huge match not only towards possible relegation but also what kind of players can Newcastle get in january. My sympathy would be with Norwich (and greatest striker in the world 😛 ) anyhow but i also wouldn't mind to see mr sugardaddy sitting at icy rain championship match next season 🤪

IMG_20211130_145104.thumb.JPG.0712a13e5a154fc7a4f48b5ad91ab260.JPG

• Like 1

"Rolf" Rangnick having a good presser, probably helps that he studied and graduated from university to be an English teacher. Still, I don't see it working out in the end, but good for him to accept this challenge.

"Top star players at Schalke" sounds so weird now...

• Haha 2

😁😂

Cant stop kicking myself that i didnt put money on Everton when they were losing, pretty sure i saw there more than 20. Had btts big bet and i put something for a draw in about 70minute, and somehow didnt bet any coins on Everton 🤪. All i had in my head is that they were in really terrible form and a draw will be max...

Hard to understand how the lego hair gentleman still keeps his job, whenever i see that team they play terrible/passive football.  I realy think he is in the lowest three of all premiership managers. This squad isnt the world beaters, but they should at least play nicer football.

Edited by jerry
  • Confused 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Cant stop kicking myself that i didnt put money on Everton

Same here. But after 2 goals taken away from Richarlison for being centimeter off side, i thought that will lead more likely to frustration than getting even or winning the game. Shows what i know 😄

Arsenal seems to be just home field team at the moment, not only for results but how they play there is much better.

• Like 1