World Cup chat and bets

Stubbe-Unibet

Couldn't agree more with the two above ⬆️ ⬆️ (now superseded) , the standard has been pretty grim so far, shocks yes but no edge of the seat (CC 29) or nail biting (CC30) entertainment, the favourites coming to the fore now knocking out the weaker teams. Still wide open though but the quarter finals should be where it gets better.

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

17 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Definitely a good 35-50 minutes by the English. A bit of a shame Senegal were so handicapped in the midfield for this one. No doubt it made a big difference missing the two key players tying the team together in the middle and could perhaps have been a close and exciting affair.

Has been a pretty shit knockout stage so far. Hopefully the two games tomorrow will be more close. At least the next round with France vs England and Argentina vs Netherlands should be a lot better! 

Yea I also think only the match between Netherlands and USA has been close so far in this KO stage, much more close than the final score, in fact they had more shots, corners, possession, pass accuracy, half the fouls and 0 yellow cards, its a shame that match didn`t go 2-2 and extra time instead of 3-1 .

Other than that I think  Japan vs Croatia and Portugal vs Switzerland should be the even matches of this stage but Im mostly excited about Morocco vs Spain cuz Morocco had a great groupstage and I haven`t seen them play, also cuz Spain struggled after that massive 7-0 win in the first match, barely got 2nd place in their group and was also eliminated(for a few minutes) when Costa Rica was leading Germany 2-1. Morocco vs Spain could be an even match even though unibets odds don`t say it.

16 hours ago, jerry said:

I will go one step further and say this is s h i t world cup. Sh i tt  est ive seen

I liked final round of group stage. Goals, many group were tight and not sure who was going to proceed, no unnecessary var shit. Now we are seeing downside of that when those surprise countries can't really fight against better teams in play offs but they should all be gone before next stage so that should be good again...

• Like 1

Japan and Croatia to draw, maybe Croatia having a slight edge in extra time or even having to win on penalties (don't mind at all if Japan win) and Brazil to progress comfortably if not spectacularly. 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

And yet another poor match, this time followed by some even poorer penalties. What happened to "the good old days" (CC30) of Geoff Hurst and Franny Lee, run up and belt the ball as hard as you can? Set of wishy washy Fancy Dan wimps taking them these days. 

giphy.gif.8f674db690ee19feedca931f4eb854c8.gif

11 minutes ago, Purps said:

I thought that was one of the better ones 😮

Do I need to get myself checked? 😩

Probably just me, I fell asleep at one stage but that might have something to do with what I consumed last night. 😂

• Haha 3

And finally a team turns up and look as though they mean business, Brazil winning without breaking sweat. The quality of the goals was good but the defending was poor by Korea, so with the game being effectively over after the third goal went in still not a game to get overexcited by. 

I expect Spain to win fairly comfortably, was going to go for a draw Portugal and Switzerland, largely because both don't look very effective up front, I'm not seeing a 4-3 classic there. I may still do so. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

I expect Spain to win fairly comfortably, was going to go for a draw Portugal and Switzerland, largely because both don't look very effective up front, I'm not seeing a 4-3 classic there. I may still do so. 

Agree. Reality says 3-1 to Spain and none of the favourites were eliminated yet. I hope Switzerland will win tonight, but can't make a decision for that game. Maybe a btts-yes.

16 hours ago, FaiDeaEmo said:

Spain looks beatable by Marocco tonight

And they were. It's just continuing the theme that each team has big question marks around them. For all that possession Spain had one shot in the second half, and despite supposedly practicing 1,000 penalties looked as if they didn't know what the idea behind them actually was. Awful. I'm seriously considering stop betting on these matches, too often I've backed one team and end up cheering for the underdog, definitely the case with Morocco. 😪

But what a difference a player makes. No Ronaldo and Portugal played as though a huge weight had been lifted from their shoulders, a new star emerging and some team football really worth watching, now a dangerous side. Will Ronaldo be back for the next match?  I would say no but... tbc.

• Like 1

Well done Croatia! Quite deserved in the end. Close to perfect execution of their game plan once again. They might not be world champions yet (I bet on them to win, when DK were knocked out) but they sure are penalty shootout world champions 😄 

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

16 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Well done Croatia! Quite deserved in the end. Close to perfect execution of their game plan once again. They might not be world champions yet (I bet on them to win, when DK were knocked out) but they sure are penalty shootout world champions 😄 

They could win the Cup by beating Canada, and only Canada, during regular time 😄