Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Im lost at that 375 number. Transfers were 100 maybe little more {and like i said earlier almost all paid themselves off], maybe that 200 was debts? If yes its virtually charity, dont understand why he is hated there? Isnt he like saving this sorry club?

For one i would not be sad if Hertha went into oblivion. Dont mind the team but just hate watching tv broadcast from their stadium 😉 Had the same thing with Highbury.

#metoo

A stupid stadium, an unenthusiastic fanbase and generally speaking, shit football being played. Reminds me a little about the old Olympic Stadium in Munich. Definitely no comparison to the Westfalenstadion or the Smurf-Stadium.

OK, I went through the numbers. Roughly 100 M for transfers, also, they used the money to pay off debt. 

https://www-kicker-de.translate.goog/hertha-zahlt-us-investor-kkr-712-millionen-euro-736005/artikel?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

In 2018, Hertha paid 71,2 M Euro to an American hedge fund with money they loaned themselves again. They probably have other debt as well. In addition to that, without the new investor they probably would have gone busto, so you can assume they were operating at a loss as well. Finally, 2 years of corona...

Having said that:

5 hours ago, Livertool said:

Yeah, took a look about their transfers and don't quite add up. Maybe someone took their cut and now drinking white russians at bahamas 😄

I think that's also possible. Hertha is the Brocky of the Bundesliga, them going down would provide great entertainment to me! 🤣

The BVB is playing Bielefeld on Sunday and doesn't have any defenders or strikers left. Out are:

Haaland, Moukoko and Tigges! Meunier and Guerreiro (corona) are missing on the defensive wings. Hummels (corona) is out, Akanji and Zagadou are coming back from injuries and are out/doubtful.  Reyna is out and Reus hasn't practiced over the last 2 days! 👍

• Haha 3
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

They said its first tier reporting Haaland and they promising him later safe passage to Real 😆 so who really knows. Probably City in pole position for now. Him to Barca would be more or less for sports reasons perfect but first Barca needs to plug the defensive holes and two there really was no time when tall striker was a hit there. Even Ibrahimovic was very dissapointing there. Maybe cause of little dictator but i also think their game doesnt complement Haaland. 

BTW I will not be amazed if this summer Haaland and also Salah join City 😁 

• Haha 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Hopefully fake news, Spain would be much better option for him with warmer weather, less injury time, more goals 😋

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10604175/Manchester-City-deal-place-seal-blockbuster-signing-Erling-Haaland.html

The Daily Fail reporting?

Well, it seems that he's on the gameday roster tomorrow, probably getting subbed on in the second half.

Also, Soumaila Coulibaly, whom we stole from PSG, might get the start tomorrow and his first action with the pros.

image.png.baaccc9ab135a316eec5f660923a475c.png

Stuttgart now winning points late twice in a row and the old Sosa-Kalajdzic connection seems to be online again!

RIP Hertha! #BringBackPal

Berlin's next matches are against Hoffenheim, Leverkusen and struggling Union! 😰

Then it's relegation duels against direct opponents, where they probably have to play to win: Augsburg, Stuttgart, Bielefeld. 🥶

They finish the season against Mainz and the BVB. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

10 hours ago, jerry said:

Salah join City 😁 

This summer? Not a chance.

If he don't sign new contract, 2023 he is free to go where ever he wants but he is already 31 then so even he still has potentially few years of playing at top form left, i think it is safe to say that he won't get any better, peak has been reached and only matter of time when it becomes downhill.

With mature and professional agent like this, i wouldn't be surprised if Salah don't extend contract but it is what it is if money is all that matters, good riddance 😄

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/03/contract-rejected-salahs-agent-puts-pressure-on-with-fabrizio-romano-exclusive/

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 3:25 PM, jerry said:

It really feels more and more that Hertha will be relegated. Im fairly sure that with Dardai they would sit comfortably in 10/11 place. Diffrence between them and Union, Mainz, Bochum, Koeln is really only coach. They have one, and Hertha none. Just like Wolfsburg...

I agree. They kicked the coach (Dardai) who always saved the team from relegation. Big applause!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

This summer? Not a chance.

Realistically if he go for free he have maybe 4 options. PSG for Mbappe, ManCity, Newcastle and ManU. City is a fav for me, they will shuffle Jesus/Sterling off and bring Salah. Still think the biggest chance he will extend but like i said it will not surprise me one bit.

Yep, Hertha is down. Next matches are brutal and the only chance is hiring [VERY] competent manager and i dont think there is one on market now. I know Piatek was bad there but it seems it was mistake getting rid of him as he was the only competent striker out there. His few goals could make some diffrence. I think it will be how it is now, Greuther, Stuttgart and Hertha. Maybe Hertha have a shot for play-off spot since Stuttgart will not getting a lot of points either.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

On 3/6/2022 at 10:01 PM, WuDu said:

Updated 2. Bundesliga standings:

image.png.8330daef3893175da317d7da01451d1d.png

The smurfs are now 6 points behind 3rd place, with just 9 games left to play. Today they fired coach Grammozis!

Fc Schalke 04 Coach GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Too bad Kohfeldt is keeping his job with Wolfsburg, he would have been the "perfect" coach for the smurfs next season.

Four points behind first 😉 Decent first game after Grammozis. It's no secret I've always been in the more patient camp of Schalke supporters, when it comes to coaches. I for instance really liked Tedesco and never thought he should have been let go so quickly - a really good first season inspired unrealistic expectations for the following, which is literally the most Schalke type of thing...
Grammozis on the other hand I was never a big fan of and I think he should have been let go a while ago. The new management has overall been decent so I'm hopeful a good coach will be found for the next Bundesliga season.

Next week we've got Hannover at home. Has to be 3 points

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

9 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Last minute 20€ bet to Bielefeld just cause i saw Dortmund crappy lineup 😄

Almost turned off the laptop myself when I saw it a few minutes ago...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

Highly over estimated Bielefeld's ability to play football. With that energy and pace they wouldn't even win grannies with rollators (aka Schalke) 😛

Bielefeld also with a bunch of corona cases! Speaking of which, Mainz 05, the team that from now on is only going to sign vaccinated players, now with their 2nd missed game in a row!

Donald Trump Laugh GIF by Election 2020

The BVB with a boring 1:0 after having 2 weeks to prepare, I cannot wait until this season is over!

Korkut has been fired and replaced by.......................................

Felix Magath zu FC Fulham: Englische Presse mit Häme

Oh Lord, another great coach who has been ruined by the Smurfs! 

Laugh Lol GIF by The Smurfs

I always liked him, however let's see if his boomer methods of making his players run in practice till the first one pukes still work in March of 2022 with Hertha Berlin! 

Florian Wirtz with a torn ACL in the game vs Köln today...

Mad Come On GIF by UEFA

Such a great player and now this...

Edited by WuDu
  • Sad 1

Too many games for young body and he will now spiral from injury to injury. Isnt it?

Feel like young players needs to be more protected. When in Poland some young guy appear he is involved in domestic cup, league, national team, u21 and if he is younger other u's and in short time he is barely alive. Where the training, where the rest time? From all talents i think only Bellingham is more or less healthy but probably not for long. Reyna doesnt even play a lot and his body shutting him off. Pulisic is disabled, Haaland close 🤪, i still didnt see Moukoko in action and those are only Dortmund hopefulls. When the world will notice? I really think only when footballers start to die on the field...

Wirtz have league, domestic cup, Europa, Flick gang, i tell you its definately too much games for him.

Get rid of domestic cups, trim the leagues to 20-18, stop with 2year world cup nonsense and stop adding more teams to the euro/world cup. Also trim the eliminations getting rid of all those stupid games against Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar. Those teams never will be better.

Do you know new Champions League format? 😆💣

Przechwytywaniesss.PNG

BTW Hertha with some chances now. Wasnt Magath retired ? 😁

Edited by jerry

Magath... Kinda missed him in the Bundesliga 😄 Definitely adds a bit of color to the league and looking forward to follow what chaos this will bring.

For the record I think Magath did many - or at least some - things right at Schalke and signing Raul will always be something special (Huntelaar a pretty amazing transfer as well), but he definitely has his flaws as a manager in this day and age 😄  Maybe his years in retirement has softened him a bit 🙃

5 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Magath... Kinda missed him in the Bundesliga 😄 Definitely adds a bit of color to the league and looking forward to follow what chaos this will bring.

For the record I think Magath did many - or at least some - things right at Schalke and signing Raul will always be something special (Huntelaar a pretty amazing transfer as well), but he definitely has his flaws as a manager in this day and age 😄  Maybe his years in retirement has softened him a bit 🙃

🤣 Then you don't need to hire him at all.

Found and developed Edin Dzeko in Wolfsburg, Joel Matip in Schalke, Kuranyi and Hleb in Stuttgart, plus many other lesser known players.

My favourite Magath story I heard today was when he "invited" the Wolfsburg team to an afternoon excursion during summer preparation and labeled it an afternoon walk with a subsequent coffee break. So the team arrives at the mountain location in Switzerland:

Mountain Niesen - View from Merligen Thunersee.jpg

However instead of taking the gondola up to the restaurant and enjoy the view, the team had to take the steps!

The longest stairway worldwide with 11.674 steps, 3400 m distance and 1669 m altitude difference!

The Longest Staircase in the World – Mt Niesen ...

🤣

image.png.50fabfd097476c31ab3de84dbbe1202d.png

The first group of players arriving at the top then stormed the restaurant and practically plundered the displayed cakes with their bare hands...😁

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 3

Great atmosphere in Frankfurt, however they're playing again on Sunday at 3:30 PM in Leipzig. No way they're up for that game after 120 minutes, so you might want to place your bets accordingly. Red Bull -1 maybe?

Also nice to see that Ansgar Knauff is having an impact in Frankfurt and still playing in the Euroleague while the BVB isn't! Thanks Marco Rose! 😡

Thanks Bochum fans:

image.png.aaeb10723665017ffec3df4d4868e8ff.png

Hopefully my points count!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Another great football week. Now one point from direct promotion. Top game between Werder and Darmstadt this evening. With Dresden next week I can already smell that beautiful 2nd spot

Werder, Darmstadt and Nürnberg all with one additional match. HSV is about to fall apart again it seems. Magath bringing back Hertha from the dead, even coaching from his hotel room:

image.png.d0f27de984e2b9af9eef99e9906c25aa.png

Stuttgart now turned the 3rd game in a row in the final minutes!

26 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Werder, Darmstadt and Nürnberg all with one additional match. HSV is about to fall apart again it seems. Magath bringing back Hertha from the dead, even coaching from his hotel room:

image.png.d0f27de984e2b9af9eef99e9906c25aa.png

Stuttgart now turned the 3rd game in a row in the final minutes!

"Er weiß, wo das Tor steht"

Always thought this was such a weird compliment but Terodde stays Royal Blue for another year. Blau und weiss ein Leben lang

2 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

"Er weiß, wo das Tor steht"

Always thought this was such a weird compliment but Terodde stays Royal Blue for another year. Blau und weiss ein Leben lang

#Sad 

Wasn't that a player option after 25 games? 

🤣

The BVB however knows how to clean house: Bürki to St Louis, Witsel likely gone, Akanji seems to be headed to ManUnited (not going to jinx it), Reinier and Pongracic also gone. With Haaland likely to leave as well, that's 30 M Euro in saved salaries so far! 

Next on the list Hazard, Brandt, Can...

Excited Borussia Dortmund Sticker by Bundesliga

Maybe after Sule there is new idea and they will try to recruit some winners there that will challenge Bayern. Now there is talk about Isco. IMO he is done at top level, and never been that good to start with and he will be commanding top wage. So, potential problem 😆 Mazraoui most likely not coming [Barca?] so it will be very interesting who will come other than kids. That Burki transfer is very weird cause one thing that MLS have in abundance are good goalkeepers.

On 3/17/2022 at 11:41 PM, WuDu said:

Great atmosphere in Frankfurt, however they're playing again on Sunday at 3:30 PM in Leipzig. No way they're up for that game after 120 minutes, so you might want to place your bets accordingly. Red Bull -1 maybe?

So much for that...

Great game and atmosphere in Cologne right now! If Baumgart keeps having his team play at that kind of level, it's only a matter of time until the better teams in the league start knocking on his door.

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Maybe after Sule there is new idea and they will try to recruit some winners there that will challenge Bayern. Now there is talk about Isco. IMO he is done at top level, and never been that good to start with and he will be commanding top wage. So, potential problem 😆 Mazraoui most likely not coming [Barca?] so it will be very interesting who will come other than kids. That Burki transfer is very weird cause one thing that MLS have in abundance are good goalkeepers.

Have not heard anything like that. Would also make zero sense. Gündogan however...The next ones on the list are probably Schlotterbeck and Adeyemi. Also don't forget the youth team, Bynoe-Gittens is moving up in the summer, he could be the next Sancho...

• 2 weeks later...