What TV Shows and Movies have you seen recently and recommend?

PunchFace

@jerry

Prison Break, Walking Dead, Vikings. All shows that started great but then turned to shit! At least wait until the series is officially finished before tainting yourself, Inky! 

I saw a movie yesterday, I would like to recommend to you guys, since it's lesser known but really great entertainment:

Here's the brainiac who decided to place the camp like that:

breakfast noise GIF

Good war movie, a little like that Afghanistan movie with Marky Mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

@jerry

Prison Break, Walking Dead, Vikings. All shows that started great but then turned to shit! At least wait until the series is officially finished before tainting yourself, Inky! 

I saw a movie yesterday, I would like to recommend to you guys, since it's lesser known but really great entertainment:

Here's the brainiac who decided to place the camp like that:

breakfast noise GIF

Good war movie, a little like that Afghanistan movie with Marky Mark.

If the Saving Private Ryan and American Sniper were too much sugary propaganda, which they pretty much were, there's something for ya 👍👍

Some SJW's could learn a thing or two after the end credits.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995832/

IMG_20230103_142530.png

Edited by Rushbie
  • Like 2

@WuDu I dont mind shows that goes too long if i like the characters. Usually they jump the shark and its really fun to watch sometimes. With Vikings there was one season that every episode there was some battle, broken alliances, betrayals, just like some cheap soap drama. Pretty sure it was the one or two before the last one, cause last one was pretty good actually. 10/10 show ended here when they kill Ragnar. After that i still liked some characters. Ivar actor was great, other Ragnar sons were at least ok. 

Prison break was intended as a one season then they got green light for another cause of ratings. Second season was as good as first one for me with Fichtner [Mahone] character stealing the show. Ending of that season was maybe best cliffhanger of all time [Bellick on the floor in underwear and those noises behind the door 🤣]. South American prison season 😂 was still good. Mahone battling with addiction, Bellick running in underwear being lowest class citizen there, prison looked actually 3rd worldish etc. I think its my fav season. After that it was really silly but still there were some entertaining episodes, especially T-bag was great. All in all i like Prison Break a lot. Didnt watch that 2017 revival.

Walking dead was allright for 2 maybe 3 seasons. Then it completely fell apart when they hired leftist retard Scott Gimple as a showrunner. Heard last season was ok.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

5 hours ago, jerry said:

@WuDu I dont mind shows that goes too long if i like the characters. Usually they jump the shark and its really fun to watch sometimes. With Vikings there was one season that every episode there was some battle, broken alliances, betrayals, just like some cheap soap drama. Pretty sure it was the one or two before the last one, cause last one was pretty good actually. 10/10 show ended here when they kill Ragnar. After that i still liked some characters. Ivar actor was great, other Ragnar sons were at least ok. 

I think what was great about Vikings was that there was some history mixed into it. However when the Rus attacked Scandinavia in the show, this all turned to fan fiction. Then the second half of the final season disappeared from my TVR and I stopped watching. I really liked when they attacked Paris and the storyline with his sons pre-Rus was OK as well. But Ragnar turning into a junkie, banging some Chinese slave?

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

5 hours ago, jerry said:

Prison break was intended as a one season then they got green light for another cause of ratings. Second season was as good as first one for me with Fichtner [Mahone] character stealing the show. Ending of that season was maybe best cliffhanger of all time [Bellick on the floor in underwear and those noises behind the door 🤣]. South American prison season 😂 was still good. Mahone battling with addiction, Bellick running in underwear being lowest class citizen there, prison looked actually 3rd worldish etc. I think its my fav season. After that it was really silly but still there were some entertaining episodes, especially T-bag was great. All in all i like Prison Break a lot. Didnt watch that 2017 revival.

Prison Break was great for its first 1 1/2 seasons. Especially if you consider that at the time when it came out, there weren't that many high quality shows around. 24 started it, then came Lost and then Prison Break. With streaming nowadays, you get a lot of good stuff (and even more crap), but at least you're not forced to watch Buffy, X-Files or Alias. Well, Alias was pretty cool as well 20 years ago.

The S2 Prison Break cliffhanger was great, but that was it. Season 3 was just warming up S1, only in a different prison. However the main storyline about the S1 escape was that Michael was an engineer who got his hands on the blueprints and then set up an extensive plan which he tattooed to himself. In S3, they break out without any of this. 🤣 

S3 was at least entertaining, S4 then turned stupid and S5 in 2017 was just a money grab.

6 hours ago, jerry said:

Walking dead was allright for 2 maybe 3 seasons. Then it completely fell apart when they hired leftist retard Scott Gimple as a showrunner. Heard last season was ok.

Walking Dead was great when they were on the farm, then they only had a few good episodes here and there. Also way too many filler episodes. Otherwise it's always the same storyline:

Group has a home - Zombies attack - Group travels looking for a new home - Group finds a home - Zombies attack - Group travels looking for a new home...

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu  You thought it will be hellish, brutal stay then in 3rd season it was even easier than in fox river. Thank you network tv i guess 😸

And best Mahone scene

And classic Haywire 🤣

Its a classic, i will probably be watching this again this year. 

• Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

One of the few brightspots of season 3:

image.png.aa054722152b1055e229586f52a0c122.png

But as I mentioned earlier, S3 is still watchable. You know it's not top tier entertainment anymore, however the production value is good and still better than a lot of other stuff that's on TV.

Also this one is coming out in two months:

European Co-Production of "The Swarm". I read the book in 2009 and I have to say it's pretty entertaining. The question now is whether or not this series can transfer the book to the TV screen. Personally, I have my doubts and I'm expecting some SJW and Climate Change crap along with it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mit "Faking Hitler" wurde der gigantische Tagebuch-Reinfall des Magazins Stern neu verfilmt. Hier finden Sie alle Infos zum Start bei Vox im TV, den Folgen, der Besetzung und der Handlung. Im Bild: Moritz Bleibtreu, Lars Eidinger und Sinje Irslinger

If you have time to kill and catch this German series, it's solid entertainment.

Based on the true story of the fake Hitler diaries. Bleibtreu, the man with the moustache, is a famous German actor, although this is not his best work. The one with the glasses is great and you know him from Babylon Berlin.

Having said that, this is not on Babylon Berlin's or Dark's level, because there's the stupid added storyline surrounding a brave, young, female journalist and her SS father and some Jewish underground organisation. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

So 2/3 of the series is solid and whenever the blonde lead actress shows up press fast forward and you're good to go!

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Like 2

Watched this Moritz Bleibtreu series a while ago

Wasnt half bad even if main actress distracted me with her enormous nose, yikes Przechwytywaniess.PNG.7f93d31aea60114468c1203f8d06d495.PNG

Reall thought it was some prostethics or something. Series, nothing ground breaking one or two annoying characters but all in all i wasnt bored.

Another end of the world german series [ predictive programming hint hint]. Quite entertaining though even if could be shorter one or two episodes. I like how they portrayed polish peasants as a violent thugs and bandits 😆

• Haha 1

@jerry

Never watched Blackout, however I think Bleibtreu is cashing in now: Blackout, Faking Hitler, M. All (a little) on the crappy side. Good for him, but definitely a far cry from this one which is already 15 years old:

The Baader Meinhof Complex is really good, you might want to watch it as well. Basically following the true events of left-wing terror in Germany in the 60s and 70s.

8 Days is OK, but nothing special. The basic idea is interesting, yet what they made out of it is so-so. I'm wondering why sky is producing so many own shows, yet they're usually crap. Babylon Berlin is the lone exception.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moritz got many good movies. Baader is a bit classic. Watched it a bit long ago, remember it was very good and it got some nekkid people which is always a plus in my book  😆

This was my last german flick. Pretty standard prison story but wasnt bored at any moment. Interesting to see what ethnicities populate german prisons 😁

and something for new Schalke supporter @Livertool

Damn good horror movie 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Moritz got many good movies. Baader is a bit classic. Watched it a bit long ago, remember it was very good and it got some nekkid people which is always a plus in my book  😆

This was my last german flick. Pretty standard prison story but wasnt bored at any moment. Interesting to see what ethnicities populate german prisons 😁

and something for new Schalke supporter @Livertool

Damn good horror movie 😂

Awesome, thanks alot!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jerry said:

Not enough Russians and Polskis...🤣

Since you like Moritz Bleibtreu, here's a solid gangster flick with him. "Only God can judge me". Turn on the English subtitles:

• 1 month later...

Lord have mercy, South Park was right:

Boomer Indy, time travel, bad CGI and Fleabag!

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

They got me 15 years ago with Crystal Skull, but not this time around. 

No Way Trump GIF by MOODMAN

Not even watching this on free TV in 2 years. This is the true 4th adventure of Indiana Jones:

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, WuDu said:

with Crystal Skull,

Watched it about 15 minutes and never turned back to it. Hope i didn't miss anything important 😆 

7 hours ago, WuDu said:

South Park was right

Thou i really ain't fan of Shapiro with his perfect answers all the time (set up?) and collecting monies via putting commercials to the videos like money loving preachers all do, he has got points there.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

Watched it about 15 minutes and never turned back to it. Hope i didn't miss anything important 

You mean after he escaped the nuclear explosion in a fridge? I'm honestly questioning who's sitting there, saying: "Indiana Jones 5, I'm paying money to see it."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WuDu said:

You mean after he escaped the nuclear explosion in a fridge? I'm honestly questioning who's sitting there, saying: "Indiana Jones 5, I'm paying money to see it."

Exactly. But they want to try cash in with classics. Now that Disney owns Star Wars i am eagerly waiting what kind of characters they come up with for future.. rainbow coloured trans green teen?

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

Exactly. But they want to try cash in with classics. Now that Disney owns Star Wars i am eagerly waiting what kind of characters they come up with for future.. rainbow coloured trans green teen?

Can't wait the new Peter Pan story 🤩
Well, not really. Not wasting any time on remakes and to the vast majority of pre-chewed turd coming out of hollywood anymore, it's all gone too far beyond watchable 🙄

Spoiler

From a moviemaking perspective, something else came out recently, tho. It's not that cheering maybe, but it's not made with forced diversity and other woke crap in mind either. In fact, it doesn't have any type of people as a main character at all 🙂
In case you're into something a bit different sometimes, Poland delivers 👍

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19652910/mediaviewer/rm1671169537/?ref_=tt_ov_i

image.png

Edited by Rushbie
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rushbie said:

Can't wait the new Peter Pan story 🤩
Well, not really. Not wasting any time on remakes and to the vast majority of pre-chewed turd coming out of hollywood anymore, it's all gone too far beyond watchable 🙄

Reveal hidden contents

From a moviemaking perspective, something else came out recently, tho. It's not that cheering maybe, but it's not made with forced diversity and other woke crap in mind either. In fact, it doesn't have any type of people as a main character at all 🙂
In case you're into something a bit different sometimes, Poland delivers 👍

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19652910/mediaviewer/rm1671169537/?ref_=tt_ov_i

image.png

This needs at least two reactions do with like i'll go with 😄 too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Livertool said:

Still my question is who are the viewers that watch this crap? Indiana Jones 5 even cost 300 M $ to make. 

@Rushbie

Sorry, the donkey looks cute, but I'm not watching a movie from Polska about a donkey. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, WuDu said:

who are the viewers that watch this crap? Indiana Jones 5 even cost 300 M $ to make. 

I guess it is just matter of what peeps are used to do. If Renny Harlin does movie, many plebs go so see it just because he has directed one or two decent movies decades ago.

27 minutes ago, WuDu said:

I'm not watching a movie from Polska about a donkey. 

Literrally laughed my ass off for this. Don't be hater 😄

Dunno if @Rushbie was serious? As i watched pictures i was sure he was joking but after trailer i was just confused 🤔

• Like 1