The poker chit chat

JeppeL

13 hours ago, Estzen said:

@FreedoM@WuDu

I'd encourage Freedom to take time and learn from anyone whos better. 

To guys like WuDu I say that, while there sure are clickbait pointless developers who dont have necessarily the best knowledge, or sometimes people "lack skills for teaching" (even tho they are exceeding compentant players, but not so good at exceeding stuff.) With figuring things out on your own, is really not entirely, but usually a pretty stupid idea. 

The reason people who have used training sites and wont exceed is usually not becuase its a some bs, but rather that it takes much more effort and devotion like dedication, with very good stress tolerance included into this commiment. And if people cannot handle one of these areas, they will just NEVER MAKE IT. 

Figuring things out on your own, referred to the quality of coaching content, not making up theories on your own.

Generally speaking, if someone is so good at poker that he's giving away advice and being paid to do so directly or indirectly, why is he spending time away from the poker tables? That's something everybody should keep in mind, consuming any type of coaching content. Thus the need to evaluate every advice on your own. The coaching videos @FreedoM mostly posts here don't seem to be of high quality, especially the last one.

Like I mentioned before, the best way to improve your game is to have a strategy that caters to your own strengths and then try to incorporate small pieces of advice.  

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

9 hours ago, WuDu said:

Figuring things out on your own, referred to the quality of coaching content, not making up theories on your own.

Generally speaking, if someone is so good at poker that he's giving away advice and being paid to do so directly or indirectly, why is he spending time away from the poker tables? That's something everybody should keep in mind, consuming any type of coaching content. Thus the need to evaluate every advice on your own. The coaching videos @FreedoM mostly posts here don't seem to be of high quality, especially the last one.

Like I mentioned before, the best way to improve your game is to have a strategy that caters to your own strengths and then try to incorporate small pieces of advice.  

That was very true in the old era, but nowadays its a totally flawed thinking. It was the same simplistic mindset that suggested, that after people start streaming at twitch, everyone will become totally exploitable by it. 

There are many reasons why giving out knowledge is actually benefitial. 1. First of all, people who wont work hard enought will never catch your own learning curve. 2. Teaching something builds your own neural networks and makes you much better in already known concepts too. 3. Collective knowledge and discussion builds new information by interaction - that knowledge is benefictial to everyone.(who has a working mindset ofc.) 4. Buisness gives you much steady income to your poker side and is a good value to have at the same time, since its linked into game and remains "interconnected activity". Could come up with some reasons more... but I'd just end by sayng that being paranoid and being constructively sceptical are not the same thing. 

Edited by Estzen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Estzen said:

That was very true in the old era, but nowadays its a totally flawed thinking. It was the same simplistic mindset that suggested, that after people start streaming at twitch, everyone will become totally exploitable by it. 

There are many reasons why giving out knowledge is actually benefitial. 1. First of all, people who wont work hard enought will never catch your own learning curve. 2. Teaching something builds your own neural networks and makes you much better in already known concepts too. 3. Collective knowledge and discussion builds new information by interaction - that knowledge is benefictial to everyone.(who has a working mindset ofc.) 4. Buisness gives you much steady income to your poker side 

Sure, if your poker income is 0, teaching money comes in handy, don't you agree?

Now to be clear, I think that there are some poker "personalities"/coaches that post interesting content on youtube. From time to time, I'm watching some videos myself. However I believe that these guys are the absolute minority! Whenever you have a business field that promises you fast, easy or a lot of money, while at the same time you have no real entrance barriers and accountability is also pretty low, you have scum flocking towards this field.  

It's very similar to people selling betting tips, giving stock/crypto advice or player agents in professional sports; trying to use the greed of people to their advantage.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Also don’t forget the entertainment value when people post videos on YouTube or stream on twitch etc. I’m sure some people follow these channels just to watch it like they would watch any other sport.

And lots will be micro players too even for the same reasons, watching for entertainment as why wouldn’t you watch someone playing the highest stakes/biggest buy in MTT’s online making you dream about it that maybe one day it could be you lol. 

Imo there is a lot more decent free material out there nowadays but obviously just watching it is not going to make you a crusher. And why do people move into coaching or making videos? Just because as said a steadier income but also not everyone wants to keep grinding 10h a day and some people enjoy teaching others.

And not that I know a lot about The Wakko but he seems a competent player and that video that was posted here is just promoting his own CFP site. Kinda normal some videos are of no real value as they run a business now and want to attract people to their product so they can take your monies 😄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Sure, if your poker income is 0, teaching money comes in handy, don't you agree?

Now to be clear, I think that there are some poker "personalities"/coaches that post interesting content on youtube. From time to time, I'm watching some videos myself. However I believe that these guys are the absolute minority! Whenever you have a business field that promises you fast, easy or a lot of money, while at the same time you have no real entrance barriers and accountability is also pretty low, you have scum flocking towards this field.  

It's very similar to people selling betting tips, giving stock/crypto advice or player agents in professional sports; trying to use the greed of people to their advantage.

NO I dont, because compentance can be proven by statistics. I think you naivly paranoid because you havent been able to reach over the top. And you conclude that it must be others fault not yours. 

However I believe that these guys are the absolute minority! Whenever you have a business field that promises you fast, easy or a lot of money, while at the same time you have no real entrance barriers and accountability is also pretty low, you have scum flocking towards this field.  

I dont think people who are world class crushers are somekind of minority... And compentant guys usually dont tell you that you become world class pro over night. Its rather amateurs own perspective that is usually so much dunning-kruggered that they think, that get there - easier than it seems. 

All other kinds of gambling sell-outs are complitely opposite fields and are uncompareable to poker. 

If we look Chess promotions in coachings and stuff, in some clip sure it gets a bit marketed and its "easyness" is inflated with emotion in a particular marketing clip, but that doesnt mean that payng these coaches wont actually make someone a better player its rather the complite opposite, those who dont put their own hand into it, wont improve as quickly than those who pay for their learnings. 

Then it can also be the case, that for some people, they just are unable to handle it... and their unable to face the fact that they cannot handle it. Real hard truth. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Estzen said:

I think you naivly paranoid because you havent been able to reach over the top. And you conclude that it must be others fault not yours. 

Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

Didn't I just mention that, barring a few exceptions, I don't really rely on coaching content at all?

10 hours ago, Estzen said:

NO I dont, because compentence can be proven by statistics.

image.thumb.png.f25a39c7bae7944b88d9828c84af1883.png

🙂

image.thumb.png.21e816e1516669a939d60d6f97825104.png

You gotta be kidding me, I'm getting strong "tactical soap" vibes here:

image.thumb.png.1e56b9d522de36c69f607fdd93d38598.png

😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Unibet, time to give this man a deal!

@Livertool

How much and what are you going to do with it?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Unibet, time to give this man a deal!

Totally agree 😄

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

How much and what are you going to do with it?

Like Trump, i´m going to invest  and win win win so much that i´m tired of winning 🙂

2 hours ago, Pionrj said:

That's a weird last hand. Did he shove the flop? 

Thought so too. I played well as far as i can remember but last table is really blurry because of kossu. I was all in preflop in that hand so who knows wtf i was thinking 🤣 Stealing blinds maybe?????

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Thought so too. I played well as far as i can remember but last table is really blurry because of kossu. I was all in preflop in that hand so who knows wtf i was thinking 🤣 Stealing blinds maybe?????

Unibet deal off.

• Haha 3

This must be the most ffk up poker soft I have played.looks like it doesn't matter the skills,but only the good run. I have seen this player @Pipcorn on many tourneys and still the same good run he had despite been a cracked head player.

ON the flop had been served with straight:he raised, I reraised 3* times the pot about 1200 and went all in in hope for a str8 and the 7 did the split.

Second:all in with a pl,he got served again.

And third time again raising and rerasing on the flop he went all in and got the rescue A.

THis Unibet RNG is just unreal,maybe your player trafic went pretty down because your insane RNG.

Screenshot_20220116-223903.png

Screenshot_20220116-223926.png

Screenshot_20220116-223824.png

• Haha 1

I just leave that here:

image.thumb.png.9d30f6d90f689a8ee056afd18b1c800e.png

Watching I See You GIF by Arrow Video

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by Laff

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

homeless GIF

• Haha 1

random stuff, should put on the betting chit chat,but before i forget this renegade racehorse
The thing got spooked by bear or whatever and after realizing the same safety standards that should keep it in, doesnt protect it anyway, i guess 😕
next move, rampage and total mayhem towards man made limits 😎
no clue tho, it's a freakin horse
https://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005692347.html

Gotta admit the horse might have some personal agenda towards peoples zones of somekind 🤔
Nothing goes on a strict rampage without a reason like that
hope the vids can be found

Edited by Rushbie
  • Like 1