Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

Upamecano!

Kristen Bell Laughing GIF

Nice job so far, Mr Tuchel:

6 matches: BVB, Shitty (2x), Freiburg (2x), Hoffe.

2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses. 8:9 goals.

Scored more than 1 goal: 1 out of 6 games. Vs the BVB.

Shut-outs: 1 out of 6 games. Vs Freiburg.

Happy Line Up GIF by Bundesliga

Too early to judge Tuchel, I'm very sure the chaos around the club has also impacted the performance. For instance, Upamecano and Sommer is shaky af. And Bayern never looked strong enough to me under Nagelsmann either. That's the main reason Dortmund still has a tiny chance. 

Cheaty had a terrible attitude again, time-wasting already in the first half (!), Grealish fell in love with throw-ins, the penalty from Michael Myers was comical at least. 

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

Kane

Nope. Kane never won anything so i don't see him going to another club with slim chances for success. Well, league trophy is pretty much nuts but so it is for HJK too yet i doubt he is coming here either.

But interesting to see how much money they will burn to get players they don't need when we look recent history of Munchen+Tuchel transfers 😄

Pal Dardai soll Hertha BSC retten.

Pal is back, looking good and the Olympic stadium is sold out with 75.000 people! For a game of Pal-ball between Hertha and Bremen.

Kevin Hart Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Not looking good for the Smurfs!

Sad The Smurfs GIF by Boomerang Official

5 hours ago, Livertool said:

Nope. Kane never won anything so i don't see him going to another club with slim chances for success. Well, league trophy is pretty much nuts but so it is for HJK too yet i doubt he is coming here either.

But interesting to see how much money they will burn to get players they don't need when we look recent history of Munchen+Tuchel transfers 😄

Except that at Bayern he'll be looking at 20+ M Euro per year for 3-4 years while HJK is paying its players with Finncrisp coupons.

Also interesting will be whom they'll be able to transfer out. Sabitzer is doing well with United. Cancelo will likely go back to Shitty. No way in hell that 35 year old Sadio Mane will give up the final 2 years of his retirement contract for nothing. Roidretzka and Gnabry both make around 18-19 M Euro per year, yet offer not that much in return.

Hopefully Tuchel works his "transfer magic" once more... 

200.gif

Xabi Alonso and Leverkusen marching towards the semifinals in the Euroleague. No more Neverkusen? 

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

14 hours ago, WuDu said:

Except that at Bayern he'll be looking at 20+ M Euro per year for 3-4 years while HJK is paying its players with Finncrisp coupons.

For sure but like said, i think he wants to win more than going for just big money. I would place my money on Real or ManU in that order just because it is more likely to get taste of trophies at Real.

What comes to Munchen and HJK, funny that both make same amount of profit with so different revenue. Maybe Munchen should consider coupons too 😋

bm.jpg.084feb642ca8318bd38526eb3803e50c.jpg

HJK made a profit of over two million euros with a turnover of around 15 million euros.

https://pledgetimes.com/money-hjk-made-a-wild-result-lyytikainen-gives-its-own-dividends-to-needy-futars/

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

For sure but like said, i think Kane wants to win more than going for just big money. I would place my money on Real or ManU in that order just because it is more likely to get taste of trophies at Real.

Kane wants to win trophies. Kane might be going to Man United. 

Confused James Franco GIF

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

HJK made a profit of over two million euros with a turnover of around 15 million euros.

Any "big name" transfers for them like Morelos, Pohjanpalo or Pukki? Playing in Europe? If not, HJK should invest some of their coupons to hire a consultant who reduces their tax burden. Might be smarter to bring down the profit with some investments instead of paying Sanna's breakfasts or fill up Zelensky's offshore accounts.

Oli Kahn, the CEO of Bayern München, is now on the hot seat if the rumours are true.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

The good thing is that there are almost no "sure shot" individuals left to fill potential vacancies with Bayern.

No more Lewy? They already missed with Mane and probably have to spend now with Osihmen, Kane etc.

No more Neuer? They had to spend a lot for Sommer and he's far from a sure thing.

No more Nagelsmann? Had to spend a lot for Tuchel. If he bombs, who's left? Kloppo? Another foreign experiment?

I also don't see a replacement for Kahn right now. Unless Uli Hoeness comes back...

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 6/23/2022 at 6:15 PM, WuDu said:
I'm hereby officially announcing: 

The BVB is BACK and we're challenging for the title this year!

The odds for the BVB to win the Bundesliga are currently at around 9,00. Bet your salary/income/food coupons/girlfriend and enjoy a great ROI

Football Sport GIF by FC Bayern Munich

Nagelsmann now officially coach of the year in the Bundesliga?

Happy Champions League GIF by DAZN

5 games to go!

image.png.71a3752ca95ac3a0cd04b0970f63592d.png

Malen and Adeyemi absolutely incredible today. Malen now with 6 goals and 3 assists in his past 5 Buli matches. The hottest fantasy forward right now as well and another player that was fixed by Edin.

Adeyemi now the absolute Schwalbenkönig, getting yet another yellow for diving. 

Happy Dance GIF by FC Red Bull Salzburg

Hummels as well with a great performance, however Frankfurt didn't really show much at all.

Tuchel now with 1 out of 7 games where Bayern scored more than 1 goal and 1 out of 7 again where Bayern conceded less than 2. Also funny, since Sadio Mane hit Leroy Sane in the locker room, they didn't spend 1 second together on the pitch.

Next Friday, we're playing in Bochum with great atmosphere.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, WuDu said:

5 games to go!

In other words, 5 games to screw things up 😜

Meh, gotta hold this time with Bayern being so bad.

On 4/21/2023 at 9:02 PM, WuDu said:

Oli Kahn, the CEO of Bayern München, is now on the hot seat if the rumours are true.

Really hope so for justice sake

49 minutes ago, Livertool said:

In other words, 5 games to screw things up 😜

Sure, but it's not like Bayern didn't screw up even more! Neuer and Lewy covered up a lot in the past and to quote Smurf and Bundesliga legend Rudi Assauer: "When the snow melts, you see where the shit lies!" 

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office 

image.png.5b528d53002a46772fac665d0c1d778f.png

Tough matches coming up for the BVB:

In Bochum, the small Ruhrderby. Friday night. Really, really tough.

Wolfsburg, very tough to play against. Should be doable at home, though.

Gladbach, hot'n'cold like Katy Perry, usually hot against the big teams.

Augsburg on the road is super nasty to play! Remember Haaland's first game for the BVB, when he was subbed on to turn a 1-3 game into a 5-3? That was in Augsburg.

Mainz is the 2nd best team over the past 10 games in the Buli.

For Bayern its Hertha and Pal-ball. Well, let me put it this way: I'm not really counting on Bayern slipping here but who knows? Lukebakio already scored 3 goals against Bayern in the past for Düsseldorf.

Werder is the old North-South derby so there's a chance for a slip up.

Smurfs at home should usually end 8-0 or so, but maybe S04 is able to keep the 0-0, Bayern gets nervous, Schokopudding cannot play...

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Red Bull is probably THE game here, especially if Nkunku comes back. Usually RB chokes in these big games, though.

Playing in Cologne is also tough. For Köln, this is their Super Bowl and they can play with no worries with fanatic fans pushing them.

Salt Bae Steak GIF

• Like 2

On 4/23/2023 at 11:02 AM, WuDu said:

Sure, but it's not like Bayern didn't screw up even more! Neuer and Lewy covered up a lot in the past and to quote Smurf and Bundesliga legend Rudi Assauer: "When the snow melts, you see where the shit lies!" 

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office 

image.png.5b528d53002a46772fac665d0c1d778f.png

Tough matches coming up for the BVB:

In Bochum, the small Ruhrderby. Friday night. Really, really tough.

Wolfsburg, very tough to play against. Should be doable at home, though.

Gladbach, hot'n'cold like Katy Perry, usually hot against the big teams.

Augsburg on the road is super nasty to play! Remember Haaland's first game for the BVB, when he was subbed on to turn a 1-3 game into a 5-3? That was in Augsburg.

Mainz is the 2nd best team over the past 10 games in the Buli.

For Bayern its Hertha and Pal-ball. Well, let me put it this way: I'm not really counting on Bayern slipping here but who knows? Lukebakio already scored 3 goals against Bayern in the past for Düsseldorf.

Werder is the old North-South derby so there's a chance for a slip up.

Smurfs at home should usually end 8-0 or so, but maybe S04 is able to keep the 0-0, Bayern gets nervous, Schokopudding cannot play...

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Red Bull is probably THE game here, especially if Nkunku comes back. Usually RB chokes in these big games, though.

Playing in Cologne is also tough. For Köln, this is their Super Bowl and they can play with no worries with fanatic fans pushing them.

Salt Bae Steak GIF

Tough matches ahead of Dortmund, and I'm afraid players will have a meltdown in these unusual circumstances (aka having a chance for the trophy), so I happily cashed out on Dortmund. The odds like this are around 3.4, which is not too bad. Peanuts only but I have no trust, if Dortmund somehow makes it, I will be happy "twice".

Feels like the Arsenal situation, not used to this pressure at all. Okay, Dortmund doesn't have to deal with a rival with an unlimited roster (shopper Pep), and Bayern is far from confident as City rn, but it's very similar to me. 

Dardai is in the house, and not everyone is happy with it. Sunjic doesn't like to work and unfortunately for him, "Pal Ball" is based on the grind. 😅

• Like 2

Yeah to me also Dortmund have tougher road. That said with Bayern form/turmoil the title is Dortmund's to lose. I dont think there will be better chance than this i really hope they can took it.

Julien right know :classic_laugh:

Happy German GIF by RB Leipzig

He is the real winner here. So the Bayern was not happy with how the team was playing. Which is fine cause it wasnt great with some real stinkers along the road [Gladbach/Leverkusen]. The thing is they were still going for everything with perfect record in CL. I have no doubt City games would be closer [Upamecano was the architect of this and he was very good under Nagelsmann even earning WC place - minus calamity game at Gladbach of course], the Freiburg lose would not happen and also Mainz/Hoffenheim would not happen. Would they won against Dortmund like with Tuchel, who knows, im rather sure they would not lose at minimum. Even firing him after thrashing against City would be wrong, after all this team is in transition after losing 40goals a season striker. I would understand firing him if he was some Hansi understudy, guy from Bayern reserves or whatever not someone you bring for 20mln for a long project. Its just doesnt make sense, it just feels personal. Kahn doest like Julien and thats it. And he we will pay for it with his job most likely.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

4 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Tough matches ahead of Dortmund, and I'm afraid players will have a meltdown in these unusual circumstances (aka having a chance for the trophy), so I happily cashed out on Dortmund. The odds like this are around 3.4, which is not too bad.

How Dare You Greta GIF

4 hours ago, jerry said:

Julien right now 

He is the real winner here. 

Nagelsmann Neue Freundin

Plastic surgery on point. Banging the hottest chicks. Getting paid millions for sitting at home. Market value rising without even coaching a game. #TheGoodLife

4 hours ago, jerry said:

Kahn doest like Julien and thats it. And he we will pay for it with his job most likely.

As long as Brazzo stays somehow in charge, I'm OK with that. Let this clown continue making ego transfers like he did with Sadio Mane, Cancelo or Coutinho.

5 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Tough matches ahead of Dortmund, and I'm afraid players will have a meltdown in these unusual circumstances (aka having a chance for the trophy).

Don't underestimate the power of Edin!

Come On GIF by Borussia Dortmund

He fixed Wolf, Emre Can and Malen. He improved Moukoko, Brandt and Adeyemi. He benched Reus, Meunier, Reyna and even Dahoud. I'm certain he will field the best lineup for the respective games now and won't care about names at all. Against Bochum on Friday, we'll have to be ready to fight. Bochum surprised a lot of teams at home, the stadium is rather small but tightly packed (I've been there inside once when it was empty), Bochum is fghting relegation and these Friday night games are special. Bochum also has speedsters Antwi-Adjei and Holtmann who gave the BVB trouble when playing for Paderborn.

Personally, I wouldn't change the offensive side of the lineup at all, even the kicker grades point that out:

image.png.33185db0c8168b6904b9124c01d786b0.png

Grades are given according to grades in German schools. 1,0 being the best; 6,0 being the worst. Everything with a 2 is a good performance. 5 and below means you failed. Malen and Adeyemi should be the wingers going forward.

• Haha 2

Karim AIRdeyemi:

Bild

Well, Buli-bros, the final month of the season has arrived! 5 matches left!

Champions League Nod GIF by UEFA

The BVB is playing tonight in Bochum, Schalke has the Topspiel tomorrow against Bremen and Bayern is playing on Sunday vs community darling Pal.

Really, really crucial for the BVB to win tonight. After Bochum we play 3 times at home and once in Augsburg. The BVB is 12-1-1 at home. The loss was the game against Bremen when we led 2-0 in the 89th minute and the 2-2 against Bayern when Modeste scored the equalizer in the last second.

I'm expecting the following lineup.

Can

Bellingham-Brandt

Adeyemi-Malen

Haller

in midfield/up front should be given. No way at all to change it here.

Hummels and Süle will be the CBs since Schlotti is OUT for today. 2 out of Guerreiro/Ryerson/Wolf will be the outside defenders. Somehow Guerreiro sneaked his way back as our LB even with Hummels playing.

not sure GIF

Actually, I would sit Guerreiro here due to the speed of Antwi-Adjei and Holtmann. But I think Edin will leave Wolf out.

The BVB extended Reus' contract until 2024. Salary has been almost cut in half and if Bellingham doesn't extend, Brandt will be the highest paid offensive player next season. I don't know, Reus can still score and has done a lot for the club but to be honest, we could easily play without him. Well, let's hope he backs up Malen/Adeyemi/Brandt next season and in 24/25 someone else is ready to step up. Hummels taking the same deal would be crucial, however there are now rumours that he might ride into the sunset with the Meisterschaft.

Celebration Fans GIF by Borussia Dortmund

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WuDu said:

I'm expecting the following lineup.

Can

Bellingham-Brandt

Adeyemi-Malen

Haller

in midfield/up front should be given. No way at all to change it here.

Hummels and Süle will be the CBs since Schlotti is OUT for today. 2 out of Guerreiro/Ryerson/Wolf will be the outside defenders. Somehow Guerreiro sneaked his way back as our LB even with Hummels playing.

Actually, I would sit Guerreiro here due to the speed of Antwi-Adjei and Holtmann. But I think Edin will leave Wolf out.

image.png.b53a78478fca2fe6b0aa4ca0fe000f4d.png

As expected. Again, Dahoud not even on the bench.

Day Valentine GIF

Nice job, ref! How anybody could not give the penalty on Adeyemi in the 65th minute is beyond me. VAR asleep as usual.

Well, seems like Bayern needs to drop one game as well now. #LetsGoPal

hertha berlin football GIF by Hertha BSC

• Sad 2

Happy Thomas Tuchel GIF by DAZN

Made a promise to myself to watch all the Dortmund games to the title. Well, thats gone fast. You get one early goal but when you equalise almost immediately and the result stays 1:1 fook me. Thats bad. There were some situations, maybe pen on Adeyemi [for me doubtfull, cause Adeyemi was looking for contact there but still no var was rather weird] but overally too little pressure from Dortmund for a team thats goin for the first title in 10years. Old man had two good occasions but after second one he was totally silent.

Was this off target header from Bellingham going where also the title will go? We will see...

Przechwytywaniesssssss.PNG.8ec65ae6f9329534df51ce40b60e09f2.PNG

• Sad 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

29 minutes ago, jerry said:

maybe pen on Adeyemi [for me doubtfull, cause Adeyemi was looking for contact there but still no var was rather weird]

Bochum defender crushes into Adeyemi's legs from one side while the ball is on the other side. The handball is debateable, but this one is not, in my opinion. Even with a diver's tax being applied to it.

31 minutes ago, jerry said:

overally too little pressure from Dortmund for a team thats goin for the first title in 10years. Old man had two good occasions but after second one he was totally silent.

I told you guys, despite the 1-5 vs Wolfsburg, this was going to be a very tough game. Riemann seems to be the German Hradecky, sometimes losing games all by himself and sometimes, like today, he's there to rescue his team.

I think Dortmund wasted too many chances in the first half hour, especially Adeyemi. The Reus/Old Man combo in the late 2nd half was nice, but there was a lot of traffic around them. 

We'll see, so far Bayern under Tuchel only scored more than once in one out of seven games. Schokopudding is injured...

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 4:50 PM, cris1285 said:

Tough matches ahead of Dortmund, and I'm afraid players will have a meltdown in these unusual circumstances (aka having a chance for the trophy), so I happily cashed out on Dortmund. The odds like this are around 3.4, which is not too bad. Peanuts only but I have no trust, if Dortmund somehow makes it, I will be happy "twice".

Feels like the Arsenal situation, not used to this pressure at all. Okay, Dortmund doesn't have to deal with a rival with an unlimited roster (shopper Pep), and Bayern is far from confident as City rn, but it's very similar to me. 

Dardai is in the house, and not everyone is happy with it. Sunjic doesn't like to work and unfortunately for him, "Pal Ball" is based on the grind. 😅

Excellent timing for once! Can't beat Bochum??? Lol.

Smurfs coming back from behind in another must win game for them.

Happy German Soccer GIF by FC Schalke 04

image.png.e8348b566962b7252a3cd593fc7f1d08.png

image.png.a1728f56872026ac1cffa744e61956ff.png

However it won't be enough, the game against Frankfurt is the only one where I see them having a shot. Maybe that motivates them vs Bayern. Not looking good for Pal, however after Bayern, the schedule is pretty easy. Stuttgart and Bochum at home are must win 6-pointers, though.

11 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Excellent timing for once! Can't beat Bochum??? Lol.

image.png.dc39fc6f2fff1e42cde3df28300ba0bb.png

image.png.dce88e78b6752473e3b96515b5c6df43.png

We just need Bayern to draw once and Red Bull is playing for the UCL on MD 33. Who knows? Maybe we see another surprise along the way as well. Don't forget, Bayern is just 9-5-0 at home, losing points to Gladbach, Stuttgart, Köln, Frankfurt and Hoffenheim this season.

Pokal games this week between Freiburg-RB and Stuttgart-Frankfurt. Red Bull is playing Freiburg again next weekend in the Buli.

image.png.3f40a6533c488d37712a64a54ed92830.png

No Pal magic so far, Bremen is the next one for Bayern. Sane and Mane again not starting together, today they played 15 minutes with each other.

image.png.ab0c21462231ddbe3d8dd5607d4f3cc6.png

Very close race:

Pal playing against the competition at home. The Smurfs have to play in Mainz, in Munich and in Leipzig. Given the schedule of the other teams in the basement, anything can happen.

It's funny that big name clubs will go down this season: Hertha, Smurfs most likely. But who's coming up?

image.png.766c92c3baf066f79f469075e4dca6c6.png

Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2023 at 11:28 PM, WuDu said:

Bochum defender crushes into Adeyemi's legs from one side while the ball is on the other side. The handball is debateable, but this one is not, in my opinion. Even with a diver's tax being applied to it.

The ref in charge of the Bochum-BVB game now even admitted that the Adeyemi situation was a clear foul and even did a media tour attending the biggest TV shows about football in Germany on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Never seen such a mea culpa tour from a ref to save his career.

shirt laundry GIF

The German ref system is so laughable, the VAR in charge of Bochum-BVB was even the VAR ref in charge for Magdeburg-HSV the next day. 

Leipzig vs Stuttgart/Frankfurt in the cup final. 

Gag Me Christine Taylor GIF

Sky is reporting that Bayern is looking towards Kolo Muani for next season, which would actually make sense if you considered Bayern's transfer history. This deal could also cause trouble for Bayern, paying something like 80 M Euro for a player with a limited track record is a huge risk.

Edited by WuDu