Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

spacer.png

Another buli profi in polish Ekstraklasa. Christian Clemens age 30 joins Lechia Gdansk for 1,5years. I remember him from Fc Koeln and he was there very promising, to be honest one of the best wingers in the whole league. Then he made mistake and went to Schalke and there it was big 💩. Was allright in one season in Mainz, then returned to Koeln but wasnt as good as the first time. After spending only 6 months in Darmstadt he was last 6 months without a club which rather worrying.

Still only 30, 1,5 years is not a big gamble, on paper he could be usefull.

• Confused 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Breslau and Danzig, interesting cities to play in from a historical perspective...🇩🇪😉

I was already looking forward to a nice Bundesliga matchday and then I remembered that we're playing tomorrow! 🤮 Only crap games at 15:30 today...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 2/3/2022 at 10:24 PM, WuDu said:

However the game against Leverkusen should be fun! The BVB will be without Hummels and Haaland. So hopefully Malen will step up! And maybe Moukoko gets minutes as well. Leverkusen will come with Schick, Diaby and Wirtz. Should be a lot of goals.

1-3 at the half, a pretty good game to watch, of course the BVB is disastrous...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

5-2 loss today, totally deserved! The only goal this season can be to limp into the UCL and then to rebuild the team without Haaland. I don't have much hope for the Euroleague, sure Rangers should be beatable, however the BVB then typically loses to some kind of mid-level team like Sevilla or Bergamo. 

Always the same issues with the team and Rose had 2 weeks of practice and a pretty healthy squad this time. This is not good. Also Rose's lineup decisions and subs are highly suspect to me. Today, the front three of Reus-Malen-Hazard showed absolutely nothing. Leverkusen scored the 4-1 in the 53rd minute. Yet Moukoko is only allowed to play for 10 minutes?

Offensively, the team is offering close to nothing. It's either Haaland-ball or Hero-ball. Defensively, we're on pace for 58 goals against us this season. 1,7 per game! 🤪

Like I mentioned before, I'd give Rose another summer preparation, but his performance so far hasn't been good.

@Stubbe-Unibet

Smurfs, St Pauli and Bremen in the top-6? 🤮 I can't decide whom to root against! Best case scenario would be the smurfs reaching relegation and then lose to a team like Wolfsburg, Hertha or Gladbach. 

Also funny is Werder Bremen's story this season:

After 15 matchdays, they had a record of 5-5-5 with -1 goals and were in 10th place. Then their coach Anfang, whom they bought out of his former contract at the start of the season, gets busted for a fake vaccine card and has to leave the club. Their new coach, the long-time Kiel coach, has now won the first 6 games in a row in the 2. Bundesliga and Bremen is back in the race with a GD of +12. 

Happy Joy GIF by ABC Network

@jerry I'm demanding answers from you!

https://www.bvb.de/News/Uebersicht/BVB-verpflichtet-Niklas-Suele-zur-Saison-2022-23

image.thumb.png.5349a693b897955dbf9c78956c611431.png

No Newcastle, Chelsea or Man United! We stole him from Bayern for free! 

giphy.gif

On a serious note, I don't know what to make of this transfer. Sure, Witsel out, Süle in is a massive net plus for us. Süle earns maybe 2 M more per year and gets a signing fee, but that can be saved elsewhere considering Reus' and Hummels' deals expire in the summer of 2023.

If Süle stays healthy, he's also signed for the prime of his career at just 26 years of age. But almost all the other transfer we made, that bite us in the butt right now, also somehow made sense at the time.

However Süle is not only huge but fast as well, that's what we definitely need. The question now is what the bosses are planning next. Hummels stays here at least for another year. Zagadou expires this summer. Akanji in 2023. Are they extending Akanji/Zagadou now or let them leave? Are we switching to 3 guys in the back or are we staying in a 4-3-3? What about Schlotterbeck?

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1

@WuDu 

That was surprise for probably everyone. Remember reddit discussion from BVB fans, just days before, that there is zero chance he will come 😂. All the reports said he want premier league etc. I mean yeah on paper its good transfer but like always i have some points against 🤪

Team like Dortmund for 10mln a year need someone more reliable IMO. He is quite injury prone, for the last 2 years he had problems with 20 matches, and with season 19/20 it was 8 matches. I think its main reason Bayern blew him off. With his height he is surprisingly terrible in the air, but ofcourse quite good in the rest but its exactly the air provess what Dortmund need in the backline. For Hummels he is good  replacement but if they will play zusammen this will not go well. Again its my opinion. I think that 10mln contract you could invest much better but if he will play 25-30 matches a season it could pay off. Sadly this probably mean you are off in the race for Schlotterbeck and he would fit much better than Sule.

We will see, if really Akanji is gone than i dont know if youre stronger cause even if Sule is better all around than Akanji at least Akanji had better injury record. Sule-Akanji-Schlotterbeck that would be great backline to fight Bayern.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

5 hours ago, jerry said:

@WuDu 

That was surprise for probably everyone. Remember reddit discussion from BVB fans, just days before, that there is zero chance he will come 😂. All the reports said he want premier league etc. I mean yeah on paper its good transfer but like always i have some points against 🤪

Team like Dortmund for 10mln a year need someone more reliable IMO. He is quite injury prone, for the last 2 years he had problems with 20 matches, and with season 19/20 it was 8 matches. I think its main reason Bayern blew him off. With his height he is surprisingly terrible in the air, but ofcourse quite good in the rest but its exactly the air provess what Dortmund need in the backline. For Hummels he is good  replacement but if they will play zusammen this will not go well. Again its my opinion. I think that 10mln contract you could invest much better but if he will play 25-30 matches a season it could pay off. Sadly this probably mean you are off in the race for Schlotterbeck and he would fit much better than Sule.

We will see, if really Akanji is gone than i dont know if youre stronger cause even if Sule is better all around than Akanji at least Akanji had better injury record. Sule-Akanji-Schlotterbeck that would be great backline to fight Bayern.

@jerry

Is he really injury prone? Sure, 2 ACLs, that's correct, but apart from that?

https://www.transfermarkt.de/niklas-sule/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/166601/wettbewerb/L1

Close to nothing. Again, the 2 ACLs are concerning, but guys like Guerreiro, Can or Haaland had more of these little, nagging injuries than Süle. 

You mean, the pick-up of Süle means that we're finally getting rid of Akanji? After 4,5 years?

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent

Happy Fresh Prince GIF by Nick At Nite

Winning The Office GIF

That alone would be worth every cent of Süle's salary! Besides, with Witsel leaving, we're freeing up salary space as well.

Now, the BVB offered Akanji either 7 or 9,5 M Euro per year and he declined! A report from today mentioned him looking for 12 M per year 🤣. You have to be kidding me! He played well over the last year, but let's not forget, that he was a double agent working against us for most of 2019 and 2020. #NeverForget

He's part of a defense that concedes 1,7 goals per game and our swiss cheese defense is not all on Akanji, of course, however he's been a central part of it for 4 years now!

I read that Man United are interested in bringing him in for 30 M. 💰

So we wouldn't be out of a potential Schlotterbeck race. Unless Bayern throws the 10 M they offered Süle at him now.

We'll see, currently our interior defender situation looks like this:

Süle (2026)

Hummels (2023)

Akanji (extension of transfer)

Zagadou (extension or leaves for nothing)

Coulibaly (18 year old, getting playing time with BVB 2 and in the Youth League).

Potential target: Schlotterbeck.

The question is whether we're playing with 2 or 3 interior defenders next year! If we're switching to 3 at the back, we need 2 out of Zagadou/Akanji/Schlotterbeck to play for us next year. If we stay in a 4-3-3, paying top Euros for Akanji would be a waste of money.

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1

Akanji is 7 at the most. To me he is solid Roma/Leicester/Sevilla/Marseille level. Think Smaldini 😆 Manchester would make another bad signing if that true, though he can have new/better opening somewhere else, cause i feel he is better than his Dortmund performances [for whatever reason he looks better in national team]. But yeah he is not the level ManU hope for, maybe he will displace fridge head but he will not be much better.

Two ACLs means third is on the way, hopefully not at the Dortmund 😆 Bayern probably checked him carefully and decided to let him go, throwing cuckoo egg to some english sucker. 

I like Sule but to me he is not elite, he need second better defender to shine the most. With Hummels it will be very hard. I would like to see Hummels next season only as a sub, he just isnt there anymore. Whenever i see Dortmund he is terrible [didnt see Leverkusen match but im guessing he had his part there 😂] and he was one of the main reasons that Euro was a failure.

Im curious who will Bayern get. I hope for another abysmal signing like Upemacano so the league would be more interesting. If they capture Schlotterbeck its game over. Weird that english clubs are not all over him. Or fookin Barca....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Bayern probably checked him carefully and decided to let him go, throwing cuckoo egg to some english sucker. 

I like Sule but to me he is not elite, he need second better defender to shine the most. With Hummels it will be very hard. I would like to see Hummels next season only as a sub, he just isnt there anymore. Whenever i see Dortmund he is terrible [didnt see Leverkusen match but im guessing he had his part there 😂] and he was one of the main reasons that Euro was a failure.

Im curious who will Bayern get. I hope for another abysmal signing like Upemacano so the league would be more interesting. If they capture Schlotterbeck its game over. Weird that english clubs are not all over him. Or fookin Barca....

Maybe it's finally time for you to change your profile picture to @jerry Springer! A lot of populism in your post...😄

image.thumb.png.b99f8c92e1b4bfd4bc3f92d91b819b65.png

Hummels was sick, thus only sitting on the bench for 90 minutes. In addition to that, the main reason for the failure at the Euro was this clown here:

Hummels has his issues, but he also had a lot of great games for us. He had a phase last fall with the games against Ajax and Bayern where he played poorly, but I wouldn't count him out, yet. He's also buddy-buddy with Süle since the two years they played together for Bayern.

Having said that, I doubt that Hummels is riding the bench for Dortmund. I think another big decision will be what we're doing on our left defensive side. Guerreiro is probably our best football player if you just consider his skills at the ball, but he's no defender and caused so many goals. Here you can see the BVB before the 2-0 for St Pauli in the cup:

bvbdefense.thumb.PNG.d2f7aaceaaf6a2a8925e1dcd3828fc3e.PNG

The 4 man defensive line you're seeing here is (from bottom to top): Meunier-Witsel-Akani-Hummels. Guerreiro is one of the 4 "offensive" players on the left wing. 

Guerreiro's deal is running until 2023, so the decision would be to not only sell him or extend him, but rather where he's going to play in the future of he stays. 

Bayern is looking at the Chelsea guys Rüdiger and Christensen...

• Like 1

Rudiger too expensive for Bayern. He is riding on that one truly great last season [he was also good season before] and in this one or those before, he was pretty average if you ask me. Didnt have good Euro too. Probably will end up in Barca on IOU contract 😂 

Christensen could be good cause i dont see he is any special. Solid but really nothing to fight for. Awkward on the ball and rather slow. Feel like perfect signing could be Botman from Lille. He could channel those Van Buyten days 😉

Guerreiro could be Cancelo case. In Juventus he showed some class forward but was huge liability in defence. In Pep system he is thriving and look world class. Feel like Guerreiro could be the same in City. He is amazing going forward just very poor/lazy at the back. Could be better winger/forward maybe? But isnt too late, he is like 27/28 already?

5 hours ago, jerry said:

Guerreiro could be Cancelo case. In Juventus he showed some class forward but was huge liability in defence. In Pep system he is thriving and look world class. Feel like Guerreiro could be the same in City. He is amazing going forward just very poor/lazy at the back. Could be better winger/forward maybe? But isnt too late, he is like 27/28 already?

Ekstraklasa powerhouse Cracovia signed Smurf legend Konoplyanka! 

Bild

@jerry, I'm demanding answers!

Speaking of Guerreiro:

He turned 28 late last year and today he gave an interview where he mentioned that he would like to extend his deal with the BVB and is not really interested in leaving because (a) he likes the club and (b) at a new club he would have to prove himself again

Scared Looney Tunes GIF by Cartoon Network Asia

In 18/19 he played a lot of games as our left winger in Favre's 4-2-3-1, but he's not fast and explosive enough. If we extend him, I can only see him as our left midfielder in a 4-4-2 diamond or on the left side in a 3-4-3. But not as a left back anymore.

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1

Konoplyanka is running from the incoming war 😅 Only 6months contract with option for another year. Dont know for how much, some saying for less than in Donietsk. He look like he is totally shot though, didnt play a game for Shakhtar since summer. Feel like even with his form from Schalke days, which wasnt anything special, he wouldnt be a big impact in Ekstraklasa. More like PR move than any other just like with Podolski. Will be surprised if he will bother to play ball at all.

Clemens debuted today and got card minute after sub in. Jastrzembski after two games one loss and todays draw at the snow. He look actually allright, good pace decent, retention of the ball. I will scout him live next week 🤪 Not chance for Konoplyanka though, we played already twice with Cracovia 🤧

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jerry said:

I will scout him live next week

How much for a tikiet in the Ekstraklasa?

https://bilety.slaskwroclaw.pl/Stadium?eventId=531

25pln-45pln i go mostly 35-45 which is 7,5-10 euro. Cheapest 25 [5,5euro] is behind the goal and i actually like watching games from there, its only when the action is on other half you need fookin binoculars 🤪. Sometimes im in vip area [v1,v2,v3] when my friend is around which is premium premier league price 65e [company he works for bought season vip area]. In theory i could be there every week since its empty when his not there but i knew sportdirektor from playing days and just dont wanna deal with him 😉 . He was always sneak, sycophant, crawler, slime, bootlicker, you get my drift 😂. Him and our coach both are frauds and thats why Jastrzembski looks decent cause he didnt prepare with us😅 Once he do he will look like Zylla. Marcel played yesterday and looked like he have anemia.

Oh and they dont check if youre jabbed or not 😆 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jerry said:

Christensen could be good cause i dont see he is any special. Solid but really nothing to fight for. Awkward on the ball and rather slow. Feel like perfect signing could be Botman from Lille. He could channel those Van Buyten days 😉

One of Christensen's biggest strength is his abilities with the ball imo. For the national team he's key in the buildup from the back.

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

He was somehow very good with Tuchel last year and wasnt anything like it before and even this season he is one level worse. For me he look good with in a back 3 with loads of protection but anything else and he’s not great. He is not the class of a player for what he demands money for and someone will be rather sorry to get him [he’s got experience assisting Barcelona goals 🤪]. I was saying he look awkward in a sense that you feel that he always can lose easily the ball [can we say he look like right footed Matic? 😅]. On other way Rudiger looks even more awkward with his funny coordination and it somehow works 😉

5 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Beautiful game this Bochum - Bayern, isnt it? 😆

Seriously Bochum is playing ducking nice football rn, Coman nutmegged, Sule is still looking for the ball, and the complete Bayern defense is non-existent. 

I told you, Bayern is not perfect this season. The game tomorrow smells like a 1-1 or 1-2, 1-3 against us. Wolf, Meunier and Haaland are already out. So we're probably playing in a 3-4-3 with Guerreiro and Hazard being the wingbacks.

6 hours ago, jerry said:

He was somehow very good with Tuchel last year and wasnt anything like it before and even this season he is one level worse. For me he look good with in a back 3 with loads of protection but anything else and he’s not great. He is not the class of a player for what he demands money for.

The BVB was said to be interested in him as well, but obviously, he's looking for more than what we were willing to pay him. Probably 8-10 M as well. Lucas Hernandez received 15 M from Bayern, I think that's the price tag here...

9 hours ago, jerry said:

I knew sportdirektor from playing days and just dont wanna deal with him 😉 . He was always sneak, sycophant, crawler, slime, bootlicker, you get my drift 😂. Him and our coach both are frauds

Oh Lord...🤣

14 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Oh Lord...🤣

Just one look at those intelligent faces 😂 that represent my team.

Our coach Magiera bought to Legia in packet with defender they wanted the most [little tidbit that defender once hide into his pocket Gianfranco Zola, good times 😂]. Something like Wim Jong added to Dennis Bergkamp in Inter. No one know how, but somehow they always extended him even if he played 10 games a season and majority as a sub. He was so average that its painfull. Then his first managerial job, almost as soon as he ended his career is Poland under 18team as assistant. Would  you like your first job be like that? I wouldnt mind. We have many careers like that. Anyway then assistant in Legia then first coach in Legia friendly team Sosnowiec. Then after just another turmoil in Legia he get first team there. Remember 8:4 in Champions League? He was the coach...

He was riding some time at excellent fitness that team had thanks to previous manager/physio but once he made the first preparation team look like s h i t, tactically and physically just like my team now 😂. Thanks to referees they somehow won the championship and he was fired after losing to mighty Astana and Sheriff Tiraspol in CL eliminations. Then he gets reward for this and Poland under 20 team [the star of the team was surprise surprise Marcel Zylla] with Weltmeisterschaft in Poland. In group he lost 2:0 to Colombia, 0:0 with Senegal and win with mighty Tahiti and barely get into playoff. Then Italy and even if its only 1:0 we didnt have one goalscoring occasion. Then another reward Poland u19 and finally my hometeam. My team that many supporters argue is playing the worst football in whole league.

Almost exactomundo with sportdirektor. He was never stammspieler in Slask but they somehow always extend him. Tried coaching with reserve team [almost got the team relegated] then it was opening as a sportdirektor and here we are. 

Tell me how you get always new contract if you are useless on the pitch and then you made the way into the club structure? Its must be bootlicking 😆 Its not like he is very likeable, trust me 😁

Przechwytywanies.PNG

Przechwytywaniess.PNG

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, jerry said:

He was somehow very good with Tuchel last year and wasnt anything like it before and even this season he is one level worse. For me he look good with in a back 3 with loads of protection but anything else and he’s not great. He is not the class of a player for what he demands money for and someone will be rather sorry to get him [he’s got experience assisting Barcelona goals 🤪]. I was saying he look awkward in a sense that you feel that he always can lose easily the ball [can we say he look like right footed Matic? 😅]. On other way Rudiger looks even more awkward with his funny coordination and it somehow works 😉

I disagree with most of this 😉 he was absolutely amazing at Gladbach and by far their best player in the first season. I will admit i haven't watched him in many Chelsea games, so my opinion of him is mostly based on the Gladbach days and 50 or so games for the national team. 

I think it'd be a great signing for Bayern and hope it doesn't happen 😆

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

I love to hear these "inside" stories, but to be fair to Coach Drebin, the Legia team in 16/17 brought the LOLzzzz all around. Yes, 8-4 is an insane result, however in Warsaw we won 6-0 as well! 😆

@jerry, time to stand up in this time of need and take matters into your own hands! When are you going to provide non-verbal motivation to the club bosses and hunt some sense into them? Schalke style!

I watched the highlights of Bochum-Bayern, Holtmann had one heck of a game, similar to when he and Antwi-Adjei played for Paderborn and led 3-0 at halftime in Dortmund! Upamecano on the other hand...🥳

The BVB today without Hazard as well, this will get interesting...

Salzburg-Bayern was really entertaining. Next to Adeyemi a guy like Camara could be really useful for us...

https://www.capital.de/wirtschaft-politik/windhorst-kritisiert-hertha-clubfuehrung-31630882.html

@psrquack, I'm demanding answers!

The Hertha Berlin investor gave an interview today, declaring his 375 M Euro investment a mistake! "I gambled on Hertha being run by rational and forward thinking people who are interested in sustainable success....Over the past months I realized that some people only care about staying in power and nepotism."

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I mean, anybody following the Bundesliga and knowing Berlin could have told him that. So congrats, you spent 375 M of other people's money to reduce Hertha's debt and to stuff their corona holes in the budget. 👍 Now you're fighting relegation with Tayfun Korkut. Money well spent! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For one my opinion is that Hertha made at least ok transfers. Little investements for 3mln [Eggelenkamp, Christensen, at least Dutchman is making steady progress, and Christensen is blocked by Schwolow]. Dont have opinion on Serdar 8mln is a bit too high maybe, he is a bit limited to me, but solid nevertheless. Richter for 7 Maoulida for 4 both can still have good careers. You could say Richter is a bust but he is not a forward who scores a lot of goals, he needs someone like that near him. Belfodil only for 500k. Cordoba for 15 was a bust but they made profit of 5mln on him. Schwolow for 7, solid mid tier German goalkeeper, Zeefuik for 4 still promising defender. That 19/20 opening was big year with three big busts. Piatek is at the moment on fire in Italy so maybe they will get some of 30mln back [if not from Fiorentina then from some other italian team]. Profit on Cunha who is maybe too lazy to be really elite but the talent is certainly there [still cant believe RB sold him for measly 3mln profit, i guess they didnt wanna deal with his antics]. Overpaid [21mln] on Lukebakio who is lost at the moment but that was reasonable bet, he looked great in Fortuna [a bit too high price though but that was premier league premium 😆]. Troussart big bust but they will recover at least 50% from that 25mln from French market. What i mean i dont see anything crazy in those transfers. Sure many didnt pan out,  the results are bad but mostly cause team have no coach and there are some big holes in the squad [no 12-20goals striker, relying on average Boyata, wtf with Boateng] above anything else.

He should continue this politik and after one, two transfer seasons he would assemble squad that would compete for eurocups. Still, they can be easily relegated this season with Korkut 😂 

Bayern got me yesterday, had nice combo Psg, City win +3,5 and Bayern win +2,5. Put some on draw to recover but still it s u c k s. Wonder if there is a chance Salzburg will score at Munchen and eliminate them. They dont look so invincible this season...

• Like 1