Unibet Open Qualifier tree changes - Have your say!

Andy-Relax

Hi everyone, 

We're looking to consolidate the two existing Unibet Open qualifier tries down to a single route to make things easier to understand. There are two possible options we're looking at just now: -

A) €0.20 -> €1 -> €5 -> €25 -> €250 -> €1,100

or

B) €0.40 -> €2 -> €10 -> €50 -> €250 -> €1,100

We'd like your input on which of these you would prefer and any reasoning behind why you made that decision. Please post A or B and your reasons below.

Regardless of which route we end up using exchangers will stay and we'll make sure there are ways you can migrate tickets that don't work in the new system.

• Like 6

Poker Janitor

37 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

@Andy-UnibetB. And if possible, it would be nice to see some "superqualifiers" from 10->250 and 50->1100. Like there's with some big ones now. Unlimited rebuy and add-on. If you put only one ticket gtd, I don't think there's a huge chance for overlay.

Single ticket qualifiers typically do much worse than bigger GTD qualifiers. There are some R/A sats that run on the Sunday of the Unibet Open main but I don't think we'd have the players to do them more regularly.

Poker Janitor

4 hours ago, Andy-Unibet said:

Single ticket qualifiers typically do much worse than bigger GTD qualifiers. 

The 4 Euro to 25 Euro UO ticket qualifier at 23:30 CEST would like to have a word with you...

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

6 hours ago, Andy-Unibet said:

Single ticket qualifiers typically do much worse than bigger GTD qualifiers. There are some R/A sats that run on the Sunday of the Unibet Open main but I don't think we'd have the players to do them more regularly.

I can't remember a single one ticket qualifier with overlay. But  if I look for some it's usually for general tickets, so I'll take your word for it. 

But could you please fix that thing too, where after gtd has been passed it generates i.e. 10€ tickets untill there's enough for another 50€ ticket? I just played on weekend one from 10->50 and feels just stupid to take a rebuy and leave with an 10€ mtt ticket after using 20€ real money. I don't think anyone would mind that change. 

Im with 1e route just because 1e are the only ones i really play. I  know those are running every hour and at evening are even two of them at the same hour.  Just look at the numbers how many players are grinding them. With 2e ones 3 out of 4 are running with overlays.

Please consider making 1=======4=======10=======50=========250========1100 with elimination of 25e tickets. Why complicate things making 1=====5 step? Route B will eliminate 1eUO qualis and those are most popular MTTs on Unibet. Im guessing that with the lowest UO ticket being 2e there will be less paid places in freerolls.

I know 4=====10 could be deal breaker but exactly why? Cause it will be very easy to win that 10e ticket? Rake would be paid still, who cares 🤔

Edited by jerry
  • Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@Andy-Unibet

The idea is great to connect 2 paths in 1. 2 years I used one path and 2 years I used 2 path.
This is not an equal choice, because one of the options offers a jump to X 10.
If you remove it, item A is better, because a 0.20 cent ticket can be bought at the bonus store. If I add 40-cent and 50-cent tickets to the bonus store, then I'll choose option B.
I think everything that @jerry said is a fair argument.

14 hours ago, jerry said:

Im guessing that with the lowest UO ticket being 2e there will be less paid places in freerolls.

No doubt they will radically transform the freerolls/payouts within a short period. Less frequency, payout etc. I think it's time to say goodby to freerolling here.

On 8/31/2021 at 9:01 PM, Pionrj said:

I can't remember a single one ticket qualifier with overlay. But  if I look for some it's usually for general tickets, so I'll take your word for it. 

But could you please fix that thing too, where after gtd has been passed it generates i.e. 10€ tickets untill there's enough for another 50€ ticket? I just played on weekend one from 10->50 and feels just stupid to take a rebuy and leave with an 10€ mtt ticket after using 20€ real money. I don't think anyone would mind that change. 

When they run they're fine but the issue is single ticket qualifiers cancel a lot more in general. 

Don't think there is much we can do in the short term regarding the payouts. The obvious choice is to pay out cash for the leftover prize pool but this then means potentially lose that money being in the UO system. If we could pay out multiple tickets of the same value that could be an option but I'm not sure how much dev is required for something like that.

On 8/31/2021 at 9:07 PM, jerry said:

Im with 1e route just because 1e are the only ones i really play. I  know those are running every hour and at evening are even two of them at the same hour.  Just look at the numbers how many players are grinding them. With 2e ones 3 out of 4 are running with overlays.

Please consider making 1=======4=======10=======50=========250========1100 with elimination of 25e tickets. Why complicate things making 1=====5 step? Route B will eliminate 1eUO qualis and those are most popular MTTs on Unibet. Im guessing that with the lowest UO ticket being 2e there will be less paid places in freerolls.

I know 4=====10 could be deal breaker but exactly why? Cause it will be very easy to win that 10e ticket? Rake would be paid still, who cares 🤔

The €1 and €4 appear the most popular because of how many tickets are given out via freerolls and first deposit bonuses. Both routes have a < €1 level so that we can continue to pay out tickets in freerolls/promotions when required.

On 9/1/2021 at 8:54 AM, Merenitsu said:

@Andy-Unibet

The idea is great to connect 2 paths in 1. 2 years I used one path and 2 years I used 2 path.
This is not an equal choice, because one of the options offers a jump to X 10.
If you remove it, item A is better, because a 0.20 cent ticket can be bought at the bonus store. If I add 40-cent and 50-cent tickets to the bonus store, then I'll choose option B.
I think everything that @jerry said is a fair argument.

The bonus shop will have the option to buy tickets for all levels of whatever route is ultimately decided.

• Like 2

Poker Janitor

7 minutes ago, Andy-Unibet said:

When they run they're fine but the issue is single ticket qualifiers cancel a lot more in general. 

Don't think there is much we can do in the short term regarding the payouts. The obvious choice is to pay out cash for the leftover prize pool but this then means potentially lose that money being in the UO system. If we could pay out multiple tickets of the same value that could be an option but I'm not sure how much dev is required for something like that.

The €1 and €4 appear the most popular because of how many tickets are given out via freerolls and first deposit bonuses. Both routes have a < €1 level so that we can continue to pay out tickets in freerolls/promotions when required.

The bonus shop will have the option to buy tickets for all levels of whatever route is ultimately decided.

My choice B then

Hello @Andy-Unibet

Before I vote I have the following questions:

1). When do you plan to change the UO trees? Could you please give us an exact date or at least inform us like a week before you do this?

2.) Do you plan to bring back the exchangers in some way for german accounts? 

3.) "Regardless of which route we end up using exchangers will stay and we'll make sure there are ways you can migrate tickets that don't work in the new system." How do you plan this one? For example if we go for option B and I have 4x25€ UO tickets, are you gonna exchange them to 25€ generic tickets or in other UO tickets? If it is in other UO tickets I would like to receive at least 4 tickets, for example 10x10€ UO tickets (not 2x50€ UO tickets, because this would mean that I have just 2 shots and not anymore 4 shots, as the exhangers are gone for me). If you bring back the exchangers for German accounts, then I can accept 2x50€ tickets and I will exchange them to 10€ ones.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LeVsKaRa said:

Hello @Andy-Unibet

Before I vote I have the following questions:

1). When do you plan to change the UO trees? Could you please give us an exact date or at least inform us like a week before you do this?

2.) Do you plan to bring back the exchangers in some way for german accounts? 

3.) "Regardless of which route we end up using exchangers will stay and we'll make sure there are ways you can migrate tickets that don't work in the new system." How do you plan this one? For example if we go for option B and I have 4x25€ UO tickets, are you gonna exchange them to 25€ generic tickets or in other UO tickets? If it is in other UO tickets I would like to receive at least 4 tickets, for example 10x10€ UO tickets (not 2x50€ UO tickets, because this would mean that I have just 2 shots and not anymore 4 shots, as the exhangers are gone for me). If you bring back the exchangers for German accounts, then I can accept 2x50€ tickets and I will exchange them to 10€ ones.

1. No official date yet. Wouldn't expect it to happen until after the UO at the end of the month. We'll give all players plenty of notice and explain how we'll deal with thickets that don't fit into the new tree.

2. No plans for any changes relating to DE customers

3. It'll depend on the route we take but they'll be converted to other UO tickets wherever possible. We won't be exchanging up, as per your example, I expect. We also have the option of adding some sats using the old tickets to filter into the new, again route dependant. 

Poker Janitor

On 8/31/2021 at 10:08 AM, Andy-Unibet said:

Hi everyone, 

We're looking to consolidate the two existing Unibet Open qualifier tries down to a single route to make things easier to understand. There are two possible options we're looking at just now: -

A) €0.20 -> €1 -> €5 -> €25 -> €250 -> €1,100

or

B) €0.40 -> €2 -> €10 -> €50 -> €250 -> €1,100

We'd like your input on which of these you would prefer and any reasoning behind why you made that decision. Please post A or B and your reasons below.

Regardless of which route we end up using exchangers will stay and we'll make sure there are ways you can migrate tickets that don't work in the new system.

Think I prefer option B as it’s what I have been playing and offers a nice gradual progression. 

On another note is there any exchangers for a €250 ticket? Have one I would ideally like to exchange for €50s. 

Edited by Ch0p5Re1d

• 3 weeks later...

Why not have both routes and cater for a wider set of players? Some players prefer the traditional 1 in 10 which the 25 euro to 250 euro offers. I'm guessing Unibet are trying to reduce overlays but if that's not the reason then I say keep both.  I know an argument is to keep it simple but it doesn't take much working out what the routes look like and then choose accordingly.  I don't track the numbers, but if there is a low number of 25 euro entries then I'd suggest it's partly due to the lack of an ability to change tickets down into 25 euro tickets.  If you want to exchange tickets down you are forced into route B.

That's my contribution.  Hopefully we can get to see the tickets converted into a live experience in 2022.  I'm missing everyone!