Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Its interesting that Meunier is a damn good player, but underperforms at BVB. If he could find his form... This was a good game from Dortmund, great start.

Szoboszlai scored from his first touch! Hopefully he stays healthy, he could cement his position in the starting eleven while overhyped Dani Olmo gets his rest after he played the whole summer (for nothing hehe). Jesse Marsch is a good coach, im curious if Leipzig makes the step forward or not. 

15 hours ago, jerry said:

Nah, Brandt is finished in BVB, trust me. His body language is like in Goetze when he was leaving. Zero confidence and all around bad attitude. He need, PSV, Ajax, Salzburg, ust like Goetze. He need to make one step below. In Tottenham/Lazio he would repeat Holtby. 

Yeah you can win the tite....if:

You need good start, like 4 wins in 5 matches [with many missing players now will be very hard]

You will keep Witsel far from the squad

Hummels will stop playing like when he had decent pace

Reyna will step up, not once in 10 matches

Guerreiro will be best left back in the league

Malen will earn 30% of assists/goals of Sancho

The rest will take Bellingham

Would love BVB to win the title but i dont see it sadly 😉. Im counting more at RB Lipsk. Feel like Olmo/Szobocslai/Silva could make a diffrence.

@jerry

Not so fast my friend! The question is whether or not Brandt wants to be a great player or if he's just happy playing football for a living and getting handsomely paid.  If it's the latter, we'll probably see him elsewhere next season. Having said that, with the new system of 4#2, there are now 3 positions for Brandt, in contrast to a 4-2-3-1, where there was just 1. 

Having said that, missing time with corona now doesn't help him. Maybe even a guy like Schulz steps up on the left side, then it could get really tough for Brandt to get minutes. However the season is very long and Rose's football calls for steady rotation.

I like Witsel as a player, same for Hummels. There are now reports that Hummels is divorcing his stupid instagram/reality TV host wife, who probably was responsible for his move back to Munich in 2016...🥳

I'm not saying that we're the favourites, however in contrast to last summer, I'm having a good feeling again. Just look at the goals per game that Bürki conceded last year. With Kobel we massively improved!

Frankfurt losing in the 1st round of the cup to Mannheim, interesting in what kind of shape they show up next week. 

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

15 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Europa League here we come! Few surprises today and both Frankfurt and Wolfsburg looking far from ready for the Bundesliga kickoff.

Mark van Bommel also with a pretty lolzzzy start in his first game as their head coach...🤪😄🍺

For those of you who don't know, Wolfsburg needed overtime to win against Regionalliga West team (4th tier) Preußen Münster where van Bommel made a 6th substitution (only 5 are allowed). 😝

• Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Van Bommel is not respected even in Holland. There is so many coach talents in lower german leagues [genuinely think Germany have best coaches in Europe] and good coaches in Holland are the thing of the past. Taking this guy is proverbial shot in the foot. 

He did well in PSV in first half of first season cause De Jong scored a lot of time in last 5mins of the game. When his godmode ended results ended and he blew 8th point lead on Ajax. Last 12 matches only two twins and he refused to change tactics or squad. He didnt play Berqwijn or Malen, he had one 11 and he play them always.

He also forced out some legendary teammanager from PSV only to call him up after he got fired to scream at him 🤪💣 [also physio quits cause of him, he constantly was screaming at all of them]. Point is he is as unstable coach as he was a player. I will go ahead and say he is a clear mental case.

I think there will be big drama this year at Wolfsburg, which started early with that substitution. Which is a shame cause i like this club since many Poles played there [Nowak, Juskowiak, Kryger and now Bialek].

Edited by jerry
  • Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

3 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Odds 1.85 on Gladback H2H vs Wolfsburg

Are H2H bets blocked for Germans? I cannot find these.

I also see Gladbach vastly ahead of Wolfsburg this season. Hütter is a good coach and the team is strong enough to contend for the spots behind Bayern, BVB and RB. Plus, no travelling through Europe. Wolfsburg overperformed in 20/21 and they have to play 6 games in the UCL in 2021. In addition to that, I agree with @jerry, van Bommel is a head scratcher to me as well.

Last year, I almost put money on Beierlorzer to get fired by Mainz first (players around Szalai went on strike). He was fired on the matchday in question, however Smurf 04 kicked out Wagner just 24 hours earlier, so these kind of bets are very, very risky.

4 hours ago, jerry said:

He also forced out some legendary teammanager from PSV only to call him up after he got fired to scream at him 🤪💣 [also physio quits cause of him, he constantly was screaming at all of them]. Point is he is as unstable coach as he was a player. I will go ahead and say he is a clear mental case.

😝

Roger Schmidt (another Paderborn head coach) is doing a good job over there it seems, but Woflsburg's GM Schmadtke is a head case as well, warring with his head coaches in different places for over 10 years now. 💣   

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet 

That 12 odd for  Van Bommel to be first fired is a big value 🤪💣  Dont see them going down though, maybe if they sell Weghorst and that goalkeeper

BTW: Sorry for little derail, can you provide me list of every football team that have Unibet presence [some kind of sponsorship]? Want to know for which team not to bet :classic_laugh: just joking

In Middlesbrough team played with t-shirts with some other bookie and coach had uniform with Unibet logo 🤔  Thx

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

22 hours ago, jerry said:

@Stubbe-Unibet 

That 12 odd for  Van Bommel to be first fired is a big value 🤪💣  Dont see them going down though, maybe if they sell Weghorst and that goalkeeper

giphy.gif

As if Wolfsburg's GM can afford to kick out van Bommel within the first 10 matchdays after kicking out Glasner who led them into the UCL. I don't think that's going to happen. 

😄

• Like 1

The owner of Bundesliga broadcast rights in Finland had requested Bundesliga to send them clip of Pohjanpalo speaking in Finnish promoting the league. Instead of that, they accidentally made Håland speak Finnish and send that clip to them

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

BVB 2 winning in the 3. Liga today with 16 year old Kamara getting a few minutes. Now with 7 points after 3 games.

Smurf 04 is paying again for its Boomer-lineup, running out of gas once more, only drawing 1-1 vs Aue. 🥳

Gladbach-Bayern 1:1, however only due to the fact that the ref had to get his under 2,5 bet over the finish line by declining Gladbach two clear penalties towards the end of the game. Honestly, Bayern isn't looking really fresh right now and Upamecano looked really shaky. I'm also more and more getting the feeling that City will come out on top with respect to the Sane transfer.

Gladbach is making moves this year.

I'm very confident about the BVB tomorrow vs Frankfurt! Question is, who's ready to go. Knauff is back on the gameday roster, so maybe we see him tomorrow as RB instead of Passlack. However with 5 subs, I'm expecting some shared duty between Bellingham/Witsel and Tigges/Moukoko/Malen.

• Like 2

image.png.7d29d1af3a810ba69f545fc4820f3ce9.png

That second one where Upamecano was running behind Thuram, i dont think there was a big contact there and Thuram did the diving. The one where he reached Thuram hand that they check VAR for few minutes was beyond ridiculous though and that one was sure pen.

Still Thuram got this easy tap in chance that he blew 🤪 

Upamecano looked like very fast sunday league player. If he was little slower he would not get his head out of 2nd buli. He is like budget version of Akanji right know.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, psrquack said:

I went x2 for BVB against Frankfurt. There are too many injured and questioned players on the home team's side.

Frankfurt struggled during preseason and the cup match, loosing the best (maybe second best) player and mastermind coach is as tough as it gets. We will see, but i expect a relative easy Dortmund win. And plenty of goals 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@jerry

Brutal!

RIP to @psrquack's bankroll! :classic_sad: You might have as well put your hard earned money on the Smurfs getting promoted at the end of the season because this money is gone my friend!

Who's injured for the BVB? Hummels, Guerreiro, Meunier and Brandt. Delaney is probably being held out for transfer reasons and Zagadou has been gone forever now. Yes, Hummels and Guerreiro hurt. Meunier, I don't know about his impact this year. If it were for the unibetcommunity, Brandt would be playing for Inter Turku or Tractor Chisinau right now...😁

In the end, we're missing 2,5 important players, that's not that much for a deep team and the BVB having the lowest odds to win for this Buli matchday is correct in my opinion. 

Of course, not everybody can go for 90 minutes today (Witsel, Bellingham, Hazard, Malen, Reinier, Moukoko, maybe Can), however as I stated above, I'm expecting some time-sharing between Witsel/Bellingham and at the 2nd forward spot next to Haaland. 

Reus

Reyna       Bellingham

Dahoud

is a pretty dangerous midfield to start, don't you agree?    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@WuDu thanks for confirming the plenty of missing players. I have watched this, what is enough for some gamble.

n1.thumb.png.9969bc7f3c54b0acb72c66f0e9465c72.png

The midfield seems strong, but this will be the first game after a long season+euro2020 and I don't know how shape the players are, so the x2 still stands for me. Btw don't worry about my br, at least you can put more money on BVB win.😅

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, psrquack said:

@WuDu thanks for confirming the plenty of missing players. I have watched this, what is enough for some gamble.

n1.thumb.png.9969bc7f3c54b0acb72c66f0e9465c72.png

The midfield seems strong, but this will be the first game after a long season+euro2020 and I don't know how shape the players are

Haaland, Reus, Dahoud had the summer off and worked (almost) all preseason. Reyna is in great shape. The other spots in midfield/on offense are being time-shared. Believe me, I watched the preseason and the cup game, the BVB is in great shape! 

Schulz was OK replacing Guerreiro in the cup, our weak point will be the right defensive side, going up against Kostic. 

Having said that, always interesting to learn some Hungarian:

Betegseg- Illness?

Terd- Knee?

Serüles- Injury?

• Like 1

@WuDu: all correct, but I suggest you to learn russian. There are many places you will get advantage knowing the language (f.e you want to visit your family's cradle.)

To the game: checked some local and english based experts (like sportsmole) and all said something like that:

"Eintracht Frankfurt have a poor run and their confidence will take a beating after the loss to lower tier side Waldhof Mannheim. They haven’t had a consistent winning run and take on a confident Dortmund side with their main man Erling Haaland in good form. Back the hosts to win this one."

The 3-1 and over 3,5 are showing up also many times, but  if something is so one sided I always feel something tricky inside that. So siegen oder fliegen, no matter second outcome will happen.

5 hours ago, psrquack said:

@WuDu: all correct, but I suggest you to learn russian. There are many places you will get advantage knowing the language (f.e you want to visit your family's cradle.)

I doubt there's much cradle to visit if you have to learn another language...

image.png.f190c8378ffccb99f2a7fcf6259e908c.png

Kiel started this season with 3 consecutive 0-3 losses. This should also put the Smurfs' victory against them in perspective.

Bild

Haaland-Reus

Reyna

Hazard   Bellingham

Dahoud

Schulz Witsel Akanji Passlack

Kobel

Very nice lineup! Can is not available, so we have Mooukoko, Malen and Knauff off the bench. Hopefully that will be enough!       

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Embrace yourself with @WuDu whining about Akanji, Witsel and retard couch for putting those fellas downstairs 😄

I actually like Witsel as a player...

RIP @psrquack's bankroll! 

Nice to see what the BVB can do when the coach is not secretly working against us! Great football by the BVB! And we still have Malen and Moukoko on the bench!

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 2

5-2 victory and finally some BVB power football again. I told you guys, that I have a good feeling about the team this year, however Frankfurt didn't really show up prepared, so we have to see what the next few weeks have in store for us. On Tuesday, the BVB plays Bayern for the Supercup. 

Regarding the game today, Haaland with 2 goals and 2 assists. Actually he also assisted on the Reyna goal as well. Reus is healthy, well rested and had a full preseason to prepare. Gio Reyna is also going to stay in the starting lineup for the immediate future.

Malen has not fully arrived yet, so I don't see him starting for us before the national team break in September. All in all a great start to the season and we're already 2 points ahead of Bayern! 🙌

• Like 1