the €131.88 Poker Journal

Nestabear

8 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Ignore the trolls though, this is a totally different proposition put out in the open for many to see. 

Isn't it time for your 7th covid vaccination already? :classic_biggrin: You seem to believe anything that's being told to you. Just some food for thought here:

If @Nestabear needs money for a 1000 Euro PC and wants to pay 100 % of his poker profit for 1 year to his donors, where is the money for the buy-ins coming from? Why isn't that money/bankroll being used to buy a cheaper computer up front and use his poker winnings to then get a better one in 12 months or so? 

WIth this deal, Nesta has no incentive to play poker at all (no profit in 12 months, but 100 % of the risk), yet the donors would want him to play 24/7/365 without sleep and showering...

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

And once again WuDu comes up with answers to questions that haven't been asked. if you actually cared to read the thread nowhere does it suggest that he is offering 20 pieces of 5% which would indeed take all his profit for the year but lo and behold! it's actually there in black and white... "I'm offering a limited number of stakes."  In my book that doesn't mean 20 or even 10. Nestabear has done some research, maybe WuDu should as well. Maths is obviously not his strong point.  

Think Give Up GIF by Boomerang Official 

And he's still banging on about his favourite subjects, "Vaccinating Brocky." Everybody else stopped that years ago. 

Wildlife gif. A baboon yawns in boredom, tilts their head back, and stretches their tongue.

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R I've thought long and hard about it and I think @SShcherbyna has a valid point. I got a PC box from a friend of mine for cheap & it's good enough for me to use for now. I do need to upgrade the RAM & get a better Graphics card... but it will do for now. That PC list that I gave was for my Dream Poker PC.

Tomorrow I'll have a look at ordering some better RAM and then start saving for a better graphics card. I was going to end the offer for investing and the 3 Peeps that invested will share the winnings with me for a year. The list is...

1. Anthony Vale

2. Anonymous 

3. @GR1ZZL3R

But I'll give it to the start of the Supermoon on Sunday night to see if there are any more Peeps that want to make bank with us. 

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

Hi @Nestabear I was going to reply to your private message with a yes but I'll continue in public for the time being, unless you say stop, and make a couple of points. 

Obviously you could pay your winnings for a year but I wouldn't recommend that. Wudu getting his maths horribly wrong doesn't alter the point that you could win big early, give everyone a healthy return and then not have much incentive to continue, or simply play on other sites where you couldn't be monitored. I would suggest a fixed number of backers, say 5 at the most or else you'll seem to be paying out as much as you're winning, or even limit the payback to say 5 or 10 times the backing. If you get off to a slow start and are not winning much you'll not be paying much back but if you get off to a flyer you could be free and clear of debt and have nothing weighing you down. Anyway best of luck, I'm definitely in if you go for it, I'll be watching Sunday and I might as well stream it, no pressure then. 😁

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

1 hour ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

"I'm offering a limited number of stakes."  In my book that doesn't mean 20 or even 10. Nestabear has done some research, maybe WuDu should as well. Maths is obviously not his strong point.  

Except that "your book" doesn't mean anything here, since "limited" amount/time/offer/spots is as non-specific as it gets. Here it could mean anything from 1 spot to 20 spots. "Limited" is just a sales tactic to give the impression of scarcity and thus value.

Having said that, I'm still demanding answers:

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Where is the money for the buy-ins coming from? Why isn't that money/bankroll being used to buy a cheaper computer up front and use his poker winnings to then get a better one in 12 months or so? 

So if the spots were truely limited, let's say to 5 donors, Nesta would have 750 Euro for a new PC available and a bankroll to play tournaments like the Supermoon. Why would anybody then need to raise 250 Euros online?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Maths is obviously not his strong point

🤣 really?

If computer cost 1k then how many 50€ must be collected in order to buy it?

Overall i don't know if mr bear thought this through perfectly, if he ain't big winner then he gets no cpu, if he is big winner he ends up paying whole lot more than 1k for 1k cpu. Also adding supermoon to staking, when he already has ticket for it and that ticket is worth more than stakes collected, is bad deal for him.

• Like 1

@Livertool can you explain this a little more ... Also adding supermoon to staking, when he already has ticket for it and that ticket is worth more than stakes collected, is bad deal for him. 

I don't quite understand. when did I add the supermoon to the staking?

3 minutes ago, Nestabear said:

@Livertool can you explain this a little more ... Also adding supermoon to staking, when he already has ticket for it and that ticket is worth more than stakes collected, is bad deal for him. 

I don't quite understand. when did I add the supermoon to the staking?

Maybe i misunderstood but this gave me the impression of it:

"If I manage to pull off a big win, like in the €40k Supermoon I'm playing this Sunday."

Hi, fellow Grinders & Online Poker Friends!

giphy.gif

I'm now at the point where I believe I have the potential to be a winning player.

giphy.gif

But I need a better computer to be able to compete at the highest levels.

giphy.gif

I'm also willing to put in the hard work and dedication that it takes to be successful.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Having said that, I'm still demanding answers:

You can demand till your blue in the face but it's not for me to say. However I should demand that you go on a maths course, obviously still your weak point, on a par with a certain former  American President who also couldn't do simple maths.

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

So if the spots were truely limited, let's say to 5 donors, Nesta would have 750 Euro for a new PC available and a bankroll to play tournaments like the Supermoon. Why would anybody then need to raise 250 Euros online?

Five donors at a clearly stated 50 euros each is, in my book, 250 euros and not, according to your calculations 750 euros. I think my book is more accurate. Anyhow I'm not going to argue in someone else's thread with you, you've got a knack of making any thread you write in unreadable.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Wudu getting his maths horribly wrong doesn't alter the point that you could win big early, give everyone a healthy return and then not have much incentive to continue, or simply play on other sites where you couldn't be monitored.

Nothing prevents you from playing on Unibet just under a different nickname 🙂
There are no clear conditions, rules, and the proposal itself is very incomplete. For any guarantees, I am generally silent, and this is also important if it concerns money and it does not matter what the exact amount is.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Five donors at a clearly stated 50 euros each is, in my book, 250 euros and not, according to your calculations 750 euros. I think my book is more accurate. Anyhow I'm not going to argue in someone else's thread with you, you've got a knack of making any thread you write in unreadable.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

@GR1ZZL3R, I see it's already past your bed-time, so I spell it out just for you:

PC cost: 1000 Euro

5 donors a' 50 Euro: 250 Euro needed to finally buy the PC.

1000-250 = 750 Euro already with Nesta in his paypal/account/cash set aside to buy the computer. You get a good notebook for 500 Euro if you shop around a little, so why the need to ask for donations?

28 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

You can demand till your blue in the face but it's not for me to say.

So I take that as a "you don't know, either" and that's not a good sign for any staking deal because Nesta explicitly stated his desire to compete "at the highest levels". 

7 minutes ago, SShcherbyna said:

There are no clear conditions, rules, and the proposal itself is very incomplete

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2023 at 2:43 PM, Nestabear said:

Hi fellow Grinders & Online Poker Friends,

I'm writing to you today to ask for your help in raising funds to build a new poker PC. As you know, I've been playing poker for the past few years and have been steadily improving my skills. I'm now at the point where I believe I have the potential to be a winning player, but I need a better computer to be able to compete at the highest levels.

The total cost of the poker PC is about ZAR20,000(South African Rands)-(€1000). I've come up with a way to raise the funds that I think you all might be interested in. I'm offering a staking option for 1 year. For a one-time payment of ZAR1,000-(€50), you'll receive a 5% stake in my poker winnings for the next year.

This means that if I win ZAR10,000-(€500) in a year, you'll receive ZAR500-(€25) . If I win ZAR20,000-(€1000), you'll receive ZAR1,000-(€50). And so on. If I manage to pull off a big win, like in the €40k Supermoon I'm playing this Sunday. The winner takes home about €10k, which is ZAR200 000. 5% of that is ZAR10k. 10 X your investment and still a whole year to make more profit on your ZAR1000 investment. 

I know that poker is a risky game, but I'm confident in my skills and I believe that I have a good chance of being a winning player. I'm also willing to put in the hard work and dedication that it takes to be successful.

If you're interested in staking me, please let me know. I'm offering a limited number of stakes, so don't wait too long.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely, 

Nestbear. 

Here is a list of the 8 components to build the Poker PC. 

1. CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F ZAR3,560
2. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 ZAR4,740
3. RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 ZAR1,800
4. Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD ZAR1,800
5. Motherboard: MSI B660M-A Pro ZAR1,800
6. Power Supply: 650W 80+ Gold Certified ZAR1,890
7. Case: NZXT H510 ZAR1,800
8.Monitor :Acer Nitro XV272U: R7,999.00

IMG_20230731_132402.jpg

As much as i'd like to do all sorts of risky investments, the sales pitch here is a bit too good to be true from a player that would be succesful already, not to mention a player whos PLAN is to become successful🙂. Also the added hurry to make buying decision solely based on ones "self confidence" makes the outcome of investment seem more like make-believe than most likely happening scenario.

Not mocking ppl willing to stake on things like this, everyone does whatever with their own money, but to me it all sounds like a quick attempt to get a dreamy "gaming pc", because playing poker online on any level doesn't really require that great of a computer nowadays when it comes to price. 

Kinda reminds me of myself when fantasizing about starting a new, healthy lifestyle, buying all kinds of fancy weights and sporting gears, and eventually never actually start exercising with them the way intended 😅

Sorry, sincerely hope and wish you all the best, but i'm out of this one, GL.

Edited by Rushbie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WuDu said:

@GR1ZZL3R, I see it's already past your bed-time, so I spell it out just for you:

PC cost: 1000 Euro

5 donors a' 50 Euro: 250 Euro needed to finally buy the PC.

1000-250 = 750 Euro already with Nesta in his paypal/account/cash set aside to buy the computer. You get a good notebook for 500 Euro if you shop around a little, so why the need to ask for donations?

So I take that as a "you don't know, either" and that's not a good sign for any staking deal because Nesta explicitly stated his desire to compete "at the highest levels". 

Wudu with the wrong information yet again, it's not a spelling challenge it's a maths challenge. So where does the 750 already in Nestabear's account come from, he has not given any figures as to what he already has. You're doing a Donald again (fast becoming known as a Wudu) and making things up when you replace what you've actually got with what you would like. If I don't know I'm quite willing to say so rather than pretend too know the answers. If it was 500E I could understand the concern, I'm chipping in 50E to hopefully help someone out, my choice my decision, thanks for your concern but no thanks. It's actually quite sad these days that the world is so full of scammers and con artists that even a small request from someone known in the community for years is treated with so much suspicion. If Nestabear disappears with however many lots of 50E he has managed to accrue then it would indeed be a sad day and all you naysayers can come up with all your "Told yous" and "A fool and his money are soon parted." I have a little faith left and wish Nestabear huge success and am willing to chip in 50 euros to hopefully help him on his way. 

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SShcherbyna said:

Nothing prevents you from playing on Unibet just under a different nickname 🙂

I wouldn't think anyone from UB would get involved but if anyone reneged on their deals the back office boys would know they were still playing here, unlikely as it is they would or could do anything about it. (Wudu's mate came back didn't he?)

10 hours ago, SShcherbyna said:

There are no clear conditions, rules, and the proposal itself is very incomplete. For any guarantees, I am generally silent, and this is also important if it concerns money and it does not matter what the exact amount is.

Sometimes, especially among friends, conditions don't need to be formalised. If a group of us were out and about and someone said "Lend us a tenner" I probably wouldn't start giving him the third degree about when and how I would get my money back. This has probably happened hundreds of times in my past, both ways, giver and asker. With inflation and my age taken into account I would think 50E is less than that and I regard this a s a temporary loan between acquaintances. Where would you draw the line? One euro, two, ten, nothing? The amount does matter. 

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

It's actually quite sad these days that the world is so full of scammers and con artists that even a small request from someone known in the community for years is treated with so much suspicion

Don't you think it is worth to wage things on all angels? Even if it is just 50€ and you are fine losing it.

Don't know what is standard with staking deals but like said to me this deal is bad for mr bear giving 5% for 50€ for few stakers when it don't come even close to 1000€ to get computer. If he is winning player and when he is already playing supermoons, he has no reason to gather 150-250€, at least with staking, better to loan such low amount if he is totally dry. Loan is really low risk compared to how much he can loose with giving 15-25% away.

You don't want to rip him off if he is pure at heart, do you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Anyhow I'm not going to argue in someone else's thread with you, you've got a knack of making any thread you write in unreadable.

season 8 mermaid man begins GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Wudu with the wrong information yet again....some gibberish....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9319671/

image.png.698f37fcfe832dd1b62fad3cbf756b4a.png

@GR1ZZL3R being vaxxed into dementia. Sad!

57 minutes ago, Livertool said:

You don't want to rip him off if he is pure at heart, do you?

If Nesta is honest about his intentions, the proposal is poorly planned and to his disadvantage. If he's dishonest, the donors are getting ripped off. All in all, way too many red flags, and like @Rushbie mentioned, why do you need a gaming PC to play poker? And why do you need a better PC to play higher buy-ins?

Questions over questions...

@GR1ZZL3R @SShcherbyna@Livertool@FreedoM & @WuDu

Gents... Like the post stated in the opener. Friends & Family... people that know me, know me and trust me. I know this is not for everyone, but I'm hoping to take a couple of my Peeps on a wild ride. The reason I'm doing it is because I was playing recreationally on a old POS laptop, with power cuts which means no Internet and building up a bankroll, only to sponsor it to a friend in need, more than once... only because I was a rec player, playing occasionally, with shitty equipment and power cuts on top it all off. 

Now things have changed a little. I've rigged the WiFi with a stand alone UPS so when the power goes out the WiFi stays on. I've got a workable PC to grind with & a lot more time to grind. I've been putting in my study time. I'm ready to move up to the next level, but I couldn't do it on my own and I want reward the Peeps that had a little faith in me. All I'm saying is all the factors are aligned for things to be positive. 

I never knew it would spark such a debate on the thread. Interesting to see all the different points of view & I opinions, I'm loving it. 

• Like 3

Does every post you make have to derail to something covid related Wudu?

"However, given the high risk of adverse outcomes when infected with SARS-CoV-2 and the clearly favorable safety/tolerability profile of existing vaccines, vaccination is still recommended."

You're posting quotes in favour of the vaccination now. Probably time to give up the crusade.

• Haha 2

Poker Janitor

2 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

I wouldn't think anyone from UB would get involved but if anyone reneged on their deals the back office boys would know they were still playing here, unlikely as it is they would or could do anything about it

I highly doubt that the staff can release any information about a player without their consent.

46 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Nesta is honest about his intentions, the proposal is poorly planned and to his disadvantage. If he's dishonest, the donors are getting ripped off. All in all, way too many red flags

Perfect summary but unfortunately  some see critical thinking as trolling.

36 minutes ago, Nestabear said:

@GR1ZZL3R @SShcherbyna@Livertool@FreedoM & @WuDu

Gents... Like the post stated in the opener. Friends & Family... people that know me, know me and trust me. I know this is not for everyone, but I'm hoping to take a couple of my Peeps on a wild ride. The reason I'm doing it is because I was playing recreationally on a old POS laptop, with power cuts which means no Internet and building up a bankroll, only to sponsor it to a friend in need, more than once... only because I was a rec player, playing occasionally, with shitty equipment and power cuts on top it all off. 

Now things have changed a little. I've rigged the WiFi with a stand alone UPS so when the power goes out the WiFi stays on. I've got a workable PC to grind with & a lot more time to grind. I've been putting in my study time. I'm ready to move up to the next level, but I couldn't do it on my own and I want reward the Peeps that had a little faith in me. All I'm saying is all the factors are aligned for things to be positive. 

I never knew it would spark such a debate on the thread. Interesting to see all the different points of view & I opinions, I'm loving it. 

Fair enough, didn't try to prevent staking but brought up some views that everyone may not have considered. What start as friendly community thing may end up in shit storm if everyone don't understand what they are singning for.

Honestly,imo, if cpu what you are missing and want fund it with staking and bring profit to stakers, then you should have asked enough that you can buy decent cpu to play with AND additional money to play on stakes where you are winning player and figure out % that stakers get from there. But all good, not my headache 🙂

28 minutes ago, Andy-Relax said:

Does every post you make have to derail to something covid related Wudu?

There is relevance to this topic too. None could predict that China release virus that killed significant amout of people followed by vaccine that made young athletes drop like flies (yeah for some reason we don't see those cases in media anymore at same volume) or Russia attacking countries which lead to lots of casualties so all sort of shit happens and none can promise that any of us is safe. Now what would happen if, god forbid, something bad happens to our mr bear and suddenly ha vanishes from community. None knows him for real, he ain't public figure that we would know from media whats up so conclusion would be that he scammed for just few dollars...

Want me to continue... ☺️

• Sad 1