LOTS OF PREMIER LEAGUE

Livertool

37 minutes ago, Livertool said:

True but i don't get what his poor money usage got to do with success. If you got platinum card with no limit to use, it would be foolish to not to use it. Wenger was always reluctant to use big money on quality players and prefered cheap prospects and in the end it bit him and Arsenal in the ass.

City spends more than any other club to win the Champions League, not the Premier League. City is the only club with two contender starting elevens, because even the bench is full of worldclass players. And still not enough, and still fails like a donk every time. That says something to me. 

You say lot of variance, best may not win the CL. I wouldnt say that, you have to show your best every game in the knockout stage. Also, variance ducked up Liverpool's chances this year in the PL because of the bloody Africa Cup. Last year as well, you said the injuries caused the lack of consistency. What would you which team is better this season, City or Pool. Of course Pool, and we knew who won at the end.

I enjoy this discussion, its great that we see it in a different way. I just dont understand why 😅 (except biased @GR1ZZL3R)

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

You don't think the ability to net spend more on transfers than Chelsea, Liverpool and Real combined has something to do with the success in the PL?

Not really, Chelsea or Liverpool didn't fall cause they don't have money burn or not enough quality players at bench. Chelsea just sucked in long run, some good matches and then some terrible ones, especially with their attackers which is funny cause they spend 100M for Lukaku to solve their attacking issues yet kept playing Havertz and Werner who just can't score.

Liverpool didn't lose single point while players were in Africe champs so extra money to transfers or more players wouldn't help at all.

Overall Grealish did slim to none to help City this year so that money spend didn't help City at all either. Just bad money usage, nothing to do with City's performance. And City's bench ain't even that wide, they got pretty much 10 men that they use to fill 6 midfielder/attacker spots so that is 4 men to rotate 😉

• Like 1

I enjoy these discussions as well, at least insofar as they are discussions and not some general naysaying just because of bias. Of course I'm biased,  I'm a Citizen, how many unbiased fans do you know? At least some of you have some regard for Pep in certain aspects. If a multi billionaire bought your team and took Pep on, six years later having won 4 league titles and 5 ko cups but failing miserably to win a Champions League (it's not a league) I dare say opinions might be slightly altered. City were bought not solely to win the Champions League Cup but to create a world wide brand along the way, winning trophies being part of that process. Pep was brought in to win the Champions League Cup but not that exclusively at the cost of other trophies. He may have failed at that (so far) but that does not class him as a failure, at least not in my eyes. (I'm a fan by the way). Sacking someone after one or two attempts to win something is extreme short termism, is six years a long enough stretch. That's for others to decide, not us fans or non fans. 

As for the spending debate, it's not always just a case of how much but how it's spent. Is anyone seriously saying that anybody could walk into one of the richest clubs in the world and have instant success just by waving the cheque book? I suggest it's a little more complicated than that but it's a debate that has been raging for years. City won the league title in 67-68 and were accused of buying it, spending around £250,000, that might buy a player's big toe these days. Since then Liverpool, Blackburn and others have been accused of buying titles, it's all nonsense really. At one stage Chelsea were accused of buying everybody just so that other teams couldn't, and then having to loan them out everywhere. Not every big signing makes an instant big hit, I suspect Grealish had a little bit of a shock when he found one of Pep's main philosophies is "don't lose the ball", something he's not been used to. I'm hoping Pep continues his record of improving some players, maybe letting Grealish off the leash next season and run more at defences.

I never know how far to go or for how long to keep these discussions up. I have my opinions, highly likely to be biased,  others have theirs, maybe or maybe not biased, but I'm not trying to convert anyone, they are only opinions.  Mine are right. 🤣

giphy.gif.9cca52fbc53a9cb33ec4c0ca9af50e71.gif

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

5 hours ago, Livertool said:

Overall Grealish did slim to none to help City this year so that money spend didn't help City at all either. Just bad money usage, nothing to do with City's performance. And City's bench ain't even that wide, they got pretty much 10 men that they use to fill 6 midfielder/attacker spots so that is 4 men to rotate 😉

Except that when Real burned money on Hazard and Reinier in 2019/20, they did have 2 summer transfer windows with close to no investments at all. Their bad decisions lead to economic consequences.

Shitty goes on to pay 300-350 M Euro for the total Haaland package just one year after buying Grealish for 120 M. 

Again, it's the Brocky-way of generating "success".

Back to Pep, don't forget, he already took on a loaded team, as they spent round about 800 M Euros in net transfer investments over the 8 years prior to him joining the club.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Except that when Real burned money on Hazard and Reinier in 2019/20, they did have 2 summer transfer windows with close to no investments at all. Their bad decisions lead to economic consequences.

Shitty goes on to pay 300-350 M Euro for the total Haaland package just one year after buying Grealish for 120 M.                                                                                                                               Name calling again, not a good sign.

Again, it's the Brocky-way of generating "success".                                Since when was Brocky a multi billionaire, or City scamming fellow players for loans. This statement bears no comparison to reality. 

Back to Pep, don't forget, he already took on a loaded team, as they spent round about 800 M Euros in net transfer investments over the 8 years prior to him joining the club.                   And Pep won four league titles, four EFL cups and one FA cup. So did he win them A because he took over a loaded team, B because he spent a lot of money, C a combination of both, D he's a top coach, E he was lucky or F non of the above. 

It goes deeper than money being the cause and effect, taking over a team that has spent a lot of money and spending more money does not automatically lead to success. You're going round in circles banging on about the money, that will never prove that Pep's a bad coach. I doubt he'll ever end up in charge of a team with a limited budget so we may never truly know how good a coach he is or isn't. There's also variance. That can be seen in the following table, the most successful team in the ECL over the last ten years not even on the list, Real Madrid, and the top three spenders not having won it in that time. Fourteen big spending English teams there, only Liverpool and Chelsea winning it. 

image.png.3a28610eb66f30f573fbfeed7357b3b1.png 

It looks like a huge difference between 1st and 20th but only €800 M over 10 years, less than 1 top player per year. I don't think money is the number 1 reason for success.

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

10 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

It goes deeper than money being the cause and effect, taking over a team that has spent a lot of money and spending more money does not automatically lead to success. You're going round in circles banging on about the money, that will never prove that Pep's a bad coach. I doubt he'll ever end up in charge of a team with a limited budget so we may never truly know how good a coach he is or isn't. There's also variance. That can be seen in the following table, the most successful team in the ECL over the last ten years not even on the list, Real Madrid, and the top three spenders not having won it in that time. Fourteen big spending English teams there, only Liverpool and Chelsea winning it. 

It looks like a huge difference between 1st and 20th but only €800 M over 10 years, less than 1 top player per year. I don't think money is the number 1 reason for success.

You may ask Bayern Munich fans 🤔

He will never be a coach of Cagliari or Watford, obviously. But never had a big team in any kind of crisis. Mourinho, Ancelotti, Klopp, Tuchel, Flick etc built up a team from "ashes" (some of them not even once), while Pep always had them ready (and really ruined Bayern). He should win the CL here or build up PSG or any italian team to be a top coach IMHO. Until that he is only a summer top coach, or i would rather say, a genius mentor. 

11 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

"It looks like a huge difference between 1st and 20th but only €800 M over 10 years, less than 1 top player per year. I don't think money is the number 1 reason for success."

disappointed the wire GIF

Yeah, no big deal, just one team able to buy one de Bruyne or Lukaku extra per year over 10 years. No big deal! 😆

So the top-2 net spenders won the PL a combined 6 out of the last 10 times? 🤣

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 5/26/2022 at 7:57 PM, WuDu said:

Again, it's the Brocky-way of generating "success"

Brocky had success??? 

On 5/26/2022 at 7:57 PM, WuDu said:

Back to Pep, don't forget, he already took on a loaded team, as they spent round about 800 M Euros in net transfer investments over the 8 years prior to him joining the club.

I don't know anymore what we are talking about here. I thought we were talking about that you guys say he sucks as manager but now it is turning to something else. Sure he has always entered already good team and had money to burn however none of those teams have underperformed while he was manager. Quite opposite, champs after champs.

13 hours ago, cris1285 said:

(and really ruined Bayern)

How? They were champs when Pep was there and have been after he left. Don't understand how he ruined the team.

13 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Tuchel

C'mon 🤣

Worst fail in pl this season. All the assets yet nothing to deliver. Did the minimum with securing cl postion. And while dissing Pep for how they dropped out of cl this season, remember how it went for PSG against ManU in 2018 under Tuchel? 

PS. Never thought i would be guarding Pep this much but these accusations are just so nuts 🙈 🙉

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Livertool said:

Brocky had success??? 

I don't know anymore what we are talking about here. I thought we were talking about that you guys say he sucks as manager but now it is turning to something else. Sure he has always entered already good team and had money to burn however none of those teams have underperformed while he was manager. Quite opposite, champs after champs.

How? They were champs when Pep was there and have been after he left. Don't understand how he ruined the team.

C'mon 🤣

Worst fail in pl this season. All the assets yet nothing to deliver. Did the minimum with securing cl postion. And while dissing Pep for how they dropped out of cl this season, remember how it went for PSG against ManU in 2018 under Tuchel? 

PS. Never thought i would be guarding Pep this much but these accusations are just so nuts 🙈 🙉

Come on bro! Bayern played total football under Heynckess, playing CL final after CL final and won it in 2013. With Pep? Semifinal humiliation, if not your memory, google is your friend. Bundesliga wins are not valueable at Bayern, come on bro!

Come on bro, Chelsea had plenty of problems this year. Injuries, the big signing, Lukaku had mental and physical issues, russian war had a big impact etc. And let me remind you what happened a year ago in the CL final: Tuchel outplayed Guardiola, the catalan had no answer. Nothing, faded away when it mattered, as always. This alone can give you a clue who is a better coach when it comes to being under pressure. Come on bro! 😅

3 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Bundesliga wins are not valueable at Bayern

Really? Ok then.

Bayern played total football under Heynckess, playing CL final after CL final and won it in 2013. With Pep?

So when Pep couldn't match Heynckness achievements, he sucks. Nothing to do with seasons not being brothers among others? Ok then.

Chelsea had plenty of problems this year. Injuries, the big signing, Lukaku had mental and physical issues, russian war had a big impact etc. And let me remind you what happened a year ago in the CL final: Tuchel outplayed Guardiola, the catalan had no answer.

Well, not really. They were out of race already when war started, they got players to cover injuries except maybe James but that happened also so late in the season that didn't have affect. Lukaku didn't get to field even when fit so no loss there either.

Yes bus was parked right and they made goal pretty much only chance they had. Great coaching and victory to football? Ok then.

I stand with nuts and sign out 😆

Edited by Livertool

Dont tell me, the british again. Rumour says many Pool fans got inside with no ticket, and even more still trying to enter, thats the reason of this chaos... Euro final in Wembley vibes ☹️

Hopefully this delay doesnt duck up the match. Well, hopefully it starts today. 😆

6 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

Dont tell me, the british again. Rumour says many Pool fans got inside with no ticket, and even more still trying to enter, thats the reason of this chaos... Euro final in Wembley vibes ☹️

Hopefully this delay doesnt duck up the match. Well, hopefully it starts today. 😆

• Confused 1

Thats the champions mentality i have talked about and some teams (coach, player) just dont have it, but Real Madrid has it all. Many of these guys won the Champions League 4-5 times, that experience paid off again. Unreal journey from the loss vs Sheriff at home to beating PSG, Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool on a scenic route, just couldnt be tougher. 

Pool didnt have the pace thanks to Real, and came short again only in few days, which is sad, but the season was great except for TAA (what a mistake again tonight). 

Ducking Pool fans, rushed inside without ticket, and left asap, beautiful this karma. Hopefully they left in peace not like last summer...

• Haha 1

image.png.e77249eca426f4fd504ce7e7fb348594.png

Ancelotti > Bald Fraud.

image.png.433c99736ad936c13c7d5bba97ed430d.png

Well, well, well, Ancelotti also beating up Pep heads-up if you ignore the unfair matches with Everton. On equal footing, he met Pep 4 times in the UCL semi-finals:

3 wins, 1 loss. 11-5 goals.

Fa Cup Football GIF by BT Sport

Edited by WuDu

Yeah, another victory for snoozeball over fussball. Two years in a row now 🤮

Absolutely nothing to remember about match, nothing positive at least but trophy is trophy so weldone Real for killing the game and getting the one chance for one goal that they were looking for.

@Livertool I'm demanding answers!

On 5/29/2022 at 9:37 AM, Livertool said:

Yeah, another victory for snoozeball over fussball. Two years in a row now 🤮

Absolutely nothing to remember about match, nothing positive at least but trophy is trophy so weldone Real for killing the game and getting the one chance for one goal that they were looking for.

Liverpool - Tottenham was fussball ha? 😄 The worst final ever (alongside Juve). 

Has there ever been a club that's getting cucked harder by a single player than ManUtd when it comes to Paul Pogba?

image.png.f47c17f8f2a515a2460572a6b8806d3c.png

Money GIF

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...