the €131.88 Poker Journal

Nestabear

I was just wondering what a good percentage was for getting into the money on MTT's. This is mine & was wondering if there were any Community Members that had some insight on what a good strike rate is & maybe want to share there own. 😁 

Screenshot_20230511_090454.jpg

Edited by Nestabear
Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

7 hours ago, Nestabear said:

I was just wondering what a good percentage was for getting into the money on MTT's. This is mine & was wondering if there were any Community Members that had some insight on what a good strike rate is & maybe want to share there own. 😁 

No idea what constitutes a good % as I'm a recreational 🎣

Screenshot_20230511_154553_Unibet Poker.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nestabear said:

That stat is pretty much irrelevant. It varies greatly depending on the field size of the MTTs you're playing in, and the skill levels of the players whom you're playing against. There's a big difference between playing micro stakes or freerolls and going up against pros in high stakes games. Plus different formats, like bounty MTTs, call for different strategies.

23 hours ago, Nestabear said:

I was just wondering what a good percentage was for getting into the money on MTT's.

18-25% 

If less - often 🐠.
If more - too tight.
These are data from an analysis on one of the Russian forums of a large group of players (based on data from the Sharkscope website), which was conducted two years ago.
But it is worth keeping in mind that many players do not play everything in a row, but choose several favorite types of tournaments, so these data can vary greatly.
I have 18% on Unibet, which is very low for me (because I'm still that Nit 🙂), on other sites there are even cases when it exceeds 25%. But only on Unibet I play quite a lot of satellites, and in them ITM is generally lower than in MTT.
But all this does not matter.
Only 💰 is important. 🤓

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

WOMAN HITS GUY IN THE BALLS DURING WSOP FINAL TABLE LIVE STREAM

https://www.vip-grinders.com/woman-hits-guy-in-the-balls-during-wsop-final-table-live-stream/

This is hilarious... just goes to show what happens sometimes on the rail when there's a couple of drinks involved 😂😂😂

#JustAGuyTryingHisLuck

#WSOPBallsShot

#BallsyMove

#BallsDeepInThought

#BallsOfFire

The flick is always the worst... 

FyNZGkzacAAlsqF.jpeg

Edited by Nestabear
  • Haha 3

Can someone please help with some clarity on the Bankroll Booster phase 1 & 2 tourneys on the 25th & then continues on the 2nd of July. Can you only play 1 of the phase 1 tourneys to qualify & what's happens if you qualify for more that 1 phase 1 tournament. Do your chips get added together. I tried clicking the learn more button, but it goes to a " Oops... That on slipped through error page". 

@Andy-Relax @Stubbe-Unibet

• 1 month later...

Hi fellow Grinders & Online Poker Friends,

I'm writing to you today to ask for your help in raising funds to build a new poker PC. As you know, I've been playing poker for the past few years and have been steadily improving my skills. I'm now at the point where I believe I have the potential to be a winning player, but I need a better computer to be able to compete at the highest levels.

The total cost of the poker PC is about ZAR20,000(South African Rands)-(€1000). I've come up with a way to raise the funds that I think you all might be interested in. I'm offering a staking option for 1 year. For a one-time payment of ZAR1,000-(€50), you'll receive a 5% stake in my poker winnings for the next year.

This means that if I win ZAR10,000-(€500) in a year, you'll receive ZAR500-(€25) . If I win ZAR20,000-(€1000), you'll receive ZAR1,000-(€50). And so on. If I manage to pull off a big win, like in the €40k Supermoon I'm playing this Sunday. The winner takes home about €10k, which is ZAR200 000. 5% of that is ZAR10k. 10 X your investment and still a whole year to make more profit on your ZAR1000 investment. 

I know that poker is a risky game, but I'm confident in my skills and I believe that I have a good chance of being a winning player. I'm also willing to put in the hard work and dedication that it takes to be successful.

If you're interested in staking me, please let me know. I'm offering a limited number of stakes, so don't wait too long.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely, 

Nestbear. 

Here is a list of the 8 components to build the Poker PC. 

1. CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F ZAR3,560
2. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 ZAR4,740
3. RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 ZAR1,800
4. Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD ZAR1,800
5. Motherboard: MSI B660M-A Pro ZAR1,800
6. Power Supply: 650W 80+ Gold Certified ZAR1,890
7. Case: NZXT H510 ZAR1,800
8.Monitor :Acer Nitro XV272U: R7,999.00

IMG_20230731_132402.jpg

Edited by Nestabear
  • Confused 1

Or you can not get into staking (which is not beneficial for you in the first place) and take at least twice as cheap a computer, which will cover the issue of poker, poker software and will be as fast and reliable as the version of your assembly.
The same 5600g with a motherboard will cost almost as much as a single 12400f, does not need a video card, but at the same time supports 4k 144 Hz monitors, handles rendering and heavy tasks not much worse than a 12400f + 1650 kit, does not need a 650 watt power supply (in your assembly doesn't really need it either), and it will work well even in a case for 30 euros, not 100, as in your case. Yes, in this version you won't play especially new AAA games (although this also applies to 1650), but it is a working machine and performs work tasks no worse with twice the budget.
In no way am I trying to convince you. These are just the thoughts of a person who also needed a computer to play poker and didn't have the money for it either.

• Like 3

7uce26.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Hi Nestabear

To be fair Sscherbyna has a point about costs, it may be better to do some more research on the computer side and his point on staking has to be considered, it may or may not be right for you.  Ignore the trolls though, this is a totally different proposition put out in the open for many to see. 

So... do I go and blast off yet another 40 euro ticket on the tables or invest in a risky venture with probably not a huge upside? About the same result I would think. I doubt you'll be shelling out thousands in the next year but at least I'll have tried to help, as I know you'll try to win. 

I'm in. 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png