World Cup chat and bets

Stubbe-Unibet

7 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

With all the shocks so far maybe a case could be made for any of the teams left to spring a surprise. Really? Australia? USA? Well maybe not 

Not from the USA anyway, a comfortable passage for the Netherlands, maybe 1 or 2 anxious minutes for a short while but never a serious threat. The same for Argentina tonight. 🤔 Yes.

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

19 hours ago, jerry said:

Where's @WuDu comment? 

Przechwytywaniess.PNG.7d66ffa88fd2d05193c62e5c2d83a5b8.PNG

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Mark Wahlberg No GIF by Daddy's Home

Reyna with the USA now out as well, so only Bellingham and Guerreiro still in the tournament when it comes to BVB players. I can live with that, especially if England goes out ASAP!

• Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

And finally one player coming to the forefront and showing what they can do, The Messi Show. Australia did get back into the game with a freak deflection when they looked all but out, but at least Argentina didn't resort to back pedalling and playing safety first, they still showed admirable intent. I think they've moved up a notch after that first match scare and look a serious outfit now. 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

1 hour ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

And finally one player coming to the forefront and showing what they can do, The Messi Show. Australia did get back into the game with a freak deflection when they looked all but out, but at least Argentina didn't resort to back pedalling and playing safety first, they still showed admirable intent. I think they've moved up a notch after that first match scare and look a serious outfit now. 

13 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

And so the group stages finish with yet another team not needing to win to progress in fact not winning and progressing, a common theme lately. 

Which leaves us with 16 teams and a tourney wide open for the taking. 

image.png.a0158f98c71d7c80db3fa3636b85f773.png 

The first 4 favourites all have some positives but all some negatives, including that they each lost a group game, not all of them vital but some could have been costly, not the sort of confidence building message that should be sent out. With all the shocks so far maybe a case could be made for any of the teams left to spring a surprise. Really? Australia? USA? Well maybe not but others certainly. Anyway we're down to the knockout stages, so I'm expecting a lot more defending, hitting on the break, hanging on for the draw and hoping for that touch of luck that a one off match can provide. The more I look at it the more I see the winner coming from the first 5 in the betting, including England who shouldn't really be scared of anyone. Maybe that is my natural chauvinistic jingoism seeping through, as it applies to all the teams left, there simply doesn't look like a stand out favourite.

I asked a few well known figures for their opinions and...

giphy.gif.525cb05e16553e1138d911a06d83981c.gif

My final choice....

giphy.gif.d298ae9a246bd4b1e0f8e8415a06312a.gif

... well what else did you expect? 

Hardly agree with any of this 😄

Argentina played another bad game and in the end a draw wouldn't have been undeserved for Australia. Unless Argentina manage to take their game to a whole different level, they won't make it past Netherlands. Odds 3.8 on NL should have a bit of value but odds decreased now.

England have played one good game this tournament - against Iran 😄 with odds 8 on Senegal, the value is definitely on the English to end their journey here. Again, England got a great team, on paper, but in the past 12 months they've played 2-3 good games and several terrible. 

They'll most likely win tomorrow, and as always I hope they do, as there's nothing better than the never ending hope of "it's coming home" 😄

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Yea argentina looked in good shape today... but also Messi... I wonder how many times Messi was given the ball to start something special this game, my favourite play was at around min 70 when he flew between like 3 australians in the middle of the field then passed other 2 and after that he was set up for a 1-2 and finally the last defender at around 11meters barely touched the ball and sent it in the corner. Good ol` Messi

Edited by FaiDeaEmo
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, FaiDeaEmo said:

Yea argentina looked in good shape today... but also Messi... I wonder how many times Messi was given the ball to start something special this game, my favourite play was at around min 70 when he flew between like 3 australians in the middle of the field then passed other 2 and after that he was set up for a 1-2 and finally the last defender at around 11meters barely touched the ball and sent it in the corner. Good ol` Messi

I'm not sure what this good shape is about. The team played against Australia and didn't manage to create a single chance in the first half. It has kind of been of theme for them this tournament: to wait and see what the opposition brings. However, they're at less than 2Xg against an Australian side that didn't have their best day. 

We're talking second favorite to win, before tournament start, and they've been struggling quite significantly. Am I missing something here? Not unlike the English, they've played one really good game so far this tournament. 

Well Im sure after that first game in the groupstage they been playing it very slow but I can see how they slowly rise up to the occasion after they figure out their opponents they show their class and great football to watch... Not sure @Stubbe-Unibet what u mean about Netherlands being a hard match for Argentina if both play like today.. I`m worried for Netherlands even though they had a great groupstage... but today saw most of 2nd half vs USA and it felt very even , just got lucky with the 3rd goal I think, cuz if USA kept having constant opportunities after the 2-1, they could have balanced out the score too

8 hours ago, FaiDeaEmo said:

Well Im sure after that first game in the groupstage they been playing it very slow but I can see how they slowly rise up to the occasion after they figure out their opponents they show their class and great football to watch... Not sure @Stubbe-Unibet what u mean about Netherlands being a hard match for Argentina if both play like today.. I`m worried for Netherlands even though they had a great groupstage... but today saw most of 2nd half vs USA and it felt very even , just got lucky with the 3rd goal I think, cuz if USA kept having constant opportunities after the 2-1, they could have balanced out the score too

USA is a much better team than Australia. They did indeed play a decent 2nd half. 

Netherlands still won more comfortably than Argentina - Argentina won because of an individual mistake by Matt Ryan.

Of course both are great teams, I just don't think Argentina have showed that at all. Messi showing his skill on a few occasions and some good individual performances. But as a team, they haven't impressed me. 

• Like 2

Argentina maybe looks better after every round, but the misleading thing is that they havent been tested at all! SA, Mexico without a decent healthy forward, Poland with the looser mentality and Australia (lol). 

But Netherlands is weak too... 

France should destroy Poland today, and i smell a goalless boredom for England - Senegal. Hopefully im wrong. 

Yes teamwork is vitally important as has been seen in a few matches so far where the team pulling together has managed to overcome a supposedly superior set of players, but when the chips are down and the going gets tough who would you rather have on your side, Messi or.........? Yes, Australia gifted Argentina a goal but then got a great gift back from a wild shot going miles wide that wickedly deflected in. Argentina may not have been all that impressive so far but no one else has either, I'll repeat they all have their faults and all are beatable.  

I could go all in and say it's coming home but it's still too early, we're not even on the bubble yet, plenty of time to get dealt :As::Ah:

😂

Edited by GR1ZZL3R

Messi must be worst captain of history. At least leading with example. JC it is like watching sunday walk at elders home. But i guess it can be good sign when you win with playing like that, lot of room to improve.

Best thing about 3rd round and first play off matches has been that clearly VAR ain't interfering game play as much as first two rounds, hopefully they keep that for rest of tourny.

19 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Odds 6.8 live on Senegal. That's definitely worth a shot 

13 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Well... 😆

Er, maybe not. 🤔

[Gavin Cooney] At a technical briefing on the group stage, Arsene Wenger says 'the teams who were mentally ready to focus on the competition and not on political demonstration' played well in the opening game (twitter.com)

🤔

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Definitely a good 35-50 minutes by the English. A bit of a shame Senegal were so handicapped in the midfield for this one. No doubt it made a big difference missing the two key players tying the team together in the middle and could perhaps have been a close and exciting affair.

Has been a pretty shit knockout stage so far. Hopefully the two games tomorrow will be more close. At least the next round with France vs England and Argentina vs Netherlands should be a lot better! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Has been a pretty shit knockout stage so far. 

I will go one step further and say this is s h i t world cup. Sh i tt  est ive seen 😁 Seen all the games and really dont remember one that was consistently good, from the start to the end. Best match for me was Croatia-Belgium {Lakaka meltdown will be remembered long time] even if this was slow match in some fragments. Would go for Serbia-Swiss but only for first half, second half was terrible. Cameroon Serbia was fun but mostly for the mistakes both team were making, not for the quality of the game. Mostly games are very slow and not much fun. Late phase really needs to step it up 💣😡

• Like 3
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Just now, jerry said:

I will go one step further and say this is s h i t world cup. Sh i tt  est ive seen 😁 Seen all the games and really dont remember one that was consistently good, from the start to the end. Best match for me was Croatia-Belgium {Lakaka meltdown will be remembered long time] even if this was slow match in some fragments. Would go for Serbia-Swiss but only for first half, second half was terrible. Cameroon Serbia was fun but mostly for the mistakes both team were making, not for the quality of the game. Mostly games are very slow and not much fun. Late phase really needs to step it up 💣😡

The tournament was never going to be amazing with it being more about non-football stuff than actual football. At least it's been the case in Denmark and other northern european countries. 

But there have been good moments. Most exciting for me was the last matches in group E.

• Like 1