What TV Shows and Movies have you seen recently and recommend?

PunchFace

@Purps  👍

Man, Popeye really shows up in every documentary about Colombia...:laugh:

These ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries are very good and some episodes are excellent! Especially if you like to know about stories that go beyond sports (narco football :laugh: ) 

I saw that one years ago and it was really good! 👍

Other good episodes are the ones about how Donald Trump ruined the USFL in the 80s, the one about the Oakland Raiders leaving LA and of course "Once Brothers" about the basketball stars of former Yugoslavia during the civil war.

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

How could the '1775 revolutionary army 'took over airports'? Was it an insider joke? Please help me figuring this out @WuDu .

“Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory.”

Yesterdays news but i hadn't seen it and poker topic seemed interesting. Don't know would i recommend this as to me it wasn't nearly as good as reviews promised but i guess alright cause it is based irl. Maybe the bummer was that movie was more about her than actually poker. Then again 99% of poker films sucks so maybe it was better this way. Mixed feelings :laugh: I also read that she were in UO Bucharest so maybe someone in community has meet her

Spolier alert:

I also read some "outstanding" comments of this film in some womens magazine review. It was finnish, went something like this:

"after #metoo campaign, you can only wonder why there ain't any hint of sexual harrashment in the movie. Players were eminent and intoxicated, games organized at night so hardly unlikely that she would have only get date requests and not harrashment at all" :Rofl::Rofl::Rofl: So if no harrashment happened, they still should have put it in there :Puking: Lets all hate men, shall we?
Another thing that there were some gaps in there or then i wasn't paying enough tention. I mean FBI arrested her after surveillance with huge crowd of agents but they didn't search her appartment for computer, phone, harddrives... Just bad work from FBI or did they use little bit clour pen to make story more interesting???

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

DARK_Season_2_Poster_-_English

Just finished watching season 2 and this show is getting better and better! So if you want to get the foul taste of GoT out of your mouth, I'd recommend to rewatch season 1 and then season 2, otherwise, things might get a little too complicated! Similar to season 1, season 2 starts off a little slowly but then picks up the pace massively towards the end, to finish with some sick heel turns and a final episode that leaves you wondering what's going on...

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Watched this one yesterday, kind of liked it...can't say I was blown away by it and the twist at the ending was expected.

What I liked about it is that it gives an insight on contemporary goals in terms of neuro science, I've been following the project below for a while and if they do pull it off, dang...imagine the possibilities

• Like 1
Former Community Moderator

The older, original version of Death Wish with Kevin Bacon was bit better imo, @Livertool :atisfied:

This was surely interesting to watch, quick two hours. 👍 As a fan of all kinds of documentaries, that is about the online privacy and how one can't just frigging do all stuff without TOR, VPN and blockers, or scrambling the data other ways.
(Stopped pretty much all social media stuff a long time ago, and haven't regretted or missed a thing that i'd need in those :laugh: FB is there tho, published alot of stuff before, but wont do a thing in those except reading couple times a year anymore. Friends can be contacted without those with other more private ways.. 😏 )

Also even @WuDu might get little something about the elections of USA :Wink:

• Like 2

You mean Bronson @Rushbie 😉

Yeah, originals are better almost always. This one just had so bad reviews all over the place so thought i mentioned it is not THAT bad :) At least i enjoyed it, even the violence/grossss staff in it. Funny imo but maybe i am just psychopath :scared::laugh:

• Like 1

Some decent flicks to recovery-pack from hangover, that aren't complete waste of time 😃

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6195094/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2377322/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7784604/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

(ok the last one is way overrated imo, but my overconsumption of horror during the years might affect the opinion.. :Geek:)

@Rushbie wrote:

The older, original version of Death Wish with Kevin Bacon was bit better imo, @Livertool :atisfied:

This was surely interesting to watch, quick two hours. 👍 As a fan of all kinds of documentaries, that is about the online privacy and how one can't just frigging do all stuff without TOR, VPN and blockers, or scrambling the data other ways.

(Stopped pretty much all social media stuff a long time ago, and haven't regretted or missed a thing that i'd need in those :laugh: FB is there tho, published alot of stuff before, but wont do a thing in those except reading couple times a year anymore. Friends can be contacted without those with other more private ways.. 😏 )

Also even @WuDu might get little something about the elections of USA :Wink:

I'm pretty sure far left Netflix has no ulterior motive here...

GIF-o-rly-really-skeptical-yeah-right-GIF

Having said that:

Alexa-listen-users-having-sex-audio-heard-Amazon-staff-whistleblower-claims.html

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

Having said that:

Alexa-listen-users-having-sex-audio-heard-Amazon-staff-whistleblower-claims.html

Ah yeah, but don't worry, it's perfectly inevitable thing to have a mic in your house. So apparently due to general logic of masses seeking comfort.. it's perfectly alright! :Veryhappy:

In the future Unibet will too have it's own improved methods of collecting and analyzing player profiles a whole lot deeper and better ways :Laugh:

I usually don't watch new movies but this one looks great:

Also once somebody of you watched this show, could you report back here? I'm interested in it, however only if there's no leftist bias in it. Otherwise I'll skip, of course. Stupid Seth McFartlane in the trailer is almost too much already :Laugh: :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6821044/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

• 1 month later...

One for you @pinki @MetalWolf and all of you that like fishing.

As a refreshing change from more and bigger explosions, louder and faster car chases, and bloodier and grislier killings, I can recommend a gentler paced series on BBC iplayer,  "Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing."  Just two old friends enjoying a bit of travel, some cooking, a bit of fishing and each others company. Very relaxing. 👍

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

One for you @pinki @MetalWolf and all of you that like fishing.

As a refreshing change from more and bigger explosions, louder and faster car chases, and bloodier and grislier killings, I can recommend a gentler paced series on BBC iplayer,  "Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing."  Just two old friends enjoying a bit of travel, some cooking, a bit of fishing and each others company. Very relaxing. 👍

Cheers Griz I'll take a look. Not a film or series but on the subject of relaxing I have taken to playing my 4 year old sons game Minecraft. So peaceful and creative 🤣

As for series there is a few things I'm watching and not finishing, but I am waiting for Vikings Season 6 on Nov 28th.

• Like 1

@MetalWolf  My grandson loves Minecraft buy it's not something I've really got into. I do like my big blockbusters but enjoy "true" story films and a step down in pace now and then. Everything just has to get bigger and noisier nowadays to grab attention but a change of pace is quite refreshing.:atisfied:

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Livertool@Rushbie @Purps 

What's your opinion on this show? Better than the 8,3 rating or not?

Tuntematon sotilas 

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

Tuntematon sotilas 

Haven't seen it. What i heard, it does honor the original movie which i have seen about 30 times and is probly most watched film in Finland (cause they air it every year at independence day). So story is great and quite realistic and characters are too.

That is ofc from finnish view, how well it works for foreigners is another story :Smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@WuDu wrote:

Tuntematon sotilas 

51Z%2B6h4iMEL._SX342_

I finally watched the whole mini-series and I have to say that it's really, really great. So in case anybody of you likes war dramas based on historical events, this is definitely what you're looking for! There's no real storyline driving forward the action, it's more like observing in my mind, similar to The Wire. The war scenes are outstanding as well, you feel like you're right in the middle of Call of Duty: Karelia Campaign.

Despite that it's a Finnish movie/series, it doesn't look cheap at all. And in contrast to most of the Hollywood trash, the action and its characters are realistic, so sometimes people will die and nobody's bulletproof.

Check it out!

• Like 2