World Cup chat and bets

Stubbe-Unibet

31 minutes ago, Purps said:

They could win the Cup by beating Canada, and only Canada, during regular time 😄

Similar to winning the Euro by beating Wales, and only Wales, during regular time. 😆

Interesting to look at Brazil's performance during the Neymar era, and even before him as well. Since the mid-90s to the early 2000s (Romario-Ronaldo-Rivaldo-Ronaldinho-Cafu era) when Brazil reached three WC finals in a row, winning 2 of them, they were stopped in the QFs 4 times. The only time they advanced past the QFs was in 2014, when they lost 7-1 at home against Germany in the semis.

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Germany has two main football enemies: England and the Netherlands! 1 down, 1 to go! 

Betting Season 1 GIF by NETFLIX

Not that I care about the WC, but I simply cannot take 4 years of gloating from the English.

Having said that, Bundesliga fantasy managers always knew about Wout Weghorst. That move to Burnley really broke him...

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

19 minutes ago, Kamon said:

I cheered for a Brazil-Netherlands semi-final...🙁

If the second semi-final will be England-Morocco, I will stop watching this WC.😂

Same thoughts. If it will be Croatia - Argentina and England - Morocco, this donkament is over for me. These four killing the game, its antifootball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cris1285 said:

These four killing the game, its antifootball.

And Real isn't thou they get to choose any player they want and pay hundreds of millions for those? 🤔

Morocco and Croatia can't so they have to adapt, we will see how Morocco does but Croatia tactics were perfect against Brazil, kept them out of ball and didn't give much room. Neymar's goal was quite sweet thou, didn't have much room but made the goal anyways. On the other hand, total rookie mistake with trying to counter attack with so many players instead of just keeping the ball and men under it with under 5 minutes to go and Croatia punished immediately

Eng - Fra has all the potential to give us more entertainment but what we have seen and knowing who are coaches, zero expectations for that to happen. Matches too tactical and safe these days 🤮

Video referees already copied from other sports so maybe next step is to copy attacking requirements from NFL and NBA. Something like when team gets possession of ball they have 30 seconds to proceed to 16 box or has to give the ball to opponent 🤣

• Like 1

image.png.d89d53c7d46545db7205b904b64154e8.png

Sad Walking Away GIF by DAZN

amused jaw drop GIF

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Livertool said:

And Real isn't thou they get to choose any player they want and pay hundreds of millions for those? 🤔

Morocco and Croatia can't so they have to adapt, we will see how Morocco does but Croatia tactics were perfect against Brazil, kept them out of ball and didn't give much room. Neymar's goal was quite sweet thou, didn't have much room but made the goal anyways. On the other hand, total rookie mistake with trying to counter attack with so many players instead of just keeping the ball and men under it with under 5 minutes to go and Croatia punished immediately

Eng - Fra has all the potential to give us more entertainment but what we have seen and knowing who are coaches, zero expectations for that to happen. Matches too tactical and safe these days 🤮

Video referees already copied from other sports so maybe next step is to copy attacking requirements from NFL and NBA. Something like when team gets possession of ball they have 30 seconds to proceed to 16 box or has to give the ball to opponent 🤣

Still salty about Champions League final? Real has a plan how to score. Mourinho even when parking the bus has the plan to score. Croatia didnt have any, or at least it didnt look like that (Netherlands was even worse before Weghorst came in). Dalic had a great gameplan, thats sure, making the play slow, boring and unwatchable. Literally killing the game. A win is a win, no doubt, but im not entertained. 

Thank God (or poor Kane) we have at least one likeable/exciting team in the final four. 

Have to admit Morocco was great yesterday! Wouldnt mind them in the final (but only if they can win it all :))

Edited by cris1285

5 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Real has a plan how to score. Mourinho even when parking the bus has the plan to score. Croatia didnt have any

Clubs train pretty much whole year together vs national teams couple of weeks in total. Add what i mentioned already about material and maybe you can be more forgiving towards national teams defending and be more critical to Real or Mo using lot of money and time in order to get 1-2 chances/match and win with those. But i guess we see what we want to see.

Anyways, good riddance kneelers and Southgate, you won't be missed. Hopefully for football world and especially for England, management does better job  with choosing next coach. How about picking coach who want's to see his team create 10-20 good chances per match instead of 1-2. Requires little bit of risk taking and imagination but good thing is that when you have squad that is up to score 2-5 goals against any team it don't matter if you fall one or even two goals behind. We'll see, they'll probably go for Roy Hodgson in the end for maximum boredom 🤣

Pochettino will be next England coach. Its written in the stars 🤩 Even bet on this few months ago on different site. Very small chance on Potter if Chelsea will ax him in next 2/3 months.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

2 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Who you have got?

I didn't have any bets on this, so last minute panic bets it had to be...

image.jpeg.a3d7c6afc91f78ed21d594e17b1969a3.jpeg

Messi to score first & Alvarez to score

Also had a double on these two to score on Stars at odds of 9,00...

So, a nice first half it was, bet-wise 🥳

I do hope that Croatia pulls a comeback on the second half though. They certainly don't deserve to be 2 goals down at halftime...

• Like 6

Everything that worked out for Croatia for 120 minutes against brazil only lasted 30 minutes today and after 2-0 which had quite bit of lucky bounces it was game over. But that setup by Messi for 3rd was just thing of beauty, sort of reminded me of this classic. Not that Messi made the goal but the deternimation and impossible to take the ball away from him was just awesome 👍 Looks like old man has will to be national team legend too. Until today i was pretty sure that France will win wc after they win Morocco but not so sure anymore...

• Like 2

Safe to say this one is in 🤩  

Przechwytywaniex.PNG.6269dfb5181756b9f6396125ae97aaa6.PNG

Poland will lose only to winner and runner-up in this World Cup 😅😁

Oh and this aged pretty well 👍 Was also right about penalties for little dictator 🤑

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

So it's Donatello vs La Pulga, the only European team left vs France or simply:

Mbappe Messi 2022-23

Nasser Al Khelaifi Psg - Mercato - PSG : Neymar, Rabiot, Cavani, Nasser Al-Khelaïfi ... - Claims ...

Well, well, well...

Need some clarification guys just to be sure. If i have Messi on 14 odd for top scorer what will happen if Mbappe and Messi dont score in final? How much im winning? 7x stake?

Now its 1,95 on Messi and 1,95 on Mbappe. What happen if i bet on Messi and they both dont score. Stake will be returned, yes? Thx for help.

18 minutes ago, jerry said:

Need some clarification guys just to be sure. If i have Messi on 14 odd for top scorer what will happen if Mbappe and Messi dont score in final? How much im winning? 7x stake?

Yeah... If it stays between those 2, but I wouldn't count out Giroux and Alvarez who are just one goal behind. And if we assume that neither Mbappe or Messi scores, it seems very possible that at least either of those 2 will, except if it's 0-0 of course...

20 minutes ago, jerry said:

Now its 1,95 on Messi and 1,95 on Mbappe. What happen if i bet on Messi and they both dont score. Stake will be returned, yes? Thx for help.

This shouldn't be treated any differently. It's still the same market, so you would lose a little with that bet if things stay as they are, and of course you lose more if Giroux and/or Alvarez also joins the party...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Purps said:

Yeah... If it stays between those 2, but I wouldn't count out Giroux and Alvarez who are just one goal behind. And if we assume that neither Mbappe or Messi scores, it seems very possible that at least either of those 2 will, except if it's 0-0 of course...

This shouldn't be treated any differently. It's still the same market, so you would lose a little with that bet if things stay as they are, and of course you lose more if Giroux and/or Alvarez also joins the party...

Betting 10e on Messi and with no one scoring will mean only 5e return? 10 on Mbappe 10 on Messi and im down 10 if no one scores? Doesnt seem right somehow. If Alvarez Giroud joins its 10 divided by 3?

Damn it will be hard to counter bet this. Wanted to bet some on Mbappe, now will wait probably. Thx for help.

7 hours ago, jerry said:

Betting 10e on Messi and with no one scoring will mean only 5e return? 10 on Mbappe 10 on Messi and im down 10 if no one scores? Doesnt seem right somehow. If Alvarez Giroud joins its 10 divided by 3?

No no no. The odds get divided, not the stake.

I though it would be 1,95/2 = 0,975 odds if Messi and Mbappe are tied for the win, in which case you would get 9,75e back from the 10e bet. 

But I had to check the terms just in case, and apparently it would be technically voided afterall, whenever the win would go lower than the stake.

"If two or more Participants share the applicable finishing positions and no odds have been offered for a drawn outcome, the payout will be calculated by dividing the odds by the number of participants sharing those certain positions and are settled accordingly. The payout will always be at least equal to the stake, except in cases of “Head to Heads”"

Section B, Para 5.14 ( page 18 )

Apologies for the the slightly wrong first information 😳

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1