What TV Shows and Movies have you seen recently and recommend?

PunchFace

@WuDu wrote:

ed36c5dd002c8ed232755a536966fadb

I know, I know, this show is from Germany, however this one is really, really good. Interesting story, solid actors and really well produced. Enjoy it now and thank me later!

@RayL, you're a little late to the party! However it's funny how you and I almost have identical views on this show.

Hopefully, German producers grow themselves some balls, get ready to spend money and attract some quality writers in order to produce more shows like Babylon Berlin and Dark. Next up is "Das Boot"! Looking forward to it...

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

Guys, the recommendations here are atrocious, so I'd like to raise the quality level a little again:

168789.jpg_image_scaler_300x0

If you like historical settings and interesting characters, this is it. Even if you're not watching in German, it's great entertainment.

I don't have Netflix but just noticed that this is starting on national channel this saturday. Seems interesting, although I'm not much into politics, so i hope it's not too much about that... Gotta give it a chance 👍

Thanks!

• Like 2

Just finished the first two episodes of Babylon Berlin.... quality confirmed 👍

Nice to see something this good coming from Germany. Last German shows I've watched before this were Derrick, Der Alte, Marienhof and Das Boot, so it was about time 🆒

• Like 1

bb.PNG.53d73ad495c054fb8f0e2212a767c33e.PNG

Das Boot was great, a new version is coming out this month!

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu thanks for recommendation Babylon Berlin ... interesting show so far ... Today  the last episode of the first season :)  after the second I'll write something ... but I can be wrong, so I'll wait until the end of the second series :Wonder:  if not we need a new thread for discussion :)

• Like 2
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@pinki

I've only watched season 1 so far. Maybe I'll start today with season 2. Sure, in a week or so open a topic for discussions, maybe I can answer some question, the show is pretty complicated even without the language barrier.

@WuDu with english subs ok.  I have a problem with the trotskyists  image in this show so far ... I do not like this :)  for me a communist is a communist, there is no whiter communists :)

• Like 1

@pinki wrote:

For me a communist is a communist, there is no whiter communists :)

That's my boy! 👍

There's only one way to deal with communists:Babylon-Berlin-TV-Show-Sky-5

But I don't think anyone of the Russians is being portrayed in a better light than the other side. Like one of the police officers said, "as long as they just kill each other, who cares?" And honestly, in this show, the borderline between "good" and "evil" is very, very fluid...

• Like 1

@WuDu  generally agree but i will wait with full opinion after second ;) this is small thing. 

The show is very good so far...  later I will look for one scene... it was brilliant :)bab1.png.d7cea77805fac195c5e1bf6eb9eaa4c3.png

ban2.png.01cd64798a9c27be341b5ebe9f828a34.png

bab3.png.1559013c9d0daa279cf2d1a07a552c9d.png

bab4.png.d7ee958952085de38a3794dca9d9c602.png

@WuDu sunny sunday at the lake;)  fun and joy around and these two:Veryhappy:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I finally watched the second season of Babylon Berlin and to me, this one was even better than the first. I'm not really sure how to feel about the final episode, though. I'm definitely looking forward to season 3...

So in the mean-time, Das Boot started today, heavily promoted by sky Deutschland. If the reviews are positive, I'll be watching in a few weeks. So to get ready for this new version, here's the best scene from the 1981 movie:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I am very sad about how Netflix decided to destroy House of Cards. 6th season should have never been made without Kevin Spacey, they should have cancelled it altogether.

By the way, original House of Cards UK was great too. The Crown is also great series.

Now watching oldie: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. While it's a cheap copy of Babylon 5, it's still very watchable.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, good news! They are currently shooting season 3 of Babylon Berlin and the new 12 epidsodes are going to be released next fall! I'll need my fix soon...

image-1213169-galleryV9-cixu-1213169

The sequel of Das Boot received bad grades on imdb, so I'll take a hard pass here. I was already on the fence due to the producers including storylines including female characters and the Resistance :Laugh: (doesn't make sense if you watched the movie). But OK, after Dark and Babylon Berlin, a miss was about to happen sooner or later.

Currently I'm watching:

d4fceadfcc7937aada4ee4925b8759aa

It's OK if nothing else is on, but nothing special! Too many plotholes and logical head-scratchers...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Watched Solo A Star Wars Movie last night and have to say I really enjoyed it. In case anyone hasn't seen it I won't give any spoilers.

What I'm really waiting for though is for the final season of Game of Thrones to start. I've got money on John Snow becoming the King of the seven Kingdoms so really hoping that
a) The white walkers get their asses handed to them.
b) Cersi Lannister gets her comeuppance (even if I do think she's hot lol)

Another series I really enjoyed was Westworld. Only trouble is I have no idea how season 2 ended. I recorded it on sky but forgot to click the Keep button so it auto deleted. I did catch the first half of the final episode. Might try to find it on you tube lol.

• Like 1

Time to give you guys another quality recommendation:

rmme18xkoxgjeaeoc31e

Really, really interesting, especially since the series is based on a true story. Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

• Like 2

@RayL wrote:

Seen it :) amazing one indeed @WuDu. Lately I am somehow drawn to these types of documentaries. Another one that I highly recommend is Evil Genius. Literally gave me chills.

Genious.PNG.26d2af6545d46ee59d9d35ab651a5852.PNG

Usually I don't watch docus on my laptop, I also think most Netflix content is trash and this show had a rather bad rating on imdb. So ususally I'd stay away, however due to your recommendation I watched. I think it was an OK documentary, maybe a little long in the end, 3 episodes, all of them a little more packed, would have been enough. Also, the most important question hasn't been answered. Why did they strap a real bomb to the pizza guy? Also, the bank heist was a total failure, so I'm not so sure why Marjerie is labeled a genius here...:Laugh:

• Like 1

Genious.PNG.6bcaa9196fe9ecfef0d75b1ee01cdecf.PNG

Surely if a criminal of any kind really was a "genius" we would never know because they would never have been caught. Maybe the only criminal in history that could be described as a genius, all be it twisted and deranged, would have to be Jack the Ripper as he was never caught or identified.

Sure, but my point was that the pizza guy with the bomb strapped to him, never even made it out of a nearby parking lot. How genius can you be when your plan leads you to not even have the money in your hands in the first place?

Kingdom_series

Kingdom. Historic, action, thriller, zombies from Korea. I've seen the first two episodes so far and I'm really impressed! Highly recommended! Great production, costumes, photography and an interesting story.

giphy