Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

3 minutes ago, WuDu said:

image.thumb.png.65ede3e398ef99bb4b395bb85b9996cb.png

With @jerry you sometimes get this kind of analysis here.

Thing is he could still get all the trophies this season. They just destroyed PSG. League form is abysmal but mostly its on Muller and co feeling too sure of themselves after 11 titles.

4 minutes ago, WuDu said:

image.thumb.png.fff88c2b0141f9f62c4d52765ce3d4f0.png

@Purps is demanding answers, for sure...

Brandt had now first real good runde for you. Cmon, was bad/average against Chelsea and lets see him against Bayern. Im still at the opinion his transfer is average for Dortmund. He was top prospect at Bayer and destined to have one or at most two seasons at Dortmund yet he still is here. Another good whole season could change my mind. Maybe...

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

55 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Sounds like a player uprising to me, which is very Bayern imo. 

In that case it's not about style of play but simply authority. I think this will likely turn out to save the league title for Bayern 😉

Trouble since Oktoberfest? Out of the insider thread on transfermarkt, via google translate:

since the Wiesn visit has just been completed, some of my sources within the association have been particularly enjoyable to talk about. This is particularly about Julian Nagelsmann and how things are currently looking within the team.

Especially in the dressing room, Nagelsmann loses more and more support from the players from game to game. Members (not all!) of the "95er-New-Gen" group within the team play a role here. They doubt Nagelsmann's leadership quality, demand set playing time and are now increasingly testing the limits, which JN does not clearly define. (And anyone who really thinks that Goretzka's demands were only artificially built up has never heard of damage limitation.) But Müller is not satisfied either. He's unhappy with the initial 4-2-2-2 system because he doesn't have a fixed role there and it doesn't compliment his strengths. And talents like Gravenberch are also becoming more and more restless (as recently confirmed by an interview with NOS).
Although the club management is in favor of the coach, it is ultimately up to the team whether Nagelsmann has a future at Bayern or not. There are a few players who prefer Thomas Tuchel as a coach, which has been an issue among higher-ranking players since his dismissal from Chelsea. Since the departure of Robert Lewandowski and the bad second half of the season, individual parts of the team (this is primarily in the German sector of the team) have been unsure whether major titles can be won with an inexperienced coach.
There are also clear advocates for TT in the office - and although Kahn, Hainer and Hasan Salihamidžić have spoken out in favor of JN in the media, a change of coach is definitely not out of the question, but so far not the top choice. In the event of a defeat against Leverkusen, on the other hand, Kahn will pull the ripcord because he doesn't want to jeopardize the CL game against Viktoria Pilsen - that's how it was today. In the event of a tie, there will be intensive communication with the team again.
Should there actually be a change of coach, drastic decisions will be made within the squad next summer. It cannot be ruled out that an "untouchable" will have to leave the club. This was communicated to the team.

Kimmich, Gnabry, Sane and Roidretzka? 

Also interesting what's happening with Nagelsmann next. When he was leaving RB, I though he was a little too young, since he never won a title outside Munich. What is he going to do now? Easy titles in Munich? Not anymore. BVB? Set with Edin. Red Bull? Now Marco Rose is there.

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

8 hours ago, jerry said:

Brandt had now first real good runde for you. Cmon, was bad/average against Chelsea.

trump fake news GIF

Kicker grade of 2,0 in the first match vs Chelsea. 1,0 is very good, 6,0 is the worst. Sofascore rating of 6,9.

In the 2nd match he went out after 3 minutes with an injury.

Brandt also had a good round under Rose in 21/22. Of course not on the level he's playing on right now, but 9 goals and 8 assists is pretty, pretty good.

Back to Nagelsmann, it seems like Tuchel let them know that he's available and might sign elsewhere if Bayern doesn't pick him up right now! Tuchel also already lives in Munich.

200.gif

The Machiavelli of the Bundesliga. So Bayern paid 20-25 M Euro to Red Bull and gave Nagelsmann a 5 year deal for 8 M each. That's 60-65 M Euro in total volume just for him alone. So Bayern is writing off 40-45 M Euro. 

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

And the best part, they haven't officially terminated him, yet! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Earlier this season, Red Bull fired Tedesco and replaced him with former Dortmund coach Rose. His first match? Against the BVB.

Now Bayern fired Nagelsmann and replaced with former Dortmund coach Tuchel. His first match? Against the BVB.

I find the whole episode pretty crazy. Nagelsmann was fired while being on holiday, skiing in Austria. Not only did he hear about it on the news, he then also had to come back from his holiday trip to get fired.

Also Tuchel could be the final nail in the coffin for the Bayern dynasty now. He fought with almost anybody in Dortmund in the end and let's not forget his record on the transfer market:

He wanted Andre Schürrle due to their history together in Mainz. The BVB bought him for 30 M Euro in 2016, ending up as one of the biggest flops in BVB history. Oh yeah, in 2016 Tuchel also wanted us to buy Karim Bellarabi from Leverkusen for 38 M Euro.

James Franco Reaction GIF

image.png.b220aef419f2399f9a8546d851098ee7.png

This could be fun in Munich. Also let's not forget what Uli Honess said about Tuchel 5 years ago:

https://www-tz-de.translate.goog/sport/fc-bayern/uli-hoeness-uebergluecklich-mit-niko-kovac-schlaumeier-wollten-uns-tuchel-einreden-zr-9922163.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

image.png.64a6a0d157166581ae4a4fb93292ffca.png

image.png.3f301a0d45c144564d179d7bb345c23a.png

Angela Lansbury Popcorn GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

Nagelsmann was fired while being on holiday, skiing in Austria

According to this, skiin was also one of reasons he was sacked 😄

Can't say i am surprised thou when i see who are in charge. Whole team run by ex players under Hainer?

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

According to this, skiin was also one of reasons he was sacked 😄

Don't think so, how should that work?

Where's Julian? Skiing with his reporter girlfriend?

youre fired GIF

It seems more like Tuchel was very close with Tottenham and/or Real and told the Bayern bosses. Who then kicked out Nagelsmann on short notice. Which is absolutely insane for such a big club. With the leak even coming from the Tuchel side as well...

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Bounce

Can't say i am surprised thou when i see who are in charge. Whole team run by ex players under Hainer?

Club president is not that important at Bayern. Hainer seems pretty out of the loop. Why? This Monday he gave an interview where he gave his full support to Nagelsmann.

Season 4 What GIF by The Office

And on Wednesday they already contacted Tuchel...

Kahn and freaking Brazzo are calling the shots, likely with Uli Hoeness scheming from the outside and maybe Rummenigge as well. 

But this could be a nice 6 pointer next Saturday. Imagine the BVB marching into Munich and beating them at home and then the Bald Fraud eliminating them from the UCL. This is the chance to put the whole Bayern house on fire!

Nagelsmann now rumoured to go to Tottenham or Real; the Tuchel destinations.

I don't know. For Real he surely lacks experience and Tottenham could be a tough place to win. Since he probably doesn't need the money anymore I think it would be smart for him to take a break and maybe take a TV commentator job. Not for the money (Bayern pays him anyway) but to rebuild his public image a little. 

In the Bundesliga, all the good spots are gone and I don't really see him going to a team like Frankfurt or Gladbach.

Germany won today vs Peru, BVB shooting star Marius Wolf started as RB and assisted the 2:0. Kimmich is captain for now and well, well, well, do you recognize something?

germany-v-peru-international-friendly%286%29.jpeg?h=f118d8f0&itok=nVIfLn2d

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

Tottenham could be a tough place to win

Spurs must not be too appealing for any top manager (if we can count Nagelsmann as one) after Kane leaves and Son ain't what he used to be, Richarlison made out of glass etc and when it ain't expected that new manager has huge budget to spend. 

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

do you recognize something

No more 🌈 😭 ?

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 1:42 PM, Livertool said:

No more 🌈 😭 ?

Neuer and Roidretzka must be devastated! Still #NeverForget.

The BVB with some injury issues now: Schlotterbeck had to leave the National Team with an injury and he's questionable for Saturday. Adeyemi cannot practice without pain and he's highly questionable for the game.

Moukoko and Bynoe-Gittens are out.

Schlotti missing the game would give us

Ryerson-Hummels-Süle-Wolf

As our back line. 

Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

Hummels playing is bad for the static of our defense since he's so slow, but maybe a game against his arch nemesis Thomas Tuchel gets the best out of him for one last time. However whether or not you can then also play Guerreiro in central midfield, I have no clue. With Hummels potentially playing, Guerreiro also is no option as our left back.

I could definitely see a lineup of

Can

Reus-Özcan-Bellingham-Brandt

Haller

now. 

• Haha 1

Big community matches this saturday. Fight for buli title, smurfs could get their head above water first time in season, Shitty and Pool both need 3 points to stay in the game for positions they are fighting for... @Purps must include these matches to competition?

Yes, of course: City - Pool and Bayern - Dortmund will be the "main events" of the Saturday list 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

Roidretzka left the match vs Belgium due to injury.

amused jaw drop GIF

However I'm not happy with Wolf and Can playing 2 meaningless friendlies.

Speaking of the National Team, new sporting director Rudi Völler gave an interview to far-left newspaper "Frankfurter Rundschau". Seems like good old Rudi wants to move to the right a little and the journos are not amused:

https://www-fr-de.translate.goog/sport/fussball/rudi-voeller-dfb-sportdirektor-interview-gendern-em-2024-92173780.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

image.png.8d02278b3631bbd35e9425723be4bb9d.png

Again, we're talking about sports here:

image.png.44bf4d72fe4e4bc7fccc38bb1d8cb178.png

image.png.1226effc3c31aaf4c8c501f351801ef4.png

image.png.cb24fe4d498b8703d541bea7ed9744ab.png

The "journalist" is getting on my nerves, but it gets better:

image.png.f77aa634a16d8cf96617b074932611af.png

Although it is funny seeing the far leftist seethe now that the madness surrounding the German National Team is severely toned down, let's not forget that this is just a strategy by the German FA to also deflect from their own mistakes. The team disappointed in 3 tournaments in a row, but definitely not only due to some political statements or marketing campaigns.

• Haha 1

We should put predictions here how this will end for Bayern. Will they win everything now or end the season emptyhanded? Kinda depends if Kong Haaland will be healthy for CL games cause i think if he is the tie will go for City, i give with him 65-35 without him its a coin flip. League with Dortmund injuries is 60-65% for Bayern, with Tuchel they will probably win most of the games and will not be leaking points as with Julien. If Dortmund win at the weekend  it will be 50/50.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

I still believe that the game in Dortmund in April 2001 was the best game in this rivalry. Unfortunately, I couldn't see it at that time. 12 yellow cards, 7 for unsportsmanlike conduct! :classic_blink:

7 hours ago, jerry said:

We should put predictions here how this will end for Bayern. Will they win everything now or end the season emptyhanded? Kinda depends if Kong Haaland will be healthy for CL games cause i think if he is the tie will go for City, i give with him 65-35 without him its a coin flip. League with Dortmund injuries is 60-65% for Bayern, with Tuchel they will probably win most of the games and will not be leaking points as with Julien. If Dortmund win at the weekend  it will be 50/50.

I think this is a tough question to answer. Bayern's potential road to the UCL final goes through Shitty and Real. If they get far in the UCL, they have 2-5 extra games to play in comparison to the BVB. If we look at the Bundesliga, of course the match on Saturday is of utmost importance. However even if the BVB wins, this race is far from over. If the BVB loses, they're just 1,5 points behind with Bayern having to play the UCL playoffs.

Edited by WuDu

Schlotti, Adeyemi and even JBG and Moukoko are travelling with the team. Brandt and Kobel are moving back in. As far as I can see it, the only players we're missing are Reyna and Meunier. So no negative effect here.

Hopefully for my fantasy team, Guerreiro is playing as our #10 like he did in the last match vs Köln.

Musiala is healthy enough to play for Bayern, well, well, well, of course...

Emre Can, I'm demanding answers!

Bild

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1

Well, Buli-bros this is it, the biggest matchday of the season (so far) is here!

Excited Borussia Dortmund GIF by Bundesliga

We could be looking at one hell of a match today. The BVB is storming the Allianz Arena with 9 wins and 1 draw over the past 10 Bundesliga games. We scored 30 goals. Bayern is so scared of us that they fired coach Nagelsmann with round about 40 M Euros still on the books.

Unfortunately, Thomas Tuchel is now the new Bayern head coach, so it'll be another test for Edin Terzic, who never lost to Nagelsmann before. 

Celebration Yes GIF by Borussia Dortmund

In the past Bayern was ready for these games, but we'll see. Two years ago under Terzic, the BVB lead 2-0 in Munich after 10 minutes.

image.png.a811951b83bf2fee80e1fa517bfd02ea.png

Bochum with a 1-1 in Frankfurt yesterday, meaning it will not get easier for Smurf 04. Today they have to play Leverkusen. Frankfurt is a weird case! I think they're totally running out of steam now. Last summer, they won the Euroleague, then managed to reach the UCL playoffs and after MD 16, they even were in 2nd place. Since then it seems like the whole team is imploding:

Kamada, gone after year. Same for N'Dicka. Kolo Muani will be tough to keep. Lindström is injured. Coach Glasner might be looking at other options. Maybe Leverkusen under Xabi Alonso can still catch them.

As I said, this will be a big matchday! The Smurfs might take one step further towards the 2. Bundesliga.

borussia dortmund hello GIF by Bundesliga

Then we'll see what happens in the Topspiel. If the BVB beats Bayern, then holy moly...

I Was Wrong Oops GIF

• Like 2

No more Hradecky gifs and jokes, eh @WuDu?

Such a solid start by BvB... and then that happened 😟

Plenty to go still...👍

Aaaaaand 5 minutes later it's all over. Send the trophy to München again.

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Muller whole season is abysmal and today this...Last man i though could score a goal. Actually last before last and that was Kobel :classic_biggrin:

Champions League Football GIF by FC Bayern Munich

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Purps said:

No more Hradecky gifs and jokes, eh @WuDu?

Such a solid start by BvB... and then that happened 😟

Yes, that sums it all up. Still no excuse for the BVB to fold after the 1-0.

Bellingham, Reus and Haller nowhere to be seen. Guerreiro being a fair weather player. Schlotti injured. Can already booked.

The season is not over yet, so finish the game and then it's on to Red Bull on Tuesday.

• Like 1

oh no facepalm GIF by Bundesliga

I didn't even pay full attention during the 2nd half anymore, that game was a total disgrace. Up until the Kobel mistake we were right there, so you cannot fault Edin for the performance. However how the team folded once Bayern scored is inacceptable.

Wolf had a rough day vs Coman and Ryerson played poorly as well on the other side (losing the ball ahead of the 3-0, getting subbed at halftime). Unfortunately, we're too thin at RB/LB right now with only Wolf and Ryerson being realistic options. Especially with Hummels now playing for Schlotti, I'd assume that we won't see Guerreiro at LB anymore this season.

Speaking of which, Hummels now has the chance to show that he still has something left in the tank. Up until the world cup nomination, he was one of our best players in the fall of 2022, but since then he fell off a cliff. Probably stayed away from banging Instagram whores dating ambitious young ladies during the summer to focus on football and it showed. 

Emre Can was the only starter showing up today. Freaking Emre Can, slowly but surely climbed up the ladder in 2023 and is now one of the top players of the club and even in the National Team.

Happy Borussia Dortmund GIF by Bundesliga

Bellingham got us the penalty in garbage time and even Guerreiro assisted again, but both of them didn't get much going. Bellingham is in a hole for quite some time now and Guerreiro is the definition of a fair weather player. Brandt was subbed out at half time, maybe he was feeling a little rusty. Reus and Haller absolutely invisible today. Similar to Moukoko.

Shock Wow GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

Malen with another goal in garbage time and I think he deserves to start vs Red Bull.

The BVB now plays Red Bull in the cup on Tuesday and Union next Saturday and after such a game, I'm expecting some changes! Malen should move in, maybe even Dahoud. I'd also give Haller a rest and make him share playing time with Moukoko. Adeyemi should be brought on as a sub and Hummels will take the place of Schlotti.

2,5 points behind Bayern now, however Bayern has the tougher remaining schedule and they still have to play in the UCL. Their matches over the next 3 weeks:

Freiburg (H) in the cup; Freiburg (A), Shitty (A), Hoffenheim (H), Shitty (H), Mainz (A).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Schlotterbeck out for "4 weeks", which might as well be season ending. That means Hummels/Süle will be the central defenders for maybe the rest of the season.

Scared Baby GIF

Let's hope the possibility of winning the German Championship with the BVB as a starter will keep Hummels away from the Insta-whores 100 % focused. With Can needed as our lone defensive midfielder, CB #3 now is probably Coulibaly whom we stole from PSG and who already played 24 times for BVB 2 in the 3. Liga. 

With Hummels playing as our LCB, I simply don't see Rapha Guerreiro playing as our LB anymore.

son yard GIF

Ryerson didn't play well at LB, but there's simply no one else left. Maybe 18 year old Tom Rothe. Sky is reporting that we signed Bensebaini for next season for that exact reason.

Borussia Moenchengladbach Love GIF by Bundesliga

Animated GIF

The BVB is playing on Wednesday vs Red Bull in the cup, so we'll see whether my projected lineup with Malen and Moukoko coming in will be correct, again!

image.png.ad846639cae94e5b98f30345870c4f77.png

Stuttgart fired Labbadia and now Hoeness takes over who was fired by Hoffenheim for finishing 9th and 11th. Next Sunday, the Smurfs travel to Hoffenheim. If they lose that game, our hopes and wishes might come true early and @Stubbe-Unibet can get ready for the player hunt 2023! 

• Like 1

Its interesting about Hoeness and Nagelsmann. One is dubbed next big thing second no one heard of and is relegated to be feuerwehrmann :classic_biggrin: If he gets relegated with terrible Stuttgart his stocks will go even lower. They have similar accomplishments down to the help for the first jobs [daddy Hoeness and with Julien who the f.knows]. Hoffe was not hot but also not cold during his tenure exactly like with Julien. Dont know if Hoeness using drones though. 

Feel a bit sad about Bruno i think he is much better coach than is credited for and most of his jobs were very hard terrain. I think he would be good candidate for some of top teams from Ekstraklasa.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, jerry said:

Feel a bit sad about Bruno i think he is much better coach than is credited for and most of his jobs were very hard terrain. I think he would be good candidate for some of top teams from Ekstraklasa.

@jerry: "Labbadia is a good coach, considering the jobs he takes over in the Bundesliga."

Also @jerry: " Ekstraklasa would suit his abbilities very well."

Confused James Franco GIF 

That's like saying "Brocky isn't as bad a player you all make him out to be. I think he could have some success playing freerolls." :classic_biggrin:

41 minutes ago, jerry said:

Its interesting about Hoeness and Nagelsmann. One is dubbed next big thing second no one heard of and is relegated to be feuerwehrmann :classic_biggrin: If he gets relegated with terrible Stuttgart his stocks will go even lower. They have similar accomplishments down to the help for the first jobs [daddy Hoeness and with Julien who the f.knows]. Hoffe was not hot but also not cold during his tenure exactly like with Julien. Dont know if Hoeness using drones though. 

Nagelsmann led Hoffenheim into the UCL. However Hoeness finished 9th and 11th with them, which is totally OK. He also won the 3. Liga a year prior with Bayern 2. Sure, Hoffenheim's performance fluctuated a lot:

In 20/21 they won 4-1 against Bayern and later lost 0-4 against the Smurfs when they were going for the Bundesliga record of most winless games in a row.

However similar to Chelsea and Tuchel, the results show that Hoeness wasn't the problem here.

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

@jerry: "Labbadia is a good coach, considering the jobs he takes over in the Bundesliga."

Also @jerry: " Ekstraklasa would suit his abbilities very well."

Confused James Franco GIF 

That's like saying "Brocky isn't as bad a player you all make him out to be. I think he could have some success playing freerolls." :classic_biggrin:

Ekstraklasa still have a team in fookin conferenz league :classic_tongue: Didnt see there anyone from refugee heaven :classic_ninja: 

You're mean to mighty Ekstraklasa where we are one of the last markets that you can afford [not including child trafficking] even if now you mostly lose those guys to little less broke Italy. Who the F. is Brocky :classic_blush: 

I would hire Bruno in my hometowns, Slask Wroclaw. Maybe judging from from history i would not give him 5year contract, but like 1,5 with option or something. We have one coach from Germany who is very successfull now. With group of pretty bad players in Legia [due to idiot owner] he made well organized side thats still in title race [last year they were fighting relegation]. Was linked to Schalke but either he refused or Schalke didnt wanna risk it and went safe with buli proven Kramer.

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Nagelsmann led Hoffenheim into the UCL. However Hoeness finished 9th and 11th with them, which is totally OK. He also won the 3. Liga a year prior with Bayern 2. Sure, Hoffenheim's performance fluctuated a lot:

In 20/21 they won 4-1 against Bayern and later lost 0-4 against the Smurfs when they were going for the Bundesliga record of most winless games in a row.

However similar to Chelsea and Tuchel, the results show that Hoeness wasn't the problem here

Forgot somehow about this. 3rd and 4th than 9th so Hoeness did similar to that last season. Lets recapitulate: no show in CL with Hoffe in both seasons, deepish run with Leipzig in covid CL, not challenging Bayern in league with Leipzig, being lukeworm in Bayern [again they done him dirty, he should be left till the end of season] This doesnt scream second coming. Bottling at Chelsea and he will be where Villas Boas is [his stocks went to zero after bottling at Tottenham - after that he was linked to most top clubs but only Marseille got desperate for this buffoon] minus job prospects in Russia. Now that i think of it IMO its written in the stars he will be the next Dortmund coach if he bottle at Chelsea.

Edited by jerry