Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Maybe Dortmund buy Jolle for chance of title next season? 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22222519/pohjanpalo-celebrates-four-goals-beer-venezia-relegation/

Ahh, I know what I wanted to post here... I didn't have time when I saw the score and forgot later. Pohjanpalo could be the top scorer in Serie B, like Paolo Rossi and Del Piero. Unfortunately, the guy is very streaky for a better team, scores five goals in three matches then nothing for ages, at least at Leverkusen and at Hamburg as far as I remember (feel free to correct me). Venezia had a very bad start, good to see a resurgence.

Too many traditional teams in danger there, SPAL with Gio Rossi and Nainggolan (coached by De Rossi until sacked), Brescia, Como (coached by Oddo and having Fabregas in the medical center), or Benevento (sacked Cannavaro earlier). Tougher than BuLi2 or the Championship this year, and those are a real hell of cemeteries. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cris1285 said:

could be the top scorer in Serie B

He already is, at least for now. Also fought top scorer title of super lig playing in shit club leaving names like Batshuyai and Cornelius behind.

Hard to say if he could have been good and consistent enough at buli when he never had legit chance in Leverkusen but hat trick from bench should be somekind of demonstration of skills at buli level.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/blmd2n-matchday-two-stat-attack.jsp

• Like 1

#NoRefunds

Here we go!

If Guerreiro moves into central midfield permanently, I can live with that. Can, Guerreiro and Brandt backed up by Reus, Özcan and some fresh blood from outside is not too bad. But then Reyna probably needs to go, maybe to some EPL club.

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Guerreiro is for me :classic_biggrin:

Passing 100%  Schuss 100% Dribbling 75% Physical 45% Defensive 35% dont know what temp is Temperament??

Bellingham is a gamble sportswise, but certainly not financially. Even if he flops massively, hazardesque, there still will be someone in England to give 75mln in a heartbeat. What i mean gamble sportswise is that this season Dortmund could win everything! I do agree that team looks exhausted with some players beat to the ground but if Bellingham was really this generational player/leader he would at least help get past Chelsea, perform against Bayern/Leipzig/France or at the least fooking Bochum. The same Bochum when they played Wolfsburg, beloved by@WuDu  Kaminski looked like a world class player! Even german commentators made cracks at the game about 100k player from Bochum who is taking the ball with ease from 100mln one :classic_cool:

He is very much overhyped but i think he can be a good addition to a very good team, so when everything is going good he will help to win 5:1 but when pressure will be on his back he will be almost always anonymous. He still young and can make progress in that regard but with his attitude i dont think he will posess those abilities.

One last thing i see Dortmund's 22/23 season a little similar to Napoli one. Both teams could win everything and they both s h a t the bed in most important games [Napoli with Milan and Cremonese both teams with terrible seasons]. By all means we could easily have final Napoli-Dortmund if Osimhen/Kvarakshelia/Bellingham all of them was not overhyped to the moon. Ok at least Napoli could easily do final :classic_tongue:

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

16 hours ago, jerry said:

Guerreiro is for me :classic_biggrin:

Passing 100%  Schuss 100% Dribbling 75% Physical 45% Defensive 35% dont know what temp is Temperament??

Tempo???

dc comics fox GIF

Against Chelsea, we also had the issue of Adeyemi being injured and Brandt getting injured after 3 minutes. Adeyemi is a difference maker for the team as his speed opens up a lot of room. Brandt was in insane form at the time and all of a sudden Reus/Reyna are your wingers against Chelsea. So I wouldn't put that all on a box to box player like Bellingham.

The BVB now has a late game 3 times in a row, always playing after Bayern. There are rumours that Dani Olmo could be on the list if he doesn't extend with RB. With Bellingham likely leaving, we'd have the room and the money to pick him up unless someone like Barca knocks at his door. Reus is also on his last legs, Reyna could very well be gone and behind Adeyemi/Malen on the wings, we currently only  have JBG and Duranville. 

So there's enough room even with someone like Le Fee coming as well.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Happy Life GIF by The Smurfs

Shocked Fan GIF by WWE

1 hour ago, cris1285 said:

Getting tired of these wins way in the overtime. The fight is there, that's admirable, but lucking out every round is annoying. 

(yeah, I have Schalke to be relegated @3.00 :))

Wasn't that deep into OT. Only around 2-2:30 min played, due to the head injury. And nothing about luck 😉 just an insanely stupid penalty and very deserved win. Only Zentner had a decent game for Mainz.

Happy Football GIF by FC Schalke 04

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

48 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

(yeah, I have Schalke to be relegated @3.00 :))

I Hope Please GIF

Smurfs now with 5 extra points after turning the past 2 games. 17 out of their last 10. However their next opponents are Bayern (A), Frankfurt (H) and Red Bull (A).

surprised oh no GIF

Buli-bros, we could be looking at an absolute sick final matchday.

image.png.b62f7729cd7fd0342f718c8663c57597.png

Let's see if they can do something in Munich next week.

Frankfurt has already packed it in. They play for the cup and nothing else, so today I' recommend Hoffenheim at home against them for 2,38 at UB. I'd also bet on Stuttgart to beat Pal. And you should look at Bochum in Gladbach. Katy Perry's favourite club also packed it in like Frankfurt, will also lose a lot of players this summer, also has nothing to play for anymore and only gets up for the big teams. Against the BVB next week? Sure, they'll be hot again, but there's a reason why Bochum dropped from 4,3 to 3,45.

Bayern gets the Topspiel against Bremen with a bunch of missing players:

Roidretzka, Upa, Davies, Schokopudding.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

I think the Hertha - Stuttgart will be a high-scoring game. Pal needs three points, otherwise, it's pretty much over. Stuttgart must be tired and disappointed, which could lead to a lack of concentration. For me, it's a sure over. And hopefully, Hertha wins. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cris1285 said:

I think the Hertha - Stuttgart will be a high-scoring game. Pal needs three points, otherwise, it's pretty much over. Stuttgart must be tired and disappointed, which could lead to a lack of concentration. For me, it's a sure over. And hopefully, Hertha wins. 

Goals over was easy. Let's hope Hertha can keep the score. Bredlow, bent low, the second goal from HBSC is funny. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WuDu said:

Frankfurt has already packed it in. They play for the cup and nothing else, so today I' recommend Hoffenheim at home against them for 2,38 at UB. I'd also bet on Stuttgart to beat Pal. And you should look at Bochum in Gladbach. Katy Perry's favourite club also packed it in like Frankfurt, will also lose a lot of players this summer, also has nothing to play for anymore and only gets up for the big teams. Against the BVB next week? Sure, they'll be hot again, but there's a reason why Bochum dropped from 4,3 to 3,45.

Not that good, at least Frankfurt played as expected. One match left with BVB-Wolfsburg tomorrow. This should be a win at home.

image.png.4d3a014c319c5326446c2ac934343bde.png

image.png.1dd955d32e296c571f9d23f71deb8b3e.png

Let's see what the Smurfs can do in Munich.

Happy German Soccer GIF by FC Schalke 04

• Like 1

I just dont get it. Wolfsburg smashes Bochum, Dortmund smashes Wolfsburg and Dortmund lose title with Bochum.

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

2 hours ago, jerry said:

I just dont get it. Wolfsburg smashes Bochum, Dortmund smashes Wolfsburg and Dortmund lose title with Bochum.

Bochum-Dortmund was on the road, a derby and the ref was blind.

Dortmund-Wolfsburg was at home, with an early goal for us and Wolfsburg packed it in rather sooner than later.

Great performance today, however Wolfsburg was really weak. Outstanding players: Hummels and Adeyemi.

Happy Borussia Dortmund GIF by BundesligaChampions League Football GIF by UEFA

Hummels played 60 minutes for a team that won 6-0 and was still one of the best players on the pitch. Adeyemi with a sick vertical again before heading in the 1-0 and great effort ahead of the 5-0. Next season Brandt should get the #10 and AIRdeyemi should troll everybody switching to #23. :classic_biggrin:

Speaking of which, I really like Adeyemi as the likeable idiot on the team. 4-0 ahead and catching yellows for diving, leading the BVB with 8 yellows (tied with Bellingham) in the league despite only playing 43 % of possible minutes as a left winger (mostly for diving and whacking opponents) and today going for the hattrick and missing the penalty. 

amused jaw drop GIF

Adeyemi definitely is a playmaker, something we haven't seen since Sancho left. In the second half, Bellingham then turned it up with the 4-0 and the 6-0. 

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

150 M Euros well spent and I'm looking forward to him provoking the Barca fans in the future!

Malen now with 7 goals and 3 assists over his last 7 matches.

Well, well, well, next week will be interesting:

image.jpeg.6d857266103fbca8df57197ae6b9740d.jpeg

Bayern-Smurfs and BVB-Gladbach.

• Haha 3

Make It Rain Money GIF by SubtitleBee

No chance for Liverpoor. 150 M from Real to rebuild the team sounds nice, especially since we're also saving salaries along the way with Dahoud, Modeste, Reus, Hummels, hopefully Hazard, Meunier, Schulz.

Frankfurt is now rumoured to kick out Glasner immediately. Over the past 10 games, they are 0-5-5 in the Bundesliga. More pressure on Schalke to get something this Saturday!

Football Soccer GIF by FC Schalke 04

• Like 1

Update from Buli-Ekstraklasa connection:classic_biggrin:

Like i said earlier Buli is now mostly priced out of Ekstraklasa bums. Now its Serie A/B and MLS. They just now missed on A.Skóraś from Lech Poznań who is going to FC Brugge for 7mln. There were some Buli clubs interessiert and even someone reported that BVB was eyeing him. As a squad player he would be ok probably but i dont he is ready for Buli or team like BVB. He was two years blocked by Kaminski so his development stale for a while and he is already 23. This is his first breakout season as even in last one he was mostly sub. Fourth sort of african-european players in Belgium [first is ENG,second and third Buli and Ligue] league could be good for him. Im pretty sure if he flop there next club will be in Buli.

Torhuter Kovacevic [Rakow] still linked with host of Buli clubs, but so far no one want to pay 10-12mln for a newly crowned polish champion. Maybe will help he switched national teams, from Bosnia to Serbia :classic_biggrin: He wasnt that good this season if you ask me but had many minor injuries.

RB Fran Tudor [Rakow] also attracts a lot of attention from Buli. Price is 2-3mln and even if he just penned new contract there is big chance he will leave with Augsburg leading the race.

Media link Legia Warszawa coach Kosta Runjaic with Werder job. This would be nice reward for whoever is there and saved them from relegation.

From my own backyard, Śląsk Wrocław need miracle to avoid relegation. The only one bright point of that dreadfull team is african-german John Yeboah. At first he was laughably bad at left wing, but when he switched to mittelfeld he is our best player. He was also playing in left wing/left back in Germany so its probably thats why he flopped there. There were some offers in winter and our geniuses asked for 2mln. Now if team will be relegated he will be available for free. He is on the radar on every Ekstraklasa team, but i think every team in 2nd buli will want him. Other german connection are Marcel Zylla, Bayern alumn and neuzugang from Hertha Dennis Jastrzembski. Both are absolutely terrible, with Zylla who just making first game cameo after more than a year [it wasnt injury, he was even regurarly subbed off in reserves team in 4rd league], and Jastrzembski might be the dumbest player in Ekstraklasa. I would not be amazed if he wasnt bullied in that team or something. Zero confidence and run like a headless chicken. Maybe he need to change position just like Yeboah...

German coach of Gornik Zabrze Bartosch Gaul was fired few months ago, their goalkeeper Kevin Broll went back to Dresden in winter with Podolski likely to stay another season.

Edited by jerry

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Update from Buli-Ekstraklasa connection:classic_biggrin:

Like i said earlier Buli is now mostly priced out of Ekstraklasa bums. Now its Serie A/B and MLS. They just now missed on A.Skóraś from Lech Poznań who is going to FC Brugge for 7mln. There were some Buli clubs interessiert and even someone reported that BVB was eyeing him. As a squad player he would be ok probably but i dont he is ready for Buli or team like BVB. He was two years blocked by Kaminski so his development stale for a while and he is already 23. This is his first breakout season as even in last one he was mostly sub. Fourth sort of african-european players in Belgium [first is ENG,second and third Buli and Ligue] league could be good for him. Im pretty sure if he flop there next club will be in Buli.

The BVB connections are usually "journos" trying to generate clicks or agents hyping up their own players. Skoras is a 23 year old boomer from Ekstraklasa playing left winger. Why would the BVB pick up someone like him? Our wingers are Adeyemi/Malen backed up by Bynoe-Gittens and Duranville. OK, at least on paper, since Bynoe-Gittens has steady shoulder issues and Duranville hasn't even been in the matchday squad for the BVB so far.

Malen is 24, Adeyemi is 21, JBG is 18, Duranville is 17 years old. I could see the BVB adding another piece here since Adeyemi/Malen cannot play all the time and JBG/Duranville are question marks. But then we'd be talking about a veteran player like Sancho or so. Since we also have Old Man Moukoko on board and there are now rumours that the BVB might look into signing Ducksch from Bremen, Terzic could also decide that 4 wingers are enough and we'd add other parts to be more flexible.

Kaminski was playing left wing back last Sunday. I think I saw him twice. :classic_biggrin:

image.png.e7487b55a34258d3b8874ab0e3848e6b.png

Hertha losing 5-2 in Cologne should pratically seal the deal for them.

Good to see them getting relegated while Union is playing in Europe again next year. Millions over millions of investor money wasted just to go down like that.

Happy Survivor GIF

Smurfs are playing Bayern tomorrow, Stuttgart gets Leverkusen on Sunday and Bochum gets Augsburg. After MD 32, we'll be a lot smarter. If Stuttgart beats Leverkusen (tired due to playing Euroleague in Rome on Thursday), then Hertha cannot catch them anymore, meaning they could be demotivated against Bochum on MD 33.

• Like 1

Smurfs being totally useless (have fun in 2. Bundesliga next season) and the BVB dominating Gladbach. After Köln managed to beat Leverkusen and Hertha, I think the game against Bayern has some upset potential. However next weekend we'll see Bayern-RB on Saturday and Augsburg-BVB on Sunday. I think RB never managed to get anything from Bayern late in the year and Freiburg is falling apart at the wrong time. Not that I want leftist trash club Freiburg to win anything, however there could be the case that RB already has the UCL secured before the Bayern match:

image.png.bd50515ceb922dd2c39254d8fe280f06.png

After Frankfurt decided with coach Glasner to part ways after the season, they won again. And now Frankfurt has the chance to eventually qualify for Europe via the Bundesliga. Next week they travel to the Smurfs! With Bochum winning and gaining 7 goals on the Smurfs, it's now getting really close in the basement. If Stuttgart wins tomorrow at home against tired Leverkusen, not only is Hertha pratically gone then, but the Smurfs have to win against Frankfurt as well.

Best case scenarios for tomorrow: Bremen not losing to Red Bull, Stuttgart winning against Leverkusen.

• Like 1

Well, the UBcommunity is turning into the Bud Light of forums:

image.png.eb7d40594b51696d0416bc8cef320063.png

Well done guys!

amused jaw drop GIF

However since we're experiencing one of the best Bundesliga seasons in recent memory and the closest race for the fantasy title, let's still take a look at the 33rd matchday:

image.png.549e68fbff109c79605ecf64336a4a6f.png

Bayern- RB is the Topspiel, of course. If Freiburg doesn't win against Wolfsburg on Friday, Red Bull qualifies for the UCL immediately. Augsburg-BVB on Sunday is a real tough one. It's always tough to play in Augsburg and over the past 5 years I've seen so many games between the two teams where Augsburg gave us trouble. Imagine Bayern losing points to Red Bull only for the BVB to draw afterwards.

Day Valentine GIF

Let's hope Jude, Brandt, Adeyemi, Malen and Haller will be enough. A little fun fact: After matchday 17, how many combined goals did Malen, Adeyemi and Haller score in the Bundesliga?

Spoiler

In the 15 games of the Rückrunde so far, these 3 guys scored 22 goals. This shows the tremendous importance of Haller for our game. It also means that there are some obsolete players. I think the Reus extension was a mistake. There's simply no room for him anymore and he doesn't provide instant offense off the bench. Old man Moukoko had his moments this season, but he's a totally different type when being compared to Haller. Paying 6 M a year for a bench player that doesn't really fit the system? I don't know. Gio Reyna now with 6 goals off the bench this season, but I don't see the fit for him anymore. His body language and his all around effort is atrocious. 

Imagine a lineup with Guerreiro, Reyna, Moukoko, Dahoud and Reus. What would that be called? The limp noodle?

I'm not watching the early games on Saturday, but Smurfs-Frankfurt and Pal vs Bochum will be important. Thank God, Frankfurt seems to be back on track. In fantasy, Iskander is leading by 10 points. 

Nervous Season 4 GIF by The Office

180 minutes of this great season left!

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 2

You could won this season treble, and im not even joking :classic_biggrin: There still two matches and now you have easier than Bayern but yeah by all means this will be another memorable season after than one when you had few points off Bayern. Still, it could be worse as Leipzig even with their record against Bayern is third/fourth team in the country and Koeln is in top form it seems. Need to see the odds for Dortmund title. Something like 7-10 could be worth to gamble. Have a feeling you will lend a helping hand and fook around against Mainz or Augsburg though...

If only your board made some risky moves in January or summer. Even with healthy Haller you were two/three [RB/LB, DM since Ozcan flopped,WINGER/ATTACKER] first team guys short. Bringing Modeste was terrible mistake, even Stevie Wonder had seen it. You have money, even if not you could make some loans on account of Bellingham. Its was missed opportunity of the decade.

Next season it seem it will be Bayer that will push Bayern. I know i made this prediction once and its fall on its knees but if they keep Xabi [feel like if Zidane will not come third time Real could go for him] their squad looks very strong. They already secured Grimaldo and Xhaka. I dont care much for Xhaka but Grimaldo is immense, why he is signing with 2nd tier Leverkusen is beyond me [havent heard of any decline or anything every summer he was linked with top teams, maybe it was Xabi doing]. What i know he is too old for Dortmund as he is 27. Even if they lose Diaby they look strong, Grimaldo will be best LB of the league with like 15 assists.

I think old man will be a flop. I know he had his moments this season awarded by contract and world cup but he is constantly showing that his not consistent or not healthy/available enough for top team. Probably time to cash on him, some Crystal Palace could splash some 20mln on him like they did on that boy wonder from Schalke.

• Confused 1