Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

4 hours ago, Livertool said:

But the thing is they are not planning to give away tickets only matches against Elversberg in February but to all matches. Big difference. And even if it would be just against bad teams then why buy ticket if you get for free in there anyways.

At first, it's just 3 matches out of 17.

With quick googling i would say average Dusseldorf ticket is around 20€? That is lot of beer and sausages expected to sold to cover 400000€-800000€ loss of ticket income, especially if spectators are coming cause match is free so they are probly not so keen to use money overall.

Düsseldorf-Sandhausen last season, Matchday 20 in February: 22.000 visitors on Sunday at 1:30 PM. If it's for free, you can fill out 30.000 additional seats, meaning 30.000 potential customers for overpriced Bratwurst and beer.

The question is whether you attract families and young people with it or a bunch of nafris who take your stadium apart.

I'm living 2 minutes by foot away from an artificial lake. There are two clubs/venues in close proximity to each other. The first one is a "beach club" where they hold beach parties with DJs in the summer. These guys take 30 Euro or so for a day ticket (drinks excluded) and rent shuttle buses to go to the afterparty in clubs in the city centre. Basically attracting the wannabe insta crowd.

Then there's another venue. They built a small minigolf venue maybe some time in the 70s or 80s (the last time they probably renovated it as well) and used to sell ice-cream and rent out pedal boats. This second establishment also offers live music, however their target group are boomers. You get in for free and after the band is finished, they collect donations for the band.

As you can see, different approaches to different situations. The BVB or the Smurfs have no problem filling up their stadia, but Düsseldorf doesn't have the fanbase to do so as well. Also, don't underestimate the marketing aspect, even Finnish people are now talking about Düsseldorf.

5 hours ago, Livertool said:

We have always mayhem in stores when they offer something for free, usually plastic buckets.

What's wrong with you guys? :classic_biggrin:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/08/04/daniel-levy-harry-kane-decision-midnight-bayern-deadline/

Seems like Bayern set a deadline for Tottenham to decide whether or not to accept their offer for Kane. Levy's response: Letting the deadline pass him by and travel to Florida. :classic_biggrin:

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

19 hours ago, WuDu said:

As you can see, different approaches to different situations.

Really hard to reinvent the wheel. If filling the stadiums for free is the answer it would have been done long time ago. So no, it won't be beneficial money nor atmospherewise but looking at sponsors of this that is not even what they are looking for.

19 hours ago, WuDu said:

Düsseldorf doesn't have the fanbase to do so as well

Only one cure. Get product in the shape that people get interested, in this case getting to buli should do the trick. If that ain't enough then who genius build stadium so big that filling it is impossible?

19 hours ago, WuDu said:

What's wrong with you guys? :classic_biggrin:

No one knows 😄

Really hard to reinvent the wheel. If filling the stadiums for free is the answer it would have been done long time ago. So no, it won't be beneficial money nor atmospherewise but looking at sponsors of this that is not even what they are looking for.

We'll have to wait and see, at least until the first free match has been played.

If that ain't enough then who genius build stadium so big that filling it is impossible?

Well, well, well...German local politics at work:

image.png.7a8d69b742c3d33ce5659d9a24db42db.png

Basically, the mayor of Düsseldorf and the CDU wanted a prestige object to get WC 2006 matches. Didn't work. Düsseldorf at that time was playing 4th division.

They also had NFL Europe team Rhein Fire before the league closed. And I already forgot that there were talks about the Ruhr area trying to get the Olympics.

The arena even has a roof that can be closed, similar to the Arena Auf Schalke...:classic_blink:

• Confused 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Preseason is over, a lot of EPL clubs have been dominated by Buli clubs and the BVB finished it without a loss. Today a nice 3-1 against Ajax. All in all, a few players had a pretty good preseason:

• Bensebaini. A clear upgrade at LB over Guerreiro. Clear starter, similar to Can, Brandt and Haller.
  • Sabitzer. As you know, I always told you that I want to see Sabitzer with the BVB...OK, maybe I was wrong about him. I really like how he roams around in midfield, isn't hiding. Also gave great interviews as well. Could be one of the players with the most minutes this season.
  • And then, all of a sudden, Felix "LTBGQ-Killer" Nmecha gets subbed on today, scoring twice with 6-7 shots. How you like him now, Snapchat-Stubby?

Bundesliga Hello GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

Preseason losers:

• Old Man Moukoko. I don't know, but if you take home 6 M per year, it's not unreasonable to show a little more.
  • Reus. Adeyemi, Duranville and Bynoe-Gittens are injured, so Marco Reus came into the lineup again with Brandt moving to the left wing. He had some scenes today, however similar to last season, the team doesn't work as well when he's on the pitch.
  • Hazard. What's wrong with this family? 3 out of 4 wingers are injured and he's mailing it in.
  • Malen. Not due to his performance, however without Adeyemi on the other side, he wasn't able to show much.

I don't know, however Ajax also looked a little trashy. How Brighton might be looking to buy Kudus for 40 M Euro is beyond me...

Next weekend the first round of the cup is scheduled in addition to the Super Cup between Bayern and Red Bull. Don't ask me why, though...Not really any interesting matches, the game of the week is Osnabrück-Köln on Monday, I think that says it all.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 8:19 PM, WuDu said:

Letting the deadline pass him by and travel to Florida. :classic_biggrin:

No Kane for Bayern then. Must be good situation when no need for 100M but rather hold on to him for 1 more year in team that with perfect season might make conference league next year 😄 

By the way @WuDu wtf is this? ANSWERS!!!!!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/world-cup/hostile-to-america-trumps-predictable-eruption-on-woke-us-soccer-team/news-story/6e684474d5d6947b241c0b7f175d38f6

@Livertool

Get woke, go broke!

Now there are reports that Kyle Walker wants to stay with Shitty. I'd like to draw your attention to Bayern's offseason so far:

Bayern picked up Kim, Laimer and Guerreiro while giving away Sabitzer, Mane, Hernandez, Nübel and Sommer. They're currently +50 M Euro.

However let's take a look at their positional needs:

Neuer had another surgery last week and some in the club are not sure if he's ready in 2023. :classic_laugh: They gave away Nübel and Sommer and now just have Ullreich left. 

They need a #6, currently they have none.

TV gif. Megan Good as Camille on Harlem blinks her eyes and furrows her brow in confusion.

Kimmich, Roidretzka, Gravenberch, Laimer and Guerreiro are all thinking offensively. Tuchel is playing Kimmich/Laimer right now.

Pavard wants to leave and they planned to replace him with Walker. Walker might not come, apart from that it's all quiet on the Western front.

Their only central forward right now is Schokopudding. Harry Kane is still with Tottenham...

in addition to that, they had to pay severance packages to Kahn and Brazzo and are still paying Nagelsmann. 

I think we're seeing them crumble more and more...

28 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

For the first time ever I am considering betting on BXB or RB to win the league. 

Emma Celebrating Sticker by Borussia DortmundRed Bull Football GIF by RB Leipzig

oh no football GIF by Bundesliga

5,5 for the BVB doesn't represent value to me. The BVB is looking good, but after last season, any bettor has to apply a bottler's tax to them for the time being. I told you guys last year, betting on the BVB at 9,00 was value and I was obviously right, but 5,5 is too low for me personally.

Yes, Nmecha, Bense and Sabitzer all fill a need and looked really nice during the preseason. However we also have the muscle injury issues and Haller will miss time next winter playing the Africa cup. Haller is the key to the BVB offense. 

Red Bull doesn't have a chance. You might as well place a bet on the annual community darling Leverkusen. Leipzig lost 4 starters with Nkunku, Szobo, Gvardiol and Laimer. Openda, Simons, Seiwald and Sesko all have no Buli experience while Baumgartner is the Katy Perry of fantasy Bundesliga. The team looks exciting for the future, but 23/24 is too early for them.

Having said that:

43 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

A double with S04 promotion and BXB league title is tempting 

It's all a moot point anyway...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f5489edc-360c-11ee-a54b-14a9a87cf1a8?shareToken=1e745eb54f2d3602b1dbef07c7dbd78a

image.png.08cc3e80e512567453d24d37391d4024.png

image.png.6c977430418e174c3f1d2dbf1710aab5.png

110 M for a 30 year old with 1 year left on his deal?

oh yeah yes GIF by Lost & Found Music Studios

• Haha 2

Bayern should just stop negotiating with Levy and banned him and whole premier league with any dealings. I mean players are always overpaid almost always overrated why bother? You have whole fooken world outside of UK. This talk that there is no good strikers is such a bull, why not think outside the box, get someone unproven. Or get 3 unproven strikers [one from Argentina super league one from Brasil and one from Ekstraklasa :classic_biggrin:] one can make the jump and be awesome. Even meme player Piatek would be good at Bayern, at least would get Wagner numbers if not Gomez.

Just look at Chopo, who is nowhere near top club material but he is somehow usable. Why bother having scout department or reserves team, if your targets are Walker/Rice/Kane. Make one lowballl offer then bigger one no, than thanks fook off :classic_laugh:

Maybe Tel/Choupo will be enough. Title is in the pocket, DFB pokal 90% and with good playoff shuffle there will be final. Then i dont know how financially Bayern is standing, but throwing 120mln on a old guy with many injuries could be a problem.

Im probably bad person for saying this but this so funny to me :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@jerry

I told you guys for a long time, Bayern's business model has always been to pick up developed or almost developed players from Bundesliga rivals. Yes, under Brazzo they found some gems for cheap (Davies, Musiala, Gnabry), picked up Kimmich under Pep; but the big corner stones of the team were guys like Neuer (from the Smurfs in 2011) and Lewy (from the BVB in 2014). 

Now that Neuer took himself out and Lewy wanted to leave, Bayern is struggling to find replacements. Why? Because Bayern now has to compete with oil- and sugar daddy money. The BVB's business model has always been to find and develop future stars. That's getting more and more difficult, but Bayern may now be forced to pay pharmacy prices for their target players.

@jerry, have you seen some of the transfer fees for strikers this summer?

Lidl-Haaland to Manchester United for 75 M Euro!

Matheus Cunha to the Wolves for 50 M Euro! 😝

Ramos to PSG for 80 M Euro!

Real is paying almost 40 M Euro for 16 year old Endrick and parks him in Brazil. Similar situation with Vitor Roque and Barca. The BVB is paying 6 M Euro per year for Old Man Moukoko.

So "thinking outside the box" might be some pseudo business management phrase Olli Kahn came up with as well, but the fact of the matter is that even "projects" like Felix Nmecha are costing 30 M Euro now.

Speaking of which, next to Nmecha, Wolfsburg also sold van de Ven to Tottenham for 40 M. Both Nmecha and van de Ven came to Wolfsburg in 21/22 and hardly played in their first year. After their breakout years in 22/23 under Kovac, Wolfsburg received 70 M Euros for them. Van Bommel and Kohfeldt must be plain retards...

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

ManU is interested to get him to replace Maguire who is apparently heading to West Ham.

The more transfers for Tuchel, the better for the rest of the league. Now there are reports that Tuchel might be interested in bringing Kepa to Bayern. 

amused jaw drop GIF

#LetHimCook

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 2

@WuDuOutside the box=not proven in Europe top5 or playing in other continents. So Vitor Roque and Endrick fits. Never seen both but Bayern should be able to compete for those especially with broke Barca. Ramos will be available next year with 50% discount, Cunha was Mendes shenaningans and with Hojlund who knows. I mean he looks special but another year in serie A would not hurt. Could be too soon. 

Im starting to feel that Kane doesnt give a f if transfer go through. If yes then he will give it a chance but if not he will go for free next season, maybe even to City if Haaland decides to run off to Madrid. 

Rakow interessiert sich mit Maurice Karl Malone. Augsburg player was at loan in Wolfsberger 9g 11a, played zweimal in u21. Somehow Augsburg is kicking him away [hard to imagine they're swimming in offensive talent there to not giving him a chance] and Rakow is bidding 2mln.

This one looks like a happier Haller :classic_biggrin:

Przechwytywaniesss.PNG.de556c2b9560983cc33fcbcaa4f01be0.PNG

Edited by jerry
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

3 hours ago, jerry said:

@WuDuOutside the box=not proven in Europe top5 or playing in other continents. So Vitor Roque and Endrick fits. Never seen both but Bayern should be able to compete for those especially with broke Barca.

Name one player who made the jump from South America directly to Bayern and who could be labeled a success.

Movie gif. Ted Knight as Judge Smails in Caddyshack stands in a crowd and screams at someone offscreen, punctuating every syllable with a lot of sass. Text, "Well, We're Waiting."

Martin Demichelis, 20 years ago. Checking his numbers, he also needed 1,5 years to turn into a starter for them. However since Breno burned down his house and went to jail, Bayern decided to ignore this market.

Leverkusen has a long history of successfully bringing in South Americans, but that's a special skill that you cannot take for granted and I'm sure the agents for top talent like Endrick and Roque Victor know as well. Apart from that? Davies was a success, however he was bought to be an offensive winger, not a left back.

Bayern needs a special skill set and they're not able to develop that on their own. That's why they went behind Lewy's back to negotiate with Haaland and that's why Tottenham's boss is completely bending them over right now. I mean, do you think you can win the UCL with Füllkrug and Schokopudding as your strikers?

Bayern is playing Red Bull on Saturday evening in the Super Cup. This could be interesting...

3 hours ago, jerry said:

tMaurice Karl Malone. Augsburg player was at loan in Wolfsberger 9g 11a, played zweimal in u21. Somehow Augsburg is kicking him away [hard to imagine they're swimming in offensive talent there to not giving him a chance] and Rakow is bidding 2mln.

@jerry aka "Ekstraklasa shill" finding new players again! Mailman Malone with incredible 0 Bundesliga matches and terrific 2 goals in 20 2. Bundesliga matches. By the way, Augsburg has Demirovic, Berisha and Beljo as strikers, that's pretty good for a club of their caliber.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

Matheus Cunha to the Wolves for 50 M Euro! 😝

Yeah that must be worst move of summer, no wonder Lopetegui had enough. 2 goals in half season against relegated shitty teams and Wolves paid double or triple what Cunha is worth 🤣 

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

Lidl-Haaland to Manchester United for 75 M Euro!

You are not seeing the big picture. When player manage to do hat trick against concrete defense of Fin (hardly ever done), that is sign of real quality player and bump up the price 30-40M 😉 Time will tell was money well spent or not but as they really needed striker and no doubt potential is there, wouldn't judge that transfer yet even with that price.

9 hours ago, jerry said:

another year in serie A would not hurt. Could be too soon.

Agree 100%

• Like 1

Hojlund as Lidl-Haaland, is a good one, but may be valid only for now. Yeah, a similar Scandinavian monster striker with power and speed, but I have seen him many times in Atalanta, the guy has potential, has a better technique, is more intelligent, and uses both feet and head to score much more than Haaland. He has fewer shots and is quite raw, but he is only 20 and didn't play in a good, dominating team yet. 

Unfortunately, Manchester United is not a good team either. 😂 In fact, it's like a black hole and carriers' cemetery since SAF left. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Hojlund as Lidl-Haaland, is a good one, but may be valid only for now. Yeah, a similar Scandinavian monster striker with power and speed, but I have seen him many times in Atalanta, the guy has potential, has a better technique, is more intelligent, and uses both feet and head to score much more than Haaland. He has fewer shots and is quite raw, but he is only 20 and didn't play in a good, dominating team yet.  Unfortunately, Manchester United is not a good team either. 😂 In fact, it's like a black hole and carriers' cemetery since SAF left. 

Atalanta is quite dominating, especially against 10-20 placed teams. They create a lot of chances and 32games and 9goals looks pretty bad for me. Even in Sturm Graz he had 18games and 9 goals. Thats all his senior efforts! 50games 18goals and 80mln transfer. Quite a gamble, i think what saving him is national team efforts a bit. Haaland got like 100 senior goals when he went for City, diffrent case IMO :classic_blink: BTW Pole Szymon Włodarczyk is now in Sturm and he scored 2goals in 2games plus 3 in austrian pokal. Didnt score only against PSV thrashing 4:1. Said it once that he is very wooden but by all means he is on the way to make Hojlund numbers :classic_ohmy: Ten Haag is good coach even if in back my head is this voice that no good coach lose 7:0 but he revived Rashford, integrated Casemiro/Martinez. He can have plan for Holjlund but judging from his previous seasons i dont think he will fire goals in his first season and thats the expectation!  

@WuDuIm not that hot against mailman but trio Demirovic, Berisha and Beljo will be hard pressed to make 9g and 11a zusammen! I know austrian league is mostly 2nd Buli or even dritte liga level apart from two/three top teams [and Wolfsberger is not one of them], but still its weird that team like Augsburg is kicking him away. 2mln for german throwaway is big price, they have one John Yeboah and after good start he is very frustrating. 

Thats how he fumble one on one running with few meters advantage at defenders. This one almost costed Rakow playoff win.

Przechwytywaniess.PNG.cb23c709fee952a05bbcfbd93821c5b3.PNG

Video https://sport.tvp.pl/71719214/el-lm-karabach-rakow-john-yeboah-nie-wykorzystal-sam-na-sam-wideo

In other news once highly rated Michał Karbownik signed with Hertha for 2,5mln. He was bought three years ago by Brighton for 4+2. I think those 2 never materialize since he was loaned since, with Olympiacos paying 1mln for his loan only to play him in the reserves :classic_biggrin:

He's got good spell in Fortuna, and had some offers between Fortuna/Schalke and Hertha. I would advise him to stay in Fortuna or go to Schalke, even if money is slightly worse. Dardai Berlin is such a bad choice. 

Edited by jerry

1 hour ago, jerry said:

He can have plan for Holjlund but judging from his previous seasons i dont think he will fire goals in his first season and thats the expectation!  

Everyone knows he ain't coming in with Haaland numbers nor experience, he is just starting his second full season outside Denmark so yeah expectations must not be too high. But looking at recent years of ManU and lack of goalscorers, total fail is impossible.

Bayern and Tottenham agreeing on a transfer fee of 100+ M Euro and now Harry Kane himself is having second thoughts?

Movie gif. Ryan Gosling as Jacob in Crazy Stupid Love, covers his mouth as his body shakes in laughter.

Video gif. A woman with long hair sits in a black leather office chair, snacking on a bag of popcorn while looking amused at something offscreen.

season 5 episode 3 GIF

Just let Tuchel cook with a budget of over 100 M available...

Season 9 Phoebe GIF by Friends

3 hours ago, jerry said:

@WuDuIm not that hot against mailman but trio Demirovic, Berisha and Beljo will be hard pressed to make 9g and 11a zusammen! I know austrian league is mostly 2nd Buli or even dritte liga level apart from two/three top teams [and Wolfsberger is not one of them], but still its weird that team like Augsburg is kicking him away. 2mln for german throwaway is big price, they have one John Yeboah and after good start he is very frustrating. 

@jerry, you should join our Bundesliga fantasy league! Then you'd know about Augsburg's strikers:

Demirovic: 8 goals 6 assists in 22/23 in the Bundesliga. 2400 minutes.

Berisha:  9 goals, 4 assists in 22/23 in the Bundesliga. 1700 minutes. 

Beljo: 3 goals, 3 assists in 23 in the Bundesliga. 1100 minutes.

For a team like Augsburg, these are good numbers.

3 hours ago, jerry said:

In other news once highly rated Michał Karbownik signed with Hertha for 2,5mln. He was bought three years ago by Brighton for 4+2. I think those 2 never materialize since he was loaned since, with Olympiacos paying 1mln for his loan only to play him in the reserves :classic_biggrin:

He's got good spell in Fortuna, and had some offers between Fortuna/Schalke and Hertha. I would advise him to stay in Fortuna or go to Schalke, even if money is slightly worse. Dardai Berlin is such a bad choice

Seems like another Polski fraud to me. Well, now he's fighting relegation with Dardai Berlin...

Harry Kane to Bayern, here we go???

image.png.4a1291e75451e1195b3375ac699c8c5b.png

image.png.47138753ee63abca2d074dc603b654b6.png

100 M + 20 M boni...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47h05pq1x00nd678f9fv

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jerry said:

Atalanta is quite dominating, especially against 10-20 placed teams. They create a lot of chances and 32games and 9goals looks pretty bad for me. Even in Sturm Graz he had 18games and 9 goals. Thats all his senior efforts! 50games 18goals and 80mln transfer. Quite a gamble, i think what saving him is national team efforts a bit. Haaland got like 100 senior goals when he went for City, diffrent case IMO :classic_blink: BTW Pole Szymon Włodarczyk is now in Sturm and he scored 2goals in 2games plus 3 in austrian pokal. Didnt score only against PSV thrashing 4:1. Said it once that he is very wooden but by all means he is on the way to make Hojlund numbers :classic_ohmy: Ten Haag is good coach even if in back my head is this voice that no good coach lose 7:0 but he revived Rashford, integrated Casemiro/Martinez. He can have plan for Holjlund but judging from his previous seasons i dont think he will fire goals in his first season and thats the expectation!  

Thats how he fumble one on one running with few meters advantage at defenders. This one almost costed Rakow playoff win.

Przechwytywaniess.PNG.cb23c709fee952a05bbcfbd93821c5b3.PNG

Video https://sport.tvp.pl/71719214/el-lm-karabach-rakow-john-yeboah-nie-wykorzystal-sam-na-sam-wideo

He's got good spell in Fortuna, and had some offers between Fortuna/Schalke and Hertha. I would advise him to stay in Fortuna or go to Schalke, even if money is slightly worse. Dardai Berlin is such a bad choice. 

Atalanta has regressed a lot in the past two seasons. Used to reach Coppa Italia finals, PO rounds of CL (almost beat PSG - I believe - in the covid season), and finished third three times in a row in Italy scoring nearly 100 (!) goals once. Last two seasons: quarterfinals in the cup, failure in the group stage in the CL (and no Europe last year), finished 8th (!) and (basically) 6th in the league scoring only 65 and 66 goals. Dominating... in possession? Maybe, I'm not sure, but based on the pure number of shots Atalanta finished in distant 6th too. That's very bad, especially in Serie A with Mourinho, Sarri, and Allegri. 

However, I meant by "good, dominating team" the likes of Malmo, Salzburg, Dortmund, and City, so the very top of their leagues. Sturm Graz and Atalanta are far from that. 

When Haaland was at the same age, he just started his first full season at Dortmund. Not much ahead of Hojlund to be fair. His numbers are not that great for sure, but maybe all he needs is a good team. In his first season in a top league, accompanied by many experienced strikers he wasn't a clear starter, he wasn't a penalty taker, and still had 9 goals in a quite defensive league - not too shabby. 

Obviously, ManU paid much more than Hojlund is worth, but this is what happens when rules are bent by other teams and countries... All in all, he is better in some aspects of the game than Haaland, he has the potential, but could be the next Felix or Sterling. Personally, I believe he would have a better future at Spurs under Postecoglou, especially now that Kane is about to leave. On my watchlist, anyway. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Atalanta has regressed a lot in the past two seasons. Used to reach Coppa Italia finals, PO rounds of CL (almost beat PSG - I believe - in the covid season), and finished third three times in a row in Italy scoring nearly 100 (!) goals once. Last two seasons: quarterfinals in the cup, failure in the group stage in the CL (and no Europe last year), finished 8th (!) and (basically) 6th in the league scoring only 65 and 66 goals. Dominating... in possession? Maybe, I'm not sure, but based on the pure number of shots Atalanta finished in distant 6th too. That's very bad, especially in Serie A with Mourinho, Sarri, and Allegri. 

However, I meant by "good, dominating team" the likes of Malmo, Salzburg, Dortmund, and City, so the very top of their leagues. Sturm Graz and Atalanta are far from that. 

When Haaland was at the same age, he just started his first full season at Dortmund. Not much ahead of Hojlund to be fair. His numbers are not that great for sure, but maybe all he needs is a good team. In his first season in a top league, accompanied by many experienced strikers he wasn't a clear starter, he wasn't a penalty taker, and still had 9 goals in a quite defensive league - not too shabby. 

Obviously, ManU paid much more than Hojlund is worth, but this is what happens when rules are bent by other teams and countries... All in all, he is better in some aspects of the game than Haaland, he has the potential, but could be the next Felix or Sterling. Personally, I believe he would have a better future at Spurs under Postecoglou, especially now that Kane is about to leave. On my watchlist, anyway. 

Well said 🙂

I might not be completely neutral here, and I'll admit I've almost exclusively watched Højlund in the DK national games - where he's been significantly better than Haaland for Norway. However, it doesn't really make sense to compare him to the best striker in the world, when we're talking a kid that only just stepped onto the biggest stage. The price is definitely inflated, but so are many, many other transfer of the past 12 months. You get an extremely dedicated and talented player who'll give everything for the club; those aren't easy to find these days. 

Time will tell whether he's worth the money. I have high hopes, but not very high expectations, for the first season, but I do believe he'll prove himself in the future - if nothing else, then as an excellent first choice for the national team.

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

What does Lidl-Haaland have to do with the Bundesliga? Yet posts about Felix Nmecha get deleted left and right?

Emotion Reaction GIF

https://nitter.net/Sky_Torben/status/1690060971891466241#m

Harry Kane arrived for his medical! 

• Haha 1

Imagine Watzke/Zorc kidnapped Kane in that corridor. Come to Dortmund :classic_blink:

spacer.png 

So if he is healthy that mean odds on Bayern to win the league will go down from 1,05 to 1,02. No CL final with big Kane input and i think the world will see this as a bust. Tuchel is pokal miracle worker but i dont think this squad will go to the final if they will not be as lucky as italian teams this year. Too many question marks in this squad [Kepa:classic_biggrin:]. Will be interesting.

Edited by jerry