Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Guys this is not the official "Armchair Virologists of Unibet" thread 😅

You might want to have a look at the number of cases and deaths (death rate) in top 50 countries, by highest vaccination rate  - plot it in a graph since Jan 2020 together with the vaccination rate. Split it in different age brackets if you want a proper overview.

The cases alone and vaccination rate literally are useless figures. The vaccine obviously doesn't prevent infection and when you have significantly less restrictions in place, you will see record number of cases. The time of last vaccine dose is also critical, considering the rapid decline in "protection" over time.

13 hours ago, WuDu said:

And let's not forget: Lead Smurf Terodde is out until further notice with a muscle injury. RIP @Stubbe-Unibet!

Good thing Bülter is peaking now. I'm more worried about Ouwejan to be honest, as he's impossible to replace at the moment. St Pauli, Nürnberg and HSV in the last 3 games before the break. 6 points and I'm very optimistic about promotion, but afraid we might not manage two wins 😕 

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions. 

2 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

The vaccine obviously doesn't prevent infection

Nor prevent infected to spread it around. That is the point. Vaccine is crap, pretty much helps only fat or otherwise sick people but people got wrong sense of security with taking the shot and politicians manifesting that it is time to live again.

But lets blame unvaccinated people whether they ever have been infected or not, it doesn't matter. That is just insane.

Lets also take their wage away even they could have got infection being vaccinated.

https://talksport.com/football/987517/joshua-kimmich-serge-gnabry-fined-bayern-munich-covid-19/

Edited by Livertool
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Nor prevent infected to spread it around. That is the point. Vaccine is crap, pretty much helps only fat or otherwise sick people but people got wrong sense of security with taking the shot and politicians manifesting that it is time to live again.

But lets blame unvaccinated people whether they ever have been infected or not, it doesn't matter. That is just insane.

Lets also take their wage away even they could have got infection being vaccinated.

https://talksport.com/football/987517/joshua-kimmich-serge-gnabry-fined-bayern-munich-covid-19/

Of course not. It wasn't sold as a miracle cure that'd completely prevent infection. However, it does significantly reduce transmission - this is not up for discussion, unless you don't believe in the studies, experts and science in general - and to me it's plain ignorance and silly to say the vaccine doesn't work or it's crap.
So, you've got a vaccine which limits transmission and makes it significantly less likely to experience severe symptoms. Unless you truly only care about yourself - "I'm a healthy individual with little to no risk of getting serious symptoms" - or has been infected somewhat recently I don't see how one can be against getting getting the vaccine.

The restrictions and whatever blame might be passed around, that is a completely different discussion 🙂

9 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Unless you truly only care about yourself - "I'm a healthy individual with little to no risk of getting serious symptoms" - or has been infected somewhat recently I don't see how one can be against getting getting the vaccine.

Thats not that simple. One of my far relative died, and an other one had to be hospitalised because of the side effects of the vaccines (she got lucky tho). These vaccines are not properly tested, especially not for long term. Taking the shot has the risk as well, and really, we dont know any long term effects, nothing, zero, nada. Its plain silly to call the unvaccinated people selfish. 

Nb i am vaccinated, because of travelling purposes only.

56 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

Thats not that simple. One of my far relative died, and an other one had to be hospitalised because of the side effects of the vaccines (she got lucky tho). These vaccines are not properly tested, especially not for long term. Taking the shot has the risk as well, and really, we dont know any long term effects, nothing, zero, nada. Its plain silly to call the unvaccinated people selfish. 

Nb i am vaccinated, because of travelling purposes only.

Of course it is more complex. You can also suffer from a condition which makes the vaccine risky. Or if you stayed locked in at home without contact with anyone in public, I couldn't care less either. I was generalizing above as the vast majority of unvaccinated people don't have these health complications, stay at home etc.

And of course it's not completely without risk. But the risks are much less significant than from covid itself. Sorry to hear about your relatives, but those aren't ordinary cases of course (not for highest risk age group either).

Anyway, let's stick to the Bundesliga (or 2. Bundesliga 😕 ) topics. I know I derailed the thread further myself 😄 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

It wasn't sold as a miracle cure that'd completely prevent infection

No it wasn't but to give statements that "now we can live again" cause we got vaccine and if you passport to proof that you got shot is main reason for high numbers right now, not people who hasn't take the shot.

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

it does significantly reduce transmission

Yes it does for some, very small percent of people. High percent has no symptoms at all or minor ones, to this group vaccine does nothing. Nothing good anyways.

Anyone is free to take the shot, i got no problem with, even suggest to do so if you belong to risk group.

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Unless you truly only care about yourself

Don't really get this blaming game. To me it is lot more selfish to take shot and use that as excuse to live like time before covid than not get vaccine and limit your living with avoiding either getting virus or spreading it until something that actually works is invented. If cure is impossible to find then we just have to live with it.

I can buy as excuse to push that shot the fact that without vaccine it is more likely to end up intensive care and therefore you are eating healthcare resources but so far it is very small percent of people that end up to ICU, at least here.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Yes it does for some, very small percent of people. High percent has no symptoms at all or minor ones, to this group vaccine does nothing. Nothing good anyways.

This is factually incorrect. There's no significant difference in viral load for symptomatic and asymptomatic cases.

15 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Don't really get this blaming game. To me it is lot more selfish to take shot and use that as excuse to live like time before covid than not get vaccine and limit your living with avoiding either getting virus or spreading it until something that actually works is invented. If cure is impossible to find then we just have to live with it.

Might have come across a bit harsh, as I got triggered by the "crap vaccine" and more comments. Again, I agree it is complex, but I also believe that the motivation for taking the vaccine shouldn't just be about your own personal health 🙂 

17 minutes ago, Livertool said:

I can buy as excuse to push that shot the fact that without vaccine it is more likely to end up intensive care and therefore you are eating healthcare resources but so far it is very small percent of people that end up to ICU, at least here.

This is part of the point of my original comment. The decent ICU numbers now as well as low death rate is primarily because of the vaccine.

33 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Of course it is more complex. You can also suffer from a condition which makes the vaccine risky. Or if you stayed locked in at home without contact with anyone in public, I couldn't care less either. I was generalizing above as the vast majority of unvaccinated people don't have these health complications, stay at home etc.

And of course it's not completely without risk. But the risks are much less significant than from covid itself. Sorry to hear about your relatives, but those aren't ordinary cases of course (not for highest risk age group either).

Anyway, let's stick to the Bundesliga (or 2. Bundesliga 😕 ) topics. I know I derailed the thread further myself 😄 

Of course its much more complex than a yes or no. Thats why im triggered when i see the labels like selfish etc. (and of course the antivaxers with the conspiracy theories).

Back on topic i hope Dardai leaves Hertha forever. Feel bad for the guy, he is always there to help and save these mofos from relegation, but when things are not going well (actually not that bad neither), garbage. Crossing the fingers that HBSC starts the next season in BuLi2. 

• Like 1

So if Hertha survived that last minute equalizer they would surely not sack Dardai? How stupid that is, Hertha was def not in superb form but they grind some results and the play was not a disaster. Got the feeling now could be much worse sine squad is def not amazing.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Stubbe Thunberg: Let's not derail this thread! "Trust the experts, trust the science!"

Also Stubbe Thunberg: Derails this thread even further! Opposing view points are not up for discussion.😄

5vyabz.jpg

Does it? Cases over the past 2 years vs vaccinations over the past year:

image.thumb.png.127caf535904972e05b63754c248d32d.png

image.thumb.png.13c077f92be9bff8880d1d11dfa1c2d5.png

2 hours ago, jerry said:

So if Hertha survived that last minute equalizer they would surely not sack Dardai? How stupid that is, Hertha was def not in superb form but they grind some results and the play was not a disaster. Got the feeling now could be much worse sine squad is def not amazing.

Bobic didn't perform well for Stuttgart before getting another chance with Frankfurt which lead to the Hertha job. I'm not so sure if he's really a good manager at all. Frankfurt had some pretty sick scouting while he was there (Jovic, Rebic, Kamada, Haller, Younes, Kostic, Silva, N'Dicka, Wolf...) and Kovac/Adolf as coaches which might have inflated his performance as their GM.

A little similar to Heidel's performance in Mainz before moving to S04 in 2016. It's pretty easy to be seen as a great GM when in the 13,5 years from 2001-2014, your coaches for 12,5 years are named Klopp and Tuchel.

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

31 minutes ago, jerry said:

image.png.ca520ff92b8737e9481b6e8c0378a610.png

Which derby we will see sooner Bayern-TSV or Bayern-Turkgucu. My money is on the latter even if TSV will get into 2nd buli earlier.

image.png.ba4a3432186c39f5dfa2017d58aaa28d.png

Seems like Mr Reinthaler went "ponad" as well...😅

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I dont like Lewa and i dont think he is that good in general at all, but he is simply robbed two years in a row. He deserved the ballon dor last year (ridicolous and nonsense decision to cancel it), and this year too. Messi did nothing in Barcelona, he is a walking zombie at PSG, and has only a shitty Copa America title, what was a last minute mess, most of the players and teams didnt even care. Classic PR decision once again 🙈

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

I dont like Lewa and i dont think he is that good in general at all, but he is simply robbed two years in a row. He deserved the ballon dor last year (ridicolous and nonsense decision to cancel it), and this year too. Messi did nothing in Barcelona, he is a walking zombie at PSG, and has only a shitty Copa America title, what was a last minute mess, most of the players and teams didnt even care. Classic PR decision once again 🙈

Literally...

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 10:46 AM, WuDu said:

RIP @psrquack!

Hertha decided to fire Dardai and pick up Tayfun Korkut! 

What Heidel was to the Smurfs, Bobic seems to be to Hertha! 😆

Albeit it seems to be a disaster, but I think this would ease things very soon. In the previous years it was a constant rumour/hidden curtain fight against the director and the current trainer. I don't think the squad is better than finishing up to 10th position in the BuLi, but at least Bobic will have no excuse for the upcoming results. I felt like handling the bad teeth, it might happen you will lose it, but at least the pain will gone.

• Like 1

Either 26.000 or just 10.000 spectators allowed for BVB-Bayern! 🤮

Bellingham is QST, Hazard is OUT, Moukoko is also OUT with yet another muscle injury. However he played for BVB 2 last weekend. 

• Sad 1

So far Moukoko seem to be made from glass. Suffice to say never caught him in TV while watching BVB, starting to believe that maybe he dont exist and its some elaborate con 🤢

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

18 minutes ago, jerry said:

So far Moukoko seem to be made from glass. Suffice to say never caught him in TV while watching BVB, starting to believe that maybe he dont exist and its some elaborate con 🤢

Maybe he is a 40 years old fragile, dead tired black guy pulling off the typical passport trick 😅

On a serious note the guy is still a kid, still growing but already trains with the first team for a while what could be too much?

Edited by cris1285
Edit
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Maybe he is a 40 years old fragile, dead tired black guy pulling off the typical passport trick 😅

On a serious note the guy is still a kid, still growing but already trains with the first team for a while what could be too much?

Nah, if you look at him on the field and hear him talk, he's still a kid. This is not Romelu Lukaku 2.0. 

The crazy thing is that I'm sure there will be voices coming up next year comparing his performance to Bellingham's: "Bellingham was a starter at 17, why is Moukoko not playing...he's a bust...sell him to Bielefeld or Fürth while we can still cash out on him." 

But it will be interesting to see what the bosses are planning with him. Getting playing time in the 3. Liga is not a bad idea. 

• Like 1

Only 15.000 fans allowed for the game on Saturday. 😷

Roidretzka visited the doc yesterday, if he's not 100 % that would be great since Kimmich and Sbaitzer are missing as well. 

Bellingham is likely out, Hazard is out and Guerreiro will likely play.

• Sad 1