Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

1 day before the start of the season and the Smurfs finally found a jersey sponsor:

230727_veltins_hd-1440x810.jpg

VELTINS Pilsener 20x0,5l (MEHRWEG) - Getränke Frieling Wuppertal

Because being drunk is the only way you can make it through a matchday as Smurf supporter!

Happy German Soccer GIF by FC Schalke 04

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 7/26/2023 at 8:05 PM, WuDu said:

But I told you guys, the BVB obviously is looking to beef up physically and mentally. 

Nice way to say that transfers have been shit 😂 

Once again you got lot of money but none of it really invested to team for real fighting chance of title. Hopes lie again that others (Bayern) suck too which may not be that far-fetched scenario with Tuchel but anyways, you could have done better.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Nice way to say that transfers have been shit 😂 

Again, have they? So far the BVB signed Bensebaini, Nmecha and Sabitzer. Last winter we signed Ryerson and Duranville. Last summer we splashed big time with Haller, Adeyemi, Schlotterbeck and Süle. That's 9 transfers with 6-7 starters. Look at Chelsea and you'll see what happens if you switch a whole team on the fly.

I just saw Sabitzer's first interview and I have to say, it was really impressing. I'm officially on the record disliking this transfer but I can also understand how Edin sees something in him. #LetEdinCook

33 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Once again you got lot of money but none of it really invested to team for real fighting chance of title. Hopes lie again that others (Bayern) suck too which may not be that far-fetched scenario with Tuchel but anyways, you could have done better.

103 + 30 M for Bellingham. 30 M for Nmecha, around 20 M for Sabitzer, some signing fee for Bensebaini. Extended Emre Can and Brandt as well. Who would you have picked up? Some Ajax fraud with Alvarez for 45 M Euro? Or picking up someone from Real Madrid 2 via loan? No, as we have discussed here before, other clubs know as well that we received a lot for Bellingham, so GM Kehl and Don Terzic probably had to take a stand. 

In addition to that, we also don't know how much the Saudi money and the sugar daddy money is distorting the market right now. 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

5 hours ago, WuDu said:

Look at Chelsea and you'll see what happens if you switch a whole team on the fly.

Don't know what you mean with Chelsea but i wasn't suggesting changing your whole team but improve it. Don't see Sabitzer or Nmecha winning you the title, those youngsters you mentioned might be good in the future but most likely flee if they break some season and gather interest of other teams that actually fight for titles. 

Without taking stand whether following players would have joined Dortmund, could you afford wages or are they players in positions that you need strengthening and so on but purely looking at transfer fees that they have changed teams this season, you could have got Nkunku/MacAllister/Pulisic and still 10M left over from Bellingham, or Havertz/Diaby for exactly 130M and so on and that kind of moves would improve your team with 100% quarantee instead of high hopes and wishful thinking of others failing.

Lack of ambition smells all the way to Finland and your management is fine with playing for place to champions league which is fairly easy to do compared to some other top leagues. Ofc ain't buli expert but that is how i see it and how often am i wrong 🤩

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Those youngsters you mentioned might be good in the future but most likely flee if they break some season and gather interest of other teams that actually fight for titles. 

However the strategy shifted in that regard, but you don't seem to listen to me. Bensebaini, Sabitzer, Ryerson, Haller, Süle are not players that are primarily signed to sell them later on. Same with the extensions of Emre Can and Brandt. That's 7 (likely) starters being signed/extended over the past 12 months.

In addition to that, Bellingham, Sancho, Haaland, Hakimi also were some youngsters that might be good in the future, yet I'm sure you'd give your middle nut to have them on your team right now. OK, Sancho maybe not...

You could have got Nkunku/MacAllister/Pulisic and still 10M left over from Bellingham, or Havertz/Diaby for exactly 130M and so on and that kind of moves would improve your team with 100% quarantee instead of high hopes and wishful thinking of others failing.

Nkunku. 60 M+ to Chelsea, the BVB's record is a tad over 30 M.

MacAllister. Who?

Pulisic? #NoRefunds. Cannot believe Chelsea paid us over 60 M Euro for a player that wasn't even a starter anymore in his final season for the BVB.

Havertz. Wasn't he the top earner for Chelsea?

Diaby. He's better than Adeyemi? That's news to me.

Age fraud Mane now close to signing with Al Nassr. Mahrez to Al Ahli and 35 year old Salzburg coach Jaissle, who was linked to Frankfurt earlier in the year, also likely to go to Al Ahli. And again, it's mostly (former) EPL players going to the desert...

Edited by WuDu

image.thumb.png.c6536deb0370fae5c88fe5ab21f4f783.png

Video gif. Eddie Murphy Leans back, a wide grin on his face, and emphatically claps his hands together as if to say, "There we go!"

HSV with 32 shots according to kicker. In addition to that, there were a few offside goals as well!

Great game! 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, WuDu said:

Bensebaini, Sabitzer, Ryerson, Haller, Süle are not players that are primarily signed to sell them later on. Same with the extensions of Emre Can and Brandt. That's 7 (likely) starters being signed/extended over the past 12 months.

I get it but thou they are starters they don't seem players to me that win title for you. Hopefully Haller get whole season so you got steady scorer, Sule and Bensebaini are important for defence and Can apparently found his mojo again so good for him/you but i really don't see your team winning.

What comes to youngster leaving, wouldn't it be better that you had credible team that really has chance to win and therefore youngsters might not run away as soon as they break?

16 hours ago, WuDu said:

MacAllister. Who?

Never said that those the players to go for but just as an example what 130M is enough for, way more than Nmecha or Sabitzer.

And you'll find out who this season if you didn't already know 😉

16 hours ago, WuDu said:

Pulisic? #NoRefunds. Cannot believe Chelsea paid us over 60 M Euro for a player that wasn't even a starter anymore in his final season for the BVB.

Not the first or last time Chelsea has overpaid 😅 but don't 20M make him as bargain when he is approaching best age as player? Wouldn't be surprised to see improve a lot now that he got away from blackhole of Chelsea. Mount is another that can be positive surprise but he was way overprised imo.

16 hours ago, WuDu said:

Diaby. He's better than Adeyemi? That's news to me

Haven't seen enough to compare any other way than stats and there Diaby is clear winner at buli.

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

I get it but thou they are starters they don't seem players to me that win title for you. Hopefully Haller get whole season so you got steady scorer, Sule and Bensebaini are important for defence and Can apparently found his mojo again so good for him/you but i really don't see your team winning.

We'll see. Also don't forget that Haller didn't play at all in 2023, leading to Malen and Adeyemi to combine for nothing more than 3 assists in 2022.

What comes to youngster leaving, wouldn't it be better that you had credible team that really has chance to win and therefore youngsters might not run away as soon as they break?

Yeah sure, because Haaland and Bellingham otherwise would have stayed...

Never said that those the players to go for but just as an example what 130M is enough for, way more than Nmecha or Sabitzer.

Again, the players you mentioned also have a free will and salary demands. The BVB is currently trying to slash salaries so it doesn't make sense to bring some guys in who want an EPL salary. The last time I checked, football is a team sport, so the BVB has to find players it can develop and who'll fit in. When it comes to Nmecha and Sabitzer I'd put my trust in Edin; after bringing back Emre Can, Donny Malen and Wolf from the dead, he'll deserve some of it.

7 hours ago, Livertool said:

Not the first or last time Chelsea has overpaid 😅 but don't 20M make him as bargain when he is approaching best age as player? Wouldn't be surprised to see improve a lot now that he got away from blackhole of Chelsea. Mount is another that can be positive surprise but he was way overprised imo.

I think, there's not even a position for Pulisic on the BVB right now. Plus, we already have Gio Reyna.

Haven't seen enough to compare any other way than stats and there Diaby is clear winner at buli.

I have to admit, I wasn't aware how good Diaby's stats really are. 9/9 and 13/12 over the past two years is impressive. However, offense is not the issue for the BVB right now. In the 2 full seasons with Haaland we scored 160 goals in the Buli, last season we scored 83, despite our main striker missing almost half a season with cancer.

Adeyemi played 13 Bundesliga matches with Haller on the pitch. 6 goals and 5 assists. Malen had 16 games with Haller on the pitch. 9 goals and 5 assists. 

Relegation bros, I'm feeling a little like Brocky's girlfriend: Disappointed!

image.png.f547d8bf4fab1e434afeb94d6c070014.png

Dardai BSC also made history today:

image.png.309759f231634f3213bb2931c9d7586f.png

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, WuDu said:

Yeah sure, because Haaland and Bellingham otherwise would have stayed...

Hard to say behalf of others but i would say it is more likely that players stay to team that has legit chance to play for trophies, and that they get paid accordingly. You really can't cheat with these things, good things cost extra. Not saying you have to hold onto them for whole career but usually players ain't at their best before 25ish. In addition, buli/cl champion and ballon d'or winner Haaland would bring lot more transfer money to table than 70M that you got from none winner 22 yo Haaland. 

15 hours ago, WuDu said:

9/9 and 13/12 over the past two years is impressive. However, offense is not the issue for the BVB right now.

Not to mention he was part almost third of all of their goals in a quite material poor team, except Hradecky ofc 😋 

Once again it was just an example from transfer market.

Hard to say behalf of others but i would say it is more likely that players stay to team that has legit chance to play for trophies, and that they get paid accordingly. You really can't cheat with these things, good things cost extra. Not saying you have to hold onto them for whole career but usually players ain't at their best before 25ish. In addition, buli/cl champion and ballon d'or winner Haaland would bring lot more transfer money to table than 70M that you got from none winner 22 yo Haaland. 

Not to mention he was part almost third of all of their goals in a quite material poor team, except Hradecky ofc 😋 

Once again it was just an example from transfer market.

Frimpong, Wirtz or Schick? Leverkusen has a very good and balanced squad with very few leaks (one and probably the biggest is Hradecky 😂), this team is ready for the title under Xabi. Unfortunately, it's Loserkusen or Neverkusen for a reason, but the chance is there.  

Diaby is good, but only if he has enough space to use his speed. He has never scored or assisted against Bayern, he was pretty invisible against Roma and Porto last year (both known for tough defense). Also, he was better a year ago, so I feel he could be a flop for Villa. I hope not, because that Emery project looks promising. He is a tiny bit better than Adeyemi right now but overhyped (and priced) for sure. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cris1285 said:

He is a tiny bit better than Adeyemi right now but overhyped (and priced) for sure. 

Enzo Fernandez still has nightmares...

Without giving Haaland the clause in his contract, he would not have joined the club out of Salzburg. So if one of the top-2 players in the world gets oil money thrown at him, what are we supposed to do then?

Bayern wants to pay around 100 Euro and likely 25 M Euro salary for a 30 year old Harry Kane with 1 year left on his contract, yet they couldn't afford Haaland. The last time I checked, Liverpoor couldn't afford neither Haaland nor Bellingham as well...

Herr Flick bros, "All or Nothing: The German National Team in Qatar" is about to be released on September 8th in 240 countries on Amazon.

WM in Katar: DFB-Spieler halten sich beim Gruppenfoto den Mund zu | ZEIT  ONLINE

TV gif. On Chappelle’s Show, a suited-up Dave Chappelle doubles over laughing hysterically, slapping his hand on his knee and grasping the hand of Charlie Murphy who begins to laugh along.

What do you think, should I hate watch the 4 ( :classic_laugh: ) episodes, laughing at the utter incompetence?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, WuDu said:

The German National Team

Oh yeah forgot to demand answers on this. TV was on at background yesterday as once again Germany got their ass whooped by underdog. Sure none cares as it was women this time but when director zoomed to Germany bench i was like wtf, is she Löw's sista or did Joachim go through sex change operation? To me resemblance is obvious:

lo.jpg.7fd089c9f671cb7ef0091236b7bf8777.jpgwo.jpg.ff29f350ee72d7764ab911a91878e129.jpg

13 hours ago, WuDu said:

Bayern wants to pay around 100 Euro and likely 25 M Euro salary for a 30 year old Harry Kane with 1 year left on his contract, yet they couldn't afford Haaland. The last time I checked, Liverpoor couldn't afford neither Haaland nor Bellingham as well...

Once again just used Haaland as example. How many youngsters have you managed to keep recently more than 1-2 seasons when they got to that stage that they started to raise interest from other teams?

Haaland was 70-100M and wage around 30M so Bayern couldn't afford the extra 5M per year? (and don't say" butbutbut City pays him extra under the table" cause you just know it 😆 )

To my knowledge Haaland nor Bellingham was never really added to shopping cart and i can't say could they afford them but on the other hand they paid more on Nunez after Haaland moved to City so i doubt it was just money issue even if Haaland makes 3x what Nunez does.

19 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Frimpong, Wirtz or Schick?

Schick i have seen playing enough that i can say i ain't fan but maybe otherwise they got better material than my gut say. Or had, wouldn't say Diaby out and Xhaka in made team better?

• Haha 1

wo.jpg.ff29f350ee72d7764ab911a91878e129.jpg

Well, can't every German woman look like Heidi Klum 25 years ago or her daughter right now...

Once again just used Haaland as example. How many youngsters have you managed to keep recently more than 1-2 seasons when they got to that stage that they started to raise interest from other teams?

Haaland: 2,5 years. Bellingham: 3 years. Sancho: 4 years. Pulisic: 4,5 years. Auba: 4,5 years. Dembele is the only youngster who was "one and done".

Haaland was 70-100M and wage around 30M so Bayern couldn't afford the extra 5M per year? (and don't say" butbutbut City pays him extra under the table" cause you just know it 😆 )

What was Haaland's value last summer? 150 M? So you can be sure that at least 90 M went to him via transfer fee, to Mino's family, to Mino's lawyer, to Alf...B-b-b-b-b-but Chitty also pays him extra under the table, I'm 100 % sure and when have I ever been wrong?

Buli > EPLol. The whole match is available on the BVB channel.

Good performance all around by the BVB, even considering that Man Utd played their B/C team in the first half. Best BVB players: Adeyemi, Malen with 2 goals, Süle dominating Rashford and Bensebaini. Brandt, Reus and Sabitzer also with nice moments before the goals.

Adeyemi also with another trademark yellow card for him, this time getting into an altercation in a friendly:

:classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Haaland: 2,5 years. Bellingham: 3 years. Sancho: 4 years. Pulisic: 4,5 years. Auba: 4,5 years. Dembele is the only youngster who was "one and done".

Other teams made serious offers for them in the meantime or were they sold as soon as someone showed some dollars?

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

So you can be sure that at least 90 M went to him via transfer fee, to Mino's family, to Mino's lawyer, to Alf...B-b-b-b-b-but Chitty also pays him extra under the table, I'm 100 % sure

How did i know? 🤣 I heard from reliable source that Gerrard got 3 free goats if he agreed to speak arabic and apparently he did 😋

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Best BVB players: Adeyemi

😵 

German fake news videos ain't showing again but watched one highlight video of it. Magnificent at 0:20 and 2:20 

New Bundesliga member Heidenheim was testing against Al Ahli ( with Firmino and Mendy) this weekend:

https://www-fc--heidenheim-de.translate.goog/news/detailansicht/archiv/2023/juli/fch/verregnetes-testspiel-gegen-al-ahli-sfc-vorzeitig-beendet.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

6:2 for Heidenheim! :classic_biggrin:

Afterwards, Heidenheim's coach had this to say:

image.png.589053fa117c2fc9dc455fece2d55801.png

image.png.a89076dc0f8882c4b703e357e3042d48.png

Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

• Haha 2

On 6/30/2023 at 8:45 AM, WuDu said:

Firmino to Jeddah as well as Mendy. Honestly, living at the Red Sea, getting obscenely paid playing summertime football with the bros sounds nice to me. Hopefully, Bayern doesn't get bailed out of the Sadio Mane situation like that...

Thanks a lot, f***ing Saudis:

Alhamdulillah! 30 M for Bayern, 40 M per year (net???) and 3 years for Sadio Mane. Nice payday for a soon to be 38 year old!

Inshallah, Tottenham noticed that as well and don't budge now regarding Harry Kane...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, WuDu said:

Thanks a lot, f***ing Saudis:

Alhamdulillah! 30 M for Bayern, 40 M per year (net???) and 3 years for Sadio Mane. Nice payday for a soon to be 38 year old!

Inshallah, Tottenham noticed that as well and don't budge now regarding Harry Kane...

AlNassr aka Saudi Dortmund #Maneisyellow 🤭 

Sick amounts for sure. Anyone who understands anything about football knew that Bayern already overpaid as Mane wasn't the key element of Pool play, more as player who got chance to enjoy others excellence and well fit tactics. Even as finisher he ain't as good as numbers may suggest, lots of missed chances too but at S-A he may be king, at least finacially.

20 hours ago, Livertool said:

Anyone who understands anything about football knew that Bayern already overpaid as Mane wasn't the key element of Pool play, more as player who got chance to enjoy others excellence and well fit tactics. Even as finisher he ain't as good as numbers may suggest, lots of missed chances too but at S-A he may be king, at least finacially.

Bei Diskussionen zwischen Kahn und 'Brazzo' "Visier stets offen"

1 year later, 3 of them are gone...:classic_biggrin:

The BVB with a 1-1 vs Chelsea, so no loss in preseason so far. Pretty bad game, however I think the promo trip to the US is taking its toll. The BVB picked up a bunch of injuries with Schlotte, Kobel and Duranville. Having seen all matches, I'd assume the BVB to start with this team to start the year:

Kobel/Meyer (depending on Kobel's injury status)

Ryerson/Wolf - Hummels - Süle- Bense

Can

Brandt - Sabitzer

Malen                                   Adeyemi

Haller

Bensebaini with a real good preseason so far and definitely an upgrade over Guerreiro. Sabitzer also with good performances, so he'll definitely start over Reus and Nmecha (who's still banged up). Bynoe-Gittens and Duranville are both injured, similar to Reyna.

Interesting part is that former youth player Bamba might get minutes early on as backup for Malen/Adeyemi. Terzic subbed him in with the big names against United as well as Chelsea. I don't think he'll turn into a fantasy option, though...

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:21 AM, Livertool said:

Oh yeah forgot to demand answers on this. TV was on at background yesterday as once again Germany got their ass whooped by underdog. Sure none cares as it was women.

wo.jpg.ff29f350ee72d7764ab911a91878e129.jpg

Germany's women have been eliminated in the group stage of the Women's WC. Meaning the DFB (German FA) has now completed the triple:

The "men", the U-21 and the women have all been eliminated in the group stage over the past 8 months during their respective tournaments (2 WC and the U-21  Euro).

Also all three coaches in charge (Herr Flick, Löw's sister and U-21 coach di Salvo) have NOT been fired!

Celebrate Germany GIF by Jake Martella

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 matches, 3 sons, 0 goals and 2 losses for Dardai BSC!

Of course, I'm hoping for Smurf 04 to go down once more, but Hertha playing 3. Liga would be terrific as well!

The Smurfs are playing Kaiserslautern tomorrow at 8:30 PM, 2 teams with great tradition.

So currently Bayern have neither a goalie nor a #6 on the roster? #LetTuchelCook

Watching I See You GIF by RB Leipzig

On 7/19/2023 at 6:12 PM, WuDu said:

Last season the average attendance was almost 30.000 people, which is good for the 2. Bundesliga, yet they're still playing in a half empty stadium.

40k in first match. How much are the tickets for those matches? Throwing lot of money away to fill the stadium with people who go just cause it is free, not to actually support the team 

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

40k in first match. How much are the tickets for those matches?

• First match of the season
  • 8:30 PM on a Saturday
  • vs Dardai BSC, former Buli club
  • No other football currently playing
  • School holidays

Report back when they have to play the likes of Elversberg in February.

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

People who go just cause it is free, not to actually support the team 

The last time I checked, the LTPGBQHD+ parade in Helsinki is also free to attend. Did you also go there, just cause it's free, not to actually support the cause?

Edited by WuDu

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Report back when they have to play the likes of Elversberg in February.

But the thing is they are not planning to give away tickets only matches against Elversberg in February but to all matches. Big difference. And even if it would be just against bad teams then why buy ticket if you get for free in there anyways.

With quick googling i would say average Dusseldorf ticket is around 20€? That is lot of beer and sausages expected to sold to cover 400000€-800000€ loss of ticket income, especially if spectators are coming cause match is free so they are probly not so keen to use money overall.

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Did you also go there, just cause it's free, not to actually support the cause?

They would have to pay me a lot to show my face in there 😄

But open access to streets ain't the same as getting something limited for free. We have always mayhem in stores when they offer something for free, usually plastic buckets but story says people have also pushed down others from escalator to get free umbrella.

buc.jpg.897264aab0e378d6cd35309bd5b27f0d.jpg

Imagine how good atmosphere plebs in picture would create in stadium...maybe Dusseldorf offer them free sausage too for cheering 🤣