What TV Shows and Movies have you seen recently and recommend?

PunchFace

• 1 month later...

@RayL @WuDu @Livertool @GR1ZZL3R I will recommend you to watch two or three films. 

A few recommendations before watching, make a brief insight into the subject of the main character of these items. Check what in your countries the scientific circles in this matter say. Especially these  promoting early sex education in children, speaking 'early' - I mean really 'early'.   I was wondering whether to put this post in the thread 'has the world insane'. 

I think the order of viewing should be: 2004 film and then document. 

Long time ago I watched a movie with :wow: Liam Neeson :wow: about some zoologist Alfred Kinseyhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362269/?ref_=vp_back

7,0/10

46 378  :Waterfall:

Here is the hero of the day, in my opinion the best film of the last two decades, even because of a few minutes of certain things in this film shown. in particular the statements of people working with the hero of these films - considered the father of sex education.

I propose to concentrate there on the scraps of materials which people managed to reach - and treat other things as some people's emotional scream. 

Warning: at some moments when a man thinks about it I have the impression that I was in a black hole. This film should run for 2 weeks on public television in prime time.

Good luck and I guarantee you that the view on sexologists will change a little, remember for decades these people went out of school considering Kinsey as a pioneer in their field. 

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

• 1 year later...

Netflix documentary about Maradona coaching a 2nd division club in Mexico. Located in Sinaloa, the home of Chapo Guzman. :Laugh: Really entertaining, however also a little bit sad to see Maradona degenerate in front of everybody.

I never really liked Diego, a short, fat, uneducated, cheating druggie (don't know which of these attributes is the worst) and Netflix usually puts out low quality leftist trash (apart from a few exceptions) but this 7 part documentary is really good to watch. Check it out.

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Sorry, I don't follow traditional Finnish sports like auto racing, ski jumping, cross-country skiing and ice hockey. So I cannot tell much about Lewis Hamilton. except that this dude is as phoney as it gets. :laugh:

Speaking of Diego, I was too young when he was in his prime, I started following football with the world cup in Italy. Having said that, without football Maradona would have definitely ended up as a petty criminal getting stabbed to death in some prison shower at 30. :laugh: However individuals like that are great for entertainment. 

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 3 months later...

OK boyos, time for me to give you another recommendation:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12939836/

b2780x1450.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

If you're interested in modern German history that differs from Adolf, Babylon Berlin and the like, this is the real deal! Netflix is trash, as we all know, but this one is great quality. Check it out! 🍿

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let me introduce a couple of interesting documentaries to you; gullible investors/tech-cult/fraud-edition:

Hulu-WeWork-Documentary-Review.jpeg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11188154/

And another one:

220px-Out_for_Blood_in_Silicon_Valley.jp

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8488126/

Both of these clowns were massive frauds, the Wework guy made it out a billionaire and the Theranos girl married some rich dude afterwards....😅

• 3 months later...

Another fraud documentary recommendation from me:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.tmdb.org%2Ft%2Fp%2Fw342%2F7o5N411yRDcpWv9HSisdzq4ZLAg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Mormons running a ponzi scheme preying on gullible housewives selling leggins. It's quite interesting. But who wouldn't trust an entrepreneur like her?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.tmdb.org%2Ft%2Fp%2Foriginal%2FfT4lAy52END8FOygcIv5k76xt3m.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MjAweDY2Ni5qcGc

Squid game! Degenerates compete against each other for prize money.

A different idea with great characters, development and some violence. 👍

Not going to spoil anything or how it ends:

Spoiler

I think it's a really great show up until and including the Gganbu episode. The final 3 ones then drag out and it's obvious that they're trying to milk this for another season, which is pointless in my opinion.

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

MjAweDY2Ni5qcGc

Squid game! Degenerates compete against each other for prize money.

A different idea with great characters, development and some violence. 👍

Not going to spoil anything or how it ends:

Hide contents

I think it's a really great show up until and including the Gganbu episode. The final 3 ones then drag out and it's obvious that they're trying to milk this for another season, which is pointless in my opinion.

Stop watching that netflix, they are brainwashing you to democrat 🙈

• 3 weeks later...

nyet324-55_2021_164101.jpg?w=700&q=95

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14055432/

A really interesting and eye-opening 4 hour documentary about the "opioid-crisis" (heroin, morphine, oxycontin, fentanyl) in the US most of you probably heard about before. Basically giving you a good understanding about the rotten US society that made this whole mess possible. 

Starting from corrupt big pharma actively expanding the market for opiods, to doctors prescribing such medicine in exchange for paid speaking engagements, to politicians being paid off, to pharmacists selling the pills to questionable customers, to retarded patients thinking taking fentanyl lollipops against an ankle sprain is a good idea...

Probably a good watch ahead of your next half yearly corona shot as well...😁

• Thanks 2

@WuDu thanks for the recommendation. Putting in on to watch list.

Here in Bulgaria the things aren't much better - the ones in need are just treated like customers! The only substitute program is providing morphine long-release capsules(which are easily made into pure morphine and even into heroine(bit of a hassle, but the product is 100% and gets ~x20 cheaper ) by the ones entitled. The second one is the infamous methadone program which I think is more harmful, as the drug is even harder to quit than street heroine and may lead to overdose, as they give the doses for week in advance.

A friend of mine is paying a weekly tax(not very small one) and  IV-ing it as most of the others. Some of them even sell the capsules on the street in order to acquire cash for illegal drugs... After few weeks of stricter administration the addicts begin to receive all the capsules for a week and this often leads to abuse.

The whole situation almost worldwide is in favor of the pharma-mafia. The governments are into the scheme as well. There are well-known solutions which have/had great success in few countries, but they prefer to make laws for their own and pharmacies/programs benefit. As for the addicted, the only positive is that they aren't breaking the laws. Of course the taxes aren't affordable for ones with less than substantial income.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GothMoth said:

@WuDu thanks for the recommendation. Putting in on to watch list.

Here in Bulgaria the things aren't much better - the ones in need are just treated like customers! The only substitute program is providing morphine long-release capsules(which are easily made into pure morphine and even into heroine(bit of a hassle, but the product is 100% and gets ~x20 cheaper ) by the ones entitled. 

@GothMoth

I think what you're referring to is heroin substitutes for junkies, correct? Junkies using heroin, want to get off of it and then the pharma industry sells them methadone or other substitutes. However in the US, the situation is completely reverse when it comes to pain killer abuse. Often, these addicts started opioid treatments for legitimate reasons, then used too much for too long and are in parts switching from pain killers to heroin later on. Either because they cannot get the necessary prescriptions anymore or due to the costs.

What you are describing with the delayed release of the opioids was/is also happening in the US. As far as I understand it, junkies are getting their hands on oxycontin pills, scratch off the coating and then crush the rest of the pills to sniff them like cocaine or cook them up with water and inject like heroin.

Like I said, the documentary is really good, the whole drug abuse aspect is just one part of the puzzle:

Subsys = fentanyl. 

• Like 1

Yes they are substitute programs, but earning decent amount of money, while their help in term of harm prevention is doubtful. Especially the methadone one which practically makes you hooked for life. The main reason they are popular is the bad quality of street heroine in the past years.

@WuDu I'm familiar with the situation in US, but wanted to point out another example for pharmacy doing harm.

Yet another one:

Back in the days amphetamine was prescribed for treatment of ~30 conditions worldwide and was very effective.

Since it's easily synthesized and most importantly not under license, the pharma companies decided to make it illegal. They don't need cheap and working medicine for many diseases, but many expensive ones which couldn't fix even one decently. Now as far as I know amphetamine is still prescribed in several countries, but when there is no other alternative.

Edited by GothMoth

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 1:51 AM, FreedoM said:

We have a Rival! 👍

Watched the 1st episode and didn't like it at all. The racial diversity is way too much esp. for a small secluded village like Two Rivers. Lan is an asian. Perrin (one of the main protagonists has a wife which suggest the plot will be much different, at least for him.

• 5 months later...

Having tidied up all my pending viewing,  far too much queued up at a time so deleting some in the end, I've just started watching Reacher on Prime, the latest Midwich Cuckoos version on Sky, and the latest series of Better Call Saul on Netflix. 

Reacher's ok I suppose. I liked the first Tom Cruise film, not so much the second, but this iteration has a decent enough start. A BIG guy in the lead, never missing an opportunity to get his shirt off and show the goods, a savvy female tending to take the sidekick role, and a standard well meaning boss man who's not quite as clued up as the main leads. Shows promise but there are plot holes, one of my main bugbears in these things.

I read The Midwich Cuckoos many years ago, among other John Wyndham books, and thought it was one of his best. Somehow these things never seem quite as good in film or tv versions and this is no exception. Two episodes in and it's trying far too hard to be atmospheric and creepy, I'll stick with it though, some promise shown. (And one huge plot hole).

I thought Breaking Bad was a great series, maybe it had a few too many episodes where nothing much happened. Better Call Saul has long periods where nothing much seems to be happening but this only enhances the total immersion, at the same time jumping into action sequences that can really shock. I tend to wait till a series has finished before watching, usually 2-3 episodes at a time, but started this halfway through it's run. Episode 7 finished with an absolute shocker and now I have to wait for the next instalment, almost unbearable. I really can't see this one fading into a poor finish like some examples of the past, highly highly recommended. 

Edited by GR1ZZL3R

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

On 6/18/2022 at 4:08 AM, Rushbie said:

About time to get some stylish series from the neverending stream of cheap and poor actiongarbage 😎🤩💪

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5645432/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I keep watching the imdb scores, but this one looks interesting. Thanks @Rushbie.

However the last series I watched was Dexter New Blood in January, so I have a few better ones still to watch once I find some time for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent documentary about the JFK murder by Oliver Stone:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15815500/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_3

dy5qcGc

Everyone with an IQ above room temperature should be able to see that Trump's win over Sleepy Joe was stolen. But thinking that this wasn't the worst the deep state did to a president over the past decades is really telling in my mind.

Anyway, a lot of interesting connections are being shown here based on formerly redacted material and interviews with witnesses.

• LHO likely being a fake defector to the USSR (CIA connection).
  • Official reports switching entrance wounds and exit wounds to maintain the 1 shooter theory.
  • The Warren report moving the entrance wound of the first bullet around to maintain the magic bullet theory.

4 hours in total, but definitely worth the watch.