The poker chit chat

JeppeL

JT suited plays good against a random shoving range. There is no icm pressure. If you want to win a tourney you need to take these kind of shots. Granted, it's always better to shove than to call, but sb vs bb JTs with the chance to go from <8bb to 20bb-ish should be ev+. The money is at the top, not the mincashes...

9 hours ago, Pionrj said:

I think that's about break even call. Might be slightly +ev, but this all comes just down if you want to take a flip. Reg should be shoving all A and K-highs and small pairs. Maybe some QJ also. You are very rarely a clear fav here.

More like any Queen in this scenario 😉...I mean, he could also shove with 74s or 76o for example.

Plus I mentioned that the player in question was already tagged by me as being aggressive.

3 hours ago, waffel said:

JT suited plays good against a random shoving range. There is no icm pressure. If you want to win a tourney you need to take these kind of shots. Granted, it's always better to shove than to call, but sb vs bb JTs with the chance to go from <8bb to 20bb-ish should be ev+. The money is at the top, not the mincashes...

Actually, I like this answer the best. 10 BB and 8 players left doesn't sound like pressure, but you mustn't forget that the whole table picture can change quickly if one small stack kicks out another small stack or when the blinds increase.

So calling an AI in this situation is not ideal, but probably the right thing to do. The SB had A9o and held up.

image.png.aceb53e52e55f67320a5104904062aa0.png

Almost 48 % chance for me.

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

Callers noobs, folders pros. Fine line yet significant 💪

Martial Arts Reaction GIF by Arrow Video

• Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu I somehow managed to miss the "aggro donk" part first time and read only the "reg". JTs is easy shove blind vs blind, but I'd still think about the call. If you feel like everyone is playing decent(ish) then that's probably a call you have to take at some point. As it is slightly +ev there. But most of the field being about tied you'd still have a change to wait a better spot.

10 hours ago, Pionrj said:

@WuDu I somehow managed to miss the "aggro donk" part first time and read only the "reg". JTs is easy shove blind vs blind, but I'd still think about the call. If you feel like everyone is playing decent(ish) then that's probably a call you have to take at some point. As it is slightly +ev there. But most of the field being about tied you'd still have a change to wait a better spot.

@Pionrj

Actually, that's my way of thinking as well and that's why I feel that this hand is so interesting because it's really tough to say. For instance, If the SB is a player that walked me a few times (or in the past), I would have folded. But my charts say that this is even a call against a button shove. 😳

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

19 hours ago, WuDu said:

@Pionrj

Actually, that's my way of thinking as well and that's why I feel that this hand is so interesting because it's really tough to say. For instance, If the SB is a player that walked me a few times (or in the past), I would have folded. But my charts say that this is even a call against a button shove. 😳

Purely chip ev 10bb deep it's still a +ev call vs btn also. Checked that just from solver. If you there's any ICM involved it's 100% fold. So 8 left, 6 with same stacks and 4 ITM it's somewhere in the middle. But you had reads on the Villain, so it should be a good call then. 

13 hours ago, P0kerM0nk said:

@Andy-Unibet Just to confirm, when playing with a cash game ticket bought in the bonus shop, can you clear a playthrough bonus at the same time whilst using these tickets or do you need to use your 'own' cash?

@P0kerM0nk

I've bought the odd playthrough bonus while using a cash game ticket, no problem. 🎫

• Thanks 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@Andy-Unibet Can you please revive my 10e Supernova ticket? Had one table left to play and was messing with lobby and accidently unregistered from UOS event [i dont even know what i tried to do, seeing who registered maybe]. Ticket had 26.02 expiration date. Usually im a lot more carefull with that. Thank you.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist