Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Duranville showing more in his first game than Reus.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

KÖLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLn!

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Day Valentine GIF

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Despite winning the title, Kahn  and Brazzo have been fired!

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 9:31 PM, WuDu said:

400.000 fans expected in Dortmund, the victory parade would take place on Sunday!

Bild

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Deserved extensions for Hummels in contrast to Reus. With Hummels/Süle/Schlotterbeck we still have 3 of the best CBs in the Bundesliga and are able to rotate thoughout. However I'm not getting my hopes up that Hummels will return out of the summer break in top shape.

@WuDu take your Dortmund team and your beloved mentor/idol Trump,bend them nicely,put a ribbon on them and Stick Them where the Sun Don't Shine

Screenshot_20230527-184201-031.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

image.png.416f2eca96c3fbe9627403aa1d7561ab.png

Wolfsburg lost to Hertha, Leverkusen lost 3-0, Freiburg lost to Frankfurt...What a matchday. But the BVB takes the cake!

image.png.0c72e41ad2e0df8e83ecd607b2ccb8ad.png

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Despite winning the title, Kahn  and Brazzo have been fired!

GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 2

That's very disrespectful to Kahn, even in these circumstances. 

I watched the PL PO game, and Dortmund (especially Haller) should watch the replay. The biggest match of their life in the fully packed Wembley, but the guys were focused and confident, none of them was shaking or afraid and the first 11 players didn't miss the penalty. I was impressed. Luton won the two-way ticket, their "stadium" is cute, and I became a fan, but I doubt we will see Luton in the Premier League for more than a year.  

• Like 1

@WuDu good tactic trying to get thread attention into Bayern's sh i t show :classic_biggrin:

In other news i bet AGAIN on Stuttgart. They had two chances to save themselves [Frankfurt and today Hoffe] and two times they blew it. Watched game with Frankfurt and gaste couldnt be bothered to play, but first time they went into the attack and they scored. It was exactly the same today against Hoffnheim. HSV is made from the same bottlin mold but i fancy their chances more. 

Back to the Dortmund fiasco. Lets count who show up. Sule definately, guy was everywhere, doing his job and Can's, Wolf was running and trying although with mixed results. Hummels mostly ok

Best young goalkeeeper in Europe? To me both goals were his fault even if it was free headers [especially second]. He picked right moment for his worse game in BVB trikot. Guerreiro who was mostly quality but again terrible attitude with many easy turnovers. Great sub for Reyna who made two assists, Brandt again and again folded under pressure. That counter attack when he run whole pitch and shoot that pi ss poor shot i would probably kill him i was was Edin that he didnt pass. Can? You played with 10men. Wasnt he at fault for BOTH goals? Unbelievable, and why he didnt go and shoot the pen? Buy finally decent DM and release this loser.

Offensively: Malen was terrible, Adeyemi invisible, Haller was ok was always dangerous but without good passes. And what about 100mln? Why he didnt play? Normal player would even play with broken leg in that kind of game. Old man cameo nothing to say about. Some wrestling, stupid crosses to no one and thats it.

How they didnt push for goal immediately after start for 2nd half? At least 20minutes of second half was a disaster football. Also after learning that Koeln scored Dortmund looked lost/disinterested on the pitch. Why they didnt play whole half like the last 5mins? There was no pressure once they knew they lost the meisterschaft probably...

Edited by jerry
  • Haha 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

3 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Wolf in sheep's clothing is not how I imagined anyone would ever describe @WuDu

He's pretty wolf through and through

More wolf than his team, they were pretty much sheep in sheep's clothing though, and the Bayern team were almost as bad. A huge amount written about two teams that were almost as intent as each other in trying to throw it away. I presume the BVB victory parade has been postponed, maybe for another 11 years. 

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Back to the Dortmund fiasco. Lets count who show up.

Not too many, problem was that the whole team was off and not as sharp as they needed to be. Once things started to go against them (0-1; missed penalty, VAR not giving the 2nd penalty; 0-2), they folded. Reyna and especially Duranville added a spark off the bench. Speaking of the latter, he reminds me a lot of Jadon Sancho. 

36 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

More wolf than his team, they were pretty much sheep in sheep's clothing though, and the Bayern team were almost as bad. A huge amount written about two teams that were almost as intent as each other in trying to throw it away.

That sums it up pretty well. Bayern did everything in their power to give away the Meisterschaft, yet Dortmund bottled it.

Kahn gave a TV interview and called today "the worst day of his life". Sadio Mane didn't even play today and Roidretzka was subbed in and out again after 15 minutes. Without Kahn and Brazzo sabotaging from the inside, beating Bayern won't get easier.

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Can? You played with 10men. Wasnt he at fault for BOTH goals? Unbelievable, and why he didnt go and shoot the pen? 

Not going to rewatch this game, however I think the 0-2 was a co-production between Can and Hummels. Can and Haller were discussing before the penalty, Haller took the shot and the rest is history.

1 hour ago, jerry said:

And what about 100mln? Why he didnt play? Normal player would even play with broken leg in that kind of game.

150 M! Played almost nonstop with a knee brace since the WC and I believe this is now catching up to him. The problem is that Edin rostered him today just for the sake of giving him a nice farewell. In the end it doesn't matter whether Jude is warming the bench or Dahoud or Meunier.

Tough to say how the BVB reacts to this fiasco now. We'll definitely not know for sure until we're in a similar situation again. 

Oh No Facepalm Sticker by Bundesliga

15 hours ago, WuDu said:

Wolfsburg lost to Hertha, Leverkusen lost 3-0

Good example of interest for conference league 🤣 I imagine results would have been different if cl place was at stake.

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

Without Kahn and Brazzo sabotaging from the inside, beating Bayern won't get easier.

Exactly. Bayern will only be stronger and competitors weaker so wouldn't be surprise to see Bayern taking 15-20 trophies in a row. This was the season to strike when title was won with so little points but no 😞

28 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Good example of interest for conference league 🤣 I imagine results would have been different if cl place was at stake.

If RB wins the cup, the Leverkusen spot turns into a Euroleague spot. Someone should tell Hradecky, since he supports Frankfurt to win the final. 

Bayer 04 Facepalm GIF by Bayer 04 Leverkusen

I think VW and Wolfsburg would like this extra kind of exposure...

28 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Exactly. Bayern will only be stronger and competitors weaker so wouldn't be surprise to see Bayern taking 15-20 trophies in a row. This was the season to strike when title was won with so little points but no 😞

Of course, this was en epic fail by the BVB. However I don't see Bayern getting back to the dominant performances we saw under the bald fraud. How is Neuer coming back? What about a replacement for Lewy? Hernandez/Pavard, will they stay or will they go? The Roidretzka question. Sadio Mane. Tuchel being an imbecile on the transfer market.

Kahn was groomed to be the CEO and they kicked him out like a temp who was caught stealing. That shows that the whole club is in disarray.

The BVB played 19 matches in the Bundesliga in 2023. 14 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss. That's on pace for 82 points. In addition to that, we'll likely lose Bellingham and maybe Guerreiro, but also a lot of dead weight. With Duranville the next future superstar might already be waiting in the wings for us.

Edited by WuDu

image.png.9e3d0ec22cae3eb9c152abcb7214ba87.png

image.thumb.png.2f495100e79e624b9df6d23120c3508a.png

Heidenheim and Darmstadt are promoted, the HSV has to play relegation vs Stuttgart. HSV was already celebrating before Heidenheim scored in the 90+9th minute.

Also:

image.thumb.png.7e29251e013c2354ec0a1c1fc2776347.png

Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office

• Like 1

A nice tip for Nürnberg! 

Hamburg is one of the biggest losers, choking all the time when they are about to win the BuLi2, and now this... Celebrated on the pitch already, must be heartbreaking. Németh András hopefully stays (first of all injury-free) and can make an impact next year - in BuLi2 😐