Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

0-2 at the half vs Rangers. Nice!

• Sad 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

15 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Better to invest Haaland money wisely and strengthen your team instead of just future cashout prospects, otherwise next season could be disaster, maybe you even end up being next Schalke 🤪

I believe they already identify possible reinforcements 🤪

spacer.png

• Haha 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

2-4 loss in the end! I said it before, I expected the BVB to go out in the Euroleague against a team like Bergamo or Sevilla (no clue whether they're even in this competition), but losing to the Rangers in the first home match? Conceding 4 goals? I didn't expect that. Both goals for us came from long distance shots! Both goals against us in the first half after a corner.

The weird part is that with the 2-4, even now there's probably no real sense of urgency right now, all it takes is a win in Glasgow with 2 or more goals. 🙄

Zagadou with a memorable performance today: Missed a wide open header for the 1-0 3 meters away from the goal. Caused a handball penalty without having to do so. Scored an own goal.

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Better to invest Haaland money wisely and strengthen your team instead of just future cashout prospects, otherwise next season could be disaster, maybe you even end up being next Schalke 🤪

That's a populistic way of thinking! Without those future cashout projects, Haaland and Bellingham wouldn't be playing here. Without these two, the lights would have already gone out this year. It's more like the issues of the team being totally imbalanced, not willing to defend and without any sense of urgency! If you look at it, it's the stars and highly paid veterans that are totally not showing up or fluctuate heavily with their performance.

A guy like Camara from Salzburg would really help us, it's always astounding how much free space we give our opponents in front of our central defence.

Edited by WuDu
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Found on Reddit

Here's a crazy fact: Since joining Dortmund in 2020, Haaland has missed more games (24) than what Lewandowski has missed (23) for Bayern since 2014.

🥴🤔🤣🤩

Edited by jerry
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

8 hours ago, WuDu said:

It's more like the issues of the team being totally imbalanced,

Or lack of long term plan for success? How many players do you still have from few years ago and can they be counted as body to build on? Took a quick peak from 2018 team and was there like 4-5 players remaining, Akanji, Reus and some others. Do you win titles with them?

Or lack of long term plan for success? How many players do you still have from few years ago and can they be counted as body to build on? Took a quick peak from 2018 team and was there like 4-5 players remaining, Akanji, Reus and some others. Do you win titles with them?

Yesterday's starters and the year they joined the club:

Kobel 21

Guerreiro 16 - Hummels 08 (3 years at Bayern from 16-19) - Zagadou 17 - Akanji January 18

Witsel 18 - Dahoud 17

Brandt 19 - Reus 12 - Bellingham 20

Malen 21

6 starters were in their 5th season with the club at least. Again, that 's not the issue here. Would I build my team around Reus/Hummels/Zagadou/Akanji/Guerreiro/Dahoud/WItsel right now? Of course not, nobody sane would!

sky Germany is reporting that Coach Rose and the bosses had an emergency meeting yesterday and they decided to not do anything unless the UCL quali is in jeopardy. Let's see what I said at the beginning of the year, a few weeks ago:

image.png.97c1258434af0ef3f7ef8744d9fbfc56.png

The Bundesliga is pretty weak right now, so the UCL spot should be safe, but this is not a good sign! Gladbach is visiting on Sunday and these guys are hot to turn their season around with a win against one of their rivals. Honestly, after these performances against Leverkusen and Glasgow with 9 goals against us in our last 2 home games, some heads have to roll...

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Again, that 's not the issue here

Ofc i didn't mean just length of deal but players that you can build future towards title(s). If you ain't willing to pay more than 25M, that is what you get, either young prospects, old farts or mediocre players. 

Being able to fight for buli title and like you said, fairly easy to get to cl from buli, should be good selling points to make good players around 25 yo to commit for club but that costs money too. As far as i know you have the money and so far cl position too, things get only harder if you lose that. No risk no reward 😉

10 hours ago, Livertool said:

Being able to fight for buli title and like you said, fairly easy to get to cl from buli, should be good selling points to make good players around 25 yo to commit for club but that costs money too. As far as i know you have the money and so far cl position too, things get only harder if you lose that. No risk no reward 😉

New Jersey Kiss GIF by FC Bayern Munich

You mean when we signed Hazard, Emre Can, Delaney and Schulz over the last few years? In addition to late 20 players like Witsel, Hummels, Meunier? You also seem to think that the BVB is paying with food vouchers and poker tikiets, however Reus is likely getting 12 M per year while the group of Hummels, Witsel, Can and Meunier is hovering around 8-10 M a year.

It's not the age of a player that matters, but his performance on the pitch. Look at clubs like Ajax or Red Bull Salzburg and their performance in the UCL for instance. The problem with the BVB is that we sunk a lot of money in players that are vastly overpaid now and/or are a bad strategical fit for the team.

Hummels said it best in the post-game interview yesterday when he mentioned that the team is playing "unreasonable football", playing risky balls when you mustn't and so on.

21 hours ago, jerry said:

Found on Reddit

Here's a crazy fact: Since joining Dortmund in 2020, Haaland has missed more games (24) than what Lewandowski has missed (23) for Bayern since 2014.

🥴🤔🤣🤩

If you only count the games Lewy missed with an injury at Bayern, the number gets down to 16 over 7,5 years. 😲

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

You also seem to think that the BVB is paying with food vouchers and poker tikiet

Naturally i was talking about transfer fees but looking at their wages, i agree, heads must roll. In comparison Liverpool wages:

Virgil van Dijk

£11,440,000

£220,000

Thiago

£10,400,000

£200,000

Mohamed Salah

£10,400,000

£200,000

Trent Alexander-Arnold

£9,360,000

£180,000

Roberto Firmino

£9,360,000

£180,000

Fabinho

£9,360,000

£180,000

Alisson Becker

£7,800,800

£150,000

Jordan Henderson

£7,280,000

£140,000

James Milner

£7,280,000

£140,000

Naby Keita

£6,240,000

£120,000

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

£6,240,000

£120,000

Sadio Mane

£5,200,000

£100,000

Joel Matip

£5,200,000

£100,000

Andrew Robertson

£5,200,000

£100,000

Diogo Jota

£4,700,000

£90,385

Luis Diaz

£4,700,000

£90,385

Joe Gomez

£3,900,000

£75,000

Takumi Minamino

£3,900,000

£75,000

Ibrahima Konate

£3,640,000

£70,000

Divock Origi

£3,120,000

£60,000

Kostas Tsimikas

£3,120,000

£60,000

So clearly you can afford to pay wages, just matter of buying good players not overpaid averages. Can't say anything about all players you mentioned but c'mon, can't rely on Witsel or Can to bring trophys.

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

It's not the age of a player that matters, but his performance on the pitch.

And here you missed word GOOD in my post, never claimed just age matters but usually players are at their peak +25 so if you are building team, players around that age are good base to build and like even winter transfer window showed, they are not impossible to find, just have to pay more than 20-25M but not sugardaddy money.

• Confused 1

@Livertool

I don't think I trust these salary numbers. OK, 1 Euro = 1,2 Pounds. However in Germany, salary numbers are pre tax, half ot if gets stolen by the state. Are these supposed to be net numbers for Liverpool?

Having said that, Sadio Mane should change his agent. 🤣

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

And here you missed word GOOD in my post, never claimed just age matters but usually players are at their peak +25 so if you are building team, players around that age are good base to build and like even winter transfer window showed, they are not impossible to find, just have to pay more than 20-25M but not sugardaddy money.

45 M Euro for a "nice to have"-transfer of Luis Diaz is already sugar daddy money. Besides, Dortmund wouldn't be able to get a peak Haaland or a peak Auba or a peak Lewy, we have to develop these players on our own.

However doing so gets difficult if you waste your budget on extending goalkeeper Bürki for 5-6 M Euro per year in the summer of 2020 only to take him out of the first team just 1/2 a year later. That's at least 10 M Euro of salary budget flushed through the toilet. Wolf gets 5 M per year to be an occasional hustle sub off the bench. Schulz gets 5 M per year to hopefully sit on the bench and not set foot on the pitch.

The BVB is interested in Mazraoui from Ajax, however before we ship away Meunier and his 8-10 M contract, there's not much we can do here...

Edited by WuDu

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

I don't think I trust these salary numbers. OK, 1 Euro = 1,2 Pounds. However in Germany, salary numbers are pre tax, half ot if gets stolen by the state. Are these supposed to be net numbers for Liverpool?

You were the one that brought wages up 😄 I would imagine UK players pays taxes too but i agree with trust part, don't count them to be exact numbers but gives us some kind of guideline that difference ain't as huge as you seem to believe about wages in "sugardaddy" club.

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

45 M Euro for a "nice to have"-transfer of Luis Diaz is already sugar daddy money

Is it? You spend roughly 100M per season to transfers. Instead of 4-5 players you could get 2-3 players. I don't say all players have to cost much but if you have clear need for some player(s), better to invest little more than just take a shot with Witsel 😄

Without speculating would they move to Dortmund or what their wages are, Lingard and Origi moving summer, don't have to be sugardaddy to get them and i got no reason to believe they wouldn't be update to you. Coutinho went to Villa, Barca clearly got no use for him with constantly loaning him out so he ain't necessarily as expensive as might think.

Those just for example, i am sure you got better scouts than my 1minute brainstorming 😄

5 hours ago, Livertool said:

Those just for example, i am sure you got better scouts than my 1minute brainstorming 😄

Coutinho, Origi and Lingard?

Uefa Finland GIF by Manne Nilsson

Coutinho: 25 M a year, sucked at Bayern.

Origi: Sucked at Wolfsburg, not playing right now.

Lingard: Sucks at United, not playing right now.

When I was a kid in school, some of my buddies also played the popular PC game "Bundesliga Manager". One of them always chose Bayern München and made bad transfers to see them lose! 🤣 Why do I remember that right now? 😁

Freaking Modeste with another goal!🤪 With Bielefeld winning again, things look darker and darker for Stuttgart:

image.png.2959f5b99063fdab2dec2a3fc454f7a4.png

Don't know where you are basing those suckings for but all good, lots of room in the world for all kinds of opinions 😄

I think i only saw 1 match Coutinho played at BM but i don't consider 8+6 in 23 buli matches sucking, especially when many matches were not close to full minutes, but your standards must be higher then. And i see we are back to uncertain wages but the fact that he was willing to drop his salary to play at AV tells me nothing beyond negotiations when man wants to play.

Lingard got legit chance and steady playtime last season and results followed. 16 matches, 9+4. Once again not sucking imo. In addition to watch him play and compare to Sancho for example, later ain't better (yet) but i understand that he gets to play for money paid for him and for being future of United.

Hard to say about Origi for sure and if he is just supersub but very efficient for minutes he gets to play. I don't see any reason he couldn't be +10 goal player in pl, with open defences of buli you can multiple that with 1.5. Might be wrong, we can get back to it when he finds new club where he gets minutes to play.

Having said those, still didn't mean that you should go for any of them or are they players you need or do they fit to team, just pointed out couple that came to mind.

Don't know where you are basing those suckings for but all good, lots of room in the world for all kinds of opinions 

I think i only saw 1 match Coutinho played at BM but i don't consider 8+6 in 23 buli matches sucking, especially when many matches were not close to full minutes, but your standards must be higher then. And i see we are back to uncertain wages but the fact that he was willing to drop his salary to play at AV tells me nothing beyond negotiations when man wants to play.

Pretty sure Barca is paying the rest of his salary, don't you agree?

Coutinho in the Buli with Bayern in 19/20:

Goal+Assist vs Köln: 3:0 and 4:0

Goal+Assist vs Paderborn.

Assist vs Augsburg

Goal vs Düsseldorf: 4:0

3 goals and 2 assists in a 6-1 vs Bremen

Assist vs Smurfs: 5:0.

2 goals vs Hoffenheim in a 6-0: 4:0 and 5:0.

Either garbage time goals or crappy opponents, often both. 

Origi scored 6 goals in his year with Wolfsburg. Simply look at the performance of Weghorst in Wolfsburg after that...

7 hours ago, WuDu said:

Origi scored 6 goals in his year with Wolfsburg

True, and 1+1 to help Wolfsburg stay at buli. I don't know was Origi the reason why they were in relegation zone at 17/18 and next year with Weghorst sixth or could have other team matter too but anyways, maybe some players just get better over time and not top of their game at 21 yo 😄

7 hours ago, WuDu said:

don't you agree?

Can't agree. https://www.90min.com/posts/how-philippe-coutinho-wages-paid-aston-villa-loan

7 hours ago, WuDu said:

Either garbage time goals or crappy opponents, often both.

Does that apply for other players too? Only match winners or goals against good teams count? Lets rewrite stats 😄 Besides Coutinho isn't suppose to be Haaland or Lewa, his strenghts and ability are different.

OK, Coutinho is playing for 16 M Euro a year, still too much. But I think this discussion is turning rather hypothetical.

We already have Süle, a player you must approve of, and Adeyemi is likely coming as well. If I'm honest, I think out of Dahoud/Brandt/Guerreiro at least 1 but realistically 2 have to leave the club. :classic_sad: Whether or not the bosses will make these tough cuts, I don't know.

Then we need to buy a pitbull for our defensive midfield (current status: non-existent) and add a left back as well.

I was just checking the odds for the game later today: Gladbach +1 at 1,75 is nice, the o/u for 3.00 goals hovers around 1,7/2,2. 🤯

Hypothetical this has been all along 🙂

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

We already have Süle, a player you must approve of, and Adeyemi is likely coming as well. If I'm honest, I think out of Dahoud/Brandt/Guerreiro at least 1 but realistically 2 have to leave the club. :classic_sad: Whether or not the bosses will make these tough cuts, I don't know.

Then we need to buy a pitbull for our defensive midfield (current status: non-existent) and add a left back as well.

Haven't seen that many matches or watched that carefully that i can comment your players much but doesn't Can fill dm position? He was ok in Liverpool. Don't remember him shining but on the other hand not failing either.

Bet some gold on RB [goals at half time which there wasnt any, thanks guys] and watched the half against mighty Wolfsberger and im again unimpressed by Adeyemi. He is not even that pacy cause had problems with defenders and his decision making is completely atrocious. Misplaced few easy passes, some bad first touches i mean if i had to pick worst player in Rb in that first half it would be him. They have big possession so he even maybe score in 2nd or twice whatever really. I dont think he is special, there are better players in Salzburg. Thats my 2 scouts cents 😂

Edited by jerry
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

I was just checking the odds for the game later today: Gladbach +1 at 1,75 is nice, the o/u for 3.00 goals hovers around 1,7/2,2. 🤯

6-0 in the end, Reus with 2 goals and 3 assists. You never know what you get with these guys. However to be fair, Gladbach had 4 open shots in the box in the first half and hit the bar early in the 2nd. After that 3-0, they just packed up. Bensebaini with -7 fantasy points. 🤢

Still, I don't see them advancing vs the Rangers.

Reyna and Zagadou both injured. Reyna probably for longer...:classic_sad:

7 hours ago, Livertool said:

Doesn't Can fill dm position? He was ok in Liverpool. Don't remember him shining but on the other hand not failing either.

Often injured, often needed elsewhere, often trying to play more offensively than he should. We need another one.

3 hours ago, jerry said:

Bet some gold on RB [goals at half time which there wasnt any, thanks guys] and watched the half against mighty Wolfsberger and im again unimpressed by Adeyemi. He is not even that pacy cause had problems with defenders and his decision making is completely atrocious. Misplaced few easy passes, some bad first touches i mean if i had to pick worst player in Rb in that first half it would be him. They have big possession so he even maybe score in 2nd or twice whatever really. I dont think he is special, there are better players in Salzburg. Thats my 2 scouts cents 😂

Wasn't Wolfsberg in 2nd place before this matchday? Red Bull is leading by far in Austria and the game against Bayern was exhausting, mentally and physically, so I wouldn't be too harsh here. 

• Like 1

The smell of Bundesliga is getting stronger and stronger. Pretty much a perfect round with Schalke being the only team in top 6 with a win. Not an amazing performance vs Paderborn and it hasn't exactly been impressive this year, but points are being collected so guess I shouldn't complain.

image.png.a6bbb8400ab7f4f5d18e54abb16e4150.png

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Yeah but if you scrape promotion playing like that you will end up like Greuther this season. Im all for Schalke in buli but think its too soon. You should focus on building a good team not advancing at all cost. And for what i have seen this team is really average. You got too many times saved by Terodde to be thinking about aufstieg. Lets say he is not here and you have someone with 5-8 goals instead. Can we say relegation battle? And if you really get the promotion we all now that Terodde is forgeting how to play ball in Buli 🤪 

50 minutes ago, jerry said:

Yeah but if you scrape promotion playing like that you will end up like Greuther this season. Im all for Schalke in buli but think its too soon. You should focus on building a good team not advancing at all cost. And for what i have seen this team is really average. You got too many times saved by Terodde to be thinking about aufstieg. Lets say he is not here and you have someone with 5-8 goals instead. Can we say relegation battle? And if you really get the promotion we all now that Terodde is forgeting how to play ball in Buli 🤪 

Think you're forgetting Schalke is no Sheikh team and don't have Tönnies involved anymore 😄

I don't disagree that Schalke would struggle with current squad in the Bundesliga, that should be obvious. However, it would definitely be best for the club to get promoted this season, the sponsorship and money situation taken into consideration 🙂  Terodde made a huge difference at the start of the season but in 2022 he hasn't done much.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

2 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Not an amazing performance

Didn't grab in to this last time you mentioned it but twice is too much. When was the last time you can honestly say it was amazing 😂

Obviously i'm not expert with smurf business but for some reason while ago i found myself reading article about Schalke debts and Tönnies (real fan of club for sure :D) and with that info, i got to agree with stubbe that it is do or die with promotion to get at least more money even if sportside ain't that good. I would imagine it is pretty hard to try to clear 200M debts playing in 2 bundesliga and same time build team ready for buli, it would probly take 10-20 years.

Solution maker (not divider like many seem to think🤫) as i am, how about this to ease situation for smurfs? Someone from poker team slips main event tikiet to my account and when i win, i'll loan money to smurfs with only half of interest that Tönnies took 🤑

• Haha 1