LOTS OF PREMIER LEAGUE

Livertool

47 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

Not that Liverpool deserves a spot in the Champions League, the last 18 months they play like Burnley... 

Well, year ago they were champs and still at xmas they were still top of table with 4 point margin, don't remember such thing from Burnley at any point 🤔 fair troll attempt but no good 😁

Losing top defenders for months would show in any team's performance and results but sure, they haven't done well enough in recent months to make it in top 4. Still time to make it thou

• Like 1

The huge difference this season has been the defences, Liverpool losing key players and City gaining Dias along with the improvement in form of Stones. 'Pool's attack all seemed too quiet at the same time whereas City found multiple scorers from every direction when they needed them. The same for all teams but I think a lack of a crowd affected 'Pool more, an unprecedented run of poor form at home.

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

17 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Well, year ago they were champs and still at xmas they were still top of table with 4 point margin, don't remember such thing from Burnley at any point 🤔 fair troll attempt but no good 😁

Losing top defenders for months would show in any team's performance and results but sure, they haven't done well enough in recent months to make it in top 4. Still time to make it thou

Nah, Pool built the big lead last season and started to play like shit. Lack of motivation, creativity and concentration, just not the same Liverpool we all like. Before covid they lost the plot, remember the game against Atletí. I agree its a big issue that key players are injured, but not an excuse because they were not better even at the end of last season. 

Well, not 18 months, lets say only 1.5 season 🙂

1 hour ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

The huge difference this season has been the defences, Liverpool losing key players and City gaining Dias along with the improvement in form of Stones. 'Pool's attack all seemed too quiet at the same time whereas City found multiple scorers from every direction when they needed them. The same for all teams but I think a lack of a crowd affected 'Pool more, an unprecedented run of poor form at home.

I think missing those keyplayers from defence had big influence to attacking too hence lack of goals/poor results. A-A and Robertson always been key part of attacking but this season they had to focus more on defense too. Last season they had +10 goal passes each, this season reduced more than half.

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

I think missing those keyplayers from defence had big influence to attacking too hence lack of goals/poor results. A-A and Robertson always been key part of attacking but this season they had to focus more on defense too. Last season they had +10 goal passes each, this season reduced more than half.

I totally agree @Livertool Because City managed to shore up their poor defence and could rely on them, not always the case in the past, that gave more freedom for others to press further forward after goals, six players in double figures in all comps. 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

• 2 weeks later...

Pep Fraudiola just needs more help! 😜 Tough to win when the ref is not in your pocket!

German coaches now won the past 3 UCL finals, it should have been 4 if not for Loris Karius...

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

9 hours ago, WuDu said:

Pep Fraudiola just needs more help! 😜 Tough to win when the ref is not in your pocket!

German coaches now won the past 3 UCL finals, it should have been 4 if not for Loris Karius...

Can't really blame ref if problem is that Pep sucks 😆

Pretty poor effort in the end from City after Chelsea got to lead. But that is what you get when you don't let your best players play.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Pretty poor effort in the end from City after Chelsea got to lead. But that is what you get when you don't let your best players play.

What did we expect from Guardiola, really? As i said before somewhere here, he can bring out the best from his players and can build up a very strong team, for marathons like domestic leagues. But if you wanna win CL, ask anyone else, because he flops badly at the big matches. He just cant change strategy during matches and tends to overthink, like yesterday with this new lineup, what was something like 3-7-0, with Zinchenko on the middle of the pitch...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Livertool said:

QF against Borussia Dortmund: Bellingham scores a regular 1:0 and the "bought and paid for"-ref denied it. Then in the return leg, Can causes a handball penalty; the same type of penalty the Spanish macho ref didn't give yesterday! 

Not that I was rooting for Chelsea specifically, but Pep's reactions once things go against him are warming my heart:

giphy.gif

😆 Bald fraud! Time to call his sugar daddy again for more money. Since he joined City, an already loaded team, they net invested 620 M in transfer fees over 5 years. 🤪

Also nice to see that the old BVB connection of Tuchel and Pulisic won the title, good for them. The goal by Havertz and Werner was also excellent.

• Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 1 month later...

@jerry Which grown "man" browses reddit? I'm demanding answers! 

In cases like this, it's best to wait until all the facts come out.

Having said that:

image.png.75af85a1cfbf9b0fcb3b7d221fc50001.png

😁

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.amazon.com/Defender-Steve-Barnes-Bruce/dp/1841990132

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1841990124/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2

https://thesetpieces.com/latest-posts/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/

Hilarious stuff, top of the line 😆💣

Steve Bruce wrote books about english manager who solves crime in his spare time.

Barnes bears all this with a stoicism that would be admirable if it wasn’t so utterly bizarre. Stick a gun in his face and he’s bored out of his mind. In Striker, while being marched to his death by gun-toting Irish thugs, Barnes lapsed into eerily detached descriptions of the waterways of Lancashire. In this book, while driving to a shootout with Israeli guns trained on his head, like any of us, his thoughts turn reflective:

Halifax, like all places in this area, is set among hills. There is moorland all around. Not as high and barren as Pennines, but windy nonetheless. Yet the valleys, with rivers and streams, are sheltered and pleasant. Until twenty or thirty years ago, this was an area that thrived on wool manufacture.

His utter complacency around weapons is so blatant, he actually marvels at it himself in several dreamy moments of stoner reflection throughout the book:

Strangely enough, I felt no fear. I’ve often wondered how I’d make out in a time of war. How do people face up to impending death? Why are some brave and others cowardly? Here I was, with a gun close to me, and I felt no fear. The situation was unreal. This was Leddersford on Saturday afternoon, not Chicago in the time of Al Capone.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for that operation, Barnes initially refuses to take part. You might think that was down to fear, or because he has no experience of any such practice, nor the time or inclination to take on terrorists simply because they have descended upon the broadly fictionalized version of Huddersfield he calls home. No, Steve Barnes hesitates in taking part in a counter-terrorism sting because he’s sore that he never got an England cap.

“Let’s put it this way. You’ll be helping your country.”
“My country never wanted me.”
“What do you mean?”
“I was never capped.”
“Why was that?”
“There were better defenders than me, I suppose.”
“The best uncapped full back in the country,” the driver said.
“Cricket was always my game,” the Boss said. “So you will assist us.”

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Graelish to City for almost 120 M Euro.

giphy.gif

Finally Pep gets some help, he cannot do it all by himself...

So which sheik club is paying Messi now? PSG or City? 

• Like 1

Grealish will start in first eleven [cause of fee] and slowly will be phased out [not good enough]. Im tellin this now.

I dont really see where he will be playing, i can see him only as a De Bruyne rotation option.

As for Messi sh it show its clearly only PSG. I mean i dont see City pull this off after Grealish and most likely Kane.

Would love to see Real to use Mbappe funds for Messi, would be pretty funny.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist