Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

44 minutes ago, WuDu said:

In the EPL he scored against Southampton, Burnley, Sheffield, Newcastle and West Ham. 

These are not bus parkers that he couldn't help you with but Malen is? Don't quite get it but anyhow, still believe that with good price Werner would be good catch to bl where he has proven to be worthy.

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

These are not bus parkers that he couldn't help you with but Malen is? Don't quite get it but anyhow, still believe that with good price Werner would be good catch to bl where he has proven to be worthy.

I think it's different if you score the 3:0 vs Burnley or the 4:1 against Sheffield in contrast to being the player scoring the 1:0 or 1:1. In order to put a game away or run up the score, we don't need an expensive guy like Werner, Reinier Jesus would do as well...😁

Speaking of Malen, we have to see how he gets along in the Bundesliga. But when Haaland leaves, there's a huge chance that Moukoko might not be ready yet to carry the team. Malen could then work as our "transitional" center forward until Moukoko beats him out.

Starting lineup for the Smurfs:

image.png.728e7f5f9c55588e8e672e39f5771d4f.png

giphy.gif

And for our degenerate gamblers:

2. Bundesliga historically is a league where anybody can beat anybody. So road underdogs and draws were always things to bet on. In the 3 years from 17/18 to 19/20, the draw % in the 2. Bundesliga was roughly 30,5%. Which is a lot. However in 20/21, it dropped to 23,5%. More spectators, more draws again? 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Malen is very talented, and not that arrogant, problematic oranje kid as Depay was. Wont be a superstar, but i think he can have a very decent career, would fit with Dortmund.

How can you guys compare Werner with Haaland? The only aspect of the game Werner doing better is maybe his speed (no data, only my eyes tho). Little Timo lost his mojo and confidence at Chelsea, just like Torres, Shevchenko or Crespo, just to name a few. Weird place this Stamford Bridge 😆

Oh well, not a good start for Schalke. Colored me surprised 🤣 Going down is more realistic than BuLi, same as for Bremen. Look at Hamburg, spending years down there like loosers, or the story of Kaiserslautern. Tough league.

• Haha 1

Certain things never change:

image.png.e1e8f1282c37a9a093ebde294aab01fa.png

Good start by the Smurfs and they even saved a penalty. But how a team that plays at home and is the favourite to be promoted (of course not favoured by the guys with an IQ of 90 and more) stops playing after an hour, hoping to keep the draw is mind-boggling. All their grandpas probably don't have the cardio to go for longer than 60-65  minutes. Yikes!

Next matchday, the Royal blues leave the smurf village and travel to Kiel! 😮💣 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDuWhat exactly are Dortmund ambitions in the years ahead? I mean over past few years you collected gazillion of euros and you are still one class below Bayern and at this point even behind RedBull. Granted, youre farmers club for the elite level clubs but still, only farmers, just like every team in my country or in France par PSG. Where this money is going? Debts? Why not invest 20% of it and go head to head with Bayern? Covid market is a problem but the one club that have the revenue is Dortmund, why dont exploit that situation and close the gap?

This year transfers are at least to me shocking. Unproven young goalkeeper [third from Swiss that had to be some kind of record], couple children from under19 PSG [the thinking is surely to sell them back to PSG for 50mlne 😆] and for Sancho [will be a no show in ManU and in two years back in Dortmund] Malen which is a question mark. Good player but i dont think he will have 50% of numbers of Sancho also i dont think he will be a bust but he could be just like Brands, occasional show against Freiburg etc. He is more Wolfsburg/Leverkusen level player for me than Dortmund. Berardi could be ok but still i think Dortmund could aim even higher. 

At this point Bayern will be winning titles till the 2050 assuming they get Haaland for free 🤪🤪😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@jerry

Nice trolling! 😁

Where this money is going? Debts? Why not invest 20% of it and go head to head with Bayern?

https://media.dfl.de/sites/2/2021/05/Clubs-der-Bundesliga-2021-22-Geschaeftsjahresende-2020.pdf

In 19/20 Bayern spent 340 M Euro on personell! The BVB spent 215 M Euro. So every year, Bayern has 125 M Euro more to spend than the BVB. I think that explains a lot.

However Bayern is having issues extending some of their contracts now. After giving Sane 17 M/year, Alaba wanted 20 and left. Goretzka is said to be looking for 20 now (currently at 10) and Kimmich has to be paid as well.

The BVB takes in 4 M Euro with every sold out home game, so you can roughly imagine the size of the corona hole. 

Actually, I like the transfers so far. Kobel is a great Buli goalie and definitely an upgrade over Bürki. Sancho cannot be replaced 1 on 1, multiple guys have to step up and fill the void, probably with a change of system as well: 4#2 or 4-3-1-2. Malen cannot replace Sancho directly, however we still have Gio Reyna, Brandt, Dahoud, Moukoko, Hazard and Bellingham.

Regarding Kamara and Coulibaly, I like these transfers. Of course not every youth player will make it, but the goal for the BVB has to be to develop these players and turn them into assets. 

Also with BVB 2 playing in the 3. Liga now, we have some more playing time available. 

Having said that, it's tough to say how strong the team will be this year, we currently have no healthy and available defense right now, this could be an issue early on.

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 2

@WuDu

Lets be honest, Dortmund is a selling club 🙃

Assuming Haaland stay there isnt much needed to really challenge Bayern. You need one [ideally two] central def [Akanji was at Euro world class but Swiss play in diffrent system] and one defensive midfielder. Replace Brandt with Damsgaard who would be a perfect fit in Dortmund. He remind me very much of Gotze. If Reus will be healthy [big if] you dont need backup striker, but i would go for some experienced one [Seferovic?]. Bayern at least have Chupa Chups 😆  I dont really like Guerreiro,Schulz and Meunier [Mario Rui from Napoli would be a perfect fit] and would replace them all but they are ok for Buli and can be usefull or good when in form. Im first to say that Guerreiro is exceptional talent but he is not consistent enough and never will be.

Also keep Hummels, WItsel and Can as far as you can from first eleven [they are all but done] and Bayern is not meister in 25 spieltag.

Redbull with Silva and Olmo will be interesting. If RB start strong and Silva will score 20< i can see them challenging Bayern. Thats big if though.

• Confused 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Real have 120+ 50[Varane] for Mbappe. Some say that if PSG will refuse and they go for Haaland. 170 is little too low for me though, i would go for fookin 250 at least 💣

Haaland +  Mbappe year later for free and Real is done for 10 years :classic_ninja:

Still think there is a chance Bayern could pull masterclass and get Haaland for free...

20 hours ago, jerry said:

@WuDu

Lets be honest, Dortmund is a selling club 🙃

Assuming Haaland stay there isnt much needed to really challenge Bayern. You need one [ideally two] central def [Akanji was at Euro world class but Swiss play in diffrent system] and one defensive midfielder. Replace Brandt with Damsgaard who would be a perfect fit in Dortmund. He remind me very much of Gotze. If Reus will be healthy [big if] you dont need backup striker, but i would go for some experienced one [Seferovic?]. Bayern at least have Chupa Chups 😆  I dont really like Guerreiro,Schulz and Meunier [Mario Rui from Napoli would be a perfect fit] and would replace them all but they are ok for Buli and can be usefull or good when in form. Im first to say that Guerreiro is exceptional talent but he is not consistent enough and never will be.

Also keep Hummels, WItsel and Can as far as you can from first eleven [they are all but done] and Bayern is not meister in 25 spieltag.

Redbull with Silva and Olmo will be interesting. If RB start strong and Silva will score 20< i can see them challenging Bayern. Thats big if though.

Selling club to whom? Sugar daddy clubs, irresponsible clubs and teams that have states backing them directly or indirectly. It's a little bit like playing Poker here at Unibet. You have some guys playing within their bankroll, being careful and you have others pretending to be big shots who go on 2p2 begging for money to keep the house of cards standing for a few more weeks. 😁

Barca is one of the biggest clubs in the world with insane marketing potential and they're 1,2 Billion Euro in the hole. City's sugar daddies net spent 1 Billion Euro in transfer fees alone over the past 10 years. PSG net spent 950 Million in transfer fees over the last 10 years.

Trying to outspend these clubs is a losing strategy.

Back to the BVB:

G_Malen_bvbnachrichtenbild_regular.jpg

Malen arrived, let's see where he stands in the pecking order now. 

@jerry Your scouting leaves a lot to be desired. Seferovic? 🤪 If we're playing with 2 strikers this year, we have Haaland and Malen. Reus can play there as well, next to Haaland/Malen. As our wildcard we have Moukoko. And in case all 4 of these players are unavailable, we can throw in BVB 2 striker Steffen Tigges as a warm body in game shape.

In central/defensive midfield we have way too many players for 1, 2, 3 positions. Let's say we play a 4#2 this year. That means we have 3 central spots available. Bellingham and Dahoud were exceptional at the end of last year. Then we have Can, Witsel and Delaney. Guerreiro could play in the LM spot as well. Same for Brandt, Thorgan Hazard and Gio Reyna. And with Kamara the next talent is already waiting in the wings.

Our problem is the defense.

LB: Guerreiro and Schulz. The latter has shown nothing and Guerreiro might be needed elsewhere.

CB: Hummels, Akanji, Zagadou, Coulibaly, Can. Hummels has knee issues, Akanji is still on vacation, Zagadou will miss the next 3 months at least, Coulibaly has a torn ACL and Can isn't even a CB. 

RB: Meunier, Morey, Passlack. Morey will miss this year, Passlack has no starter potential and Meunier, well, he looked OK for Belgium during the Euro...😰  

• Like 1

The Bundesliga preseason is over! Next weekend, the first round of the cup takes place before the Bundesliga returns in 2 weeks! 🥳

Especially the big clubs are going to face some problems to start the year, simply because their Euro 2020 players are only slowly returning from vacation. For the BVB, Hummels, Can, Guerreiro, Akanji, Meunier, Hazard and Witsel didn't practice during training camp and Bellingham and Delaney still have not returned.

Bayern lost 0-3 to Napoli today, Wolfsburg has lost the last 5 preseason matches. So Dortmund isn't the only team with issues.

After having watched a few of the preseason games (yes, I actually watch them on demand on youtube 🤪 ) I'm expecting a 4#2 to start the year. If we ignore the defense for a split second; Dahoud, Reyna, (unibetcommunity darling) Brandt, Reus and Haaland should be safe to start next Saturday in 5 of the 6 spots as midfielders/forwards. Malen might be the 6th one. 

In the defense, Schulz and Can should be safe. If Akanji is in shape, he's the 3rd one with Meunier/Passlack playing on the right side. Let's see if my estimation is correct. Against Wiesbaden, that should be enough, against Frankfurt, I'm not so sure...🤒

To conclude, Haaland's looking good, so maybe we can challenge Bayern this year:

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 3

I think Schalke will lose. Still no Hopp[e], Kiel is really strong and i dont think Grammozis is the right guy for the job. They seem badly shaped against HSV, like they were without air after 60th minute.

• Like 1

Not looking good for Kiel!

Last season:

• Won against Bayern in the cup
  • 4 points ahead of Fürth for the #2 spot with 2 games left

Since then:

• Have been beaten up in the cup by the BVB
  • Pissed away the lead and had to play relegation
  • Won the first relegation match vs Köln at home, only to then lose 1-5 at home.
  • 2 games played in the 2. Bundesliga this year, Kiel is last with 2 losses and 0-6 goals.

RIP

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Terodde is so freakin cheat code in 2Buli. Schalke was IMO worse team [if that first half 1:2 would stand i think Kiel would've draw or better] but so clinical. So at least they avoided bad start cause with 2nd defeat things could get ugly. I think this will be relatively safe season, cause Kiel at their home is very strong. Middle table or near aufstieg is my take for Schalke.

2 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

BUNDESLIGA HERE WE ARE COMING! Odds 2.85 today, EZ money 

One win against the last place team in the 2. Bundesliga and you're back on track...😁 Hopefully, the game against Villingen next week doesn't put you in the ER with alcohol poisoning! 

1 hour ago, psrquack said:

Get ready for the Derby.🤣

My oh my, 97/98, that was a crappy year for German football! Having said that, since Schalke legend Oliver Held is mentioned at the beginning, here's the move he's most famous for:

• Köln playing Schalke at the end of the 97/98 season. Köln is fighting relegation, at that point they were one of the last remaning teams left to have played every Bundesliga season in history.
  • 0:0, Köln player shoots on goal, Smurf player Oliver Held with a blatant handball in the box, saving a clear goal.
  • Ref is blind, doesn't know what to do. Goes to Held and asks him on the pitch: " Please be honest, was it a handball?"
  • Held replies: "I SWEAR, I touched the ball with my head!" Ref: "Fair enough, play on."
  • Held gets asked by a field reporter after the game, whether the ref asked him about the situation. Held: "No he didn't ask me!" 😁
  •  Schalke scores the 1-0 in the 90th minute. Köln is relegated at the end of the season, the 3 points would have saved them.
  • Held gets suspended for 2 games afterwards, Schalke supporters don't care, because that's the Schalke way.

💙

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1

And the players missing time for the BVB keep piling up and up:

• Brandt and Meunier caught corona
  • Reinier Jesus is playing the final at the Olympics
  • Can is not in game shape yet

That means for the cup game in 3 days, the BVB is missing:

Hummels, Guerreiro, Can, Zagadou, Coulibaly, Meunier, Collins, Morey, Witsel, Hazard, Bellingham, Delaney, Brandt, Reinier and Wolf.

That means, we're likely starting one of the BVB 2 CBs who played every preseason game so far. In addition to that, Knauff or maybe even Kamara should move into one of the midfield spots. For the cup game this should still do it.

3-0 win for the BVB, all goals scored by Haaland! 🍾

The team is looking really good so far and with Rose we finally have a coach who's not secretly sabotaging the team!

Positives today: Haaland, Reyna, Dahoud and the playing style/system.

I also like Kobel as our goalie, despite him not having much to do today. He must have at least 10 cm on Bürki. Tough to win when a hobbit is your last line of defense! 😄

Negatives: If Papadopoulos and Passlack have to play again next week, then Lord have mercy! 🤒 Against tougher opponents this could get ugly. In addition to that, Malen still needs some more time...

As of now, it seems like that Meunier/Passlack will be our only right backs for the year. Yikes...

• Like 1

So i hear there is a clause for Haaland. More than 80mlnE less than 100mlnE. Paying this money for Lukaku or Grealish is a fookin madness 🤪😉😂

I admit i was sceptical about Haaland but more and more he seem like a generational talent. His goals oozes repetitiveness and class. Next Messi/Ronaldo who will have seasons with 60-70 goals, And english clubs goes after those two? Kane? If he was healthy he could be worth 50-70e but unhealthy as he is 100mln is a craziness. He will ALWAYS miss 1/3 of the season, and even with odd healthy season he is nowhere near Haaland numbers. Why Real doesnt buy him this year? Maybe they wait if Mbappe is buyable if not they will. If Messi is really gone [🤣😅] Haaland is a perfect replacement [take a fookin loan or give Dembele or some other deadwood in barter 🤪].

Weird is this year transfermarket. Maybe he have some hidden agreement already...

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jerry said:

So i hear there is a clause for Haaland. More than 80mlnE less than 100mlnE. Paying this money for Lukaku or Grealish is a fookin madness 🤪😉😂

I admit i was sceptical about Haaland but more and more he seem like a generational talent. His goals oozes repetitiveness and class. Next Messi/Ronaldo who will have seasons with 60-70 goals, And english clubs goes after those two? Kane? If he was healthy he could be worth 50-70e but unhealthy as he is 100mln is a craziness. He will ALWAYS miss 1/3 of the season, and even with odd healthy season he is nowhere near Haaland numbers. Why Real doesnt buy him this year? Maybe they wait if Mbappe is buyable if not they will. If Messi is really gone [🤣😅] Haaland is a perfect replacement [take a fookin loan or give Dembele or some other deadwood in barter 🤪].

Weird is this year transfermarket. Maybe he have some hidden agreement already...

Barca is dead broke, they're not picking up anybody before they get rid of some of their ridiculous contracts. And I doubt that Real's situation is looking so much brighter after wasting all that money on Fatzard, Jovic, Bale and paying Kroos and Alaba round about 20 M Euro each.

After looking at the team and Rose, I get the feeling that we might have a shot at the title this year. Especially if 1 or 2 guys take another step forward. Gio Reyna is looking good so far and maybe Julian Brandt can turn his BVB career around this year. That would give us sick firepower. Our problem is the defense, especially our right side. 

So yeah, we need Haaland this year, especially after already losing Sancho.  

• Like 1

Nah, Brandt is finished in BVB, trust me. His body language is like in Goetze when he was leaving. Zero confidence and all around bad attitude. He need, PSV, Ajax, Salzburg, ust like Goetze. He need to make one step below. In Tottenham/Lazio he would repeat Holtby. 

Yeah you can win the tite....if:

Haaland score 30<

Haaland doesnt leave in January cause Lukaku is s h i t after all and Chelsea will need him 🤪 [maybe they will offer you him 🤣]

Lewandowski will FINALLY miss some of the matches 🤪 and score less than 30

There be needed some implosion between Nagelsmann and players [isnt like Lewandowski older than him 🤣 and i feel like Coman can do some funny s h i t]

You need good start, like 4 wins in 5 matches [with many missing players now will be very hard]

You will keep Witsel far from the squad

Hummels will stop playing like when he had decent pace

Reyna will step up, not once in 10 matches

Guerreiro will be best left back in the league

Malen will earn 30% of assists/goals of Sancho

The rest will take Bellingham

Rose will forget what happen in BMG 😅

etc etc etc

Would love BVB to win the title but i dont see it sadly 😉. Im counting more at RB Lipsk. Feel like Olmo/Szobocslai/Silva could make a diffrence.