Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Richard Kiel Smile GIF by James Bond 007

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Next to Suarez, there's now the obvious rumour of Edin Dzeko joining the BVB. Seriously, he's been linked to the club for the past 10 years or so. 😆 I'm already waiting for Giroud, Mandzukic, Batsman, Morata, Cavani, Diego Costa or Dries Mertens being written to the BVB. 🤡

Of course, CR7 wants to play UCL this season, doesn't he...

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Copy-20of-20SN-Seeler-WM1966SP?t=.jpg

Final friendly for the BVB before starting the season next Friday with the cup game against 1860. After playing Valencia on Monday, we lost again, this time vs Villareal. 2 matches and not 1 goal scored out of regular play. Today, Terzic started with 3 defenders:

Meyer

Schlotti-Hummels-Süle

Guerreiro-Bellingham-Brandt-Meunier

Adeyemi-Reus-Malen

First subs off the bench were JBG, Hazard, Wolf and Moukoko. Kobel and Dahoud were rested.

Really tough to say where the BVB stands right now, the first half was pretty good, the second half was terrible. Both goals came through the middle (HUMMELS, Brandt :classic_angry: ). Right now, Hummels, Brandt and Malen should be benched. Adeyemi with a few highlights in the first half as well as in the game against Valencia, but not really providing anything of substance so far.

Red Bull suddenly seems to be close to picking up David Raum! They also kept their team together so far (Nkunku and Olmo). That would also mean that Guerreiro is staying with the BVB. 

Same situation for Leverkusen, who also haven't lost anybody of value so far (Alario to Frankfurt). They extended Wirtz and Schick, added Hlozek and Diaby also decided to stay. Bundesliga-bros, we might be looking at one of the best Bundesliga seasons of the past 10 years! 

Joshua Kimmich Football GIF by FC Bayern Munich

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 12:19 AM, WuDu said:

Next to Suarez, there's now the obvious rumour of Edin Dzeko joining the BVB. Seriously, he's been linked to the club for the past 10 years or so. 😆 I'm already waiting for Giroud, Mandzukic, Batsman, Morata, Cavani, Diego Costa or Dries Mertens being written to the BVB. 🤡..

Serie A Football GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Oh man, I forgot this clown! That's the newest "rumour" of strikers being on the BVB short-list to replace Haller while he's out. Actually, I don't really see it. Training camp is already over, so bringing in a new player as a potential starter is super tough. It also seems like we're playing very flexible up front, especially using a 3-4-1-2 system. Against Villareal, Reus, Malen and Adeyemi often switched positions. We also have Moukoko, Hazard and Bynoe-Gittens. 

So my guess would be that Haller is not getting replaced and we're trying to distribute his minutes within the roster with Moukoko getting the first shot against 1860. But that's just a wild guess.

The smurfs were active on the transfer market as well, selling Ozan Kabak for 5 M to Hoffenheim. Ozan Kabak? Ozan Kabak? Let's look at his CV so far:

18/19 joining VFB Stuttgart, relegated at the end of the year.

19/20 joining the Smurfs, playing for Pool during the 2nd half of the 20/21 season. Still relegated with the Smurfs in 20/21 and core part of the team that almost broke Tasmania's record for most consecutive games without a win.

21/22 joining Norwich. Guess what? Relegated again! 🤣 Playing 11 times and not winning one game. 

Bayern replacing Lewy with 17 year old Mathys Tel from Stade Rennes, giving him #9 and paying up to 30 M Euro for him. 😮 He hasn't scored in pro football yet...💸

And now there's a rumour that Timo Werner is willing to leave Chelsea and returning to Red Bull! 😮

Definitely not a bad sum for Kabak, even if we paid 15mil for him. However, he's still young and with lots of potential imo so not a bad signing for Hoffenheim either.

I've been quiet here. Partly because of being off from work and busy with baby and new house. Partly because I'm quite nervous about this season. I'm not at all sure what to expect. Odds 751 on Schalke to win the league is not even tempting me.

I know the financial situation and didn't expect a lot from the transfer market, but I'm still slightly disappointed. A Bundesliga team with Schwolow, Yoahida, Zalazar and Terodde as the stars doesn't exactly scream Schalke to me, but guess I have to get used to this new reality.

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

5 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I know the financial situation and didn't expect a lot from the transfer market, but I'm still slightly disappointed. A Bundesliga team with Schwolow, Yoahida, Zalazar and Terodde as the stars doesn't exactly scream Schalke to me, but guess I have to get used to this new reality.

Scholow, worse than Lotka, who's sitting on the bench for BVB 2 today!  Yoahida, I never heard of before. Terodde is not a Bundesliga striker. Happy hunting next March/April...🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Harit is still on your payroll...

5 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Definitely not a bad sum for Kabak, even if we paid 15mil for him. However, he's still young and with lots of potential imo so not a bad signing for Hoffenheim either.

This is not how football works anymore nowadays. When Kabak came from Istanbul, he had potential. Now he's "already" 22 years old and has been relegated 3 times as core part of the team. With Schalke he was part of the winless run for most of 2020. He didn't play much for Norwich. 5 M is a good deal for the Smurfs, but I'm wondering why Hoffenheim didn't go for Zagadou for free?   

• Like 1

LOL so much dis for my guy Terodde 😅 Said it once and now again, Terodde in good team that more or less have more posession is a treasure. Schalke had it in 2buli but you cant say they dominiert there like Dortmund/Bayern and he still scored gazillion of goals. Im fairly confident he will score 10+ this season. Terodde in World Cup and Germany is easily out of group 🤑

As for Kabak classic case of overhype. Young-yes, with room to improve, but far from reliable player.  Out of place in Liverpool and terrible in Norwich. Maybe just wrong clubs. 5mln is good business, Hoffe could still sell him for more if they work on his confidence but its risky thing. He could be damaged beyond repair. I can see him in a year in Turkey on loan. Personally i would not bother, there are better german defenders in lower leagues 😜

Yoshida was great center back but that was like 3years ago. Seen him once or twice lately and he seem very clumsy. Could be a rock vs bottom half but better teams will expose him. Polter weird transfer, dont see the appeal 😅, Kral should be good one, and the rest i dont know anyone. Maybe some young defender Greiml/Cisse will show up. I think it will be very hard season for Schalke cause i only see Bochum as a sure team to be relegated [maybe thats why they bought Polter 🥳]. I dont see Werder going down. For me three teams that will go down are Bochum [before february] Stuttgart and Schalke will fight Hertha for relegation playoff.  

Why buli start so late? With 2buli already after 2 spieltags [and ekstraklasa as well]. USA money? 🤩

edit: missed that Piatek rumour. Actually i think he would be great choice for Dortmund. He does offer 0 beside scoring goals 🤔 but he is quite effective striker. With 3-5 chances a match he would score you 1-2 goals. Just keep him on the bench against better teams.

Edited by jerry
  • Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

46 minutes ago, jerry said:

LOL so much dis for my guy Terodde 😅 Said it once and now again, Terodde in good team that more or less have more posession is a treasure. Schalke had it in 2buli but you cant say they dominiert there like Dortmund/Bayern and he still scored gazillion of goals. Im fairly confident he will score 10+ this season. Terodde in World Cup and Germany is easily out of group 🤑

I'm with you on that one. +10 goals for sure🥺. If not, relegation is almost guaranteed 

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

Harit is still on your payroll...

7 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I hope he stays. If he goes, it'll be too late to bring in anyone else with the freed up salary budget. 3.5 mil a year is hard to justify given the financial situation, but I believe it'll be a good investment to have him play another season. Despite his flaws, I do think he's an excellent player and he deserves one final chance to shine.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

1 hour ago, jerry said:

LOL so much dis for my guy Terodde 😅 Said it once and now again, Terodde in good team that more or less have more posession is a treasure. Schalke had it in 2buli but you cant say they dominiert there like Dortmund/Bayern and he still scored gazillion of goals. Im fairly confident he will score 10+ this season.

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I'm with you on that one. +10 goals for sure🥺. If not, relegation is almost guaranteed 

Terodde scored Stuttgart as well as Köln back into the Bundesliga.

16/17: 25 goals for Stuttgart in the 2. Buli.

18/19: 29 goals for Köln.

Both Stuttgart as well as Köln quit on Terodde after not even one Halbserie. Stuttgart sold him to Köln in early 2018 after phasing him out starting in week 10. Köln stopped playing him in week 15 in 19/20.

Fast forward to 21/22: 30 goals for S04 in the 2. Buli....

After the smurfs get slaughtered against Bayern before the WC break, Terodde won't play much anymore.

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I hope he stays. If he goes, it'll be too late to bring in anyone else with the freed up salary budget. 3.5 mil a year is hard to justify given the financial situation, but I believe it'll be a good investment to have him play another season. Despite his flaws, I do think he's an excellent player and he deserves one final chance to shine.

image.png.3aaf08de2da0e23221724f4c5d7953eb.png

MeinAuto.de is probably not paying enough for you to afford his per game boni...

11 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Yeah, I saw that quote. But if no one wants him, he will stay 😄 

Bild reported that he's taking home 5 M per year, 3 times more than Fährmann ( LOL) and Terodde. Would be totally Schalke style to not play 2 of your 3 highest earners while also paying Grammozis 1,8 M Euro to sit at home, while being totally broke. 🤣

14 hours ago, jerry said:

I think it will be very hard season for Schalke cause i only see Bochum as a sure team to be relegated [maybe thats why they bought Polter 🥳]. I dont see Werder going down. For me three teams that will go down are Bochum [before february] Stuttgart and Schalke will fight Hertha for relegation playoff.  

Why buli start so late? With 2buli already after 2 spieltags [and ekstraklasa as well]. USA money? 🤩

edit: missed that Piatek rumour. Actually i think he would be great choice for Dortmund. He does offer 0 beside scoring goals 🤔 but he is quite effective striker. With 3-5 chances a match he would score you 1-2 goals. Just keep him on the bench against better teams.

@jerry

The Buli doesn't really start late, they're actually quite early this season due to the WC. Usually the leagues started in early/mid August, however a few years ago they decided to start the 2. Buli a little earlier in order to give it some more exposure. If the fans are thristy for football again, they're more likely to turn on the 2. Buli if nothing else is on.

It's those crappy leagues in Eastern Europe that traditionally start in mid July (Ekstraklasa, Austrian Buli, Hungary...).

------------------

The second year is always tougher, so we'll see whether Bochum stays in, but they had a great year last season:

4 games vs BVB and Bayern: 2 wins-1 draw- 1 loss. They've also beaten Frankfurt and Freiburg.

Stuttgart shouldn't be there, they're far too talented. They get Wamangituka (or whatever his name is nowadays) back and Kalajdzic is also still on the team.

To  me, the Smurfs are going down again for sure! Just look at their roster! 🥳 Too bad I won't be posting here anymore once this happens...

---------------------

If Piantek were any good, the BVB would have had him on their list before they picked up Haller. Again, I think we're replacing Haller from within either with Moukoko starting a lot or with some kind of Killah Beeeeeezzzzz strategy where 3 fast strikers rotate up front. The cup match on Friday is on national free TV in Germany, so you guys might see for yourself as well. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 12:19 AM, WuDu said:

Next to Suarez, there's now the obvious rumour of Edin Dzeko joining the BVB. Seriously, he's been linked to the club for the past 10 years or so. 😆 I'm already waiting for Giroud, Mandzukic, Batsman, Morata, Cavani, Diego Costa or Dries Mertens being written to the BVB. 🤡

Of course, CR7 wants to play UCL this season, doesn't he...

Sport1 journo Patrick Berger is "reporting" that the BVB has narrowed down its search to Dzeko, Cavani and 

Suspense Anticipation GIF

Spoiler

Mauro Icardi.

How could I have missed him? 🥳  I'm listening to his podcast later today when I play some pokaaahhhhh, but I simply don't see it. Hopefully Moukoko takes care of 1860 Munich on national free TV on Friday, meaning that our bosses might finally realize that we don't need any washed up boomers up front, just because they have a big name.

• Like 1

Dzeko was barely alive last season. If you take him its basically a helping hand to Inter who dont know what to do with him. Icardi also looks lost, he was great striker three years ago, but he seem like a big risk. 50% of wages loan maybe. Cavani with his injuries/salary is also big risk. What about Kalajdzic, not month ago this chap was choosing between Bayern/Dortmund now its crickets. I would try to loan Alvarez, im sure if not now they will look for one in january for him. You sold them Haaland there should some good relationship there. Then there is Aubemayang 😜 Got a feeling we will also see certain portuguese striker linked. I would take him for Brandt money 🥳

You need to look elsewhere, there are tons of good strikers in lesser leagues, or lower divisions. You can even open freakin transfermarkt players without contract and find some usefull stopgap for 6-12 months.

• Confused 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

4 hours ago, jerry said:

What about Kalajdzic, not month ago this chap was choosing between Bayern/Dortmund now its crickets. I would try to loan Alvarez, im sure if not now they will look for one in january for him. You sold them Haaland there should some good relationship there. Then there is Aubemayang 😜 Got a feeling we will also see certain portuguese striker linked. I would take him for Brandt money 🥳

Auba striked his way out of Dortmund during a tough season just in order to move to Arsenal in the winter of 2018. He then talked trash to the BVB CEO on twitter. Oh yes, he's also an eccentric character who mostly cares about money. I didn't even bother listing him. 🤣

Maybe the teams involved finally came to their senses and realized that signing an inexperienced boomer with a long list of injuries isn't the smartest choice! But yeah, Kalajdzic definitely cooled off now that BVB and Bayern don't need him anymore.

Sorry, we only rob Chitty's cradle, we don't develop their players for them. Didn't work so well with Reinier over the past two years. Besides, after stealing Sancho, Bynoe-Gittens and Braaf from them, I doubt that they like us very much. Despite Gündogan and Haaland...

Newest linked players: Arkadiusz " Pride of Zabrze" Milik and Jhon Cordoba (former Hertha, Köln, Mainz player and now somewhere in Russia). I simply don't see it.

No Way Football GIF by UEFA

Paco Alcacer....🥳

I finally had time to listen to the podcast, it seems like that Terzic is moving to a 3-4-1-2 now to start the year and to replace Haller. Malen and Adeyemi would get the first shot as the 2 strikers.

Triple H Yes GIF by WWE

That would lead to the following lineup vs 1860:

Kobel

Schlotti - Hummels - Süle

Guerreiro - Bellingham - Brandt or Dahoud - Meunier

Reus

Malen - Adeyemi

I can live with it. Moukoko, JBG, Hazard, Brandt or Dahoud would be coming off the bench. 

• Like 1

You could do worse than Milik! But....there is a lot but 😂 Let me tell you that IMO Milik have the biggest ceiling of all polish strikers ever, even higher than Lewandowski. He was never stammspieler in Napoli, Marseille and his only good season was at Ajax [wait, its just like Haller 😜]. I dont count Leverkusen cause they even played him as a winger [bad Leverkusen bad]. Was also bad in Augsburg but as i remember them also didnt know how use him properly. Anyhoo after Ajax he showed some promise in Napoli, but was too inconsistent. Didnt help that he had cruciate ligaments in both knees [this must be some record cause i really dont know any other footballer with two tears in both knees]. Which brings me to the fact that when you look at him he seem very atlethic from the waist up, but his legs are like sugar canes, very fragile. He little remind me of that funny looking bodybuilders that forgetting to work on legs. Also is not bright, he's got that smart/studied gaze but when he talk, damn, its bad. So legs, not that smart like Lewy and i think the fact he didnt have Klopp in his life is why he is where he is at. Still, he have like 3mln at Marseille so he is doin allright!

But, yeah easily could have been one of the top strikers. I think most clubs think likewise, cause every year serious teams are after him [last year Atletico, Juventus - there is some peculiar silence this year with him and he lost his place at Marseille!] even if he relatively accomplished nothing. Cause whathe did really, one season with 20 goals at Ajax, another at Napoli with 10 when Immobile scores there like 30??

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WuDu said:

Kobel

Schlotti - Hummels - Süle

Guerreiro - Bellingham - Brandt or Dahoud - Meunier

Reus

Malen - Adeyemi

I can live with it

So you have finally taken more realistic approach to upcoming season instead of trophy hopes?

Lot of question marks starting from noob manager to new youngsters and Malen hasn't really proved himself yet, defence got bit stronger but rest is rest, not a lot of potential man of the match material in there. Bellingham yeah but he is still kid too.

Sure anything can happen and lets hope for flying start to get things in right track to build Terzic & kids confidence but imo warning signs are way greater than any hope for success.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Livertool said:

So you have finally taken more realistic approach to upcoming season instead of trophy hopes?

😆 Dortmund at 9,00 to win the title, book it! The last time I had such a good feeling about a new season was in 19/20. The last time we had such an exciting team was in 18/19. Albeit I have to admit, Leverkusen to win it all at 25,00 is probably value as well. 

What I wanted to express is that given the current, available roster, this is a good formation to start the year. 

• Guerreiro can play in left midfield and thus cannot cause damage for us frauding as a defender.
  • All three defenders get playing time, which allows us to press high. Against Villareal, Schlotti and Süle positioned themselves 10 meters inside the opposite half.
  • The only position where Brandt is not totally useless is in central midfield playing the 8/10 with another defender backing him up when (not if) he stupidly loses the ball again.
  • Haller is out, so we might as well start 2 out of Malen/Adeyemi/Moukoko up front. They all look the same anyway, maybe they confuse the opposing defense. 🤣
  • Reyna is not ready yet and Reus likes to play in a central position behind the attackers.
  • Guerreiro and Meunier as left midfielders can be backed up by Hazard and Wolf. 
51 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Lot of question marks starting from noob manager to new youngsters and Malen hasn't really proved himself yet, defence got bit stronger but rest is rest, not a lot of potential man of the match material in there. Bellingham yeah but he is still kid too.

The "noob manager" already won the cup, coached over 30 games for the BVB and has the experience of more than 300 games working as an assistant in the Süper Lig, EPL and Bundesliga. In the UCL under him we advanced against Sevilla and were robbed by the ref against Chitty, where we had a depleted team as well (Bellingham's goal).

Malen has been explicitly praised for his preseason work by Terzic. Bellingham is the new #3 captain (behind Reus and Hummels). In the defense, we added two German national players including the #1 defender during the 21/22 Bundesliga season.

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Sure anything can happen and lets hope for flying start to get things in right track to build Terzic & kids confidence but imo warning signs are way greater than any hope for success.

First two Buli matches are against Leverkusen 😮 and Freiburg! We'll see. Maybe Kamara and Prince Aning will be getting playing time early on. They looked good during preseaon. Bynoe-Gittens might be the surprise of the season. Maybe he can turn into our super-sub, similar to Sancho in 18/19, giving us options off the bench against tired opponents.

5 hours ago, jerry said:

he seem very atlethic from the waist up, but his legs are like sugar canes, very fragile. He little remind me of that funny looking bodybuilders that forgetting to work on legs. Also is not bright, he's got that smart/studied gaze but when he talk, damn, its bad. So legs, not that smart like Lewy and i think the fact he didnt have Klopp in his life is why he is where he is at. Still, he have like 3mln at Marseille so he is doin allright!

Boston Celtics Lol GIF by NBA

I'll be missing these little "inside information"... 

Who's next? UBcommunity darling Terodde? Mateta, Emmanuel Dennis? 🥳

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, WuDu said:

9,00 to win the title

Put the dot between zeros and i'll take shot of it. No offense but that is reality.

54 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Leverkusen to win it all at 25,00 is probably value as well. 

Now you are talking, Luke is like a wall, Schick fails first 3 matches so Jolle gets his chance and no less than golden boot at the end of season😄

Tbh what i would really like to see is Schalke shocking football world with title. For two reasons: first i can demands answers from @WuDu (yes i will join discord or travel to Germany to get them if you are banned from here) and second who wouldn't want to see stubbe getting his hands on trophy or giving even little kiss?

CutPaste_2022-07-27_12-28-26-777.jpg.8c9d3646404a57a5e899a2286bd6d95a.jpg

(Sorry andy 😇 )

Any of them will do or actually any team but Bayern.

Back to reality...

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

The "noob manager" already won the cup

I would say it was two players who won it

IMG_20220727_121439.thumb.jpg.e4a1770c23d5c9945d31a0741396e8c3.jpg

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

coached over 30 games for the BVB

This was joke right?

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

experience of more than 300 games working as an assistant in the Süper Lig, EPL and Bundesliga.

So he is capable of being assistant, being manager remains to be seen.

• Haha 2

'According to BILD information, Jens Lehmann went onto his neighbor's property with a chainsaw and severed the roof beams of the new garage! And: In order to remain undetected, he had apparently previously torn off the cable from a surveillance camera.'

"According to the report, a surveillance camera recorded everything - although the 52-year-old allegedly tore off the camera's cables. However, the camera continued to run on battery power."

Police now look into older incidents as this garage has been damaged often the last years

😂😂🤣🤣

• Haha 4

@Livertool en fuego with his MS paint skills lately:

CutPaste_2022-07-27_12-28-26-777.jpg.8c9d3646404a57a5e899a2286bd6d95a.jpg

Glad that you used my family friendly version! 👍I've seen the horror of the uncensored clip!

The Smurfs will probably turn into a Fahrstuhlmannschaft now! Too bad for the Bundesliga, too big for the 2. Buli. Thus every spring we'll likely see some emotional outbursts from them: Either hunting their own players once the elevator goes down or celebrating naked and storming the Arena once the elevator goes up again!

11 hours ago, Livertool said:

This was joke right?

So he is capable of being assistant, being manager remains to be seen.

No joke, if the BVB picked up Nuri Sahin from Antalyaspor, I would have agreed with your statement. Terzic knows the team, knows the club and turned a shitty 20/21 around that ended with us winning the cup and reach the UCL QF. Experience shouldn't be the issue here. Whether or not he has the skills or is capable of developing them is yet to be determined...

Haller will be missing "a few months". So I would count him out until after the WC at least. 

@jerry Mad Jens strikes again!

image.thumb.png.7dbcc537b4914bb5ec5d2345e64f4e6f.png

image.png.ff009036041f899682d096ac79fdfcb4.png

image.png.51af91a2f6bec43416c3e1b9bd18dad0.png

I'd be mad about 1.5 m as well...💪

My favourite recent Jens Lehmann story was the one where he texted one of his former team-mates, now working for sky about former player Dennis Aogo, who worked for sky as a pundit at the time:

LTE0NDAuanBn

So Lehmann texted something like "Is Dennis Aogo your new token black person LOL". However instead of sending this message to his former team-mate, he sent it directly to Aogo himself...

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Schalke legend G.Burgstaller bullies Lechia Gdansk in conferenz league 🥶

Ekstraklasa is a weird league: Players not good enough for Paderborn in the 2. Bundesliga? Ekstraklasa, here we come!

First Jastrzembski, now Terrazzino...

Aning not yet ready for the 1st team, however Coulibaly and Kamara are already travelling with the first team...

It better be CR7...🤣