Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

@jerry, don't think Schalkes defense is shaky at all :) they've let in one goal per game. The defense is the reason we're doing as well as we are. It's the strikers where we've got the issue. We need at least one who's a good finisher and scores those 15+ goals a season. Kutucu can be the man in a couple of years and Matondo has potential as well, but we can't really wait that long. Burgstaller is an amazing player, but he's not a great goalscorer.
  • Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@psrquack 

Götze is in the hospital right now getting x-rays on his hand.

SCP with a much needed win! Red Bull has not won 4 in a row! Bayern with problems at home against Union.

@jerry wrote:

Two shakiest defences and there are no goals. Was expecting something like 3-3 or 4-4. I love like @WuDu was constantly teasing @Stubbe-Unibet about Dortmund superiority yet when i was watching this today it was the Schalke the clear better side 🤣. One cand wonder they could really have a better shot at Bayern, as for me im 95percent sure that Dortmund is not a problem for Munchen. 

Its like Dortmund have better players and worse coach and Schalke worse players and better coach 😏

Can i say that Brand is a flop or is too soon? I was right with Pepe and here am i right or not? 😪

Not! :laugh:

Let's not forget that we were playing on the road after a tough game in Milan just 3 days ago! That's no excuse for the sloppiness, but explains why Delaney, Witsel and Hakimi didn't show their best performance today. And for Schalke and its supporters, this game is like Super Bowl, World Cup Final and Ramadan all packed in one game! :atisfied:

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@psrquack wrote:

@FreedoM wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

LOL

https://streamable.com/0ru66 

giphy

Reserve player stopped the ball, but after VAR he did it when the ball wasn't out of the field, so the opponent team got a freekick, but this happened inside the box, so the freekick was evolved to penalty.

makes no sense whatsoever to give a penalty :Speechless:

but hey reality is more sf than movies :Puking:

• Like 1

@psrquack wrote:

@FreedoM: commentator also says it's a brand new rule from this season. Btw the reserve player was also booked with yellow card. I find it strange and nonsense.

Are you kidding me? The reserve player has absolutely zero business of gettig involved here. This is pro football and not some pick-up game on a dirty schoolyard. I'm telling you, if not for pro football, most of these imbeciles would be flipping burgers or mopping floors. In the end, Kiel won though...

Next game for the BVB is on Wednesday vs Gladbach. The good thing is that we don't need to travel anymore up until the Bayern game. I'm expecting some players to get rested: Witsel, Delaney, Hakimi and Hummels have to be rested before the Inter/Bayern games. Maybe Favre tries to run Hummels into the ground since he doesn't travel with the national team anymore. I could easily see us play with this defense in a few days:

Schulz-Hummels-Akanji-Piszczek

Weigl-Dahoud

May God have mercy...:Speechless:

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@psrquack wrote:

Yeah, I find strange giving a penalty not indirect free kick for situations like this and nonsense as double ban (penalty+yellow card). Direct free kick would be also acceptable for me.

eberwein

Direct free kick from the baseline? :Laugh:giphy

@WuDu wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

Yeah, I find strange giving a penalty not indirect free kick for situations like this and nonsense as double ban (penalty+yellow card). Direct free kick would be also acceptable for me.

eberwein

Direct free kick from the baseline? :Laugh:giphy

i'm happy we have found a solution and you also agree direct free kick would be the best booking thingy.:Thumbsup:

Our next four Bundesliga games:

Schalke.PNG.bbdc88f5be2555831d0c4917cbbc0074.PNG

Meanwhile Bayern got: Frankfurt, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Leverkusen.

If you haven't bet on Schalke to win the league yet, now is the time to do so. Not unlikely with 4 wins, if we can be a bit more efficient (and lucky) in front of goal. Main factor influencing the odds on Schalke - apart from Schalkes own performance ofc - is how Bayern are doing. Considering how they've been playing the last 2-3 weeks, if they don't improve significantly, it's not unlikely they'll lose points in at least 2 of the 4 upcoming games (3 if Dortmund stop fooling around).

Obviously being very optimistic here, but the point remains: this is likely the best time to bet on Die Königsblauen, unless things really turn around and we start playing a lot worse.

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

If you haven't bet on Schalke to win the league yet, now is the time to do so. Not unlikely with 4 wins,

Are you getting a kickback from Unibet for every Schalke bet? That would explain a lot! :laugh: Because you have no clue what you're writing about!

The smurfs played well yesterday, however the only reason for it was that they put intense effort into the game. Rivalries are always more important to the lesser club/nation. Of course, for the BVB fans a win against Schalke is really important, however our season doesn't depend on it as we have bigger fish to fry. Similar to when Germany is playing Denmark or Poland. Nobody in Germany cares about these nations, in Denmark and Poland, this is probably the main rivalry, I assume.

S04 also had the advantage of the BVB playing on a short week, thus for the first 75 minutes, they could cover up a lot of their shortcomings. Once they ran out of gas, Sancho had no problem breaking though mutiple times on our left wing and Hazard and Brandt/Reus had two very dangerous situations in the penalty box as well.

I doubt Schalke will make the Europa League, you simply have no striking power. Burgstaller, Uth, Raman? :laugh: Zero goals so far. Matondo was 1-on-1 with Hitz 3 times yesterday and missed everything. That's not enough. The Serdar shot that hit the post? Individual mistake before from us. Sane hitting the bar? Nice dead ball situation, however nothing out of regular play.

The next game for the smurfs is in Augsburg and I'd like to turn your focus on this interesting statistic:

Over the last two seasons, the smurfs played Köln and Augsburg in the game after the derby twice. in 17/18, Köln finished in last place and S04 finished 2nd. In 18/19, Schalke as well as Augsburg were fighting relegation. In each and every of these 4 post derby games, S04 was the favorite. The results? 4 draws! :wow:

Today Augsburg stole a point out of Wolfsburg and they need every point they can get to stay in the league, especially with the SCP running hot now! S04 basically played their game of the year and are getting lauded for their performance and now have to travel to Augsburg on a Sunday, there's no way the smurfs are 100 % motivated for that game and thus placing a bet against them presents nice value in my opinion:

Augsburg +0,5: 1,87 here.

Augsburg +0,25: 2,17 here.

Augsburg +0: 2,75 here.

Augsburg-S04 to draw: Only 3,70 here, but going up at asianodds.

giphy

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

I think you need to watch some more Schalke games ;)

The game yesterday wasn't particularly good. Played much better in the game against Hoffenheim the week before, and the team has been consistently performing at a high level :)

Nah, the two games per season I have to watch in full are enough Schalke for me! 😃 Although I have to admit, I like the coal mining players' tunnel.

You mean in the game you lost 0:2? Since surprising Red Bull, S04 played 3 games, scored once and won none. Harit's performance over the last 3 games is down as well. Schalke will add additional points to their total, however in order to win consitently, you need quality upfront which you totally don't have. Even in Paderborn, a bum like Burgstaller (4 goals, 3 assists in 33 games since 18/19 ) would probably sit on the bench most of the time, yet for you guys, he's starting since Mark Uth is even worse.

My point still is valid, over the last 4 post derby games, Schalke was the favourite each and every time, yet didn't manage to win. It's tough to get ready to play in Augsburg after such a derby!

Those results don't tell the full story. Deserved a win against Köln but weren't effective enough in front of goal, and they were lucky to score the equalizer in the 91st minute. Against Hoffenheim we should have scored a couple of goals as well in the 60 or so minutes we were completely dominating the game. Hoffenheim were very efficient. So as I said, if efficiency in front of goal can be improved, it looks extremely promising. Uth is still not at 100 % after the injury. Got high hope for Kutucu, even this season.

I definitely think you have a point when it comes to the game following the derby. Just like you often see when a team plays a huge game in CL, the performance in the following league game isn't impressive. And it's not only tired legs, there's also a motivation aspect to this. When a game has been hyped like crazy and motivation really peaked, the following game just won't be a regular one.

However, not sure how much it applies to Schalke in the current state, and it's worth noting we've got the game against Bielefeld tomorrow, so Augsburg technically won't be the game just after the derby.

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Total payout if Schalke win the league is currently at € 18,045 with a stake of € 55. Think this is it and I won't place further bets on this outcome - would have to create additional accounts because of the limits (the bet at the top was limited to € 10 with no option to get more approved and the one from today had to be sent for manual approval with just € 5.5 pre-approved).

betclic.PNG.85a359186850731a5370b5efff6e5cb5.PNGLeovegas.PNG.d5778845941e90a382b97c22e7077e0f.PNGred.PNG.b2c0b9a28fe79ef119ceaf82191949b6.PNG

Couldn't help myself with the Derby euphoria going on, so placed another € 10 Friday 🤣 Also makes the total potential payout and nice round 20k. 

schalkebet.PNG.f5f31df75e4d07fa2f5ca8bca3051c24.PNG

• Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Those results don't tell the full story. Deserved a win against Köln but weren't effective enough in front of goal, and they were lucky to score the equalizer in the 91st minute. Against Hoffenheim we should have scored a couple of goals as well in the 60 or so minutes we were completely dominating the game. Hoffenheim were very efficient. So as I said, if efficiency in front of goal can be improved, it looks extremely promising. Uth is still not at 100 % after the injury. Got high hope for Kutucu, even this season.

If we would transfer Manuel Akanji and Marcel Schmelzer to you, you'd have high hopes as well! Doesn't say that much...According to your logic, the BVB should be the favourite to win the UCL, since we completey had Barca under control and only drew because of the missed penalty...

You see a certain pattern here? :laugh: You had a great run from MD 3-7 with 4 wins in a row. Over the other 5 games, you scored just once! Only one time! The game in Paderborn, where the SCP played offensively and in the end had to open up is actually skewing your goal scoring record even further!

Using your chances is a quality asset as well and you have no quality upfront. So I think you'll be able to surprise a few other teams by being able to fight and having a solid coach, however that 's about it. S04 right now is basically a rich man's Union Berlin! :laugh: 

However the quality needed to reach the Euroleague or the UCL is simply not there right now!

@psrquack wrote:

LOL

https://streamable.com/0ru66 

Kiel won against Bochum despite the penalty. Bochum is now leading Bayern in the cup game and it's not like Bayern is dominating... :Geek:

They even had to bring on Lewa and Coutinho who were supposed to rest today.

Nobody here following the cup games in Germany? The BVB is playing against Gladbach in a few minutes with this lineup:

EIJb0B_WwAACMYn

Hummels, Reus and Bürki are sick/injured. Alcacer is sitting on the bench. Hakimi and Guerreiro are getting rested.

Hitz

Piszczek-Akanji-Zagadou-Schulz

Weigl-Witsel

Hazard-Brandt-Sancho

Bruun Larsen

Of course, Akanji has to start again 😠 however this is a lineup a lot of BVB supporters can live with. Brandt is finally playing the 10 for us (I hope so). Zagadou is finally starting again! Bruun Larsen is finally getting tested as our #2 striker. I'm not a fan of Weigl next to Witsel and Akanji, but at this point I'm looking ahead to the game! 

Great game to watch. Best guys for the BVB were match winner Brandt and Zagadou! Who would have thought? :laugh: Wolfsburg lost 1:6 against Red Bull today, so the game against them on Saturday couldn't come at a better time for us! I really, really hope that Favre put his contact lenses in this time and gives Zagadou the start on Saturday and uses Brandt at the 10 again!

@psrquack wrote:

I have checked the odds, previous results of today's Hoffenheim-Paderborn and was wonder how many suspended/questionable to play players both team have. Almost a starting eleven on both side.

My local newspaper reports the following:

The plan is to start the ones who won against Düsseldorf with the exception of Gjasula, who's suspended due to yellow cards. Vasialidis (toe) and Schonlau (nose) and Michel (foot) are the only ones banged up. Schonlau practiced in full, Vasialidis practiced without ball contact. That's it. Hope it helps...

• Like 1