The poker chit chat

JeppeL

On 4/10/2022 at 12:07 PM, byhosb said:

Hello,

What is the right game in this hand?

Black Hole, ITM, 25 left. 

F576AB90-5814-4E0F-93C9-B8AB8E4551BE.thumb.jpeg.c9073bc56964f7bfd3f467090157e95a.jpeg

It's close. You are behind, but even if he has KK QQ even Ax you can still call because of all the dead money, because the thing is the other two probably won't get involved. If they call multiple way (like AJ, TT fex) you're pretty much screwed. But seeing your stack you're deadlast, wont have much time anymore. ICM is also non-existent at this point.

Edited by waffel
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 1:07 PM, byhosb said:

Hello,

What is the right game in this hand?

Black Hole, ITM, 25 left. 

F576AB90-5814-4E0F-93C9-B8AB8E4551BE.thumb.jpeg.c9073bc56964f7bfd3f467090157e95a.jpeg

With the possibility of nutflush(if multiway), at this stackdepth I wouldnt be thinking about "us getting dominated" . I'd be much more worried about folding a hand that is too strong to fold at such stack depth... so even tho we dont like that situation, we probably just should go with it in non-ITM anyday.. 

17 hours ago, waffel said:

because of all the dead money

At the screenshot there's basically no dead money. There's still the opener and guy who flatted yet to act. At the best case scenario if we call here both of them fold which might give us about 30%. If one of them calls, we most likely have 10-20%. Even tho this is a strong hand to fold, we are so rarely winning that max tanking+fold give us more ev with the possible prize jump than calling. Pure blind vs blind it's an easy call.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

At the screenshot there's basically no dead money. There's still the opener and guy who flatted yet to act. At the best case scenario if we call here both of them fold which might give us about 30%. If one of them calls, we most likely have 10-20%. Even tho this is a strong hand to fold, we are so rarely winning that max tanking+fold give us more ev with the possible prize jump than calling. Pure blind vs blind it's an easy call.

I doubt we can fold at 5 handed. Maybe its notable at 9 handed.. . Better players would also recognize that the SB can 3bet wider here vs LP openers because he knows, that LP is already opening wider because of the short-stack(us) on the BB . BTN calling, gives a very good squeeze opportunity. If this would be SB 3beting vs EP, sure - we may be talking about folds(maybe...) ... also the squeeze size I dont like, its too small, and should be more like 10-11bb here - probably shoving is even better. Which would change a stuff in good player range <- it would basically stronger his range to very strong because he is essentially "wanting people to call if he is using such sizing there suddenly" .  ... Of course people probably do not think in such level, which makes calling again much better because then their actually not so strong probably. .. So yeah.. 

1 minute ago, Estzen said:

I doubt we can fold at 5 handed. Maybe its notable at 9 handed.. . Better players would also recognize that the SB can 3bet wider here vs LP openers because he knows, that LP is already opening wider because of the short-stack(us) on the BB . BTN calling, gives a very good squeeze opportunity. If this would be SB 3beting vs EP, sure - we may be talking about folds(maybe...) ... also the squeeze size I dont like, its too small, and should be more like 10-11bb here - probably shoving is even better. Which would change a stuff in good player range <- it would basically stronger his range to very strong because he is essentially "wanting people to call if he is using such sizing there suddenly" .  ... Of course people probably do not think in such level, which makes calling again much better because then their actually not so strong probably. .. So yeah.. 

E. Here is what GTOWizard thinks about this spot. I just noticed it's 10bb effective, but I don't think it will change that much. And without ICM.

611927510_Screenshot2022-04-13110504.thumb.png.2e3804257d46ae27d2a0bb4e22292cf9.png

5 minutes ago, Estzen said:

LP is already opening wider because of the short-stack(us) on the BB . BTN calling, gives a very good squeeze opportunity.

This is very true. But when we have an average stack squeezing small against bigger stacks with the ICM, we can't really trust on the folds there. Not on Unibet at least, where even "regs" are calling their KTo's on these spots. And in fact with our call we induce calls behind with semi trash hands because we make the price too good. I remember Waffel speaking about winning tournaments and at this point you shouldn't be thinking that at all. Even that one prize jump is a win here.

2 hours ago, Pionrj said:

This is very true. But when we have an average stack squeezing small against bigger stacks with the ICM, we can't really trust on the folds there. Not on Unibet at least, where even "regs" are calling their KTo's on these spots. And in fact with our call we induce calls behind with semi trash hands because we make the price too good. I remember Waffel speaking about winning tournaments and at this point you shouldn't be thinking that at all. Even that one prize jump is a win here.

I think its pretty similar to chipEV there with 5handed(blinds get distr, so fast into you again). Im gonna see what ICMizer thinks about in with cEV. 

I dont know what were your "GTOwizards assumptions, but these seem overly tight"  I wasnt able to check it 4-ways, but in a 3way scenario it was calling off both in equilibrium and also mine adjusted varient. 

image.thumb.png.0419c89df56e7a944de261adb4026dc0.png

I ll add once more - IF it would be 10 BB situation I would sure fold, because then it would make the situation much diffrent. Our stack depth at 10 BB vs 3bet struggles to call off like that for many reasons. 

1: We still have some fold equity with 10bb vs players.

2. We can find better RFI shoves than this call off multiway.

But the problem is, its not 10 bb. And its 5 handed. Waiting for a "strong hand" with folding is a road into the short-busts with no meaningful places by blinding out.  Every time we get to pay another ante, or blinds we lose part of valuable fold equity. 

And thats is also why GTOwizards range at 10 BB, is really not applicable to this situation. 

Edited by Estzen
forgot to add
  • Like 1