LOTS OF PREMIER LEAGUE

Livertool

41 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Unfortunately I can't. Technically they have (thanks to the former skinflint owner) £190m to spend means even your shooting star Haaland can be the target.😄Coutinho could join in January, but Ramsey, van de Beek, Lautaro Martinez, are on the list, and thanks to Donnarumma's arrival, the best unterrated goalie Navas is  a potential target. They are rumours about Sergio Ramos, and already contacted to Lenglet so we will see a very strong NU next year.

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2021/10/12/22722442/newcastle-ask-barcelona-about-clement-lenglet-report

Except Navas and Lautaro, you have to be trolling here. Ramsey, Lenglet with 100 mins so far in league and UCL, van de Beek with even less. Ramos hasn't even played. Like I said, it'll be The Expendables looking to get paid. I wouldn't even want these guys playing for free for the BVB.

I don't think these kind of players are going to make Mino change his mind:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/erling-haaland-to-hold-talks-with-manchester-city-in-january-over-potential-summer-move-hb8gxsk7w

This will be Hertha 2.0 on a bigger scale.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

What do you think @WuDu: is Bellingham good enough to lead Newcastle to the top4?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12428783/newcastle-united-transfer-rumours-graham-potter-or-steven-gerrard-to-replace-steve-bruce-at-st-james-park

It would be awesome is Gerrard would be the next coach. Mr. Tool would be in trouble naming his favourite team.😀

17 hours ago, WuDu said:

Except Navas and Lautaro, you have to be trolling here.

This will be Hertha 2.0 on a bigger scale.

Nope, Hertha is a freezeout but this group is an unlimited rebuy tourney. Imagine you are playing a rebuy tournament and your oppenent goes allin almost every round. No matter what he have, will continue this behavior. No result after the last transfer window? No problem, we could spend another 100+ in the next window and so on, till result will show up. The target is result and it doesn't matter how much does it costs, what is freaking terrible.

2 hours ago, psrquack said:

What do you think @WuDu: is Bellingham good enough to lead Newcastle to the top4?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12428783/newcastle-united-transfer-rumours-graham-potter-or-steven-gerrard-to-replace-steve-bruce-at-st-james-park

It would be awesome is Gerrard would be the next coach. Mr. Tool would be in trouble naming his favourite team.😀

I would have been open to the idea of dating the 25 year old versions of Alessandra Ambrosio or Adriana Lima. Didn't mean it happened, though...🤣

Nope, Hertha is a freezeout but this group is an unlimited rebuy tourney. Imagine you are playing a rebuy tournament and your oppenent goes allin almost every round. No matter what he have, will continue this behavior. No result after the last transfer window? No problem, we could spend another 100+ in the next window and so on, till result will show up. The target is result and it doesn't matter how much does it costs, what is freaking terrible.

So Newcastle is buying into a rebuy for 5.000 chips, goes all-in with 74o, loses to my QQ and now I have 10.000 chips while they buy in for 5.000 again until another one picks them off again and again and again...

Again, this is not Chelsea from 18 years ago. City and PSG net spent way over a billion Euros in transfer fees each to be where they are today and even these two clubs have talent coming out of their youth academies. Chelsea almost has two decades of experience handling sugar daddy money and implemented their loan army over time. Man United is the most valuable club in the world (or at least very close to the top). Liverpool is a special place to play.

Just having money to spend doesn't mean you can get the players you want playing for you. We already established that...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

I would have been open to the idea of dating the 25 year old versions of Alessandra Ambrosio or Adriana Lima. Didn't mean it happened, though...🤣

So Newcastle is buying into a rebuy for 5.000 chips, goes all-in with 74o, loses to my QQ and now I have 10.000 chips while they buy in for 5.000 again until another one picks them off again and again and again...

Again, this is not Chelsea from 18 years ago. City and PSG net spent way over a billion Euros in transfer fees each to be where they are today and even these two clubs have talent coming out of their youth academies. Chelsea almost has two decades of experience handling sugar daddy money and implemented their loan army over time. Man United is the most valuable club in the world (or at least very close to the top). Liverpool is a special place to play.

Just having money to spend doesn't mean you can get the players you want playing for you. We already established that...

Let's imagine you have doubled up with that QQ, but lost all the weapons you can use at the table. No raise preflop, no 2nd barrel, no c-bet, no semi bluff, no implied odds, no call to catch a bluff, just preflop allin. If you will be lucky you will survive the rebuy period, but this depends on your cards, and the bully will just register to another tourney.

Birmingham has a very good talent academy. Now it will be another club who will be able to sign those talents. Prices will increase what is not good for your club.

I think knowing what Chelsea and PSG did looks like a helping hand what to do and what don't. The way to the top is getting more easier and all the tricks are revealed. Even Rummenigge feels something is wrong with the Financial Fair Play.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2021/10/10/6162e29d46163fe47a8b456f.html

Yeah, currently MU and Liverpool are a very good brands, but if you are investing 0,75 pounds and your oppenent 1 you will lose the race. Remember what happened to Nottingham Forest (2 times UCL winner) or to HSV, Bremen, 1860 München. If there is no money they will sink fast to lower division.

Edited by psrquack
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, psrquack said:

I would go for manager that has more experience and proof of able to build winning team, long deal for him and he gets to decide players he needs, not that sugar daddy just brings in players based on name.

In 2-3 years team should be ready to fight for title and bit longer run some trophy will come eventually.

I have plan ready, maybe i'll send application 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psrquack said:

Let's imagine you have doubled up with that QQ, but lost all the weapons you can use at the table. No raise preflop, no 2nd barrel, no c-bet, no semi bluff, no implied odds, no call to catch a bluff, just preflop allin. If you will be lucky you will survive the rebuy period, but this depends on your cards, and the bully will just register to another tourney.

And why would that happen to other clubs with sugar daddy money? 

I think knowing what Chelsea and PSG did looks like a helping hand what to do and what don't. The way to the top is getting more easier and all the tricks are revealed.

Which tricks? Paying 222 M Euro for Neymar or 160 M Euro for Mbappe? But here comes the kicker: These players wanted to go to PSG and want to live in Paris. Good luck persuading Joao Felix or Pedri to come to freaking Newcastle. 😀 Or Niklas Süle:

https://onefootball.com/de/news/trotz-megagehalt-suele-hat-kein-interesse-an-einem-wechsel-zu-newcastle-united-33905931

When even Nutella-Nikki doesn't want to play there...😝

Birmingham has a very good talent academy. Now it will be another club who will be able to sign those talents. Prices will increase what is not good for your club.

Here, you're making a logical mistake! For clubs like the BVB or other teams looking to sell players, all that Saudi money is like manna from heaven! Sugar daddy clubs usually go for established players first. Besides which non-retarded youth player moves to a sugar daddy club? Remember Rabbi Matondo? Came out of the ManCity youth academy and made the mistake of his life to go to Schalke for 9 M Euro. Where is he now? Fighting relegation in Belgium! Picking the right team as a young player is absolutely essential. 

9 hours ago, WuDu said:

And why would that happen to other clubs with sugar daddy money? 

Still can't agree with you, sorry. We have started the discussion how Newcastle could reach top4 in England. Method is simple, just making an offer to all possible players. If Süle doesn't want to move to Newcastle? Who cares, there are 10 other worms on the hook. You have called this project Hertha 2.0. It's not, becasue they are ready ot invest much more money and as i have written, they are knowing the tricks to make that legal. Currently they are 3 clubs in England who can play the unlimited rebuy in the player's transfer market. City, Chelsea and United if they want. Liverpool is a special place to play but not a sugar daddy club, but there is a rumour about Mo Salah for £250million offer.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-mo-salah-newcastle-takeover-21848529

I also don't think I have made a logical mistake. I agree choosing the next step for young players is important, but if a young player would have more options inside England (and Newcastle will be the +1 option) why would he choose a german Bundesliga? If not Newcastle then Leicester, Arsenal, Tottenham, because the have sold their aces to sugar daddy clubs.

In other words if you want to buy the next polsih top scorer  you couldn't do it for fair price because the appearance of another sugar daddy club will increase the prices. Like in poker, more pros, less fishes, less profit. Less profit, less salaries, weaker players, less success in domestic and international market. Less marketing value, etc. I see the future of top-average clubs like yours very dark.

Still can't agree with you, sorry. We have started the discussion how Newcastle could reach top4 in England. Method is simple, just making an offer to all possible players. If Süle doesn't want to move to Newcastle? Who cares, there are 10 other worms on the hook. You have called this project Hertha 2.0. It's not, becasue they are ready ot invest much more money and as i have written, they are knowing the tricks to make that legal. Currently they are 3 clubs in England who can play the unlimited rebuy in the player's transfer market. City, Chelsea and United if they want. Liverpool is a special place to play but not a sugar daddy club, but there is a rumour about Mo Salah for £250million offer.

There's no rumour for a Salah transfer, it's just the wet fever dream of a former ManUtd player. "What if they offered xxx M Euro for player xxx from xxx..." You think they have 10 other interior defenders on the hook? With extensive UCL experience? And on a level with Süle? In the Bundesliga, there's Akanji, but that's it...

Do you think the other sugar daddy clubs just let MBS waltz in there and reduce the profitability of their own investments?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-premier-league-meeting-21841656 

Think again. Of course Newcastle will overspend like crazy, but it's not like they can throw around monopoly money paying everyone 30 M Euro in salary per year and 100 M transfer fees; not for budget reasons but rather due to PR and regulations.

I also don't think I have made a logical mistake. I agree choosing the next step for young players is important, but if a young player would have more options inside England (and Newcastle will be the +1 option) why would he choose a german Bundesliga? If not Newcastle then Leicester, Arsenal, Tottenham, because the have sold their aces to sugar daddy clubs.

In other words if you want to buy the next polsih top scorer  you couldn't do it for fair price because the appearance of another sugar daddy club will increase the prices. Like in poker, more pros, less fishes, less profit. Less profit, less salaries, weaker players, less success in domestic and international market. Less marketing value, etc. I see the future of top-average clubs like yours very dark.

Don't you think Bellingham, Haaland and Sancho had offers from other PL clubs as well before they moved to the BVB? Why do you think Nkunku, Nianzou, Zagadou, Diaby (and Coulibaly, Kamara) left PSG for the Bundesliga? Because here they can develop and get a fair chance. How did Reiss Nelson do at Arsenal after his promising Bundesliga stint? Not too well and now he's warming the bench for Feyenoord.

Again, "the next Polish top scorer" will definitely not move directly from the Ekstraklasa to a sugar daddy club.  Remember your sleeper Robert Bozenik from a few years back?

https://www.transfermarkt.de/robert-bozenik/profil/spieler/454576

From Slovakia to Feyenoord and now riding the bench in the 2. Bundesliga.

I don't see Salah or any other top form starting lineup player as realistic transfers at the moment, not until Newcastle is in a position that they can fight for domestic and european titles.

But lots of quality players sitting in bench of top teams who could join to get steady time on field and rather play and wait for possible titles few years than win trophies sitting at bench. Young rising stars also possible among older farts who can still play well but only year or two left in top level. And players from teams that struggle financially like Barca if they have to cut down expences.

So i don't see buying players as problem, options are out there as long they get quality manager who knows how to build winning team.

• 2 weeks later...

Sugar daddy clubs means money from heaven for Buli clubs, or?

"The Bayer Leverkusen CEO, Fernando Carro, believes the Bundesliga risks turning into a “development league” for the Premier League if it cannot find a way to bridge the gap between the TV revenue earned by the two leagues."

“We tried to buy a player in the summer and in the end a promoted side from the Premier League was able to pay more money and a higher salary than us, a top four side in Germany. The Premier League has so much more money and resources than any other country. This is not good for us. Definitely not.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/21/not-good-for-us-bayer-leverkusens-ceo-on-premier-league-clubs-spending-power

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

“We tried to buy a player in the summer and in the end a promoted side from the Premier League was able to pay more money and a higher salary than us

Looking at promoted team transfers, i wonder who. Ajer only one to even worth mentioning, others more or less pure crap. 😄

IMG_20211023_164238.thumb.JPG.4f341f7f0cd06f3b78d3effd6e9e1461.JPGIMG_20211023_164317.thumb.JPG.a3db7616ae155541d9bed601facab1ab.JPGIMG_20211023_164402.thumb.JPG.820af8aa93f6e09c57372f41ae3b3e27.JPG

Thou Norwich did use roughly 10 million more on transfers than Leverkusen, others way less so don't make sense that way either. Smells like whining over nothing. 

If they need money, they could sell players they don't have use and not loan them to Turkey like Pohjanpalo. Value don't increase sitting players at bench or loaning them to shitty teams.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, psrquack said:

Sugar daddy clubs means money from heaven for Buli clubs, or?

"The Bayer Leverkusen CEO, Fernando Carro, believes the Bundesliga risks turning into a “development league” for the Premier League if it cannot find a way to bridge the gap between the TV revenue earned by the two leagues."

“We tried to buy a player in the summer and in the end a promoted side from the Premier League was able to pay more money and a higher salary than us, a top four side in Germany. The Premier League has so much more money and resources than any other country. This is not good for us. Definitely not.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/21/not-good-for-us-bayer-leverkusens-ceo-on-premier-league-clubs-spending-power

Boohoo, some player doesn't want to play for 'Kusen, it's all so unfair. Bunch of whiners!

@Livertool, yes, Ajer is the player in question as mentioned in the German version of the article.

It can be this player didn't want to play for Bayer, but if the english freshly promoted team could offer equal/more salary/bonuses to player without UCL incomes as the german top4 club which counted on UCL money then we could say the Premier League team has a better financial status. Or the english Premier League running costs are much higher as the german Bundesliga running costs so your money could easier transfer to UCL club in Germany as in England. This is a no shit Sherlock recognition, but if the gap wouldn't close the Buli will lose the race for the favour of better players.

Forgot to mention if the german top4 is fighting for the same player as the Premier League newbie means the german top10 clubs player quality (except Bayern and BVB) is much lower then the top 10 PL clubs'. Which means a new "Super League" could born in England.

Just now, psrquack said:

Forgot to mention if the german top4 is fighting for the same player as the Premier League newbie means the german top10 clubs player quality (except Bayern and BVB) is much lower then the top 10 PL clubs'. Which means a new "Super League" could born in England.

Ajer went to Brentford for 15,7 M Euro. One day later Leverkusen spent 23 M Euro for Kossounou. @psrquack, money wasn't the issue here...

• Haha 1

Don't blame that ceo wants more money but to be in this position where pl teams pay sick money over bl players is really not bad position to be in. Over couple of years bl teams have sucked hundreds of millions from pl so that balances lot of missing tv-money

About champions league, there can only be max 4 teams per country so it don't matter if more teams are better in pl than bl. Might be harder to win for bl team but the way cl distriputes money, you get paid well even if don't get to final.

And like Dortmund has shown with Haaland (so far) they don't have to sell right away when someone shows big check. Money is really big part of football these days but not necessarily key to success.

• Like 1

This time I can't agree with you @WuDu. No question BuLi clubs are able to pay as much money for the players as PL clubs (except the Sugar Daddies), but they can't grant the salaries and bonuses what PL clubs can. This means you should have more options to sign for a position (Kossounou instead of Ajer), but this costs more scouts, more work and more luck that the fifth or sixth player on your wishlist will be as good as the first or second. You can't build your team in long term if you always should expect five or six options.

32 minutes ago, psrquack said:

This time I can't agree with you @WuDu. No question BuLi clubs are able to pay as much money for the players as PL clubs (except the Sugar Daddies), but they can't grant the salaries and bonuses what PL clubs can. This means you should have more options to sign for a position (Kossounou instead of Ajer), but this costs more scouts, more work and more luck that the fifth or sixth player on your wishlist will be as good as the first or second. You can't build your team in long term if you always should expect five or six options.

@psrquack I think you're turning in circles here. How much is de Bruyne getting per year? 20 M Euro? If that's before taxes, that's as much as Bayern is paying for Kimmich, Neuer and Lewa. My point is that we have no clue about the salaries being paid and how certain teams view certain players.

What the Bayer official suggested, which you agree with, is that Bundesliga clubs cannot get players because even the shitters of the PL can pay higher salaries. Well, is that true? How many Bundesliga stars moved on to Stoke and Brentford and Pre-Saudi Newcastle? Robin Koch from Freiburg to Leeds for 13 M Euro in 2020 is one name I remember. Not that much money. Söyüncü from Freiburg to Leicester for 21 M Euro is also not a record breaking sum.

Again, Bayer had Tapsoba as their star interior defender and Tah (whom the extended). They signed Kossounou 1 day after Ajer signed with Brentford, so they were in talks with him as well. In mid-August they picked up Hincapie for 7 M Euro. 

What if Leverkusen wanted to sign Ajer as their #4 centre back instead of Hincapie and pay him accordingly? What if Brentford had a more important role for Ajer in mind? In the end he's #9 with regards to minutes played in the PL for them. Bigger role on the team = bigger salary, bigger transfer fee. 

What if Ajer wanted a shot at playing for one of the big PL clubs a few years down the road? Get used to the league and establish himself and moving on in 2-3 years while he's still young? 

We don't know, but the statement from Carro sounds like whining in order to manipulate the public opinion. It's like employers crying for more immigration because they cannot fill job positions (maybe make your job offerings more attractive) or women complaining about "where all the good men have been gone" (maybe make your offerings more attractive) or community members complaining about being #0lucky and a rigged software...   

• Like 1

It could be a circulus vitiosus, but my opinion is that Bundesliga clubs can't sign the players whom they primary want and should invest more expenses to the transfer methods (more scouts, more time, more possible players, more salary, more agent's fee) and the quality of average BuLi player will decrease, because the players who could be a future stars of the liga will choose the Premier League. Talents from the poor regions/Africa wants to earn as many money as possible, no matter in which league is this possible. I don't think they are Leverkusen/Brentford fans since their birth but money could convice them which side to choose.

It won't happen next day, but if you see the club coefficients it says Bundesliga has 1,16,19,31 position and Premier League 2,3,4,9.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/#/yr/2022

Bundesliga is the fourth strongest league in Europe and really need a good performance of clubs like Leverkusen/RasenBallSport/Frankfurt to keep it, because BVB and Bayern's performance is not enough. They have massive lead to french clubs, but if RB/Wolfsburg will continue their terrible run then the gap will even closer and closer and losing 4 places in UCL would be a great katastroph for the german liga.

It could be a circulus vitiosus, but my opinion is that Bundesliga clubs can't sign the players whom they primary want and should invest more expenses to the transfer methods (more scouts, more time, more possible players, more salary, more agent's fee)

But we don't know whom the Buli clubs primarily want. If Leverkusen offers <15 M Euro for Ajer, but pays >23 M Euro for Kussounou, my feeling tells me that Kussounou was their #1 target all along. I think here you have to agree with me.

Is the PL known for scouting? Absolutely not! I think the BVB over the last years has been the club with one of the highest amount paid to agents. That happens if you're dealing with Mino Raiola all the time. Why do you think a kid like Jude Bellingham went to Dortmund instead of ManUtd or Juve? Because the BVB spent a lot of time on him before he was even signed.

Adeyemi from Salzburg is the next big transfer coming up, why is he not choosing the PL right now?

The quality of average BuLi player will decrease, because the players who could be a future stars of the liga will choose the Premier League. Talents from the poor regions/Africa wants to earn as many money as possible, no matter in which league is this possible. I don't think they are Leverkusen/Brentford fans since their birth but money could convice them which side to choose.

I looked up the PL transfers for this season. Do you want to guess how many players went straight from Africa to the PL?

Spoiler

0. Not even one player.

The PL has more money, I never disputed that. However more money also leads to less time to develop players. If you look at Pool e.g., where did their Africans come from? Mane from Senegal to France to Salzburg to England. Salah from Egypt to Switzerland to Chelsea. Keita from Guinea to France to Salzburg to Leipzig to Pool. 

You have a lot of physical talent in Africa, but these players are often raw and need to be developed, thus why they usually start in less competitive leagues (Portugal, Scandinavia, France, Belgium, Austria and so on). And don't get me started on Africa specific issues like we saw with Wamangituka and Grandpafemi Martins...🤣 

I think the PL money is good for the other leagues. Yes, the top-stars like Haaland will eventually move out of the Bundesliga but that's life.  

• Like 1

...and Jadon Sancho riding the bench for 90 minutes. 😲