Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Do you wanna guess which former Bundesliga head coach is coaching in the Champions' League this season after qualifying yesterday?

https://www.flashscore.com/match/KhwtHcoo/#report

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4bb9be1be21d03e9c6bdee8f72fac89a.png

Uh Uh No GIF by Boomerang Official

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Delaney has been shipped to Sevilla for 6-7 M Euro. 30 years old, last year of his contract, I think that's fair. I always liked him as a person but this year he was expendable. Hopefully the BVB bosses now do something on our right defensive side. Loaning someone for a year or two to put pressure on Meunier would make perfect sense, but with my luck someone like St Juste or Halstenberg is going to get bought and overpaid...😥

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Ronaldo to City and discussion who's gonna top the scoring charts and this gem

When Werner learns the offside rule, everyone else gonna be chasing shadows

🤪🤣

Delaney to me always seem too heavy, unfit, slow 🤔. All in all my opinion of him that he is a outdated player as in he would work much better in the 90s or 00s. Im betting he will be a bust for Sevilla, dont see him cementing first eleven place, he will not displace Rakitic even [LaLiga will be too pacy for him]. Werder was his level, he should stayed there and be their captain now. He could be good central defender judging from his positioning and reading the game. Something like Hummels maybe.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Delaney to me always seem too heavy, unfit, slow 🤔. All in all my opinion of him that he is a outdated player as in he would work much better in the 90s or 00s. Im betting he will be a bust for Sevilla, dont see him cementing first eleven place, he will not displace Rakitic even [LaLiga will be too pacy for him]. Werder was his level, he should stayed there and be their captain now. He could be good central defender judging from his positioning and reading the game. Something like Hummels maybe.

Yeah, he should have stayed at Werder! Nothing like being the captain of a 2. Bundesliga team!

He is 1,8 m tall! There's not need for hobbits playing in central defence! 

@jerry,  I disagree with you here.

Delaney is a good player, however he had the disadvantage that the BVB bosses kept adding central/defensive midfielders after signing him. Witsel, Brandt, Can, Reyna and Bellingham came after him in a span of just 2 years. Then in 2021 Dahoud emerged as well.

I think his transfer is a win-win-win situation for everyone involved.

The BVB is playing on Friday, Hummels, Hazard and Schulz will miss the game. 

Edited by WuDu

Ref Zwayer (Robert Hoyzer's former linesman who took 300 Euro to manipulate a game) obviously is at it again, denying Reus a clear penalty. 🤬

Malen with a pretty good game, unfortunately no results to show for, yet.

Meunier already getting burned twice by Raum in the first 10 minutes, Lord have mercy if he's our only RB this season.

Interesting game so far, very dynamic!

GettyImages-1336733425-1-scaled.jpg?crop=0px,133px,2560px,1440px&fit=1140

What a great game yesterday and a true triumph of the will ( 😉 ) at the end!

The BVB leads 2:1 and concedes the equalizer in the 90th minute or so after a corner. Then Haaland practically wills the ball into Hoffenheim's box with brute strength: Wolf shoots, goalie saves it, Moukoko gets the rebound, goalie saves it, ball comes to Haaland and he nails it right in the top left corner! 🥅

We had a lot of great performances yesterday: Reyna, Bellingham with an important assist and a goal, Kobel, Malen, substitute Wolf and Haaland, of course.

Well, who of you was doubting Kobel? @jerry, @cris1285 ? I'm demanding answers!

Of course, we also received two goals against us again. In addition to that, there were 2 1-on-1 situations where Kobel saved us. Especially the 1-1 by fantasy darling Baumgartner was a joke as Guerreiro was taking a long nap. Witsel also played poorly, however he's playing out of position, so I cannot be mad at him.

There are now rumours that the BVB is picking up Diogo Dalot from Man Utd. Any warm body with two legs would be an improvement for the RB position, I've lost most of my hope that Meunier will help us here long-term, or short-term or middle-term...

46 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

I dont think i have ever mentioned Kobel. 

Oops! But I'm still demanding answers from @jerry

The next game is in Leverkusen in two weeks with Diaby, Wirtz, Schick, Alario...

Borussia Dortmund traurig maskottchenemma emma bvb bvbemma GIF

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Oops! But I'm still demanding answers from @jerry

The next game is in Leverkusen in two weeks with Diaby, Wirtz, Schick, Alario...

Borussia Dortmund traurig maskottchenemma emma bvb bvbemma GIF

Had the same impression when i saw Bellingham s numbers. I thought of getting him during whole week, but turned him down because... no idea why 🤔

Seems like the BVB is done making transfers this year. We only picked up Pongracic from Wolfsburg's bench on loan to add another center back to the mix. He knows Rose from his time in Salzburg and is a German-Croat similar to Edin Terzic.

Well, I don't know, but I think this could be better than it sounds at first. As of now, we only have one healthy interior defender left with Akanji. Hummels has knee issues and Zagadou is rehabbing for half a year now. That's it. WIth Collins and Coulibaly, there are two talents waiting, however both of them have never played one minute of pro football yet and are currently rehabbing injured knees as well.

As of now Pongracic would be starting vs Leverkusen, so there's definitely a need there. Long term, if he plays poorly, he goes back to Wolfsburg in a year without costing us a transfer fee. If he plays himself into the rotation, we can use the buy-option next summer.

Probably a smart deal, albeit not as flashy as picking up CHO from Chelsea... 

harit.thumb.PNG.9bc4321fbd1b41830470276839331243.PNG

Yeah, what a fucking year! 👍

Bild

Nübel left for 0 Euro and now Harit has been loaned (for 0 Euro?) to Marseille, with the Smurfs still paying part of his salary, which they extended in 2019. 

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

harit.thumb.PNG.9bc4321fbd1b41830470276839331243.PNG

Yeah, what a fucking year! 👍

Bild

Nübel left for 0 Euro and now Harit has been loaned (for 0 Euro?) to Marseille, with the Smurfs still paying part of his salary, which they extended in 2019. 

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

That is lol for sure. What else is?

+150 for Haaland 😂.

I remember mr duck was under 100M and i max 100M. How does it turn out? Next summer he'll leave for max 75M so how did that turn out?

And we were the ones who were insane 🤑

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, 75mlne release clause that kick off in January + 40 that parasite Raiola wants plus Haaland signup bonus [up to 10-20] plus whatever papa Haaland wants 😆 120-150 is the cost. Shame about that clause cause with this market where there is no single alternative for Haaland, Dortmund could ask easily Neymar money. Really i dont understand why they didnt try to sell him this summer. City would pay Kane money for him. Maybe everyone are waiting for the clause...

Schalke make deals just like mighty Barcelona. Im pretty sure they count on selling Harit after good spell with Marseille, but he is damaged goods and 20mlnE is a max they could get from him in the future. I think he will be a bust at Marseille though, team is pretty stacked now and he will have problems with playing time. Oh and Sampaoli will kill him if he will show the same attitude as in Schalke 😉 

@WuDuKobel with good start but you still are losing goals right and left. At this rate you will end up with 60 goals scored against you. Its only 3 matches but i dont think you will be any threat to Bayern [sadly this apply also to RB]. Im counting on some kind of meltdown in Bayern [Fc Hollywood style] but i dont think it will happen even if Nagelsmann is even more unlikeable than Tuchel 🤣🤪🤪 Sabitzer transfer will really help, they need that midfield goals.

• Confused 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@jerry, @Livertool

Who says that such a clause really exists? Who says that Haaland wants to leave in 2022? The BVB is a football club, not an investment bank or a hedge fund. We weren't interested in selling him and to be quite honest, the transfer fee (even if it amounts to 150 M Euro) would not be the majority of costs for the Haaland package. 

Harit is the definition of a fair weather player. Just look at his international "accomplishments". Plus the off-field baggage...I thought 4-5 M Euro would be an OK price for him (Hoppe left for 3 M), but corona is completely destroying the transfer market for these type of players. Bürki, Schulz and Wolf also stayed with the BVB this summer...  

But the goals weren't Kobel's fault, he even saved us a couple of extra ones. 😠 But with Pongracic we now have a creative solution for our defense. The game next Saturday vs Leverkusen will show us where we stand.

Speaking of Nagelsmann, since he showed up on national TV 3 years ago with permanent make-up, he's very suspicious to me...😁 

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Who says that such a clause really exists?

Just word in the street, might be spot on or not, future will tell.

I got no problem he staying, in fact hope so and with him + improvements to the team you'll really fight for title. Always boring when one team dominating. Just don't see it happening.

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

the transfer fee (even if it amounts to 150 M Euro) would not be the majority of costs for the Haaland package.

Never is. But has to be informed somehow.

11 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Just word in the street, might be spot on or not, future will tell.

I got no problem he staying, in fact hope so and with him + improvements to the team you'll really fight for title. Always boring when one team dominating. Just don't see it happening.

Never is. But has to be informed somehow.

Word on the streets = journos trying to generate clicks and selling papers. I'm looking forward to Haaland playing for us this year and I'm happy that it's him and not some overpaid clown like Timo Werner or Oliver Giroud

The Smurfs basically sold off all their players from last year:

https://www.transfermarkt.de/fc-schalke-04/transfers/verein/33

If you exclude McKennie, who went away last season, they generated a total of 20 M Euro for almost their complete Bundesliga roster! 😂 

A few months ago, they sold off some esports licence for 26,5 M Euro. 

https://www.kicker.de/schalke-verkauft-esport-startplatz-fuer-26-5-millionen-euro-808599/artikel

Maybe it would have been smart from an organizational perspective to liquidate the football structure and 100 % focus on Call of Duty, Counterstrike and Civilization 6...😝

• 2 weeks later...

Sick game so far between Leverkusen and the BVB! Already 2 goals against us again...

Wirtz, Diaby, Paulinho and Schick are on fire!

Best one for the BVB? Pongracic in my eyes, that says everything you need to know. 🤢

Guerreiro totally lost and already caused another goal against us. Meunier worthless and then he assisted for Haaland. Dahoud nowhere to be seen.

• Sad 1

Probably one of the best 3-4 BVB games, I've seen over the past 3 years!

Dahoud and Witsel were probably the worst players today, everybody else had sick highlights (and lowlights, of course).

Pongracic with 100 % won challenges; Guerreiro with the free kick to equalize; Malen getting nearly undressed by Frimpong and still going on to set up said free kick; Reus pestering Kossounnou getting the penalty and of course this:

Haaland scoring the 4-3 via penalty and celebrating in front of the Leverkusen supporters. Take a look at Bellingham and later Haaland. 🍺

Bellingham is straight nasty on the pitch! 😍

Thomas Meunier's last 3 games during the past 8 days:

One assist in every game. And he's playing really well today. You gotta be kidding me! 

image.png.3b669de43bdd47697bfb11d8c5622031.png

Typical 2. Bundesliga standings after 7 matchdays.  The SCP is on fire! Best offense and almost the best defense. Even without Baumgart who's bringing Köln back to life. 

More injuries for the BVB!

Today, Reus and Haaland are out! 😰

The M&Ms are starting up front and we're switching to 3 defenders in the back!

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

More injuries for the BVB!

Today, Reus and Haaland are out! 😰

The M&Ms are starting up front and we're switching to 3 defenders in the back!

Probably one of the worst games I've seen from the BVB over the last year! And that includes the dark times of the Lucien Favre era. 

Dortmund with and without Haaland:

Bild

😄

I had a bad feeling when Rose started with a 3-5-2, with a midfield of Witsel-Bellingham-Dahoud and Meunier playing right wing back. In the end, he replaced an offensive midfielder with an interior defender, costing us any creativity. Practically, the M&Ms were totally disconnected from the rest of the team, rendering them useless.

Rose should have started Reinier or Hazard and stayed in a 4-4-2. 

Best player today: Kobel!

The worst one: Dahoud! 

Next game is against Sporting on Tuesday.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, psrquack said:

After many months I have made a small bet on Dortmund. It wasn't a good idea.😂

Well, Rose coached us into the abyss this time around, hopefully this doesn't repeat itself. Your beloved Hertha is a whole different story, don't you agree?

Do you guys remember the Unibet season bets from the start of the year. Gladbach vs Wolfsburg specifically? After a few matchdays, it looked like Wolfsburg would be the clear winner, but now? Gladbach already played Bayern and the BVB and came away with 4 points. They also got rid of red hot Leverkusen. Sure, they lost, however they also had to substitute 4 guys out due to injuries in that game.

This Saturday, Wolfsburg and Gladbach meet each other, Wolfsburg however has to play UCL. 

Unfortunately I didn't watch the BVB game so I don't know what happened but yes, Hertha is a different story. I was sure hiring former players from the 90/00's could work, because they already know each other, but it seems differences are bigger than expected. Also think buying Boateng was a failure but all the club went astray accepting the new sponsor's deal and trying to shine without buying quality players. To the Leipzig game: Rasen BallSport is better with 2-3 goals, currently Hertha have many injured players and the team spirit is also low. 6-0 was in the deck.