Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

50 minutes ago, jerry said:

We'll see, he was a free transfer and small clubs sometimes go crazy for that thinking they are for a big payday after season. Curiously every news dont mention not only wages but how long it will be. Its always its a long term deal :classic_laugh: Im not expecting Boehly kinda deal but they could went overboard and gave him 5 years even. With reportedly 5-6mln [guys close to him said this in the comments, could be bull could be real] a season that could be a bankrupt contract for Werder.

https://salarysport.com/en-us/football/bundesliga/sv-werder-bremen/

We need to wait for this site to update wages for next season. Fastest man planet next generation Gareth Bale, Burke is on 1mln :classic_ninja: Say what you want but i have feeling there are great buisnessman in Bremen :classic_laugh:

These salary websites are just fake news to generate clicks because people are curious. That doesn't mean they know anything at all. Kownacki is not seeing 5 M Euro per year in Bremen. Maybe 5 M Zloty.

Pletti is reporting that the BVB bosses really want to get Nmecha.

Excited Happy Birthday GIF

The tears of the LBGTQPHIV+ community will be so delicious!

Dis Gon B Good GIFIts Always Sunny In Philadelphia Laughing GIF

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Would love to see them sign Rice/Walker some Mahrez and panic buy Kane for 150 after they miss on Osimhen/Vlahovic and then fire Tuchel after two months :classic_cool::classic_biggrin:

...or panic buy Niclas Füllkrug!

Niclas Füllkrug, you gotta be kidding me...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Walker is pervy but class footballer

As well as Cancelo, he ain't known for his defence abilities so how well he will fit to Tuchel playbook which to ain't that attacking oriented? Sure in buli where bayern gets respect and gets to keep ball they can do well but in cl? Wouldn't count on it if master of possession aka bald fraud is willing to let them go.

On other note, proof that karma excists and is doing well when poor stubbe had to watch smurfs to fall and looks like they fail to make on euro thou it was pretty much dream group for them. That is what you get for deleting posts and thread that others build for years. Ain't first one to cheer on others misery but damn i got big smile on my face 😁

Given the way Emre Can has played for the last 1/2 year, that's a reasonable choice. Given the way he's played for the 3 years before that, Lord have mercy! But yeah, Kobel and Can are the only options as captains. But imagine that, in late 2022, Emre Can was on his way out of the club, not even being invited to Qatar and now he's likely the face of the club for the foreseeable future!

Happy Borussia Dortmund GIF by Bundesliga

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Disappointing game today, I would have expected much more. Sad! But on the bright side, the Germans were a lot worse!

Evil Laugh Reaction GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

Herr Flick probably hoping for another scamdemic to save his job!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Swine flu, monkey pox, West Nile fever, covid-23, anything to keep the spectators away from the stadia!

• Haha 1

Didnt see Germans but Moldova first half was a semi amateur team. Zero anything they were falling from malnutrition. Then second half happen and we literally gifted them two goals. The weirdest game i have ever seen. If i didnt know better i would say it was fixed..

Can i interest you in exchange for masterclass terrorist Euro champ Fernando [or as our FA chairman called him Felipe :classic_ninja:] Santos? I would take Herr Flick in a second. He seem to know what Lewangoalski wants :classic_biggrin:

spacer.png

• Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

4 minutes ago, jerry said:

I would take Herr Flick in a second. He seem to know what Lewangoalski wants :classic_biggrin:

Germany lacking a clear striker, Füllkrug is the only one playing this position. Herr Flick masterclass: Never letting Füllkrug play more than a half over the past 3 friendlies, wondering why the team only scored 3 goals in 270 minutes.

Herr Flick before these friendlies: "Niki Süle is not 100 % professional, he has to push more to play for me." Today he started Emre Can, Rüdiger and the pride of Finland Malick Thiaw as his 3 defenders. Emre Can losing the ball before the 0-1. 6 goals against in 270 minutes.

In midfield, he plays his favourites from Bayern all the time. I didn't realize Roidretzka was playing today until I saw him on the pitch after the final whistle.

Germany No GIF by World Cup

• Haha 1

Herr Flick just needs more time! Rooting for Japan to win? OK, no problem. But having to support France now, I'll never forgive them for that...

• Haha 2

Our double agent has been successfully planted!

So far it's pretty quiet on the Bundesliga front regarding transfers: Bensebaini to the BVB, Guerreiro and Laimer to Bayern, some mid-range transfers to other clubs...

17 hours ago, WuDu said:

Pretty exciting video there, is it a trailer for the next chapter of The Slow and Mildly Annoyed?

17 hours ago, WuDu said:

So far it's pretty quiet on the Bundesliga front regarding transfers: Bensebaini to the BVB, Guerreiro and Laimer to Bayern, some mid-range transfers to other clubs...

I wish it were as quiet in some of these threads!

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Haha 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Feel a bit sad you didnt went after Kaminski with that offer but yeah could say he was rather average in first season in Wolfsburg. Maybe too soon and it will happen next year! Feel like its already written in the stars and he has no opinion of guys whatsoever so its safe :classic_huh:

Bayern also after Mason Mount:classic_cool:. Maybe they could bring another Mason from Utd just for the lols. This looks more and more ridiculous. Could be there is agenda to burn Bayern into the ground? Tuchel double agent :classic_laugh:

Some news from ekstraklasa-Germany train.

Jagiellonia contracted Afimico Pululu [if not for anything then just for the fun name]. 2 years contract and last year 13 games and one goal. Call me not impressed.

Warta Poznan took on 3!!! year contract Croat Darko Vizinger from Regensburg. He was there loaned from austrian Wolfsberger. In Regensburg 9games 0 goals but he scored in Austria 11 goals in 65 games. This looks like a proper defensive striker and we love those!

Other than that Lech Poznan is apparently interested in former Ajax legend Daley Singraven who is fringe player now in Leverkusen. Again im not impressed!

Edited by jerry
  • Confused 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Come on guys; you can't possibly be that stupid. Had to delete 6 posts in this thread...

This is about football. It's not about a former Finish PM, your take on what's woke, what a player or yourself think about gays etc. etc. Keep it about the football. It's that simple.

And no, it's not difficult or a grey zone when it's about a players views. You showed in the PL thread that you can't control yourself, when politics and sports are mixed, so just stick to the sports.

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Keep it about the football. It's that simple.

The Stub is correct as always. All these political topics in football have to stop!

Pride-NewStory-1920x1080.webp?itok=AIZZ6Bfu&width=1680

Manuel Neuers Regenbogenbinde: UEFA stellt Überprüfung ein

Der Kniefall im Sport: Was bedeutet die Protestgeste? - SWR2

50 minutes ago, Livertool said:

I would be very happy if politics wouldn't be part of football but unfortunately it is (brought in mainly by leftist).

Look Here Reaction GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Come on guys; you can't possibly be that stupid. Had to delete 6 posts in this thread...

If only there were a part of the UB community were members could continue their discussions without clogging up the main topics. I don't know, maybe call it "Off-topic" or so...

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Feel a bit sad you didnt went after Kaminski with that offer but yeah could say he was rather average in first season in Wolfsburg. Maybe too soon and it will happen next year! Feel like its already written in the stars and he has no opinion of guys whatsoever so its safe :classic_huh:

Juranovic, Kaminski, Ridle Baku's brother, I hope you're trolling. I'm still hoping for Jadon Sancho a little bit. Adeyemi/Malen are set as starters, Bynoe-Gittens and Duranville should be their back-ups.

Adeyemi is the prototype of a black speedster, yet I feel we'll see more of these muscle injuries in the future. Malen only works on the right side and only had half a good year. JBG had chronic shoulder issues last season and Duranville played 30 minutes of pro football for the BVB. A big solution like Sancho would make sense. 

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Tuchel double agent :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

He's really coming....

Happy Celebration GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

Sad Democratic National Convention GIF by Election 2016

I'm looking for a lot of strictly football related tears in the future!

Height, good body, great footwork, exceptional character, rather cheap...Let's see how he fits the team.

#TuchelMagic

I like Kane, he is a superhero in my eyes. He is in a terrible position playing for one of the biggest loser countries and clubs, so many hopes for both for constantly failing. But he keeps delivering, and it is so "Kane-ish" that he almost scored as many goals as Haaland in a much worse team and no one talks about him. He is staying at one club despite not winning shit is unique nowadays, and that is really admirable.

But Bayern? 🙄

2 hours ago, cris1285 said:

I like Kane, he is a superhero in my eyes. He is in a terrible position playing for one of the biggest loser countries and clubs, so many hopes for both for constantly failing. But he keeps delivering, and it is so "Kane-ish" that he almost scored as many goals as Haaland in a much worse team and no one talks about him. He is staying at one club despite not winning shit is unique nowadays, and that is really admirable.

But Bayern? 🙄

Agree with that, a superb player (not just scoring goals) in a very moderate team. The last big instance of that was Shearer going to Newcastle (supported them as a boy) rather than United. Just think how many more goals he might have scored, and titles won, on top of his current PL record.  

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

3 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Agree with that, a superb player (not just scoring goals) in a very moderate team. The last big instance of that was Shearer going to Newcastle (supported them as a boy) rather than United. Just think how many more goals he might have scored, and titles won, on top of his current PL record.  

I always thought Kane is going for that Shearer record at least, but it doesn't look too likely at the moment. 

Skhiri now on the list? Because even if Can extends, we need someone backing him up. That would still leave a lot of room to invest the Bellingham money elsewhere.

Seems like Hernandez from Bayern to PSG and Kim from Napoli to Bayern.

• Like 1

There's not many things lately to praise Bayern but stealing Kim from ManU could be a grand coup! This guy is a physical freak, coming from a country with 170cm and shorter guys and being himself 190 :classic_laugh: And he is as agile and fast as those smaller. I mean people often say its Osimhen and Kvaradona who made Napoli title possible but IMO gamechanger was Kim. I will go as far and say he is now the best CB in the world! Simillar as was Van Dijk when he joined Liverpool [as opposed to now a major liability and biggest factor why Liverpool will not compete for the titles next season]. Kim in ManU and Manchester is in the same way as Liverpool champion contender in a day.

Dortmund out of Alvarez race and will stick to the Can option. Well, i would release Can just for the last game but Dortmund is giving verlangerung and captain armband. Talk about losers...Also out of that race for Frenchman Le something. This looks not too good for now. Bensabaini is a guy who never picked my interest in BMG [was mostly anonymous there] but maybe small plus for Nmecha. Another good season and he would be 50mln worth out of Dortm price range so who knows it could be good signing.

Some journos linking Milinkovic-Savic to Dortmund but its too logical move for them. He wants only 5mln and Dortmund pay that much to chumps like Brands and Can. Probably too old and too expensive as Lazio wants one third of Haaland [about30-35]. But it could make BVB competing for the title :classic_huh:

For retaing 2nd place Dortmund needs one central defender [someone like Kim possibly :classic_ninja:if not with same qualities then hopefully with leadership] and replace Can! 

I like RB business so far. With transfers of Carvalho and Baumgartner [by the way he would be perfect buy for BVB too] how many midfielders do RB Leipzig need? Im counting like 10 for 2/3 positions :classic_biggrin::classic_laugh: They will most likely sell Szobo/Olmo but still. They now bidding for RB Geeertruida from Feyenoord and stealing some young black guy from PSG. If their coach was someone else than Rose i would count RB as a title contender but with him i dont know. Dont see it.

• Haha 1

@jerry The variance in the quality of your posts is astounding. Sometimes you're making cases that sound crazy but turn out to be true (Nagelsmann). And sometimes I have to think that Stubbe hijacked your account to mess with all of us! Entertaining it is, though.

I think I saw Napoli play once or twice in the UCL, probably just simulcast as well. And when I did, I paid more attention to Kvaradona and Osihmen. So I cannot say anything about Kim and how he works together with Upa and de Ligt. I just find it funny that he played for freaking Guo An in China just 2 years ago!

5 hours ago, jerry said:

Dortmund out of Alvarez race and will stick to the Can option. Well, i would release Can just for the last game but Dortmund is giving verlangerung and captain armband. Talk about losers...Also out of that race for Frenchman Le something. This looks not too good for now. Bensabaini is a guy who never picked my interest in BMG [was mostly anonymous there] but maybe small plus for Nmecha. Another good season and he would be 50mln worth out of Dortm price range so who knows it could be good signing.

Bensebaini, similar to Baumgartner, is a popular pick in Bundesliga fantasy. Either gives you 25 points or -5...and bookings...and likes to provoke the opposition. I said it before, I believe that the switch away from Guerreiro is good for the team and with Bense we're getting a defender first and foremost. The transfer market hasn't even opened up yet, trust the plan!

Maybe some guys from BVB 2 or the U-19 will get a shot. Abdou Kamara could be the next one.

5 hours ago, jerry said:

For retaing 2nd place Dortmund needs one central defender [someone like Kim possibly :classic_ninja:if not with same qualities then hopefully with leadership] and replace Can! 

Hummels, Süle, Schlotterbeck. Kobel behind. In the Bundesliga, it doesn't get better than this. Can was probably our best man in the Rückrunde, if not definitely top-3. The game against Mainz wasn't good, however that's not enough in my opinion to replace him. Also to be fair to Can, he was being played out of position way too often. He played 40 games for the BVB as a CB despite the fact that he's no CB at all.

5 hours ago, jerry said:

I like RB business so far. With transfers of Carvalho and Baumgartner [by the way he would be perfect buy for BVB too] how many midfielders do RB Leipzig need? Im counting like 10 for 2/3 positions :classic_biggrin::classic_laugh: They will most likely sell Szobo/Olmo but still. 

Nkunku/Laimer out, Baumgartner/Seiwald from Salzburg in. Schobo likely gone and Olmo likely gone next year.

5 hours ago, jerry said:

They now bidding for RB Geeertruida from Feyenoord and stealing some young black guy from PSG. 

Nice tautology. 😁 Bitshiabu was also linked to the BVB and Frankfurt, I guess.

Firmino to Jeddah as well as Mendy. Honestly, living at the Red Sea, getting obscenely paid playing summertime football with the bros sounds nice to me. Hopefully, Bayern doesn't get bailed out of the Sadio Mane situation like that...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, WuDu said:

@jerry The variance in the quality of your posts is astounding. Sometimes you're making cases that sound crazy but turn out to be true (Nagelsmann). And sometimes I have to think that Stubbe hijacked your account to mess with all of us! Entertaining it is, though.

Right back at ya!

9 hours ago, WuDu said:

Hummels, Süle, Schlotterbeck. Kobel behind. In the Bundesliga, it doesn't get better than this. Can was probably our best man in the Rückrunde, if not definitely top-3. The game against Mainz wasn't good, however that's not enough in my opinion to replace him. Also to be fair to Can, he was being played out of position way too often. He played 40 games for the BVB as a CB despite the fact that he's no CB at all

Can could have great season against weaker teams but in important/high pressure games he will always fold. With him as a captain there will be no leadership and you will crumble[again] in tough spots. Hummels is no better captain btw. Those important games [Chelsea/Bochum/Mainz] showed you lack leadership. Simple as that. There was no one who could instill fight in the team, not even Terzic, Reus, Hummels. I can agree is good to have him in the squad as he is versatille player but not a one of the leaders/high earners or your main defensive midfielder. Alvarez would change Dortmund in many ways. Not technical but old style destroyer [think R.Keane] in mittelfeld that you so much lacking, especially in those high pressure games.

That backline IMO doesnt look good. Sule is on and off. Im trusting Bayern on that. He is just not enough for top. Schlotterbeck i was expecting much much more, again Bayern not going for him might saying something. It could be only first season and in 2nd he will be better though. But if he play like in first one, well it will not be pretty. He seem like he always have this one patzer insider him even when he is having great game. Hummels is sentimental verlangerung just like Reus, he will be used but most often he will be problem. Kobel was very good but he made some big errors and those not only costed BVB the title but also him the transfer. Without them i could easily see ManU/Chelsea going for him not overrated Onana.

With Guerreiro being one of the weirdest transfers this season i wonder how he will fare there. With his work ethic and rather average defensive display he can easily become a mem like late Rafinha but if Tuchel will play him higher and unlock his big potencial he could play there a lot better than in Dortmund and become bargain of the season.

• Haha 1

Leipzig is losing its key players like there is no tomorrow. Szobo is gone to Liverpool, Romano said "here we go", so must be a sure thing. I hope that's not a too big step for him, because he is way too talented to warm the bench... But playing under his favorite coach and mentor Kloppo should be fruitful considering Dominik's work ethic. Let's go! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

Leipzig is losing its key players like there is no tomorrow. Szobo is gone to Liverpool, Romano said "here we go", so must be a sure thing. I hope that's not a too big step for him, because he is way too talented to warm the bench... But playing under his favorite coach and mentor Kloppo should be fruitful considering Dominik's work ethic. Let's go! 

Elon Musk blocked twitter for non-users? Nitter.net it is then, greedy Elon:

image.png.85883a6e2690b12e98f5e09d52eba45b.png

Schobo is one of my favourite non-Dortmund players, nice to see him go to Pool instead of Newcastle. I always believed in him in fantasy! I also would have liked him go to the BVB from Salzburg, but it wasn't meant to be...

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Right back at ya!

Can could have great season against weaker teams but in important/high pressure games he will always fold. With him as a captain there will be no leadership and you will crumble[again] in tough spots. Hummels is no better captain btw. Those important games [Chelsea/Bochum/Mainz] showed you lack leadership. Simple as that. There was no one who could instill fight in the team, not even Terzic, Reus, Hummels. I can agree is good to have him in the squad as he is versatille player but not a one of the leaders/high earners or your main defensive midfielder. Alvarez would change Dortmund in many ways. Not technical but old style destroyer [think R.Keane] in mittelfeld that you so much lacking, especially in those high pressure games.

Sometimes I'm asking myself whether you watch the BVB games or just follow up results on flashscore for betting purposes. :classic_biggrin: Reus was never a leader in the true sense of the word. Hummels did a good job once he started again for Schlotterbeck and Emre Can surprised me in a positive way towards the end of the year. Again, the game against Mainz was an epic collapse, still we're talking about just one loss in the Rückrunde.

I cannot say much about Alvarez either, however the way I understand is, that he's more of a no nonsense destroyer, something you mentioned as well. We're playing a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-3-3 in the future, so there's only room for one destroyer in the lineup. If Ajax wants insane money for him, then it's best to decline. Plus, there have been way too many Ajax frauds in the past.

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Hummels is sentimental verlangerung just like Reus, he will be used but most often he will be problem.

Reus? Sure! Unless Edin has plans for Reus to help us replace Bellingham in the lineup. Instant offense off the bench is nothing you can expect from him. Maybe the plan is to give the Bellingham spot to Nmecha/Reyna/Reus and let them battle it out.

Hummels did a good job when being called upon. His extension was absolutely justified.

2 hours ago, jerry said:

With Guerreiro being one of the weirdest transfers this season i wonder how he will fare there. With his work ethic and rather average defensive display he can easily become a mem like late Rafinha but if Tuchel will play him higher and unlock his big potencial he could play there a lot better than in Dortmund and become bargain of the season.

Where is he going to play then? In central midfield? Kimmich plays all these minutes and Roidretzka is also still around. As left back? 

Movie gif. Liam Neeson as Bryan from Taken, phone to his ear, looks into the distance menacingly as he says, "Good luck." We might surmise that he isn't really wishing them the best of luck.

I said it before, just look at the results of the BVB matches when Rapha played in midfield:

image.png.4590dbec74cd47507ae0d40ef8469fcf.png

• Like 2